opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Opiate » 3. Part of Me
User Name
Password
Old 01-12-2005, 01:34 PM   #1
IC
resident flamer

Bincount™: 575
Weakest Link

I dont know but I think that this song is probebly the weakest song off the EP. Even though I like it, I wonder why they didnt put something like sober in its place.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:18 AM   #2
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 415
Re: Weakest Link

Had Sober been written and produced around the same time as Part of me? who knows but you gotta love the line "It's time for you to make a sacrifice, it's time to die a little, give it up"

At the very start of the song where you hear "ready" then you hear someone whispering I think Maynard is saying "I was having fun sitting down now I gotta sing" woohoo another piece of useless information.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:39 PM   #3
Mr. Dissonance (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 23

This is among the strongest links on the disc for me, I wouldn't say there are any weak songs on it at all.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 08:15 PM   #4
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 136

Part of Me weak? MY ASS. This song is pure raw power...how can you NOT like it. The best song on the album.
Old 01-28-2005, 03:34 PM   #5
IC
resident flamer

Bincount™: 575

I do like it- I love it, but does it seem up to par with the others? just a thought
Old 02-07-2005, 12:05 PM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerCombustion
I dont know but I think that this song is probebly the weakest song off the EP. Even though I like it, I wonder why they didnt put something like sober in its place.
I dont understand why you would say the song is weak. I think this song is powerful. I love it.

Sober was a written song at the time opiate was released but from what I can gather they wanted to put the harder songs on the EP. I'm thinking maybe they figured sober had its place somewhere else.

I can't remeber the name of it but there is a CD out there that has demo versions of jerk-off, cold & ugly, part of me, hush, and sober, as well as some live tracks. The songs have a totally different feel to them. Check them out if you get the chance.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:07 PM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
I dont understand why you would say the song is weak. I think this song is powerful. I love it.

Sober was a written song at the time opiate was released but from what I can gather they wanted to put the harder songs on the EP. I'm thinking maybe they figured sober had its place somewhere else.

I can't remeber the name of it but there is a CD out there that has demo versions of sober, jerk-off, cold & ugly, part of me, hush, and crawl away as well as some live tracks. The songs have a totally different feel to them. Check them out if you get the chance.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:21 PM   #8
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 3773

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk1231
I dont understand why you would say the song is weak. I think this song is powerful. I love it..
What the fuck, she said that it´s the weakest, not weak. I totally agree with that. They could have made a better selection to that EP.

And Vlad: Opiate aint a fucking album.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:39 PM   #9
Banned.

Bincount™: 48

the title track was the best.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:14 PM   #10
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 92

part of me was the first tool song i heard and was my favorite off opiate when i got it.

the live version on salival reminded me how badass it is.
I can't live the button-down life like you. I want it all: the terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy middles. Sure, I might offend a few of the bluenoses with my cocky stride and musky odors -- oh, I'll never be the darling of the so-called "City Fathers" who cluck their tongues, stroke their beards, and talk about "What's to be done with this Andy DV?"
Old 03-17-2005, 09:19 AM   #11
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 158

i think they could have put a better song on salival instead of it tho. I would have liked something like jerk off
Old 03-17-2005, 10:22 AM   #12
Super Bat Kiss

Bincount™: 9554

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMZ
At the very start of the song where you hear "ready" then you hear someone whispering I think Maynard is saying "I was having fun sitting down now I gotta sing" woohoo another piece of useless information.
"Ready...yeah...I wa having fun sitting down having a cup of coffee but now I have to sing."

I like this song, yet it could use some more lyrics. The endless repetition of "You are just a part of me" gets annoying.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:37 AM   #13
1987-2006
Rest in Peace

Bincount™: 395

part of me may be one of the strongest tool songs i've heard... its dark, simple, and smooth

the bass lines and guitar add-ins are fu.cking awesome

Its time for you to make the sacrifce
Its time to die a little, give it up...
Old 04-16-2005, 10:53 PM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:

I don't think that Part of Me is a weak link at all in that album. Tool is a progressive rock band and Part of Me is definitely the most progressive song on that album. The more I listen to the Opiate album, the more and more I realize that Part of Me is the best song on that album. It's hardcore. No 1 2 3 4. Anyways, Sober seems to be a type of evolution of Tool, so I don't think it would have fit well on Opiate. It's perfect where it's at on Undertow.

Peace,

!
Old 06-02-2005, 11:01 AM   #15
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 1

It is very good song but it is better live on Salival
Old 06-02-2005, 11:22 AM   #16
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetnik
It is very good song but it is better live on Salival
yep, and yep.

And to the OP, maybe if you didn't use terms like "weakest" which implies they were ALL weak and Part of Me was merely the weakest. A better choice of words would be to use "less <insert a positive term>."

What- me fail Egnlish? That's unpossible.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: