Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Rock & Roll
User Name
Password
UncomfortablyNumb
08-19-2004, 09:22 PM

Hey guys, im new here as a poster so I though I might start off by posting a cover. Anyways, I felt really bored today so I decided to mess around and record myself playing Lateralus. I must warn you though, this is a one shot recording, has no wah effects in the solo like it should, and I HAVE NO REAL RECORDING EQUIPMENT! Enjoy though...

BTW- You really need to turn up ur volume, and I made a few slight mistakes.

http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/jt0/lateralus.mp3
Old 08-19-2004, 09:22 PM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 1
Listen to me playing Lateralus!

Hey guys, im new here as a poster so I though I might start off by posting a cover. Anyways, I felt really bored today so I decided to mess around and record myself playing Lateralus. I must warn you though, this is a one shot recording, has no wah effects in the solo like it should, and I HAVE NO REAL RECORDING EQUIPMENT! Enjoy though...

BTW- You really need to turn up ur volume, and I made a few slight mistakes.

http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/jt0/lateralus.mp3
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Ronch
08-19-2004, 09:36 PM

hey that's pretty fucken good ..

cheers.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:36 PM   #2
Banned.

Bincount™: 695
Re: Listen to me playing Lateralus!

hey that's pretty fucken good ..

cheers.
Harold's Avatar Harold
08-19-2004, 09:56 PM

yeh, quite good...
Old 08-19-2004, 09:56 PM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 62

yeh, quite good...
Ronch
08-19-2004, 10:24 PM

I forget where it was and can't be fucked looking for it, but you should prop that up and submit it into the post that was about covering a tool song and people were posting their solo parts to be put together later.

Just don't get teamed up with whoever the fucken idiot was that put out the bass part for schism. A druken involuntary bowel release would have produced better shit than that.

But cheers to you UncomfortablyNumb, nice work.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:24 PM   #4
Banned.

I forget where it was and can't be fucked looking for it, but you should prop that up and submit it into the post that was about covering a tool song and people were posting their solo parts to be put together later.

Just don't get teamed up with whoever the fucken idiot was that put out the bass part for schism. A druken involuntary bowel release would have produced better shit than that.

UncomfortablyNumb
08-20-2004, 07:04 AM

Hey thanks for the feedback. By the way, do you know any free programs other than sound recorder to record shit?
Old 08-20-2004, 07:04 AM   #5
Level 3 - Talker

Hey thanks for the feedback. By the way, do you know any free programs other than sound recorder to record shit?
IC's Avatar IC
08-20-2004, 07:08 AM

audacity

hey man look a thread or two down. A few tdners and I are doing a project of tool covers, either trying to do the exact cover or redoing some tool songs. Post in there; alot of people were talking about doing a lateralis one.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:08 AM   #6
IC
resident flamer

Bincount™: 575

audacity

hey man look a thread or two down. A few tdners and I are doing a project of tool covers, either trying to do the exact cover or redoing some tool songs. Post in there; alot of people were talking about doing a lateralis one.
08-20-2004, 07:13 AM

Yeah, I just posted :)
Old 08-20-2004, 07:13 AM   #7
Level 3 - Talker

Yeah, I just posted :)
UncomfortablyNumb
08-20-2004, 08:50 AM

Try this...

http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/88/index.html

(you might have to copy and paste)
Old 08-20-2004, 08:50 AM   #8
Level 3 - Talker

Try this...

http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/88/index.html

(you might have to copy and paste)
holy reality's Avatar holy reality
08-22-2004, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronch

??

wtf no one has put up a bass track for schism to my knowledge.....

as for the lateralus clip you should put some delay on the intro........ umm... the solos they seem like they have wah but it's not being picked up due to the crappy recording, but they certainly need lots of wah if you have access to a pedal.
www.angelfire.com/hiphop3/holyreality1 (go here for an example of what i mean of the delay intro, it should be a bit more subtle than i have it though, hard to dial in with the controls I have)

you should go into discussion and see diogenes thread about recording, you can get a cheap setup to give you WAY BETTER results than that, possibly as cheap as $4 and some software piracy.
http://toolshed.down.net/opinion/for...ad.php?t=21791

and the clip was pretty good.... but hard to judge with the quality it has.

Last edited by holy reality; 08-22-2004 at 11:27 AM..
Old 08-22-2004, 11:11 AM   #9
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 1129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronch

??

wtf no one has put up a bass track for schism to my knowledge.....

as for the lateralus clip you should put some delay on the intro........ umm... the solos they seem like they have wah but it's not being picked up due to the crappy recording, but they certainly need lots of wah if you have access to a pedal.
www.angelfire.com/hiphop3/holyreality1 (go here for an example of what i mean of the delay intro, it should be a bit more subtle than i have it though, hard to dial in with the controls I have)

you should go into discussion and see diogenes thread about recording, you can get a cheap setup to give you WAY BETTER results than that, possibly as cheap as $4 and some software piracy.
http://toolshed.down.net/opinion/for...ad.php?t=21791

and the clip was pretty good.... but hard to judge with the quality it has.

Last edited by holy reality; 08-22-2004 at 11:27 AM..
UncomfortablyNumb
08-22-2004, 01:57 PM

Old 08-22-2004, 01:57 PM   #10
Level 3 - Talker

UncomfortablyNumb
08-22-2004, 02:01 PM

Man HR...if only i had a wah, i could have made it soo much better, maybe! Anyway, I didnt too much delay cuz I broke my footswitch and I didnt wanna have to scramble the effects on my amp to fix it for the rest of the song. Also, I seen a few videos of Adam playing the intro wit little or no delay, it also seemed quite distorted. Thanks also for the link to that thread.
Old 08-22-2004, 02:01 PM   #11
Level 3 - Talker

Man HR...if only i had a wah, i could have made it soo much better, maybe! Anyway, I didnt too much delay cuz I broke my footswitch and I didnt wanna have to scramble the effects on my amp to fix it for the rest of the song. Also, I seen a few videos of Adam playing the intro wit little or no delay, it also seemed quite distorted. Thanks also for the link to that thread.
08-23-2004, 12:56 PM

i'm not sure about delay live but yes he has it distorted.

i prefer delay to it, it just sounds so deep and cool.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:56 PM   #12

i'm not sure about delay live but yes he has it distorted.

i prefer delay to it, it just sounds so deep and cool.
Ronch
08-23-2004, 05:03 PM

And yes Holy, there was a bass track for schism, it was up about a month ago, though I don't see it there anymore (?) - Either way, it was pretty ordinary.

I remember the poster using the excuse that they were using no pedals, their bass didn't have active eq, and there was bad sound quality on the recording.

But apart from that, the fret buzz was herendous, the triplets were muddled and it altogether sounded pretty off ...

If I could be bothered, and if I had anything to record on, and if I was nerdly knowledgeable in the art of posting mp3's online, I'd record it for you myself ... but unfortunately, I have no recording gear, and I have zero idea how to post stuff like that.
Old 08-23-2004, 05:03 PM   #13
Banned.

And yes Holy, there was a bass track for schism, it was up about a month ago, though I don't see it there anymore (?) - Either way, it was pretty ordinary.

I remember the poster using the excuse that they were using no pedals, their bass didn't have active eq, and there was bad sound quality on the recording.

But apart from that, the fret buzz was herendous, the triplets were muddled and it altogether sounded pretty off ...

If I could be bothered, and if I had anything to record on, and if I was nerdly knowledgeable in the art of posting mp3's online, I'd record it for you myself ... but unfortunately, I have no recording gear, and I have zero idea how to post stuff like that.
08-24-2004, 04:32 PM

hmm.. i'll take your word on it.

well sometimes fret buzz can add character to a sound.. but it shouldn't be heard much....

for guitar anyway.

god i fucking love my wah pedal, it feedbacks instantly (which is not always good for the ears) like you hear in triad, and i combine that with a neck pick up and hit some drop d chords and sweep it in the right places and it just breaks up like insane and makes all this awesome vibration..... damn... sweet stuff.

the recordings don't do it justice, they take the life out of it... though.
Old 08-24-2004, 04:32 PM   #14

hmm.. i'll take your word on it.

well sometimes fret buzz can add character to a sound.. but it shouldn't be heard much....

for guitar anyway.

god i fucking love my wah pedal, it feedbacks instantly (which is not always good for the ears) like you hear in triad, and i combine that with a neck pick up and hit some drop d chords and sweep it in the right places and it just breaks up like insane and makes all this awesome vibration..... damn... sweet stuff.

the recordings don't do it justice, they take the life out of it... though.
deviatedwolf625's Avatar deviatedwolf625
08-24-2004, 06:28 PM

you're doing a line-in out of your amp or whatever right, HR?

Proud sponser of greenfever, Red Eye Jedi and amanda_lynn. They're mine, unless you've got 20$.

Last edited by deviatedwolf625; 08-24-2004 at 06:32 PM..
Old 08-24-2004, 06:28 PM   #15
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 230

Proud sponser of greenfever, Red Eye Jedi and amanda_lynn. They're mine, unless you've got 20$.

Last edited by deviatedwolf625; 08-24-2004 at 06:32 PM..
08-24-2004, 06:30 PM

I like. You SERIOUSLY need to add some amplification to the recording though.

Dudes, I love playing lateralus. The only part I don't know is during the fill, right after the verse. But I love it nonetheless. And you do it justice.

I have no fucking clue what you're talking about. The solo sounds awesome to my bass playing ears.

What are you recording with, setup-wise?

Old 08-24-2004, 06:30 PM   #16
Level 9 - Obstreperous

I like. You SERIOUSLY need to add some amplification to the recording though.

Dudes, I love playing lateralus. The only part I don't know is during the fill, right after the verse. But I love it nonetheless. And you do it justice.

I have no fucking clue what you're talking about. The solo sounds awesome to my bass playing ears.

What are you recording with, setup-wise?

08-25-2004, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviatedwolf625
yes.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:40 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviatedwolf625
yes.
08-25-2004, 03:52 PM

You should try micing it :)

Old 08-25-2004, 03:52 PM   #18
Level 9 - Obstreperous

You should try micing it :)

08-25-2004, 04:01 PM

yeah, my computer mic sucks though.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:01 PM   #19

yeah, my computer mic sucks though.
UncomfortablyNumb
08-26-2004, 06:20 PM

For that recording, I just put a headset next to my speakers and used my computers sound recorder. This was very chead lol, also I actually turned up the volume quite a bit. Anyway, when I get my real recording setup, I will be sure to record it seriously with way better quality. I might try to post alll the songs I know on a hosting website. It may take me time though. Thx for listening BTW!
Old 08-26-2004, 06:20 PM   #20
Level 3 - Talker

For that recording, I just put a headset next to my speakers and used my computers sound recorder. This was very chead lol, also I actually turned up the volume quite a bit. Anyway, when I get my real recording setup, I will be sure to record it seriously with way better quality. I might try to post alll the songs I know on a hosting website. It may take me time though. Thx for listening BTW!

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply