Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
ufopancakes's Avatar ufopancakes
07-03-2008, 11:43 PM

I couldn't think of a better place to post this. Granted, I don't believe everything this guy says... but he does point out a lot of interesting similarities between the symbolism in different movies.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aVaBzBvVaUs

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hWqPWSpJJQI&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zd_k-PCd4H8
Old 07-03-2008, 11:43 PM   #1
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 1
Syncronichities in Entertainment

I couldn't think of a better place to post this. Granted, I don't believe everything this guy says... but he does point out a lot of interesting similarities between the symbolism in different movies.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aVaBzBvVaUs

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hWqPWSpJJQI&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zd_k-PCd4H8
07-04-2008, 10:18 AM

I concur with most of the syncs, but I doubt Justin Timberlake was contemplating polarities when he was walking on a checkerboard....If you listen to what that guy is saying, he sounds like one of the confused tool fans on here randomly mixing tool lyrics with their own life experiences or movies and other irrelevant shit because it only makes sense in their head. Movies are chock full of occult references, our whole society and government is so why should it not be veiled thinly in the media? Just like in the shitty movie Contact, she sits in a tetrahedron or whatever the 3-D star of david is called, to travel to another galaxy.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:18 AM   #2
On Probation

Bincount™: 7
Re: Syncronichities in Entertainment

I concur with most of the syncs, but I doubt Justin Timberlake was contemplating polarities when he was walking on a checkerboard....If you listen to what that guy is saying, he sounds like one of the confused tool fans on here randomly mixing tool lyrics with their own life experiences or movies and other irrelevant shit because it only makes sense in their head. Movies are chock full of occult references, our whole society and government is so why should it not be veiled thinly in the media? Just like in the shitty movie Contact, she sits in a tetrahedron or whatever the 3-D star of david is called, to travel to another galaxy.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
ufopancakes's Avatar ufopancakes
07-04-2008, 05:11 PM

I agree... a lot of the similarities were a little far fetched. As for Justin walking on the checkerboard... he may have not been thinking polarity, but you never know what the director of that movie (and donnie darko) is thinking.

I think the 3d star of david is the Star Tetrahedron.
Old 07-04-2008, 05:11 PM   #3
Level 8 - Vociferous

I agree... a lot of the similarities were a little far fetched. As for Justin walking on the checkerboard... he may have not been thinking polarity, but you never know what the director of that movie (and donnie darko) is thinking.

07-04-2008, 05:12 PM

I watched House of 1000 corpses today for the first time. There was a part towards the beginning where the clown says "Shit the bed!" as just an exclamation... like "holy shit!" or "Goddamn!". I wonder if Maynard had this expression in mind for Rosetta stoned... or if he literally meant "I shit my bed". I mean he does say that he's strapped down in a bed... but I've never heard someone just say "Shit the bed" like that... in a movie or otherwise.
Old 07-04-2008, 05:12 PM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

I watched House of 1000 corpses today for the first time. There was a part towards the beginning where the clown says "Shit the bed!" as just an exclamation... like "holy shit!" or "Goddamn!". I wonder if Maynard had this expression in mind for Rosetta stoned... or if he literally meant "I shit my bed". I mean he does say that he's strapped down in a bed... but I've never heard someone just say "Shit the bed" like that... in a movie or otherwise.
07-05-2008, 01:19 PM

there is a difference between mere coincidence and a synchronicity...i think the shit the bed thing is mere coincidence, the clown says a lot of weird things it's a rob zombie movie, and maynards talking about shitting the extra-terrestrial examination bed because you're being experimented upon, or something to that effect.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:19 PM   #5
On Probation

there is a difference between mere coincidence and a synchronicity...i think the shit the bed thing is mere coincidence, the clown says a lot of weird things it's a rob zombie movie, and maynards talking about shitting the extra-terrestrial examination bed because you're being experimented upon, or something to that effect.
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
07-07-2008, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_noose View Post
You are correct.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:21 AM   #6
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
You are correct.
07-07-2008, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kody27 View Post
I always took it as metaphorical like: goddamn, shit the bed (aka oops, I fucked up)
Old 07-07-2008, 05:23 AM   #7
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
I always took it as metaphorical like: goddamn, shit the bed (aka oops, I fucked up)
07-07-2008, 08:04 AM

That's the beauty of good lyrics, there's always a double or even triple entendre. Most of tools lyrics, i think, are meant to be taken a little literally, and mostly figuratively as a metaphor. Just like in stairway to heaven, cause you know sometimes words have two meanings, is a clue that the song is referential to other things...
Old 07-07-2008, 08:04 AM   #8
On Probation

That's the beauty of good lyrics, there's always a double or even triple entendre. Most of tools lyrics, i think, are meant to be taken a little literally, and mostly figuratively as a metaphor. Just like in stairway to heaven, cause you know sometimes words have two meanings, is a clue that the song is referential to other things...
07-07-2008, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Agreed
Old 07-07-2008, 08:05 AM   #9
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Agreed
07-08-2008, 05:23 AM

I always thought "shit the bed" referred to the bed in the psychiatric hospital. And the clown definitely says a lot of weird shit in that movie... I've just ever heard that particular expression before.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:23 AM   #10
Level 8 - Vociferous

I always thought "shit the bed" referred to the bed in the psychiatric hospital. And the clown definitely says a lot of weird shit in that movie... I've just ever heard that particular expression before.
07-08-2008, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Haven't seen that movie in quite a long time, very disturbing indeed. But even in the movie he uses it metaphorically if I recally correctly.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:33 AM   #11
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Haven't seen that movie in quite a long time, very disturbing indeed. But even in the movie he uses it metaphorically if I recally correctly.
07-08-2008, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
i agree. it's a great expression.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:38 AM   #12
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 20

Quote:
i agree. it's a great expression.
Kody27
07-08-2008, 09:42 AM

Quote:
How can you tell if he's using it metaphorically or not? I mean sure he's not literally telling him to shit a bed, but he's not tying some figurative lesson to it either. He's just saying "Well, damn!"
As for Maynard, "can't remember what they said god damn shit the bed" is most likely, IMO a confused abductee. Or a confused person on lots of acid in a hospital thinking he's in an alien spaceship, but I think the former is more likely than the latter.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:42 AM   #13
On Probation

Quote:
How can you tell if he's using it metaphorically or not? I mean sure he's not literally telling him to shit a bed, but he's not tying some figurative lesson to it either. He's just saying "Well, damn!"
As for Maynard, "can't remember what they said god damn shit the bed" is most likely, IMO a confused abductee. Or a confused person on lots of acid in a hospital thinking he's in an alien spaceship, but I think the former is more likely than the latter.
07-08-2008, 09:48 AM

Quote:
I do believe you're arguing a point that I was agreeing with.

Again, the phrase "goddamn, shit the bed" is basically just saying "damn, I fucked up"
Old 07-08-2008, 09:48 AM   #14
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
I do believe you're arguing a point that I was agreeing with.

Again, the phrase "goddamn, shit the bed" is basically just saying "damn, I fucked up"
07-08-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
yup
Old 07-08-2008, 06:15 PM   #15
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 483

Quote:
yup

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply