Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Rock & Roll
User Name
Password
WideOpenEye
05-12-2005, 10:41 AM

Ok, I got this VST plug-in and I'm trying to record with it, or at least play with it. Question is do I really need a Midi input to work it ? Cause I don't have a midi input.

If I don't then how do I get it to work in cubase SX ? Do I need Cubase VST 5 ?

Thanx for the help
Old 05-12-2005, 10:41 AM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2
Amplitube

Ok, I got this VST plug-in and I'm trying to record with it, or at least play with it. Question is do I really need a Midi input to work it ? Cause I don't have a midi input.

If I don't then how do I get it to work in cubase SX ? Do I need Cubase VST 5 ?

Thanx for the help
05-12-2005, 11:17 AM

MIDI has nothing to do with it. I don't know if this is exactly how it goes in Cubase, but I assume so. First, insert an auxillary bus. Make that bus' output be to the main bus. Insert an instance of Amplitube on that bus. Add an audio track and route it to that auxillary bus. Arm that track for recording. If you've got input monitoring turned on, then it should be working.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:17 AM   #2
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 211
Re: Amplitube

MIDI has nothing to do with it. I don't know if this is exactly how it goes in Cubase, but I assume so. First, insert an auxillary bus. Make that bus' output be to the main bus. Insert an instance of Amplitube on that bus. Add an audio track and route it to that auxillary bus. Arm that track for recording. If you've got input monitoring turned on, then it should be working.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply