opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: May-July 2006
User Name
Password
Old 05-16-2006, 07:40 PM   #81
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/11 - Kansas City, MO - Memorial Hall

Man, its been almost a week since the show and I still can't get over how incredible danny is live. He is incredible, he makes drumming look so easy. I have seen alot of great drummers live, but NOBODY as good as him.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:16 PM   #82
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sckb6b
Man, its been almost a week since the show and I still can't get over how incredible danny is live. He is incredible, he makes drumming look so easy. I have seen alot of great drummers live, but NOBODY as good as him.

Amen brotha..... I wish someone had an audio recording of the show. I want to hear this show again.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2006, 01:36 AM   #83
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicetooljam
The lil third eye that yall are referring to on the drum sticks is the "eye of horus".

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=eye+of+horus

I talked to a guy with a cracked drum stick he had caught and seen one up close. This was outside after the show waiting to see if any of the band members would come out. Was this one of you? I also travelled from Tulsa, OK.
I think I may have talked to you... I def met the guy with the cracked drumstick, lucky bastard. I was wearing a beatup yankees hat and a blue shirt....

And yeah, man, I still can't get over the show. I wish I could go back. Do any of you know if anyone got some decent pics? I got some pics from the balcony with my phone, but they're pretty terrible. You can barely make out the band in most of em...

Announce the fall schedule goddamnit....

Last edited by MemphisM; 05-17-2006 at 01:41 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2006, 01:58 PM   #84
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Here is a synopsis of my mecca to Memorial Hall where I saw Tool in 1996. This show was basically a b-day present for myself (May 3) and sister (May 16).

Flew into KC from Denver Wednesday night and drove to Lawrence to stay with mom. A brief stop at FreeState Brewery occured on the way to mothers house.

Woke up Thursday feeling refreshed and a distinct feeling of anxiety for the show later that night. Dropped by KU to see some former profs and pick up a new KU t-shirt. We headed to KC later that afternoon with a brief stop at my mother-in-law for a couple glasses of vino. Headed to River Market Brewery for some brew and viddles prior to the show. After paying for dinner, me and the sis hustled on out to Memorial Hall. Drove by Memorial Hall and nearly ran into the 98.9 ambulance in front as it did some u-turn! Saw the long line bending toward the west from the front and decided to find a spot that was not ridicuously far away. I could not believe that I was going to see Tool again in Memorial but damn it was a great feeling. We waiting in line for only 20 minutes or so before going in Memorial where I grabbed a t-shirt and beer and found a seat in the upper balcony. My sister left to grab another round since the beer stands closed at 8:45 ! She came back right when Rossetta began. So much energy in the building that night that I have not seen since they played in Red Rocks in 2001.

We headed back to Lawrence and met some other show goers at Replay on Mass. St. and spend a few hours talking about the show. One guy wore a t-shirt from the show and got a lot comments on what a kick-ass show it must have been which it definitely was.

I was really hoping to hear Wings/10k days but I really cannot complain.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: