Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
AsylumVT's Avatar AsylumVT
06-08-2006, 12:54 PM

lol i am hoping to collect every tool item that i can find. currently i have bought 2 Ænima
1 of everything else but i need newer cds. and i hope to own like 5 of each so if one gets ruined, theres backup
Old 06-08-2006, 12:54 PM   #41
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: how many time's have you........

lol i am hoping to collect every tool item that i can find. currently i have bought 2 Ænima
1 of everything else but i need newer cds. and i hope to own like 5 of each so if one gets ruined, theres backup
hushypushy's Avatar hushypushy
06-10-2006, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuceman
Would you believe that in Australia it is ILLEGAL to even burn a copy of a CD you have purchased? True story. You cannot even make a so-called backup copy.

Of course, that doesn't stop anybody from doing it. And rightly so. Because it's a STUPID fucking law.
+10 points for why America kicks ass then...ha.

but yeah of course, i dont think they will be coming into your house checking for burned CDs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm619
I figure I steal enough other music that I should make up for it by giving the bands I really like a little extra support. Just my opinion.
that doesnt really make sense. that's like saying that you steal stuff all the time from Walmart, so to make up for it, you're going to buy twice as much stuff from Target. buying a lot more music from Tool isn't going to "make up" for all the music you've downloaded from other bands.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:00 AM   #42
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988

Quote:
Would you believe that in Australia it is ILLEGAL to even burn a copy of a CD you have purchased? True story. You cannot even make a so-called backup copy.

Of course, that doesn't stop anybody from doing it. And rightly so. Because it's a STUPID fucking law.
+10 points for why America kicks ass then...ha.

but yeah of course, i dont think they will be coming into your house checking for burned CDs...

Quote:
I figure I steal enough other music that I should make up for it by giving the bands I really like a little extra support. Just my opinion.
that doesnt really make sense. that's like saying that you steal stuff all the time from Walmart, so to make up for it, you're going to buy twice as much stuff from Target. buying a lot more music from Tool isn't going to "make up" for all the music you've downloaded from other bands.
06-10-2006, 07:11 PM

just one.. one is all im going to need. i have all the songs on my mp3 player
Old 06-10-2006, 07:11 PM   #43
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

just one.. one is all im going to need. i have all the songs on my mp3 player
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Æsahættr's Avatar Æsahættr
06-10-2006, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroin
its been a little over a month since 10'000 days was released, how many copies have you bought already?

me, due to wear and tear from listening to it all day form the walk man to the cd player at work ant the one at home and in cars i am on my third cd. anyone else buy more then one yet?
Wow.
I will buy one and only one.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:19 PM   #44
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroin
its been a little over a month since 10'000 days was released, how many copies have you bought already?

me, due to wear and tear from listening to it all day form the walk man to the cd player at work ant the one at home and in cars i am on my third cd. anyone else buy more then one yet?
Wow.
I will buy one and only one.
Rubb.'s Avatar Rubb.
06-10-2006, 07:23 PM

Quote:

What the fuck? lol, I swear the piracy laws here change on a daily basis.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:23 PM   #45
Illuminator of Lightitude
Suicide Booth ID: 20

Location: Van Diemens Land Penis Length: 1.4 inches Vagina Capacity: 7.2 inches
Bincount™: 21769

Quote:

What the fuck? lol, I swear the piracy laws here change on a daily basis.
06-10-2006, 08:52 PM

One copy, as with all my other Tool CDs.

You'd have to really fuck it up to make it so unplayable that you need a new one. If mine can survive smashing on the ground in the CD player, popping out, rolling down a muddy hill and into a stream below and still work almost perfectly still, I don't know what you guys are doing to it. After all that, it skips for about 3 seconds on The Patient, but is otherwise just fine.

I keep my copy of 10,000 Days in my car, but I only listen to it if my MP3 player battery dies.
Old 06-10-2006, 08:52 PM   #46
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 119

One copy, as with all my other Tool CDs.

You'd have to really fuck it up to make it so unplayable that you need a new one. If mine can survive smashing on the ground in the CD player, popping out, rolling down a muddy hill and into a stream below and still work almost perfectly still, I don't know what you guys are doing to it. After all that, it skips for about 3 seconds on The Patient, but is otherwise just fine.

I keep my copy of 10,000 Days in my car, but I only listen to it if my MP3 player battery dies.
06-10-2006, 09:03 PM

one copy of each here including salival. though I need to buy a new copy of lateralus since I scratched it up on accident taking it out of a stupid cd changer.

i'm with the other dude if you guys are buying that many cd's you should pick up salival just for the sole reason of getting the copies out of the hands of ebay sellers and into the hands of real fans.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:03 PM   #47
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

one copy of each here including salival. though I need to buy a new copy of lateralus since I scratched it up on accident taking it out of a stupid cd changer.

i'm with the other dude if you guys are buying that many cd's you should pick up salival just for the sole reason of getting the copies out of the hands of ebay sellers and into the hands of real fans.
06-10-2006, 09:09 PM

Two as gifts and two for me. I just bought a new one today because my bitch ass ex stole my first one.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:09 PM   #48
Level 1 - Lurker

Two as gifts and two for me. I just bought a new one today because my bitch ass ex stole my first one.
AlexTool's Avatar AlexTool
06-10-2006, 11:25 PM

i bought only one, and only one it will be.. it's enough, 10 K days is together with all the others Tool Albums... 1st thing i do when i buy a new album is burning it into my hard drive,,, this way i can make many copys, one for the car, for the job, for girlfriend's home... but the original i can say.. it's been added to my list of most important items... Sure... I would only buy a new cd, in case of breaking the other or as a gift to someone...
to answer the TOPIC, i have 1 original album e 3 copys.
Peace
Old 06-10-2006, 11:25 PM   #49
Level 4 - Thinker

i bought only one, and only one it will be.. it's enough, 10 K days is together with all the others Tool Albums... 1st thing i do when i buy a new album is burning it into my hard drive,,, this way i can make many copys, one for the car, for the job, for girlfriend's home... but the original i can say.. it's been added to my list of most important items... Sure... I would only buy a new cd, in case of breaking the other or as a gift to someone...
to answer the TOPIC, i have 1 original album e 3 copys.
Peace
06-11-2006, 04:14 AM

I hope mine melts.
Old 06-11-2006, 04:14 AM   #50
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 415

I hope mine melts.
hushypushy's Avatar hushypushy
06-11-2006, 10:46 AM

you know what though, i can imagine 10kd getting more wear than the other albums, simply because of the gay sleeve its in. rubbing it on that every time = more wear? as opposed to popping it out of a jewel case. i slide it out with ease though, i took it out and my girlfriend was like HOLY SHIT HOW DID YOU GET IT OUT SO EASY?
Old 06-11-2006, 10:46 AM   #51
Level 11 - Clamorous

you know what though, i can imagine 10kd getting more wear than the other albums, simply because of the gay sleeve its in. rubbing it on that every time = more wear? as opposed to popping it out of a jewel case. i slide it out with ease though, i took it out and my girlfriend was like HOLY SHIT HOW DID YOU GET IT OUT SO EASY?
06-11-2006, 12:29 PM

One signed, one normal
Old 06-11-2006, 12:29 PM   #52
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

One signed, one normal
Typical's Avatar Typical
06-11-2006, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzblome
2 copies
one was a gift

then I made 4 other copies for a safty, home, car, and one for the studio. the original hasn't left the package since.

1 laturalus --1 on vinyl too
1 aenima ---Want it on vinyl but I'm not pay $300 on ebay.
1 undertow -1 on vinyl too
1 opiate-----getting it on vinyl soon
wow same here exactly. (except i already have opiate on vinyl). i'm hoping to stumble across aenima vinyl at a yard sale or something one of these days. haha.

hahahahahaha. :(
Old 06-11-2006, 02:22 PM   #53
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzblome
2 copies
one was a gift

then I made 4 other copies for a safty, home, car, and one for the studio. the original hasn't left the package since.

1 laturalus --1 on vinyl too
1 aenima ---Want it on vinyl but I'm not pay $300 on ebay.
1 undertow -1 on vinyl too
1 opiate-----getting it on vinyl soon
wow same here exactly. (except i already have opiate on vinyl). i'm hoping to stumble across aenima vinyl at a yard sale or something one of these days. haha.

hahahahahaha. :(
McBastard
06-13-2006, 12:11 AM

In my entire collection ive only had to repurchase one cd.

Treat them nice and you have no problems.

Although 10,000 days does have a pretty shitty design as far as 'ease of access' for getting the cd in and out.... Mind you, ive got worse and managed not to scratch the buggery out of them.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:11 AM   #54
Level 1 - Lurker

In my entire collection ive only had to repurchase one cd.

Treat them nice and you have no problems.

Although 10,000 days does have a pretty shitty design as far as 'ease of access' for getting the cd in and out.... Mind you, ive got worse and managed not to scratch the buggery out of them.
trickma's Avatar trickma
06-13-2006, 07:52 PM

1 copy of each album, i think my aenima may need to be replaced soon though hehe.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:52 PM   #55
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

1 copy of each album, i think my aenima may need to be replaced soon though hehe.
AMF
06-13-2006, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattw
What the fuck?

I own the following:

1 copy of Opiate
1 copy of Undertow
1 copy of Aenima
1 copy of Salival
1 copy of Lateralus
1 copy of 10,000 Days

I don't understand how you van 'wear out' a cd? I play mine all the time and they are still in good condition etc.

This concept of additional copies boggles my mind...
Same. Hello, these are CD's guys, not VHS! CD's don't wear out, I'm sorry. They get scratched, maybe yes, but c'mon, stop trying to act cool like you play them so much you need to buy more copies since they wear out.........puh-leez.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:18 PM   #56
AMF
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattw
What the fuck?

I own the following:

1 copy of Opiate
1 copy of Undertow
1 copy of Aenima
1 copy of Salival
1 copy of Lateralus
1 copy of 10,000 Days

I don't understand how you van 'wear out' a cd? I play mine all the time and they are still in good condition etc.

This concept of additional copies boggles my mind...
Same. Hello, these are CD's guys, not VHS! CD's don't wear out, I'm sorry. They get scratched, maybe yes, but c'mon, stop trying to act cool like you play them so much you need to buy more copies since they wear out.........puh-leez.
sprucemoose3311's Avatar sprucemoose3311
06-14-2006, 12:06 AM

I own one copy of every official release, including salival, parabol dvd, and schism dvd
one copy is enough, though i may buy a second 10k days out of fears that one day they may not produce the stereoscopic artwork but just flat pictures...
Old 06-14-2006, 12:06 AM   #57
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 59

I own one copy of every official release, including salival, parabol dvd, and schism dvd
one copy is enough, though i may buy a second 10k days out of fears that one day they may not produce the stereoscopic artwork but just flat pictures...
06-14-2006, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeefsmeef
Mine always get broken/scratched. Sometimes they just vanish. Cd's aren't durable enough. They have a poor, easily ruined design.
Not if they're in the case or in a cd player.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:45 AM   #58
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeefsmeef
Mine always get broken/scratched. Sometimes they just vanish. Cd's aren't durable enough. They have a poor, easily ruined design.
Not if they're in the case or in a cd player.
Heroin's Avatar Heroin
06-15-2006, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Three copies.

In my opinion, if I'm willing to spend the money, why is it so bad that I would support the band? I figure I steal enough other music that I should make up for it by giving the bands I really like a little extra support. Just my opinion.

yeah
Old 06-15-2006, 07:39 PM   #59
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 81

Quote:
Three copies.

In my opinion, if I'm willing to spend the money, why is it so bad that I would support the band? I figure I steal enough other music that I should make up for it by giving the bands I really like a little extra support. Just my opinion.

yeah
06-16-2006, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha
one for me. the whole "car cd," "work cd," "bathroom cd" shit is dumb. can you people not walk from place to place and then safely place the cd in the respective cd player? can you not as well place the cd back in a case after you are finished listening to it? cd players do not destroy cd's in any way, shape or form, unless you do something stupid and toss the shit around like a dumbass, then you have a problem. laziness is a motherfucker, but if you have it that bad, then you need some adjustment in your life.
Truth. I especially like the part about "toss[ing] the shit around like a dumbass". Great post. Thanks. heh.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:12 AM   #60
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha
one for me. the whole "car cd," "work cd," "bathroom cd" shit is dumb. can you people not walk from place to place and then safely place the cd in the respective cd player? can you not as well place the cd back in a case after you are finished listening to it? cd players do not destroy cd's in any way, shape or form, unless you do something stupid and toss the shit around like a dumbass, then you have a problem. laziness is a motherfucker, but if you have it that bad, then you need some adjustment in your life.
Truth. I especially like the part about "toss[ing] the shit around like a dumbass". Great post. Thanks. heh.
facelessDrone
06-16-2006, 11:16 AM

I don't keep CDs in the cases, I put them in a CD wallet/folder because it's cumbersome to keep around a jewel case for every CD I own. I've yet to find a CD folder that will not scratch CDs, or even *break* them. My shitty CD folder has broken my White Pony, RATM-Renegades, and The Fragile (right) CDs right in two (LOL Tool lyrics reference).

For this reason I archive all the CDs I don't listen to much (where they won't get fucked up), and put the remaining ones that I listen to often in a smaller, safer hardcover case in my car. And even it scratches them sometimes.

But I still won't buy multiple copies of a fuckin CD. Come on now. Maybe one day you'll have rent to pay/bills to pay/wedding to save for/etc. and you'll realize that it's silly to spend 8x the money for something you could enjoy just as much for the price of one.

For rare/OOP shit like my Salival CD, it has seen the CD burner once, and other than that, it sits in its box.
Richmond - Richmond Coliseum. 6-7-07
Old 06-16-2006, 11:16 AM   #61
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 17

I don't keep CDs in the cases, I put them in a CD wallet/folder because it's cumbersome to keep around a jewel case for every CD I own. I've yet to find a CD folder that will not scratch CDs, or even *break* them. My shitty CD folder has broken my White Pony, RATM-Renegades, and The Fragile (right) CDs right in two (LOL Tool lyrics reference).

For this reason I archive all the CDs I don't listen to much (where they won't get fucked up), and put the remaining ones that I listen to often in a smaller, safer hardcover case in my car. And even it scratches them sometimes.

But I still won't buy multiple copies of a fuckin CD. Come on now. Maybe one day you'll have rent to pay/bills to pay/wedding to save for/etc. and you'll realize that it's silly to spend 8x the money for something you could enjoy just as much for the price of one.

For rare/OOP shit like my Salival CD, it has seen the CD burner once, and other than that, it sits in its box.
Richmond - Richmond Coliseum. 6-7-07
Juanjay
06-16-2006, 02:10 PM

I have one copy of it
Old 06-16-2006, 02:10 PM   #62
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I have one copy of it
Absolute_Zero's Avatar Absolute_Zero
06-16-2006, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by facelessDrone

Agreed, and logically, if you saved the cash you were going to spend on additional copies of CDs, you could easily buy a burner and a shitload of CD-Rs
Old 06-16-2006, 02:30 PM   #63
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 255

Quote:

Agreed, and logically, if you saved the cash you were going to spend on additional copies of CDs, you could easily buy a burner and a shitload of CD-Rs
06-16-2006, 02:38 PM

Quote:
I've yet to find a CD folder that will not scratch CDs, or even *break* them.
dang, really? i have a CD folder in my car, one of those 48 CD book thingies, and the only time CDs die on me is because:

1. sun damage--cheap CDRs start to peel
2. they fall on the floor and get pushed around

but other than that, i've had CDs in my car(s) for years and they're still alive. also, i never put original CDs in my car. ever CD in my car is either a copy or a mix.

weird that your CDs are getting scratched and broken from a CD folder, i throw mine around the car all the time, it's always getting stepped on and sat on, and my CDs are still fine..
Old 06-16-2006, 02:38 PM   #64
Level 11 - Clamorous

Quote:
I've yet to find a CD folder that will not scratch CDs, or even *break* them.
dang, really? i have a CD folder in my car, one of those 48 CD book thingies, and the only time CDs die on me is because:

1. sun damage--cheap CDRs start to peel
2. they fall on the floor and get pushed around

but other than that, i've had CDs in my car(s) for years and they're still alive. also, i never put original CDs in my car. ever CD in my car is either a copy or a mix.

weird that your CDs are getting scratched and broken from a CD folder, i throw mine around the car all the time, it's always getting stepped on and sat on, and my CDs are still fine..
06-16-2006, 04:37 PM

i have mine on my ipod, so i never use the actual cd unless i wanna listen to it with the stereo
Old 06-16-2006, 04:37 PM   #65
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 10

i have mine on my ipod, so i never use the actual cd unless i wanna listen to it with the stereo
06-16-2006, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlylecastle
One copy is good enough, I don't find any reason whatsoever to purchase another album. I personally think its pointless and people need to take better care of their valuables. Put it on your computer, burn it, and save the original. Its stupid to waste money on the same fucking cd you already have
I know. It's stupid.

And starting a thread about it, well, no comments.

This consumerism really needs justification, doesn't it? However dumb it may seem.

I have bought only one copy of the album. Of every Tool album I own. Of every album I own, actually.

Moral of the story: Take care of your shit.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:42 PM   #66
Banned.

Bincount™: 13310

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlylecastle
One copy is good enough, I don't find any reason whatsoever to purchase another album. I personally think its pointless and people need to take better care of their valuables. Put it on your computer, burn it, and save the original. Its stupid to waste money on the same fucking cd you already have
I know. It's stupid.

And starting a thread about it, well, no comments.

This consumerism really needs justification, doesn't it? However dumb it may seem.

I have bought only one copy of the album. Of every Tool album I own. Of every album I own, actually.

Moral of the story: Take care of your shit.
іккіИ
06-17-2006, 03:17 AM

only one.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:17 AM   #67
Banned.

only one.
happydipshit
06-18-2006, 12:52 PM

[QUOTE=champion]For two reasons.

lost Lateralus about three or four times.

yeah man i know what youre talking about :)
Old 06-18-2006, 12:52 PM   #68
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

[QUOTE=champion]For two reasons.

lost Lateralus about three or four times.

yeah man i know what youre talking about :)
saut's Avatar saut
06-18-2006, 12:58 PM

i can understand maybe needing to buy a new copy in a few years... but going through THREE in a month? wtf are you doing to your cds, seriously. never replaced a cd in my life.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:58 PM   #69
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 47

i can understand maybe needing to buy a new copy in a few years... but going through THREE in a month? wtf are you doing to your cds, seriously. never replaced a cd in my life.
the darknight
06-18-2006, 04:28 PM

90 bazilliontrillionfortysix and two

... who cares?
Old 06-18-2006, 04:28 PM   #70

Bincount™: 3

90 bazilliontrillionfortysix and two

... who cares?
Aunt Acid's Avatar Aunt Acid
06-18-2006, 09:05 PM

I've bought one but stolen two additional from Wal*Mart. Tool was paid for the copies I stole, don't worry.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:05 PM   #71
Level 7 - Loquacious

I've bought one but stolen two additional from Wal*Mart. Tool was paid for the copies I stole, don't worry.
DON IOTAE's Avatar DON IOTAE
06-19-2006, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Acid
*lol*
Old 06-19-2006, 05:34 AM   #72
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Acid
*lol*
QuantumMind's Avatar QuantumMind
06-19-2006, 07:55 AM

Everyone says that they bought one because all they need to do is put it on their iPod or hard drive and that everyone else who bought the albums more than once is stupid. Well apparently they have not been listening to Tool for as long as I have. I do own an iPod but I don't even think that they existed when I was buying Opiate and Undertow on cassette tape back when my broke ass couldn't afford a new cd player. Then I bought them on CD again when I got a cd player along with Aenima. But over the years, until I got an iPod, the CDs had to be rebought because they would get damaged or lost. I even own an unopened copy of the cds just to save the artwork. Because you know that there have been a number of cds whose artwork has been dumbed down for one reason or another. Plus, do you really think that CD's will be around forever, remember when cassettes replaced records and we lost alot of good art due to size limitations of the cassette packaging. As for Lateralus and 10000 I bought one as a gift, one to listen to and copy, and one to save for the future.

Last edited by QuantumMind; 06-19-2006 at 07:57 AM..
Old 06-19-2006, 07:55 AM   #73
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Everyone says that they bought one because all they need to do is put it on their iPod or hard drive and that everyone else who bought the albums more than once is stupid. Well apparently they have not been listening to Tool for as long as I have. I do own an iPod but I don't even think that they existed when I was buying Opiate and Undertow on cassette tape back when my broke ass couldn't afford a new cd player. Then I bought them on CD again when I got a cd player along with Aenima. But over the years, until I got an iPod, the CDs had to be rebought because they would get damaged or lost. I even own an unopened copy of the cds just to save the artwork. Because you know that there have been a number of cds whose artwork has been dumbed down for one reason or another. Plus, do you really think that CD's will be around forever, remember when cassettes replaced records and we lost alot of good art due to size limitations of the cassette packaging. As for Lateralus and 10000 I bought one as a gift, one to listen to and copy, and one to save for the future.

Last edited by QuantumMind; 06-19-2006 at 07:57 AM..
DON IOTAE's Avatar DON IOTAE
06-19-2006, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumMind
Ok, not everyone is as old and as careless as you!

I remember cassettes and CD players, and my copy of Undertow, back from 1993 when I bought it, is still nice, legible, and taken care of. All it has is the broken fuckin' clamps on the side. But that's all. The CD is a little scratched, but hey, it's been more than 10 years, and it sounds great, no skips.

Moral of the story: Take care of your shit!

Last edited by DON IOTAE; 06-19-2006 at 08:22 AM.. Reason: context change
Old 06-19-2006, 08:20 AM   #74
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumMind

I remember cassettes and CD players, and my copy of Undertow, back from 1993 when I bought it, is still nice, legible, and taken care of. All it has is the broken fuckin' clamps on the side. But that's all. The CD is a little scratched, but hey, it's been more than 10 years, and it sounds great, no skips.

Last edited by DON IOTAE; 06-19-2006 at 08:22 AM.. Reason: context change
QuantumMind's Avatar QuantumMind
06-19-2006, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iota

Moral of the story: Who cares!
Old 06-19-2006, 11:58 PM   #75
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iota

Moral of the story: Who cares!
thomasknight
06-20-2006, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hushypushy
i slide it out with ease though, i took it out and my girlfriend was like HOLY SHIT HOW DID YOU GET IT OUT SO EASY?
nudge nudge, wink wink, know what i mean?
Old 06-20-2006, 03:22 AM   #76
On Probation

Bincount™: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by hushypushy
i slide it out with ease though, i took it out and my girlfriend was like HOLY SHIT HOW DID YOU GET IT OUT SO EASY?
nudge nudge, wink wink, know what i mean?
Peanut's Parents's Avatar Peanut's Parents
04-04-2008, 10:56 AM

I like hushypushy.

But i've only bought one. One copy of em all. I don't listen to the cd really. I rip to my computer or Modified Xbox and play it off there.

I'm not a CD buyer, i buy DVDs, i got a major collector of DVD, about 5 or 6 hunderd, haven't counted in a while, But i'll support the music that i love and i will always buy the CD, I'm rarely download any music that i love the artist. YOU GOT TO SUPPORT THE ARTIST, even though not alot goes to them. give them the stats, and sales.

So i'd buy all of them again if i had to.

But just ONE copy of all of em.

TOOL

nuff said monkeys.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:56 AM   #77
Level 4 - Thinker

I like hushypushy.

But i've only bought one. One copy of em all. I don't listen to the cd really. I rip to my computer or Modified Xbox and play it off there.

I'm not a CD buyer, i buy DVDs, i got a major collector of DVD, about 5 or 6 hunderd, haven't counted in a while, But i'll support the music that i love and i will always buy the CD, I'm rarely download any music that i love the artist. YOU GOT TO SUPPORT THE ARTIST, even though not alot goes to them. give them the stats, and sales.

So i'd buy all of them again if i had to.

But just ONE copy of all of em.

TOOL

nuff said monkeys.
05-16-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hushypushy View Post
here's an interesting idea that you people who are buying CDs over and over might want to consider:

burn a copy.

come on folks, this is what the DMCA is all about! you bought it, so burn 12 copies of it, keep one in the car, one at your desk, one in the living room, one in the bedroom, and then scatter the others randomly around the house.

staying on topic...personally, my CD is absolutely mint. i bought it, listened to the CD once in my computer, ripped it to my hard drive, and um, that's about it. i've taken it out a couple times to listen to it on my surround sound system. so i think in total, my disc has been out of the package 3 times.

^-^ that's what i do.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:38 PM   #78
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by hushypushy View Post
here's an interesting idea that you people who are buying CDs over and over might want to consider:

burn a copy.

come on folks, this is what the DMCA is all about! you bought it, so burn 12 copies of it, keep one in the car, one at your desk, one in the living room, one in the bedroom, and then scatter the others randomly around the house.

staying on topic...personally, my CD is absolutely mint. i bought it, listened to the CD once in my computer, ripped it to my hard drive, and um, that's about it. i've taken it out a couple times to listen to it on my surround sound system. so i think in total, my disc has been out of the package 3 times.

^-^ that's what i do.
Medicea Sidera
05-16-2008, 09:50 PM

This is nonsense for me! Why people need double copy of the same CD? It's like having 2 or 3 copy of the same movie on DVD...what you gonna do whit the other 2!

I own ONE copy that's all i need! i like how my CD gettin old through the years...and you can always rip the CD, mp3 are a better way to listen music! you can carry your mp3 player in any place you want.

Last edited by Medicea Sidera; 05-16-2008 at 09:52 PM..
Old 05-16-2008, 09:50 PM   #79
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

This is nonsense for me! Why people need double copy of the same CD? It's like having 2 or 3 copy of the same movie on DVD...what you gonna do whit the other 2!

I own ONE copy that's all i need! i like how my CD gettin old through the years...and you can always rip the CD, mp3 are a better way to listen music! you can carry your mp3 player in any place you want.

Last edited by Medicea Sidera; 05-16-2008 at 09:52 PM..
hemiola's Avatar hemiola
05-17-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicea Sidera View Post
Why people need double copy of the same CD?.
in case you want to listen to it more than once?

Quote:
mp3 are a better way to listen music!
LOL
Old 05-17-2008, 09:27 AM   #80
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 20

Quote:
Why people need double copy of the same CD?.
in case you want to listen to it more than once?

Quote:
mp3 are a better way to listen music!
LOL

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply