opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Opiate » 3. Part of Me
User Name
Password
Old 07-22-2005, 10:28 AM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
what????

Man, I thought when Maynard says "you are just a part of me" that it was self-explanatory. "You" is a part of Maynard, something inside, NOT OUTSIDE (as in another person. Apparently it isn't as obvious as I thought. I mean, in Tool songs, "you" often signifies a part of the inside. But in this song he comes straight out and says it - you are just a part of me! Sometimes I think people read too much into a lyric and miss what is right there in black and white. You is definitely a part of Maynard in this one.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 09:33 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 31
Re: what????

thanks for clearing that mess up. really, thanks...
riddle me this. once i was prominently displayed for all to see . I made many a man question his true desires. now however i am most likely packed away. However i could be a nice money maker for those who love to squeeze fake things. who or what am I?
Old 07-27-2005, 05:23 AM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0

I guess that was sarcastic but I don't understand why. Especially if you read the above posts.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:42 PM   #4
Banned.

Bincount™: 24

I don't know, it's kind vauge when you look at it.
"You are just a part of me." Hell, I could say that to/about a girl, a tool, a weapon, an emotion, a part of the body, etc. "I know you better than I know myself." Again, this could apply to all the above. So instead of saying it's "self explainitory", it may be to you, but other people see it differently. Personally, I thought it was about another person.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: