opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » 09. Lateralus
User Name
Password
Old 10-05-2008, 09:01 PM   #121
Level 14 - Squad Blazer

Bincount™: 2148
Re: Lateralus = Mushrooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude420 View Post
gonzo baby

BTW: I get the same effect from fasting as i do smoking weed, im incredibly hungry and will eat everything in sight
LOL
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:13 AM   #122

Bincount™: 391

I did not find that snippet funny, actually, I think there is something truth to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkarm View Post
I think ive pushed my limit, i've been struggling just to feel the things i used to feel.
I have to agree on this on some limits. I do not mind someone eating mushrooms or whatever to get into some certain state of mind, or whatever he/she is seeking for. However, the level of recommendations and actually giving it more meaning than what it actually is - supprised me.

People usually tend to balanced negative and positive sides of their doings, and I thought I would give some information/thoughts to consider, as in Sherlock Holmes style. Just dropping things to discuss ?

Well first, some posts claim drugs actually expanding the use of brain and using parts that are not "normally" active. That is not true by a long term [ http://www.amenclinics.com/bp/atlas/ch15.php ], which states SPECT brain images of abusers have several damage on their brain. "The study with heavy marijuana usage shows marked overall decreased activity", "In general, the SPECT Scan studies look less active, more shriveled, and overall less healthy. A "scalloping effect" is common amongst drug abusing brains. Normal brain patterns show smooth activity across the cortical surface. Scalloping is a wavy, rough sea-like look on the brain's surface. I also see this pattern in patients who have been exposed to toxic fumes or oxygen deprivation. My research assistant says that the drug brains she has seen look like someone poured acid on the brain. Not a pretty site.".

However, mushrooms ( psilocybin hallucinogen ) do not have long term affects by this study [ http://www.foodconsumer.org/777/8/magic_mushroom.shtml ]
" The researchers also noted no permanent brain damage or negative long-term effects stemming from use of psilocybin. ". " The researchers used psychological questionnaires and found that 22 of the 36 volunteers had a “complete” mystical experience after taking psilocybin – far more than the four who reported this type of experience after taking Ritalin :)."

And the effects [ http://www.shroomery.org/6265/Physic...s-of-Mushrooms ], " heavy philosophical rambling, like you're a college professor talking to a room full of students, especially profound with high doses.". Heh, well, I guess this goes for the meaning of what the situation really is. The visual and audial experiences, feelings and all that, are effects of the substance. The most common thing i get from reading the posts here is, you have assumption of something you want and you receive the experience by taking some substance that takes you there. For me, the basic idea is to gain something - usually something positive. I, however enjoy treating my brain ( it is a organ ) by keeping it healthy. It is not much of an rocket science, but it is long lasting. What comes to mushrooms, however it seems it is NOT that harmfull, what some government sites claim it to be. There are very good sides for using it too. It does not help that drugs are demonised, but it does not help either to give false information from any side.

Here is some good history about hallucinogenic mushrooms [http://web.archive.org/web/200601161...am/sah_int.htm ].

I found it interesting that most of the experiences here are positive, and mind opening. For most of I know, it has not been so. A great experience, but a third eye in the forehead ? no. I have for a long time wanted to get a long lasting feeling of high, and enjoy the moments. Music does it, alcohol does it and many other things, but I get used to it and it is not there when I would really need it. I found my way by appreciating friends and closed ones, because when you see others feeling good you get the same. And you are connected with others, and the difference between spiritual and earthly connectivity is, when you support others by really doing concrete favours, you change their life too. About spiritual side, well, I have am short on time so maybe i think about that when i get the boring moments.

So yeah, I am not spiritually awakened. Its funny to think, that if you would take a cat ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJEw3A_QO9o i-have-my-mind-expanded-cat ), drug it - it would be more spiritually awakened than me, but he would still be a cat and probably get its best joy from eating all the squirrels from the trees. I think, everything you now have is able to get everything out from your life - and anyone saying otherwise is lacking it himself. It is relaxing to eagerly stop seeking, its nice to notice everything comes naturally.

For some reason there are a lot of stuff about discovering your potential energy and all that. I think they are doing a great job, but why everything is made so complicated ? I get to feel good when I receive new perspective on things, but yet at the same time i am distracted from something far more simple. Distract body from the mind - how did i get carried away :)

Anyway, this is my second post and hello to everyone.

Last edited by 0.618; 10-06-2008 at 05:22 AM..
Old 10-06-2008, 09:27 AM   #123
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0.618 View Post
I did not find that snippet funny, actually, I think there is something truth to it.

I have to agree on this on some limits. I do not mind someone eating mushrooms or whatever to get into some certain state of mind, or whatever he/she is seeking for. However, the level of recommendations and actually giving it more meaning than what it actually is - supprised me.

People usually tend to balanced negative and positive sides of their doings, and I thought I would give some information/thoughts to consider, as in Sherlock Holmes style. Just dropping things to discuss ?

Well first, some posts claim drugs actually expanding the use of brain and using parts that are not "normally" active. That is not true by a long term [ http://www.amenclinics.com/bp/atlas/ch15.php ], which states SPECT brain images of abusers have several damage on their brain. "The study with heavy marijuana usage shows marked overall decreased activity", "In general, the SPECT Scan studies look less active, more shriveled, and overall less healthy. A "scalloping effect" is common amongst drug abusing brains. Normal brain patterns show smooth activity across the cortical surface. Scalloping is a wavy, rough sea-like look on the brain's surface. I also see this pattern in patients who have been exposed to toxic fumes or oxygen deprivation. My research assistant says that the drug brains she has seen look like someone poured acid on the brain. Not a pretty site.".

However, mushrooms ( psilocybin hallucinogen ) do not have long term affects by this study [ http://www.foodconsumer.org/777/8/magic_mushroom.shtml ]
" The researchers also noted no permanent brain damage or negative long-term effects stemming from use of psilocybin. ". " The researchers used psychological questionnaires and found that 22 of the 36 volunteers had a “complete” mystical experience after taking psilocybin – far more than the four who reported this type of experience after taking Ritalin :)."

And the effects [ http://www.shroomery.org/6265/Physic...s-of-Mushrooms ], " heavy philosophical rambling, like you're a college professor talking to a room full of students, especially profound with high doses.". Heh, well, I guess this goes for the meaning of what the situation really is. The visual and audial experiences, feelings and all that, are effects of the substance. The most common thing i get from reading the posts here is, you have assumption of something you want and you receive the experience by taking some substance that takes you there. For me, the basic idea is to gain something - usually something positive. I, however enjoy treating my brain ( it is a organ ) by keeping it healthy. It is not much of an rocket science, but it is long lasting. What comes to mushrooms, however it seems it is NOT that harmfull, what some government sites claim it to be. There are very good sides for using it too. It does not help that drugs are demonised, but it does not help either to give false information from any side.

Here is some good history about hallucinogenic mushrooms [http://web.archive.org/web/200601161...am/sah_int.htm ].

I found it interesting that most of the experiences here are positive, and mind opening. For most of I know, it has not been so. A great experience, but a third eye in the forehead ? no. I have for a long time wanted to get a long lasting feeling of high, and enjoy the moments. Music does it, alcohol does it and many other things, but I get used to it and it is not there when I would really need it. I found my way by appreciating friends and closed ones, because when you see others feeling good you get the same. And you are connected with others, and the difference between spiritual and earthly connectivity is, when you support others by really doing concrete favours, you change their life too. About spiritual side, well, I have am short on time so maybe i think about that when i get the boring moments.

So yeah, I am not spiritually awakened. Its funny to think, that if you would take a cat ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJEw3A_QO9o i-have-my-mind-expanded-cat ), drug it - it would be more spiritually awakened than me, but he would still be a cat and probably get its best joy from eating all the squirrels from the trees. I think, everything you now have is able to get everything out from your life - and anyone saying otherwise is lacking it himself. It is relaxing to eagerly stop seeking, its nice to notice everything comes naturally.

For some reason there are a lot of stuff about discovering your potential energy and all that. I think they are doing a great job, but why everything is made so complicated ? I get to feel good when I receive new perspective on things, but yet at the same time i am distracted from something far more simple. Distract body from the mind - how did i get carried away :)

Anyway, this is my second post and hello to everyone.
It's at least nice to see somebody finally say something with substance on here, whether I agree with it or not.

I think the use of any drugs is to each their own, I've tried many myself in my lifetime as a teenager. I think hallucinogens definately DO help people on a personal level. For me, it did open my mind so so many different perspectives in life and a self realized spirituality; even if back then I used them with disregard. But I think that's the whole point is not to be stupid about it and use things as such like a party drug (ie: Rosetta Stoned) and try to actually gain some understanding through the experience that will carry over into your daily life. I know I did. I'm not pro or anti, I think it's up to the individual but, at least be smart enough to know what you're getting into and have the common sense to gain something from it.

As far as your scientific results that were listed, I've gone over those before. Each subject they used were chronic abusers. Too much of ANYthing will damage your brain. Another lopsided result but, nonetheless, factual...don't over do it ya' dumbasses.

Case and point....

what was I saying again?
Old 10-07-2008, 03:16 PM   #124
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 1841

Eating some mushrooms that are of the magic variety a few times won't do much to your synapses, really, besides opening them up. Eating cold cuts and shit made by Maple Leaf Foods would be far, far worse. Discern what you put into you, and always moderation.
Tool is excellent shroomin' music.
Perhaps, a bi-annual ritual.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:09 PM   #125
Level 14 - Squad Blazer

buh bye
Old 10-08-2008, 10:41 AM   #126
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by eulogy508 View Post
buh bye
?
Old 10-08-2008, 12:17 PM   #127
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
?
I shouldn't have interrupted.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:01 AM   #128
Level 12 - Scurrilous

*shrug*....oh well, carry on
Old 10-09-2008, 11:57 AM   #129
Level 14 - Squad Blazer

It was directed at this guy but he was banned, hence why you can't see the post.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:37 PM   #130
risen phoenix

Bincount™: 0

this entire album helped me piece my life bakc together after a mushroom trip gone bad but in a good way. long story involving a shimmering vortex of purple and green eyes blinding me from this reality, all i could see was this infinitely large lliving alex grey painting (long before i knew of alex grey outside the album cover) and also i bought undertow when it first came out, couldnt get into it and it took me until 2004 around the time of the bad trip/eye vortex for me to get into tool, talk about a sanity/life saver
Old 06-16-2009, 05:44 AM   #131
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 35

yea, ok....jesus fucking christ.

"i am so like, totally mystical"

fuck yourself with a plastic spoon. while your mom plays violin.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:23 PM   #132
Level 3 - Talker

fuck inner_eulogy
fuck nmob
Old 07-07-2009, 06:44 AM   #133
Level 3 - Talker

The only time ive eaten mushrooms since i started listening to tool i listened to this album and it was one of my favorite trips, im not saying "go eat some mushrooms" but if you do i recommend listening to lateralus
Old 07-07-2009, 08:44 AM   #134
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeFlys View Post
fuck inner_eulogy
fuck nmob
Fuck you too
Old 07-07-2009, 10:51 AM   #135
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Fuck you too
hey bro, that quote gets said round here a lot, but it reads:

Fuck U2.

some of my buddies really, really hate U2.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:57 AM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by little bozzio View Post

Fuck U2.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=11worst
Old 07-07-2009, 11:19 AM   #137
Level 12 - Scurrilous

yeah to that ^ link.

how to dismantle an atomic bomb? don't make it in the first place.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:41 PM   #138
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by little bozzio View Post

Fuck U2.

I'm not fond of the band either
Old 07-07-2009, 12:43 PM   #139
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Haha, nice!
Old 07-07-2009, 12:43 PM   #140
Level 12 - Scurrilous

'Bout time you changed your avatar by the way =-P
Old 07-07-2009, 01:45 PM   #141
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635

Quote:
Only to copy the one of a mod that can use his abbility to banhammer! You've got some balls 0.618
Old 07-07-2009, 01:47 PM   #142
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeFlys View Post
fuck inner_eulogy
fuck nmob
Fuck aliases.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:08 PM   #143

Quote:
i'm having identity crisis
Old 07-07-2009, 02:35 PM   #144
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
I'm not fond of the band either
if i was gonna take some 'shrooms i definitely WOULD NOT be listening to U2.

i would listen to Tool, or Yes, or ELP. maybe the Who.

but regardless, i do not think that lateralus=mushrooms. i think it sounds good on them.

let me meditate on this a while...
Old 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM   #145
Gearhead

Bincount™: 3077

Please keep in mind that the Albums section is not the bin and that some level of civility is expected.

This is not a debate.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:09 AM   #146
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post
Only to copy the one of a mod that can use his abbility to banhammer! You've got some balls 0.618
By the way, I dig your new avatar though Rolo
Old 07-08-2009, 08:10 AM   #147
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post
Fuck aliases.
Yup....
Old 07-08-2009, 12:28 PM   #148
Jedi Master