Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
One Dark Flame's Avatar One Dark Flame
04-21-2008, 11:01 PM

1. "According to an exclusive Toolarmy post:

Good things are coming… Be patient… Don’t speculate… Good things are coming… Just relax…

The post is accompanied by a picture take by Camella of a couple of deck-chairs on the beach, possibly sometime around sunset. I have no idea what this means. Should I or shouldn’t I speculate…."

2. "According to Adrian on Toolarmy, a special issue of Revolver will be dedicated to Tool (Blair wasn’t bullshitting!). The issue, out on the 6th of May will contain interviews, unseen pictures, sketches, video storyboards from Adam, and other stuff most likely related to Tool.

No idea on whether it talks about Tool recording again, but should be worth the read."

Discuss...Any idea on what in the living fuck the first post could be hinting at?

I know some people were already talking about this in a different thread, but I thought it deserved it's own thread. Just in case other people missed it, as it was kinda buried.
"DECEMBERUNDERGROUND is a time and a place. It is where the cold can huddle together in darkness and isolation. It is a community of those detached and disillusioned who flee to love, like winter, in the recesses below the rest of the world."
-DXH

Last edited by One Dark Flame; 04-21-2008 at 11:04 PM..
Old 04-21-2008, 11:01 PM   #1
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Bincount™: 362
A couple of posts from fourtheye

1. "According to an exclusive Toolarmy post:

Good things are coming… Be patient… Don’t speculate… Good things are coming… Just relax…

The post is accompanied by a picture take by Camella of a couple of deck-chairs on the beach, possibly sometime around sunset. I have no idea what this means. Should I or shouldn’t I speculate…."

2. "According to Adrian on Toolarmy, a special issue of Revolver will be dedicated to Tool (Blair wasn’t bullshitting!). The issue, out on the 6th of May will contain interviews, unseen pictures, sketches, video storyboards from Adam, and other stuff most likely related to Tool.

No idea on whether it talks about Tool recording again, but should be worth the read."

Discuss...Any idea on what in the living fuck the first post could be hinting at?

I know some people were already talking about this in a different thread, but I thought it deserved it's own thread. Just in case other people missed it, as it was kinda buried.
"DECEMBERUNDERGROUND is a time and a place. It is where the cold can huddle together in darkness and isolation. It is a community of those detached and disillusioned who flee to love, like winter, in the recesses below the rest of the world."
-DXH

Last edited by One Dark Flame; 04-21-2008 at 11:04 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Yast3r's Avatar Yast3r
04-22-2008, 04:04 AM

That will be the first Revolver magazine I have bought in a long time.

At first I thought of The Pot dvd, but I don't see why it'd get so much hype seeing as it is the most overplayed song from 10,000 Days. So then I got to thinking after a tedious few months of trying to find the Salival DVD... Possibly a new "Salival"-like album to be released?
Old 04-22-2008, 04:04 AM   #2
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 480
Re: A couple of posts from fourtheye

At first I thought of The Pot dvd, but I don't see why it'd get so much hype seeing as it is the most overplayed song from 10,000 Days. So then I got to thinking after a tedious few months of trying to find the Salival DVD... Possibly a new "Salival"-like album to be released?
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
04-22-2008, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yast3r View Post

Now there's a thought. Either way I think the message is pretty self explanatory.."chill the fuck out, we just gave you an album 1yr ago, you'll get something new in due time..peace"
Old 04-22-2008, 05:53 AM   #3
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yast3r View Post

Now there's a thought. Either way I think the message is pretty self explanatory.."chill the fuck out, we just gave you an album 1yr ago, you'll get something new in due time..peace"
04-22-2008, 06:11 AM

Don't speculate...
Old 04-22-2008, 06:11 AM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 0

Don't speculate...
04-22-2008, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjamison27 View Post
Don't speculate...
=-P
Old 04-22-2008, 08:01 AM   #5
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Don't speculate...
=-P
04-22-2008, 10:03 AM

Not speculating... just wishful thinking.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:03 AM   #6
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 480

Not speculating... just wishful thinking.
04-23-2008, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
2 Years ago. And we do know that the four of them were suppose to get back together this month.
-DXH
Old 04-23-2008, 11:48 AM   #7
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Quote:
2 Years ago. And we do know that the four of them were suppose to get back together this month.
-DXH
gjamison27's Avatar gjamison27
04-23-2008, 12:06 PM

Stating possibilities is speculating...wishfully thinking is done in silence to ones self...

2 years? You want something new after 2 years? Is anyone paying attention?

How do we know when they were supposed to get together?
Old 04-23-2008, 12:06 PM   #8
Level 8 - Vociferous

Stating possibilities is speculating...wishfully thinking is done in silence to ones self...

04-23-2008, 01:35 PM

Maybe it's more simple than you think, a picture of empty chairs on the beach? Well no one is sitting in them, so I guess that means vacation's over. They're not on the beach anymore, maybe it means they're back to work, in the studio. MERE SPECULATION!
Old 04-23-2008, 01:35 PM   #9
On Probation

Bincount™: 7

Maybe it's more simple than you think, a picture of empty chairs on the beach? Well no one is sitting in them, so I guess that means vacation's over. They're not on the beach anymore, maybe it means they're back to work, in the studio. MERE SPECULATION!
blake_bergeron
04-23-2008, 02:15 PM

maybe the "be patient" is relative to meditation... as is the water ebbing and flowing on the shore... as are the beach chairs... the sand... the sky... the clouds... all doing their own thing... anyone impatient for a new tool album needs to chill... because they have a habit of waiting at least 5 years between albums...
Old 04-23-2008, 02:15 PM   #10

Bincount™: 58

maybe the "be patient" is relative to meditation... as is the water ebbing and flowing on the shore... as are the beach chairs... the sand... the sky... the clouds... all doing their own thing... anyone impatient for a new tool album needs to chill... because they have a habit of waiting at least 5 years between albums...
Kody27
04-23-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake_bergeron View Post
They don't "wait" 5 years between albums on purpose, it's just how their career is flowing, they tour for an album for 2 years, they had lawsuits in between albums, not to mention all the side projects that the other members do. I think they're cracking down on some new material this year, or some new project in general maybe not even album or music related, like adam said about a surrealistic movie and soundtrack. Tool knows how to make badass albums by now so I think they're gonna continue to do so while they're still young...
Old 04-23-2008, 05:05 PM   #11
On Probation

Bincount™: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake_bergeron View Post
They don't "wait" 5 years between albums on purpose, it's just how their career is flowing, they tour for an album for 2 years, they had lawsuits in between albums, not to mention all the side projects that the other members do. I think they're cracking down on some new material this year, or some new project in general maybe not even album or music related, like adam said about a surrealistic movie and soundtrack. Tool knows how to make badass albums by now so I think they're gonna continue to do so while they're still young...
blake_bergeron
04-24-2008, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kody27 View Post
yeah, yeah... i know all of that... i was simply stating that if people are getting impatient after only 2 years, that they need to chill out... no disrespect to tool... or you...
Old 04-24-2008, 05:43 AM   #12

Quote:
yeah, yeah... i know all of that... i was simply stating that if people are getting impatient after only 2 years, that they need to chill out... no disrespect to tool... or you...
gjamison27's Avatar gjamison27
04-24-2008, 06:37 AM

Uh...they're not young anymore...definitely four old farts...

Don't speculate...
Old 04-24-2008, 06:37 AM   #13
Level 8 - Vociferous

Don't speculate...
04-24-2008, 07:19 AM

Quote:

Don't speculate...
4 degrees of old farts... some bigger and some smaller... danny, definitely the biggest... maynard, definitely the smallest... justin and adam... somewhere in between...
Old 04-24-2008, 07:19 AM   #14

Quote:

Don't speculate...
4 degrees of old farts... some bigger and some smaller... danny, definitely the biggest... maynard, definitely the smallest... justin and adam... somewhere in between...
04-24-2008, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Maybe it means one of those seats are for me and the other three are for some hot ass latinas with a ice bucket filled with coronas and limes .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........ah yes, such a blissful thought
Old 04-24-2008, 09:43 AM   #15
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Maybe it means one of those seats are for me and the other three are for some hot ass latinas with a ice bucket filled with coronas and limes .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........ah yes, such a blissful thought
04-24-2008, 09:55 AM

Quote:
it could very well mean that... that's the most physically pleasing anyway : )
Old 04-24-2008, 09:55 AM   #16

Quote:
it could very well mean that... that's the most physically pleasing anyway : )
04-24-2008, 09:57 AM

I need a fucking vacation
Old 04-24-2008, 09:57 AM   #17
Level 12 - Scurrilous

04-24-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
i haven't been on vacation in about 3.5 years... i know it sucks... i want to go to the beach...
Old 04-24-2008, 10:15 AM   #18

Quote:
i haven't been on vacation in about 3.5 years... i know it sucks... i want to go to the beach...
04-24-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:

Not after two years, but I wouldn't mind if they got another album out by late 09' which would mean they would be starting on it like now.

And I believe after one of Danny's VOLTO! concerts or another show he did, someone asked him when he was getting back together with the guys from TooL and he said April. No on was sure if that meant to tour or to work on another album, but since I haven't heard anything about tour dates I'm hoping it's the latter.

Also, I believe Justin said that they would take "6 months to a year off" and then get back together to work on the new album. The tour ended in December so late April early May would be about right.
-DXH
Old 04-24-2008, 10:53 AM   #19
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Quote:

Not after two years, but I wouldn't mind if they got another album out by late 09' which would mean they would be starting on it like now.

And I believe after one of Danny's VOLTO! concerts or another show he did, someone asked him when he was getting back together with the guys from TooL and he said April. No on was sure if that meant to tour or to work on another album, but since I haven't heard anything about tour dates I'm hoping it's the latter.

Also, I believe Justin said that they would take "6 months to a year off" and then get back together to work on the new album. The tour ended in December so late April early May would be about right.
-DXH
#Notion's Avatar #Notion
05-03-2008, 06:52 PM

we'll see

not enough info for a concrete thought
Old 05-03-2008, 06:52 PM   #20
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 18

we'll see

not enough info for a concrete thought