opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » 05. Schism
User Name
Password
Old 12-02-2002, 02:36 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Young couple

Schism makes me think of a young couple just started living togheter. They've been dating for a while and they were always able to talk about everything - there was always communication.

Now they life together and see each other so much that they dont know anymore what to talk about - there's still talking, but it's not really communication anymore.

They still love each other a lot, but they feel that something's going wrong - but they're hopeful that everything will be fine one day .. .

"i know the pieces fit cos i watched them fall away"
-> the relationship used to be good, they used to feel like if they were one person. But that feeling of "being 1" is gone at the moment - but they're still hopeful cos they know that it's possible for them to be one
(this part could be derived from a physical mechanic paradigm if i'm not wrong)
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 09:29 AM   #2
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
okay but..........

So you think that Schism is about a couple...Thats cool I agree but I don't belive they're still together. I think the true meaning of the word SCHISM is the Seperate here is the true meaning of the word according to Dictionary.com

Schism: a separation, an alienation causing divisions among Christians, who ought to be united

or

Schism: division of a group into opposing factions.

So I too belive the couple were meant to be but some outside force/action or event made it (the realationship) unwanted buy the couple.
"none to blame it doesn't mean I don't desire to
Point the finger, blame the other, watch the temple topple over." They don't know who to balme you know. I'm not sure if that makes sense but thats my opinion.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 03:19 AM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
So what happens when your true self and the person you want to be seen as can no longer be reconciled as one person? What happens when you can't love yourself? What happens when that kills your ability to care about anything? Is this when we stop loving life? Is this when we decide to stop living? And when we don't even care about ourselves anymore, what's to make us want to reconcile these 2 parts of who we are?

And I get this just from the first verse...

So when You have no one to blame but yourself, but you still NEED to blame somebody, maybe right about then you hit bottom. Maybe You finally decide to make it right. But how?

And then it finally dawns on you that the differences are what make you uniquely you... an imperfect, wonderful inividual, strong in spite of your flaws.

And you wanted them to like you, when it's really only important that YOU like you. And to think! You hated yourself just because you didn't see that you were good enough for them to like, imperfect as you are.

And now that you can finally look honestly at yourself, it's not so hard to care about yourself, is it?

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: