opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Parabola
User Name
Password
Old 04-20-2003, 04:07 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
My Interpretation

I apologize if any of these ideas are regurgitated to some degree, but I do think that I shed some different light on aspects fo the video, so read on if you're interested.

The video starts out with with an upclose view of the atomic structure of the altar setting. I believe this is supposed to clue us into the fact that we are delving into the very subject matter of life itself.

The three men at the table I also believe to be indicative of the three main religions: Christianity, Judaism and Islam. Which can be shown in the apple the star of david and the flame of Muhammad. All three of the men are deformed in exactly the same ways, pointing out that all of the religions are the same in their underlying, and flawed message. All three men then vomit up there idealogies of their repesctive religion in an infinite circle which is then manipulated by the hands of man.

Next is a total change of music accompanied by a swinging pendulum and an impish character. The pendulum is stopped byt the hands of man, which to me signifies our ability to alter the natural order of things.

Now the whole man enters the picture and topples a stone which I feel represents the tablets of judaic and christianic Commandments. This man I believe to be the first man, Adam, for a few reasons. First of all, he is an African male, which would have been what the first human was. Secondly, he has umbilical appendages from his eyes which I think point out the fact that he was given life from his eyes, or his windows to his soul.

The next seen is of a tree, the tree of knowledge, going along with the garden of eden theme. The man reaches out to the tree and is distracted by the imp, who I believe is the physical representation of childhood/innocence. the man rests his head on a block and after some cell division scenes, the idea from his head has materialized in the form of a sphere. The idea grows in it of itself as the man stares forelornly out the window at the natural world that he is separated from by his cement walls of progress. The imp, innocence, goes off to inspect the growing idea and is crushed by it. Showing how our advances in technology etc kill our innocence.

The man's yells at the idea prove futile in it's ever growing state, and his dissection of the imp shows that it posses all the organs of a human, pointing out the fact that it is our innocence that makes us truly human.

The man is now left to wander through the natural world by himself, being pursued by his idea. He turns from his original idea and picks up a leaf off the ground. This is telling us that he is rejecting the sciences of the modern world and returning to his most natural state. Suddenly the leaf morphs and travels though his body illuminating his chest cavity and giving him the thrid eye of omniscient sight.

Thus we have the overall message of the video. True enlightenment can not be found in the vomitings of religion, or in the murderous ideas of technological science, but in the very nature of man and his surroundings.

Please respond with any feedback you have to my ideas.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 08:22 PM   #2
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Good

I really agree with that man.
Old 04-22-2003, 02:31 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2
Beautiful.....
Old 04-26-2003, 12:02 PM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 75
so far yours is the best interpretation ive read...
great job..
I really like it :)
Old 04-26-2003, 12:16 PM   #5
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 62
The three main religions thing makes sense to me. They're making the circle to represent that all of these religions have the same God and the same message though a bit modified.

All in all, nice interpretation...
Old 05-21-2003, 08:03 AM   #6
IC
resident flamer

Bincount™: 575
the man comes into the world as fruit from the ground, comes out of or above it through the fruit (leaf/tree) of the ground.
great way of thinking of it.
religion is a beautiful, love teaching story of hope. In the minds of men, this can be a tool for their advantage, raping the innocence of the unsuspecting. Religion is not what is wrong. Men's greedy desires for power corrupt religion. Its all the same, whether you believe in Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Mother Earth, its all one god that we are connected to. We each need to find our way to get there.
Old 05-21-2003, 09:36 AM   #7
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 64
Re: My Interpretation

Quote:
Originally posted by tegar00
Please respond with any feedback you have to my ideas.
Wow... I haven't even seen the video but your discourse about it was pretty engaging. It's refreshing to have people around that can pull this type of perspective out of things. Keeps them juices flowin'

-Tant

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: