opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Aug-Oct 2006
User Name
Password
Old 05-26-2006, 10:44 AM   #1
Stealth Bomber

Bincount™: 37
2006/08/15 - Seoul, KOR - Olympic Main Stadium

SETLIST --

Stinkfist
The Pot
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Sober
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!

"Does this person ever post or is he a waste of space?" - fuckBrokers
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-16-2006, 01:26 AM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/08/15 - Seoul, KOR - Olympic Main Stadium

I was there yesterday. And I am rather beamingly happy today.

Setlist:

Stinkfist
The Pot
46 & 2
Jambi
Schism
Sober
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenima

I might have gotten the order a little mixed up since the notes I took on my ticket stub are currently not with me. The show was great, this is my first time to see Tool. Highlights were, for me at least, an inspired Sober and Aenima. I was ofcourse very happy to hear 46 & 2 and Lateralus. Shame it was so short though. They were opening for Metalica and only played for just over an hour. The crowd was rather responsive for being mainly made up of oblivious South Koreans (as in oblivious to Tool of course). Maynard said something about this being the first time in South Korea and appreciating the warm welcome. It was extremely hot and humid. Overall, a highly satisfying experience. Hopefully many more to come for me!
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-17-2006, 01:24 AM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

They most certainly did not play Rosetta Stoned. Some interesting details: Maynard mocking the crowds "rock n roll" attitude by flashing the rock sign with his hand and drawing it out sarcastically on several occasions. On "The Pot" Justins bass effect was fucked for the solo. Therefore we only got to hear the very end of it. The last few notes that is. Most of the crowd had no idea what was going on. I was the only one who actually knew the songs and responded.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-17-2006, 11:25 PM   #4
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1150

I was at the show, pretty good IMO.
Metallica seemed pretty longwinded though, I ended up leaving about an hour into their set. what was really weird about the Metallica set was that it seemed that almost all of the koreans there knew EVERY word to Metallica songs I didn't even know.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: