Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
theamazingtool's Avatar theamazingtool
05-06-2008, 06:47 PM

I called two book stores, two music shops, stopped at Wal-Mart and Hannaford(which was a long shot but i knew has a good selection of magazines) and cannot find this freakin TOOL issue. I am dying to see it or atleast hear something about it. Can anybody tell me where i can purchase it or tell me if there is any news on any future plans for the band?
Old 05-06-2008, 06:47 PM   #1
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 483
Revolver Magazine

I called two book stores, two music shops, stopped at Wal-Mart and Hannaford(which was a long shot but i knew has a good selection of magazines) and cannot find this freakin TOOL issue. I am dying to see it or atleast hear something about it. Can anybody tell me where i can purchase it or tell me if there is any news on any future plans for the band?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
dice5199
05-06-2008, 06:53 PM

I got it at FYE in NJ. Don't know if you have one in your area. A music store like Sam Goody should have it.

As for the contents, it talks about the past. There is some interesting minutia that I didn't know before and would recommend getting it. I didn't find anything about future plans. Not surprising since they hold that stuff close to the vest.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:53 PM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 13
Re: Revolver Magazine

I got it at FYE in NJ. Don't know if you have one in your area. A music store like Sam Goody should have it.

As for the contents, it talks about the past. There is some interesting minutia that I didn't know before and would recommend getting it. I didn't find anything about future plans. Not surprising since they hold that stuff close to the vest.
05-06-2008, 07:15 PM

go to a mr. paperback, or borders or barnes and noble.

i knew you were from maine because the dj's around here always call the band "the amazing tool" people prolly think its their real name.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:15 PM   #3
homer jay

Bincount™: 4656

i knew you were from maine because the dj's around here always call the band "the amazing tool" people prolly think its their real name.
Tool_Is_Sick
05-06-2008, 07:45 PM

haha...yeah I went to Rite Aid, Walgreens, Fye and even Acme...didnt come across it...but then again..I'll get it eventually..Its not a big priority for me at the moment.

I heard that there is new "artwork" involved? If so, What does it contain?
Old 05-06-2008, 07:45 PM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 10

haha...yeah I went to Rite Aid, Walgreens, Fye and even Acme...didnt come across it...but then again..I'll get it eventually..Its not a big priority for me at the moment.

I heard that there is new "artwork" involved? If so, What does it contain?
solidabyss
05-06-2008, 09:24 PM

i got it at borders, i think is pretty interesting. ive never heard the story of the birth of disgustipated, pretty funny. really enjoyed the full bands perspective of each album from a present day point of view.
lots of cool pictures, and alex grey has an offer if you donate $10 to the new chapel of sacred mirrors you will get your name engraved on something that will be in the tool shrine there, good deal, good cause i say. do i have the money? maybe later
Old 05-06-2008, 09:24 PM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

i got it at borders, i think is pretty interesting. ive never heard the story of the birth of disgustipated, pretty funny. really enjoyed the full bands perspective of each album from a present day point of view.
lots of cool pictures, and alex grey has an offer if you donate $10 to the new chapel of sacred mirrors you will get your name engraved on something that will be in the tool shrine there, good deal, good cause i say. do i have the money? maybe later
05-06-2008, 11:46 PM

what about Mike Patton, Tomas Haake, Buzzo... what do they say about them?

and: how many pages is this magazine long?
Old 05-06-2008, 11:46 PM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

what about Mike Patton, Tomas Haake, Buzzo... what do they say about them?

and: how many pages is this magazine long?
IssueTissue
05-07-2008, 01:22 AM

Is this magazine really worth it?
Cause I live in Europe and have no chance getting the magazine except I would subscribe.
I wonder if either the magazine goes online or I could somehow get this magazine in exchange for cash for sure ;)
Old 05-07-2008, 01:22 AM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

Is this magazine really worth it?
Cause I live in Europe and have no chance getting the magazine except I would subscribe.
I wonder if either the magazine goes online or I could somehow get this magazine in exchange for cash for sure ;)
slamminsalmon's Avatar slamminsalmon
05-07-2008, 05:17 AM

you will be able to find it somewhere
Old 05-07-2008, 05:17 AM   #8
homer jay

you will be able to find it somewhere
theamazingtool's Avatar theamazingtool
05-07-2008, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamminsalmon View Post

you must listen to TOS then, best damn radio station ever, right? i see your from waterville eh? i go up that way all the time. big G's right across the river, has gotta be my fav place to eat
Old 05-07-2008, 06:57 AM   #9
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 483

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamminsalmon View Post

you must listen to TOS then, best damn radio station ever, right? i see your from waterville eh? i go up that way all the time. big G's right across the river, has gotta be my fav place to eat
Yast3r's Avatar Yast3r
05-07-2008, 10:40 AM

I haven't seen this issue but I've seen this months Revolver with the Foo Fighters on the cover. I'm on the hunt for the Tool one however.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:40 AM   #10
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 480

I haven't seen this issue but I've seen this months Revolver with the Foo Fighters on the cover. I'm on the hunt for the Tool one however.
aicrag88's Avatar aicrag88
05-07-2008, 12:54 PM

isnt this months issue the one with the hottest chicks in metal part III ?
Old 05-07-2008, 12:54 PM   #11
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

isnt this months issue the one with the hottest chicks in metal part III ?
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
05-07-2008, 12:56 PM

Now I'm confused...is there actually an all Tool Revolver mag out there or not?
Old 05-07-2008, 12:56 PM   #12
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Now I'm confused...is there actually an all Tool Revolver mag out there or not?
05-07-2008, 01:08 PM

I'm thinking its like... a special, not the May issue of Revolver. The May issue has the Foo's on the cover... which really threw me off when I went into the magazine store.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:08 PM   #13
Level 10 - Vehement

I'm thinking its like... a special, not the May issue of Revolver. The May issue has the Foo's on the cover... which really threw me off when I went into the magazine store.
05-07-2008, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yast3r View Post
Hmm, I better find it
Old 05-07-2008, 01:30 PM   #14
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Hmm, I better find it
05-07-2008, 02:52 PM

Here we go again, another Tool rarity. Look for it on ebay for a 100 bucks. Why cant they make it a normal issue for the love of.....
Old 05-07-2008, 02:52 PM   #15
Level 4 - Thinker

Here we go again, another Tool rarity. Look for it on ebay for a 100 bucks. Why cant they make it a normal issue for the love of.....
05-07-2008, 04:12 PM

Well I have checked Real Canadian Superstore, Walmart, Futureshop (The one near me sells magazines), A corner store that just sells magazines and cigarettes, Coles Bookstore, and lastly Chapters. None had it but Chapters said to phone them on Friday because thats when they are getting a new shipment of magazines. =\

A lot of hassle for a magazine with no breaking or useful news lol.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:12 PM   #16
Level 10 - Vehement

Well I have checked Real Canadian Superstore, Walmart, Futureshop (The one near me sells magazines), A corner store that just sells magazines and cigarettes, Coles Bookstore, and lastly Chapters. None had it but Chapters said to phone them on Friday because thats when they are getting a new shipment of magazines. =\

A lot of hassle for a magazine with no breaking or useful news lol.
Juzblome
05-07-2008, 06:24 PM

It's not a "revolver magazine" issue.

It's release under the name "The Book of Tool" presented by Revolver.

At books a million it wasn't under "Revolver" it was somewhere else on the shelves.

Look in the "T" section.

They told me by phone it wasn't there, yet it was .... just under a different title.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:24 PM   #17
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

It's not a "revolver magazine" issue.

It's release under the name "The Book of Tool" presented by Revolver.

At books a million it wasn't under "Revolver" it was somewhere else on the shelves.

Look in the "T" section.

They told me by phone it wasn't there, yet it was .... just under a different title.
flawlessme's Avatar flawlessme
05-07-2008, 11:52 PM

Scans? :p
Old 05-07-2008, 11:52 PM   #18
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Scans? :p
05-08-2008, 03:37 AM

Danny mentions something about the future relating to the frustration associated with making each album. He said something along the lines of "the next album" seems like it might be easier to make than the previous ones, but when they get into the studio, he knows complications will arise.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:37 AM   #19
Level 3 - Talker

Danny mentions something about the future relating to the frustration associated with making each album. He said something along the lines of "the next album" seems like it might be easier to make than the previous ones, but when they get into the studio, he knows complications will arise.
solidabyss
05-08-2008, 07:24 AM

has interviews with the whole bands multiple times about all the albums, another with blair, the lighting guy "Junior", alex grey, and chet zar. i say its worth it if you got $6 to throw around.

i went with a friend of mine to borders so he could get one and they only had one left, so good luck the rest of you dallasites
Old 05-08-2008, 07:24 AM   #20
Level 7 - Loquacious

has interviews with the whole bands multiple times about all the albums, another with blair, the lighting guy "Junior", alex grey, and chet zar. i say its worth it if you got $6 to throw around.

i went with a friend of mine to borders so he could get one and they only had one left, so good luck the rest of you dallasites
05-08-2008, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidabyss View Post

So what did he find it listed under? I guess I'm going to have to run to Borders tonight
Old 05-08-2008, 08:06 AM   #21
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

So what did he find it listed under? I guess I'm going to have to run to Borders tonight
05-08-2008, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post

Refer to my previous post.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:16 AM   #22
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post

Refer to my previous post.
Angel on the Sideline
05-08-2008, 09:30 AM

It came out May 6. I bought it yesterday at a Books-A-Million store. It was in the "Magazines" section under the "Music" heading right where Revolver should be. It appears to be a special issue and not the regular May issue. Blair has posted a scan of the cover at toolband.com.

The cover says: "Revolver presents TOOL: The Ultimate Guide to Hard Rock's Most Extraordinary Band."

I haven't had a chance to read it or even flipped through it yet. Just picked it up on my way home yesterday and plan to read it tonight.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:30 AM   #23
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

It came out May 6. I bought it yesterday at a Books-A-Million store. It was in the "Magazines" section under the "Music" heading right where Revolver should be. It appears to be a special issue and not the regular May issue. Blair has posted a scan of the cover at toolband.com.

The cover says: "Revolver presents TOOL: The Ultimate Guide to Hard Rock's Most Extraordinary Band."

I haven't had a chance to read it or even flipped through it yet. Just picked it up on my way home yesterday and plan to read it tonight.
YouSirAreAnIdiot's Avatar YouSirAreAnIdiot
05-08-2008, 10:07 AM

Just ordered it off the Revolver website, I'll put some scans up as soon as a I receive it. Can't wait.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:07 AM   #24
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Just ordered it off the Revolver website, I'll put some scans up as soon as a I receive it. Can't wait.
05-08-2008, 03:47 PM

Or you can waste 15 dollars worth of gas and go to the mall and pick up a magizine.

Ive read about 30 pages of it. (Up to Chapter 4: Lateralus)...Its really interesting how they evolved into what they are. Im gonna start reading Chapter 5 10,000 days later tonight.

The first two records (opiate, undertow) were extremely raw and filled with negativity. The negativity of the music made everyday life a struggle Nard said so Maynard wanted to heal from the wounds so to speak. He wanted to explore other dimensions of his psyche by reading religious books, spritual readings, etc thus making Aemina and Lateralus.

During Lateralus recording, I never knew they were in a state of "never really fistfights but verbal explosions" its amazing how a band so talented can fight over whatever problems they are enduring and still have the strength to come out on top and release an ablum so badass that was #1 on the billboards. Its remarkable.

Im sure everyone has known this for some time now but some of it is news to me.

Inner_Eulogy: Pick up an issue. Its worth it and yes it is real.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:47 PM   #25
Level 8 - Vociferous

Or you can waste 15 dollars worth of gas and go to the mall and pick up a magizine.

Ive read about 30 pages of it. (Up to Chapter 4: Lateralus)...Its really interesting how they evolved into what they are. Im gonna start reading Chapter 5 10,000 days later tonight.

The first two records (opiate, undertow) were extremely raw and filled with negativity. The negativity of the music made everyday life a struggle Nard said so Maynard wanted to heal from the wounds so to speak. He wanted to explore other dimensions of his psyche by reading religious books, spritual readings, etc thus making Aemina and Lateralus.

During Lateralus recording, I never knew they were in a state of "never really fistfights but verbal explosions" its amazing how a band so talented can fight over whatever problems they are enduring and still have the strength to come out on top and release an ablum so badass that was #1 on the billboards. Its remarkable.

05-09-2008, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool_Is_Sick View Post

I definately plan on it, I didn't make it to Borders yesterday and they didn't have it at the grocery store so I'll be picking it up today
Old 05-09-2008, 05:31 AM   #26
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool_Is_Sick View Post

I definately plan on it, I didn't make it to Borders yesterday and they didn't have it at the grocery store so I'll be picking it up today
05-09-2008, 05:36 AM

yeah big g's is the shit!
Old 05-09-2008, 05:36 AM   #27
homer jay

yeah big g's is the shit!
elusivEuphoria's Avatar elusivEuphoria
05-09-2008, 07:22 AM

Hmmmmm, ill probably tackle the UPS delivery guy when he shows up with my copy... sounds like a really fascinating read, cant wait.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:22 AM   #28
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

Hmmmmm, ill probably tackle the UPS delivery guy when he shows up with my copy... sounds like a really fascinating read, cant wait.
Yast3r's Avatar Yast3r
05-09-2008, 11:10 AM

Can someone tell Canada to get some of these Borders stores? Please?
Old 05-09-2008, 11:10 AM   #29
Level 10 - Vehement

Can someone tell Canada to get some of these Borders stores? Please?
Tool_Is_Sick
05-09-2008, 02:57 PM

Take a road trip..it'll be fun.

We are talking about Tool here..its well worth the $200 in gas you'll spend. Have a wonderful time.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:57 PM   #30
Level 8 - Vociferous

Take a road trip..it'll be fun.

We are talking about Tool here..its well worth the $200 in gas you'll spend. Have a wonderful time.
Medicea Sidera
05-09-2008, 05:55 PM

Scans anyone? or at least another way to get the magazine for foreigner people like me? just a question...
Old 05-09-2008, 05:55 PM   #31
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Scans anyone? or at least another way to get the magazine for foreigner people like me? just a question...
Exhale till it hurts
05-10-2008, 07:37 AM

i just noticed that the revolver website isnt letting you buy the magazine anymore
does that mean theyre running out?
or does it mean that their server is acting weird and not showing it or something?
Old 05-10-2008, 07:37 AM   #32
Level 4 - Thinker

i just noticed that the revolver website isnt letting you buy the magazine anymore
does that mean theyre running out?
or does it mean that their server is acting weird and not showing it or something?
Yast3r's Avatar Yast3r
05-11-2008, 08:12 AM

I got the magazine... I'm not too impressed with it to be honest. Although I did laugh my head off at that Fur is Dead advertisement, the guy on the right side with the pink makeup made me chuckle.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:12 AM   #33
Level 10 - Vehement

I got the magazine... I'm not too impressed with it to be honest. Although I did laugh my head off at that Fur is Dead advertisement, the guy on the right side with the pink makeup made me chuckle.
Jacky
05-11-2008, 09:32 AM

Could someone please put some scans online?
I live in Belgium (off all places) where they've just invented the magazines :p
There's no chance that I can buy one overhere.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:32 AM   #34
Level 1 - Lurker

Could someone please put some scans online?
I live in Belgium (off all places) where they've just invented the magazines :p
There's no chance that I can buy one overhere.
solidabyss
05-11-2008, 09:52 AM

i dunno if i have the patients to scan, the WHOLE mag. is about tool pretty much. i mean its not a huge magazine but there is a fair amount of pages

i cant get over how cool danny's car is
Old 05-11-2008, 09:52 AM   #35
Level 7 - Loquacious

i dunno if i have the patients to scan, the WHOLE mag. is about tool pretty much. i mean its not a huge magazine but there is a fair amount of pages

05-11-2008, 06:07 PM

Quote:

You can try to scan one page at day! I mean i really want to see it and there is no chance that i can get one....or at least put just few page of it! We really appreciate yuor effort! Me first!
Old 05-11-2008, 06:07 PM   #36
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

You can try to scan one page at day! I mean i really want to see it and there is no chance that i can get one....or at least put just few page of it! We really appreciate yuor effort! Me first!
Tool_Is_Sick
05-11-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
the guy on the right side with the pink makeup made me chuckle.
Damn thats a guy? lol.... Damn...
Old 05-11-2008, 07:31 PM   #37
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
the guy on the right side with the pink makeup made me chuckle.
Damn thats a guy? lol.... Damn...
Tool_Is_Sick
05-11-2008, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Thats not dannys lambo..He is renting in from 50 cent. Dont cha know???
Old 05-11-2008, 07:32 PM   #38
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Thats not dannys lambo..He is renting in from 50 cent. Dont cha know???
liecheatnsteal
05-12-2008, 08:25 AM

Magazine was a good read to see things "from a different angle". I was most impressed by MJK talking about how having a son changed his life. Not to get too personal, but I too had a son recently and I can relate. I don't have the exact quote in front of me (had to lend it to a fellow fan here because they are hard to find!) but MJK says something to the effect that after he had a son, his friends would be off to do something crazy and he'd have to stay behind because now he had responsibilites. He also wished that some of the other guys in the band would expereince what he had by becoming a father yet at the same time thought that them being different was good for the creative process.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:25 AM   #39
Level 4 - Thinker

Magazine was a good read to see things "from a different angle". I was most impressed by MJK talking about how having a son changed his life. Not to get too personal, but I too had a son recently and I can relate. I don't have the exact quote in front of me (had to lend it to a fellow fan here because they are hard to find!) but MJK says something to the effect that after he had a son, his friends would be off to do something crazy and he'd have to stay behind because now he had responsibilites. He also wished that some of the other guys in the band would expereince what he had by becoming a father yet at the same time thought that them being different was good for the creative process.
05-12-2008, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicea Sidera View Post
Order it online...you obviously have internet access
Old 05-12-2008, 09:45 AM   #40
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicea Sidera View Post
Order it online...you obviously have internet access

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply