Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
MoreTool's Avatar MoreTool
03-06-2006, 12:09 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAT!
CHEERS to you, you beaut, from a bloody galah (who loves you more) and the entire Tool family. See you and Sash at the usual billabong with gift in hand and a toast of a drop or two of the old amber fluid. (Stellas, to be sure, but remind me to buy you one of Ruby’s Mind Erasers.)

Love, Blair

P.S.

As per our (lengthy) conversation last night, without mentioning the actual name (and certainly not the correct time), having checked out a certain website, I should tell you that I’ve been thinking about this for hours and still have not reached a decision (although I now have a clearer understanding of the situation and therefore shouldn’t ‘panic’ when it comes time to speak up). There’s some pretty interesting (unusual) stuff there, alright, but at this point all I can say is that the RGPOS is a must! (Did you notice that the ‘a’ is out of place – should be before the ‘o’, which I’m assuming is a typo?) The first thing they mentioned (on the list) is a possibility, but 40 of the little suckers seems a bit excessive (and there’s no point in pretending to be a vampire). Why does it always have to be so difficult? Oh well, when the time comes, I’ll just have a few libations and roll the proverbial dice. Because we’re all in this together, afterwards, I suppose it will be alright to kiss you happy birthday!

Blair sucks
Old 03-06-2006, 12:09 PM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 45
Is he talking about us?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAT!
CHEERS to you, you beaut, from a bloody galah (who loves you more) and the entire Tool family. See you and Sash at the usual billabong with gift in hand and a toast of a drop or two of the old amber fluid. (Stellas, to be sure, but remind me to buy you one of Ruby’s Mind Erasers.)

Love, Blair

P.S.

As per our (lengthy) conversation last night, without mentioning the actual name (and certainly not the correct time), having checked out a certain website, I should tell you that I’ve been thinking about this for hours and still have not reached a decision (although I now have a clearer understanding of the situation and therefore shouldn’t ‘panic’ when it comes time to speak up). There’s some pretty interesting (unusual) stuff there, alright, but at this point all I can say is that the RGPOS is a must! (Did you notice that the ‘a’ is out of place – should be before the ‘o’, which I’m assuming is a typo?) The first thing they mentioned (on the list) is a possibility, but 40 of the little suckers seems a bit excessive (and there’s no point in pretending to be a vampire). Why does it always have to be so difficult? Oh well, when the time comes, I’ll just have a few libations and roll the proverbial dice. Because we’re all in this together, afterwards, I suppose it will be alright to kiss you happy birthday!

Blair sucks
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Cucumber_11's Avatar Cucumber_11
03-06-2006, 12:11 PM

Woah. Was Blair just being cryptic?
"10, 000 Days was everything I wanted Lateralus to be. When I first got it [Lateralus] I felt it was a very very good album but no way up there with my favourites. Then 10, 000 Days came and it was like 'woah'."
Old 03-06-2006, 12:11 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 192
Re: Is he talking about us?

Woah. Was Blair just being cryptic?
"10, 000 Days was everything I wanted Lateralus to be. When I first got it [Lateralus] I felt it was a very very good album but no way up there with my favourites. Then 10, 000 Days came and it was like 'woah'."
Ocelot199's Avatar Ocelot199
03-06-2006, 12:12 PM

Hes talking about the title of the album. Thats pretty obvious.

Yes, hes making fun of us for actually believing it was going to be called "10,000 Days" (along with all the other ridiculous rumors we made up).

Thank god. Now we can all shut up about that fucking stupid title.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:12 PM   #3
On Probation

Bincount™: 8929

Hes talking about the title of the album. Thats pretty obvious.

Yes, hes making fun of us for actually believing it was going to be called "10,000 Days" (along with all the other ridiculous rumors we made up).

Thank god. Now we can all shut up about that fucking stupid title.
03-06-2006, 12:13 PM

what is RGPOS?
Old 03-06-2006, 12:13 PM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

what is RGPOS?
03-06-2006, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreTool
what is RGPOS?
Its a programming thing.

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...GLD:en&q=RGPOS
Old 03-06-2006, 12:14 PM   #5
On Probation

Bincount™: 8929

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreTool
what is RGPOS?
Its a programming thing.

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...GLD:en&q=RGPOS
thejesus's Avatar thejesus
03-06-2006, 12:15 PM

This guy is out of his tree...

I wish the band would fire him and get a real webmaster who actually uses the website to provide information to fans instead of using it as his own personal blog

What a sad state of affairs...it's not even entertaining to read his nonsense...the whole news section should be taken off the site as this crap constitutes 90% of what we get there

Last edited by thejesus; 03-06-2006 at 12:18 PM..
Old 03-06-2006, 12:15 PM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 24

I wish the band would fire him and get a real webmaster who actually uses the website to provide information to fans instead of using it as his own personal blog

What a sad state of affairs...it's not even entertaining to read his nonsense...the whole news section should be taken off the site as this crap constitutes 90% of what we get there

Last edited by thejesus; 03-06-2006 at 12:18 PM..
03-06-2006, 12:18 PM

I guess he will read this so Blair i'm telling you : YOU SUCK!
Old 03-06-2006, 12:18 PM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

I guess he will read this so Blair i'm telling you : YOU SUCK!
03-06-2006, 12:19 PM

I don't think Blair is talking about the album title. I think he is talking about the launch of the new Tool website. Why would he "panic" about giving out the title of the new Tool album? He doesn't care that much about the title. He may "panic" because the website is changing and that directly affects him.
04/14/1994 Orlando, FL; 03/11/1997 San Antonio, TX; 08/07/1998 Austin, TX; 10/11/2001 Orlando, FL; 08/04/2002 Estero, FL; 08/05/2002 Daytona Beach, FL; 05/31/2007 Orlando; 06/01/07 Sunrise, FL; 06/02/07 Jacksonville, FL
Old 03-06-2006, 12:19 PM   #8
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 31

I don't think Blair is talking about the album title. I think he is talking about the launch of the new Tool website. Why would he "panic" about giving out the title of the new Tool album? He doesn't care that much about the title. He may "panic" because the website is changing and that directly affects him.
04/14/1994 Orlando, FL; 03/11/1997 San Antonio, TX; 08/07/1998 Austin, TX; 10/11/2001 Orlando, FL; 08/04/2002 Estero, FL; 08/05/2002 Daytona Beach, FL; 05/31/2007 Orlando; 06/01/07 Sunrise, FL; 06/02/07 Jacksonville, FL
03-06-2006, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejesus

But then we'd all be fuck-ed up-ed when tool had real news to divoldge. When i first started going to toolband.com i noticed it got updated once every few days, at that point i had never been to a bands website where the news was that frequent (granted its not always about tool but meh). Every other bands website just had news on their lates release, courtcase, lawsuit and was updated once every 6 months. The band looked dead to me.

My point: The news posts are there to give us that comfort and safe warm fuzzly feeling, which comes from knowing your band is still active and has not disconnected from its fans.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:21 PM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

But then we'd all be fuck-ed up-ed when tool had real news to divoldge. When i first started going to toolband.com i noticed it got updated once every few days, at that point i had never been to a bands website where the news was that frequent (granted its not always about tool but meh). Every other bands website just had news on their lates release, courtcase, lawsuit and was updated once every 6 months. The band looked dead to me.

My point: The news posts are there to give us that comfort and safe warm fuzzly feeling, which comes from knowing your band is still active and has not disconnected from its fans.
03-06-2006, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cucumber_11

uh huh...and Blair using the News section to wish happy birthday to 'Kat' has what exactly to do the band connecting to its fans?
Old 03-06-2006, 12:25 PM   #10
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

uh huh...and Blair using the News section to wish happy birthday to 'Kat' has what exactly to do the band connecting to its fans?
waffel
03-06-2006, 12:28 PM

Quote:

The 'PS' is longer then the 'happy birthday' message.

My guess is Blair has real problems getting any free ass, and has to use the website to 'impress' all his ladie/guy friends.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:28 PM   #11
Banned.

Bincount™: 3442

Quote:

The 'PS' is longer then the 'happy birthday' message.

My guess is Blair has real problems getting any free ass, and has to use the website to 'impress' all his ladie/guy friends.
03-06-2006, 12:28 PM

Quote:
It gives a feeling of activity on their website, like someone is there. When ToolBand and ToolArmy is the only way we, as fans, can hear from the band you don't want a post every 6 months or so. If you did it would look dead, it would look like the band were not interested in communicating with their fans.

It's a psychological thing.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:28 PM   #12
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
It gives a feeling of activity on their website, like someone is there. When ToolBand and ToolArmy is the only way we, as fans, can hear from the band you don't want a post every 6 months or so. If you did it would look dead, it would look like the band were not interested in communicating with their fans.

03-06-2006, 12:36 PM

Quote:

Well, I think he fails to provide any useful service whatsoever to the band or the fans...I really hope they don't pay him much $$$ to do what he does...
Old 03-06-2006, 12:36 PM   #13
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

Well, I think he fails to provide any useful service whatsoever to the band or the fans...I really hope they don't pay him much $$$ to do what he does...
03-06-2006, 12:39 PM

Quote:
He's gotta earn a fair few pennies. He never mentions another job, in fact the only thing other than tool that he seems to do is get drunk and go on the best damn holidays ever.

If you're looking for the best job in the world I think you can look him squarely in the eyes, call him a gimp, then stop looking.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:39 PM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
He's gotta earn a fair few pennies. He never mentions another job, in fact the only thing other than tool that he seems to do is get drunk and go on the best damn holidays ever.

If you're looking for the best job in the world I think you can look him squarely in the eyes, call him a gimp, then stop looking.
noisetherapy's Avatar noisetherapy
03-06-2006, 12:40 PM

is the PS related all of your wierd accusations about titles and whatnot. i hope you get your answers soon, you are all starting to go nuts on every word posted about tool. including the word 'the'.
that said, i too frequent this page, but intend to play a very low part in all the speculation. they could title the album hungry hungry hippos and i would still buy it.

Last edited by noisetherapy; 03-06-2006 at 12:43 PM..
Old 03-06-2006, 12:40 PM   #15
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 26

is the PS related all of your wierd accusations about titles and whatnot. i hope you get your answers soon, you are all starting to go nuts on every word posted about tool. including the word 'the'.
that said, i too frequent this page, but intend to play a very low part in all the speculation. they could title the album hungry hungry hippos and i would still buy it.

Last edited by noisetherapy; 03-06-2006 at 12:43 PM..
Isac Khrondor's Avatar Isac Khrondor
03-06-2006, 12:40 PM

Blair reminds me of when you're a little kid and you know something everyone else wants to know, but you don't tell them, just rub it in all the time and piss everyone off.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:40 PM   #16
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 145

Blair reminds me of when you're a little kid and you know something everyone else wants to know, but you don't tell them, just rub it in all the time and piss everyone off.
noisetherapy's Avatar noisetherapy
03-06-2006, 12:47 PM

i bet tool hired him to teach them about more about magick and occult. he just so happened to have some web skills(at the time) as well. you'd be suprised who and what bands/rich/famous recruit as part of there so called entourage.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:47 PM   #17
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 26

i bet tool hired him to teach them about more about magick and occult. he just so happened to have some web skills(at the time) as well. you'd be suprised who and what bands/rich/famous recruit as part of there so called entourage.
03-06-2006, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisetherapy
personally, I don't think the PS has anything to do with the record or the band...I think he's just using the news section as his own personal blog now...this shit is getting out of hand...

I think I might start one of those online petitions to see if we can't get Tool to realize that Blair is bad for their business and fire his ass...he's just a sorry man who provides no useful service whatsoever

Last edited by thejesus; 03-06-2006 at 12:53 PM..
Old 03-06-2006, 12:48 PM   #18
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
personally, I don't think the PS has anything to do with the record or the band...I think he's just using the news section as his own personal blog now...this shit is getting out of hand...

I think I might start one of those online petitions to see if we can't get Tool to realize that Blair is bad for their business and fire his ass...he's just a sorry man who provides no useful service whatsoever

Last edited by thejesus; 03-06-2006 at 12:53 PM..
Wretched's Avatar Wretched
03-06-2006, 12:49 PM

what is his shit about a and o being facked up, typo, what?
Old 03-06-2006, 12:49 PM   #19
Banned.

Bincount™: 3710

what is his shit about a and o being facked up, typo, what?
Hodge
03-06-2006, 12:49 PM

let him have his fun while he can
Old 03-06-2006, 12:49 PM   #20
Smokes poutine every day

Bincount™: 6367

let him have his fun while he can
paraflux
03-06-2006, 01:00 PM

If they fired Blair I would be most disappointed. He is the only one I can think of who could entertain us during these long stretches of no Tool.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:00 PM   #21
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070

If they fired Blair I would be most disappointed. He is the only one I can think of who could entertain us during these long stretches of no Tool.
TurdEye13's Avatar TurdEye13
03-06-2006, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraflux
you sure got that right
Old 03-06-2006, 01:00 PM   #22
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 2063

Quote:
you sure got that right
03-06-2006, 01:03 PM

Of course he is talking about us, why wouldn't he be, we are the centre of the universe afterall :P.

Oh and I like the old man.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:03 PM   #23
Banned.

Bincount™: 3710

Of course he is talking about us, why wouldn't he be, we are the centre of the universe afterall :P.

Oh and I like the old man.
TurdEye13's Avatar TurdEye13
03-06-2006, 01:17 PM

yes
Old 03-06-2006, 01:17 PM   #24
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 2063

yes
03-06-2006, 01:26 PM

I´d still rather have some tool news than happy birthdays, last night i drank wine with the family, my new book is out, and all the other non-related tool stuff.

what´s the point of doing this? just to do the opposite of people expect? this is not sarcastic, this is stupid and childish.. IMHO.

of course, as usual, I´m wrong.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:26 PM   #25
On Probation

Bincount™: 17

I´d still rather have some tool news than happy birthdays, last night i drank wine with the family, my new book is out, and all the other non-related tool stuff.

what´s the point of doing this? just to do the opposite of people expect? this is not sarcastic, this is stupid and childish.. IMHO.

of course, as usual, I´m wrong.
03-06-2006, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Perhaps you are just more easily amused than some...I don't find him the least bit amusing or entertaining...
Old 03-06-2006, 01:27 PM   #26
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Perhaps you are just more easily amused than some...I don't find him the least bit amusing or entertaining...
03-06-2006, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tentonmantra

you and I are on the same page...
Old 03-06-2006, 01:28 PM   #27
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by tentonmantra

you and I are on the same page...
03-06-2006, 01:29 PM

agree
Old 03-06-2006, 01:29 PM   #28
Level 7 - Loquacious

agree
03-06-2006, 01:39 PM

Quote:
For some reason, I don't think Blair has any hand in the website creation/maintenance process. I think he's just the writer.

And Paraflux - I'm with you. I find him amusing and insightful.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:39 PM   #29
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12

Quote:
For some reason, I don't think Blair has any hand in the website creation/maintenance process. I think he's just the writer.

03-06-2006, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staticfactory

Are you kidding me? What in this last post of his did you find to be insightful?

Seriously...nobody knows what he's going on about half the time except him...what the hell good does that do the fans or the band?

You all act as though there are these clever coded messages within his ramblings that fans need to decode...but there aren't....he's just a clown with no skills and too much time on his hands

Last edited by thejesus; 03-06-2006 at 01:52 PM..
Old 03-06-2006, 01:47 PM   #30
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staticfactory

Are you kidding me? What in this last post of his did you find to be insightful?

Seriously...nobody knows what he's going on about half the time except him...what the hell good does that do the fans or the band?

You all act as though there are these clever coded messages within his ramblings that fans need to decode...but there aren't....he's just a clown with no skills and too much time on his hands

Last edited by thejesus; 03-06-2006 at 01:52 PM..
LetGoLetgoLetGo's Avatar LetGoLetgoLetGo
03-06-2006, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles
Blair is the man.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:08 PM   #31
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles
Blair is the man.
T-13h's Avatar T-13h
03-06-2006, 02:08 PM

Quote:

Kick out the J A M S .
Old 03-06-2006, 02:08 PM   #32
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 911

Quote:

Kick out the J A M S .
03-06-2006, 02:09 PM

He's one to talk about typos.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:09 PM   #33
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 88

He's one to talk about typos.
03-06-2006, 02:11 PM

Everytime you think Blair is bad, go look at the APC official website.

Would you rather it have not been updated since February 05?
Old 03-06-2006, 02:11 PM   #34
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 297

Everytime you think Blair is bad, go look at the APC official website.

Would you rather it have not been updated since February 05?
03-06-2006, 02:12 PM

shit nevermind

my point failed because the website is BROKEN
Old 03-06-2006, 02:12 PM   #35
Level 9 - Obstreperous

shit nevermind

my point failed because the website is BROKEN
03-06-2006, 02:17 PM

Quote:

Blair will never be fired, he's too good of friends with the band and I'm sure they all get a kick out of what he does. Besides, I admit I kinda enjoy the rollercoaster...

EDIT: And thank God it isn't 10,000 Days
Old 03-06-2006, 02:17 PM   #36
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:

Blair will never be fired, he's too good of friends with the band and I'm sure they all get a kick out of what he does. Besides, I admit I kinda enjoy the rollercoaster...

EDIT: And thank God it isn't 10,000 Days
pryingopenmy3rdeye's Avatar pryingopenmy3rdeye
03-06-2006, 06:13 PM

Quote:
How can you be so sure?
Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke
Old 03-06-2006, 06:13 PM   #37
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 93

Quote:
How can you be so sure?
Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke
ATARI's Avatar ATARI
03-06-2006, 06:23 PM

he is a daywalker
Old 03-06-2006, 06:23 PM   #38
Level 9 - Obstreperous

he is a daywalker
03-06-2006, 06:51 PM

maybe he's wishing Kat Happy Birthday....
Old 03-06-2006, 06:51 PM   #39
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 144

maybe he's wishing Kat Happy Birthday....
03-06-2006, 06:56 PM

i so hope it's still 10,000 days. just to piss you naysayers off.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:56 PM   #40
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 6

i so hope it's still 10,000 days. just to piss you naysayers off.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply