Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 02. Jambi
User Name
Password
masked
03-12-2010, 12:55 AM

Anyone think this could somehow be a reference to Mountain View California or even Google itself with the metaphysically significant road address of 1111?
Old 03-12-2010, 12:55 AM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Mountain View California

Anyone think this could somehow be a reference to Mountain View California or even Google itself with the metaphysically significant road address of 1111?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
hushypushy's Avatar hushypushy
03-12-2010, 01:46 AM

I live about 30 minutes from Mountain View. and uh...there's nothing there that really relates to the song. At least, not much more than the movie From Dusk Til Dawn or the Pink Floyd song Shine On You Crazy Diamond...you see where I'm going with this? You can make some sort of connection with Silicon Valley, and then about the riches in California, and poof, some sort of connection with sultans and treasure. But IMO that's stretching it a lot. "Mountain view" just happen to be words in the song.

Also, Google's address is 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, I'm not sure where you got the 1111 from.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:46 AM   #2
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988
Re: Mountain View California

I live about 30 minutes from Mountain View. and uh...there's nothing there that really relates to the song. At least, not much more than the movie From Dusk Til Dawn or the Pink Floyd song Shine On You Crazy Diamond...you see where I'm going with this? You can make some sort of connection with Silicon Valley, and then about the riches in California, and poof, some sort of connection with sultans and treasure. But IMO that's stretching it a lot. "Mountain view" just happen to be words in the song.

Also, Google's address is 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, I'm not sure where you got the 1111 from.
08-04-2010, 07:42 PM

The Mountain View thing could be a reference to the notion that the future has finally been caught up to. If the next words, "Here from the wild dream come true" are interpreted as someone's vision of the future, perhaps the fact that Google's headquarters is located in Mountain View could somehow be related. Just a thought.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:42 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

The Mountain View thing could be a reference to the notion that the future has finally been caught up to. If the next words, "Here from the wild dream come true" are interpreted as someone's vision of the future, perhaps the fact that Google's headquarters is located in Mountain View could somehow be related. Just a thought.
infinitee's Avatar infinitee
08-05-2010, 09:05 AM

NO NO NO NO NO NO!!

jesus christ
Old 08-05-2010, 09:05 AM   #4
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1385

NO NO NO NO NO NO!!

jesus christ
08-05-2010, 09:11 AM

hey, this is the opinion section. Don't eschew the "ridiculous" opinions. At least not without your own counter-opinion ("No" is not an opinion).

I wonder what Maynard thinks of Mountain View. He's certainly been there...Tool has played there three times.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:11 AM   #5
Level 11 - Clamorous

hey, this is the opinion section. Don't eschew the "ridiculous" opinions. At least not without your own counter-opinion ("No" is not an opinion).

I wonder what Maynard thinks of Mountain View. He's certainly been there...Tool has played there three times.
08-05-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hushypushy View Post

lol, yes yes, feed the fools with lies and false hope to feed their precious little egos.

My momma told me it was ok if I thought the moon was made of cheese because she still loves me no matter stupid I am.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:18 AM   #6
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:

lol, yes yes, feed the fools with lies and false hope to feed their precious little egos.

My momma told me it was ok if I thought the moon was made of cheese because she still loves me no matter stupid I am.
08-05-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:

It's not that they're ridiculous, it's just that I don't see why people continue to look so deep into these songs so long after they were released.

I mean, yeah, I still think from time to time, 'This could mean this,' etc. But it has to stop somewhere.

I'm just too cynical, I suppose
Old 08-05-2010, 12:45 PM   #7
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

It's not that they're ridiculous, it's just that I don't see why people continue to look so deep into these songs so long after they were released.

I mean, yeah, I still think from time to time, 'This could mean this,' etc. But it has to stop somewhere.

Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
08-05-2010, 01:21 PM

Yeah, my post was a bit sarcastic as well but I agree, there's a certain point where you go past a decent half ass theory to ponder where you fall into the realm of needing medication or a straight jacket, depending on the severity of course.

Yeah, I'm a bit of a cynic myself I suppose, no offense meant.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:21 PM   #8
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Yeah, my post was a bit sarcastic as well but I agree, there's a certain point where you go past a decent half ass theory to ponder where you fall into the realm of needing medication or a straight jacket, depending on the severity of course.

Yeah, I'm a bit of a cynic myself I suppose, no offense meant.
08-05-2010, 01:58 PM

jambi is the genie from the peewee show, and a genie can make any wish come true...

mukaluka hi
Old 08-05-2010, 01:58 PM   #9
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 1841

jambi is the genie from the peewee show, and a genie can make any wish come true...

mukaluka hi
08-05-2010, 04:57 PM

it made me laugh, inner
Old 08-05-2010, 04:57 PM   #10
Level 9 - Obstreperous

it made me laugh, inner
08-05-2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitee View Post

What the hell? So there's an official time limit on how long you can analyze stuff? We should just close down the entire Albums section of the forum, then.

What if someone just bought 10,000 Days last week? Some of us have been listening to the album before it came out. But I've actually talked to two people in the last year--and I'm not making this up--that said "Tool? yeah, they're pretty cool. I haven't heard their new album though."
Old 08-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #11
Level 11 - Clamorous

Quote:

What the hell? So there's an official time limit on how long you can analyze stuff? We should just close down the entire Albums section of the forum, then.

What if someone just bought 10,000 Days last week? Some of us have been listening to the album before it came out. But I've actually talked to two people in the last year--and I'm not making this up--that said "Tool? yeah, they're pretty cool. I haven't heard their new album though."
08-05-2010, 06:15 PM

Okay, well you've got a point. I'll take back the first part, but I'm standing by my second point.

oh, and my third
Old 08-05-2010, 06:15 PM   #12
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Okay, well you've got a point. I'll take back the first part, but I'm standing by my second point.

oh, and my third
Roopey's Avatar Roopey
08-30-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
NO NO NO NO NO NO!!

jesus christ
Seconded.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:05 PM   #13
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
NO NO NO NO NO NO!!

jesus christ
Seconded.
Convoy_X's Avatar Convoy_X
09-21-2010, 02:38 AM

I think I read MKJ as saying somewhere that he wanted people to looking to his word and find inspiration...

I don't think that he wanted you to post on the internet but it's something. Masked maybe you could write a short story of something.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:38 AM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 18

I think I read MKJ as saying somewhere that he wanted people to looking to his word and find inspiration...

I don't think that he wanted you to post on the internet but it's something. Masked maybe you could write a short story of something.
corps d'allumen's Avatar corps d'allumen
09-21-2010, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
My Mama says that alligators are ornery because they got all them teeth and no toothbrush.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:57 AM   #15
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
My Mama says that alligators are ornery because they got all them teeth and no toothbrush.
09-21-2010, 07:48 AM

Quote:
They should just close down the entire Albums section of the forum.
I wholly agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hushypushy
OMG you're not making that up?! I don't even know what this means. Why should I or anyone care about that?

It's a safe bet that all reasonable (and unreasonable) things have already been said about any song on any album. Oh hey there's a Mountain View, CA AR TX AZ MI NH, etc. Oh hey Tool has played in all those states, etc. Stop making shit up, seriously.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:48 AM   #16
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
They should just close down the entire Albums section of the forum.
I wholly agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hushypushy
OMG you're not making that up?! I don't even know what this means. Why should I or anyone care about that?

It's a safe bet that all reasonable (and unreasonable) things have already been said about any song on any album. Oh hey there's a Mountain View, CA AR TX AZ MI NH, etc. Oh hey Tool has played in all those states, etc. Stop making shit up, seriously.
09-21-2010, 07:49 AM

Quote:
NO NO NO NO NO NO!!

jesus christ
THIS.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:49 AM   #17
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
NO NO NO NO NO NO!!

jesus christ
THIS.
09-21-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corps d'allumen View Post
Old 09-21-2010, 12:41 PM   #18
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by corps d'allumen View Post

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply