opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » 09. Lateralus
User Name
Password
Old 01-02-2008, 12:14 PM   #41
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135
Re: Lateralus synch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*»€«(Đispositioñ)»€«*~* View Post
In regards to your signature I_E, there's a special place reserved in hell for people who quote themselves.
I'm not sure if you'e trying to be funny or a sarcastic prick, either way you failed to amuse me.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:57 PM   #42
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
In regards to speaking with Mr. Pedro:
Im lost..who is Mr. pedro? Sorry is I come across as a dumbass. Just curious..

Quote:
Well, it tasted like ass that's for sure..lol It also seemed to take about 2 1/2 to 3hrs before it really all kicked in. It's kind of fucked up that my best friend came over while I'm sitting there trippin and he's got a Playstation 3 and tells me it's mine as he starts pulling it out of the packaging so here I am like FUCK, I MUST be trippin'. I was having a hard time playing most of the games "too much thinkin required".
LOL!!

Quote:
I then realized how fucking cool windows media "now playing" screen is, where all these colored spectrums and designs morph and vibrate to the beat of the music.
I lol'd again but unfortunately I dont do drugs so I cant elaborate on this.

I enjoyed your post man.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:25 PM   #43
but tulips

Bincount™: 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool_Is_Sick View Post
Im lost..who is Mr. pedro? Sorry is I come across as a dumbass. Just curious..

LOL!!

I lol'd again but unfortunately I dont do drugs so I cant elaborate on this.

I enjoyed your post man.
He's referring to San Pedro cactus which contains mescaline as it's main active alkaloid.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:27 PM   #44
but tulips

Quote:
In regards to speaking with Mr. Pedro: Well, it tasted like ass that's for sure..lol It also seemed to take about 2 1/2 to 3hrs before it really all kicked in. It's kind of fucked up that my best friend came over while I'm sitting there trippin and he's got a Playstation 3 and tells me it's mine as he starts pulling it out of the packaging so here I am like FUCK, I MUST be trippin'. I was having a hard time playing most of the games "too much thinkin required". After he left I talked to my sister for a while trying to comprehend everything that was going on and what had just happened. I got off the phone with her and took a nice long hot bath in the dark while listening to Lateralus which was quite relaxing. Eventually I made my way back to the Tv and popped in the Vicarious DVD and watched that which was fucking awesome and I got sidetracked by my cat whom was staring at me for a few and came back and the DVD's main menu was up with the guy standing there staring at the eclipse and then that's when I REALLY started noticing visuals. I then figured out that Tool made that main menu screen SPECIFICALLY for people tripping because you notice very slight subtle changes in the light and shadows that when sober you don't really notice much about it but when tripping the effect lasts longer and you see all these fucked up images in the ground and sky. It was fucking kick ass although a little disturbing. I then realized how fucking cool windows media "now playing" screen is, where all these colored spectrums and designs morph and vibrate to the beat of the music. It did last WAY too long though. I took it at 5:30pm when I got home and wasn't able to fall asleep until about 4:30am and I needed to be up at 8am which really fucking sucked. Not to mention I had a horrible headache all day. All in all, it was fun but probably won't do it again for a long time if ever. Not that it was bad, just realized that that feeling wasn't really my cup of tea anymore.
Sounds like you got what you wanted at least man. I too notice that it seems like Tool and other artists create things specifically for those of us that are tripping. I mean listen to Third Eye while intoxicated its like the key to the universe. It definitely does last quite a long time, but I'm glad you had a good experience and felt it's wonderful effects.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:48 AM   #45
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivek View Post
Sounds like you had a great time IE. I'll probably be trying that myself sooner or later.
Good luck to ya'
Old 01-03-2008, 10:43 PM   #46
but tulips

Quote:
Sounds like you had a great time IE. I'll probably be trying that myself sooner or later.
Just remember, when people say it tastes fucking gross, that's a understatement. IT TASTES FUCKING GROSS!!! That's the part that does most people in, they do all this work but can't stomach it and end up not consuming the product. If you're down to do, be ready to drink some vile ass liquid. I'm sure Inner can attest to this.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:50 AM   #47
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneeye View Post
Just remember, when people say it tastes fucking gross, that's a understatement. IT TASTES FUCKING GROSS!!! That's the part that does most people in, they do all this work but can't stomach it and end up not consuming the product. If you're down to do, be ready to drink some vile ass liquid. I'm sure Inner can attest to this.
This is quite correct, I highly suggest boiling it down to about 2cups worth at the most, pinch your nose and down it quick (all while having something tasty to wash it down with immediately).

LOL, I had almost 18oz of liquid sitting in the fridge and thought ok, this shouldn't be too bad....I took a tiny tiny sip and spit it right the fuck out and immediately put the pot on the stove and boiled it down to about maybe 6-8oz...even that wasn't easy to do.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:51 AM   #48
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
I'm Irish... alcohol actually tastes yummy to me at this point. I can love any taste.
Dude, there's no way in a million years that ANY body would learn to love the taste of this shit. Mark my words!
Old 01-04-2008, 10:51 AM   #49
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Go ahead, SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THE TASTE OF SEMEN
I wouldn't know anything about the taste of semen, so how DOES it taste?
Old 01-05-2008, 09:42 PM   #50
Level 8 - Vociferous

Ummm....Yeah, Rivek is absolutely right. Semen takes like semen. He is 100% correct. Damn that guy is one intelligent human being.

Rivek, When are you writing a book for us to enjoy? I would love to enjoy it with a cup of hot tea with a splash of lemon and a mint leaf . HAHA.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:03 AM   #51
but tulips

Quote:
Dude, there's no way in a million years that ANY body would learn to love the taste of this shit. Mark my words!
I'm going to have to second this. I'm sure you got a strong gut and I don't doubt you can handle alcohol, but I would rather drink straight everclear than down this shit. I always boil it down to like 6 oz and slam it. It's fucking so nasty.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:05 PM   #52
Level 8 - Vociferous

Off the Nasty drink topic: Anyone ever have Tuaca? its actually similar to your friend jack rivek but its a little sweeter. its actually really good. I'll have about 6 or 7 shots of Tuaca and im good to go...Just thought I would throw that out to everyone being some of you are talking about alcohol.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:02 AM   #53
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
I'm going to have to second this. I'm sure you got a strong gut and I don't doubt you can handle alcohol, but I would rather drink straight everclear than down this shit. I always boil it down to like 6 oz and slam it. It's fucking so nasty.
Yeah, I never did feel queezy afterwards, it was just the aftertaste. I pinched my nose and just downed it right away and followed it immediately with some delcicious gatorade
Old 01-07-2008, 11:04 AM   #54
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
I was just joking around, I've heard stories. I know there's no way from how people talk about the taste that I could ever get to even tolerate it... much less love it. Like my good dear friend Jack... Jack Daniel... He's so good to me...
I cannot stand Whiskey anymore. I refuse to drink it. Too many nights taking drinks right out the bottle with friends, can't handle it anymore. Captain Morgans Rum and Coke is my favorite.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:51 PM   #55
but tulips

I really don't like whiskey very much, and If I have to I want it smooth like Canadian style whiskey, or top shelf. Jagermiester is my favorite liquor so easy to drink, warm, cold, shots, in a glass by itself, as a mixed drink. It's just delicious herbal goodness.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:33 PM   #56
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6

Quote:
I believe he meant Phenethylamine. You can read about it here.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenethylamine#Neurochemistry considering the context of his post, he is most certainly referring to psychedelic or hallucinogenic Phenthlamines. These are a class of psychedelics much less known to regular people who are not into chemistry or drug culture. A good example would be the 2- serious of research chemicals.

2C-I or 2,5-dimethoxy-4-iodophenethylamine

2C-D or 2,5-dimethoxy-4-methylphenethylamine

etc. etc. etc. You can read it all on wiki if you're really curious. And you can read trip reports and effects on either Bluelight or Erowid.
Yes, Phenylalanine is an Amino Acid and I think that the original person confused the two
Old 01-08-2008, 07:44 PM   #57
Level 7 - Loquacious

Tequila is where it is at my friends...not that Jose Cuervo crap, but real 100% agave tequila. Blanco, Reposado, Anejo. It doesn't matter, it's all good. I really recommend a brand called Casa Noble (if you can find it) about $45 for Reposado. It's amazing. So sweet and it tastes like brown sugar. mmmm Other good ones: Corazon, Cabo Wabo, Corralejo, Partida, Herradura...
Old 01-09-2008, 08:49 AM   #58
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Now I remember what I was thinking earlier in the thread, Phenylalanine is the amino acid in Diet Coke that causes the FDA to require a warning on the label about Phenylketoneurics.
exactly, people with phenylketneuria are born unable to process phenylanine and it is quite toxic to them
Old 01-09-2008, 08:22 PM   #59
Level 7 - Loquacious

That's what I am here for, being a science nerd does come in handy some times.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:40 PM   #60
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
I really don't like whiskey very much, and If I have to I want it smooth like Canadian style whiskey, or top shelf. Jagermiester is my favorite liquor so easy to drink, warm, cold, shots, in a glass by itself, as a mixed drink. It's just delicious herbal goodness.
Canadian Whisky is smooth!? blah. Good Bourbon I can get behind. Or Scotch. Give me some Johnny Black Label on the rocks anyday. mmmmm
Old 01-09-2008, 08:40 PM   #61
Level 7 - Loquacious

no one else likes tequila though huh?
Old 01-10-2008, 01:30 AM   #62
but tulips

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguru85 View Post
Canadian Whisky is smooth!? blah. Good Bourbon I can get behind. Or Scotch. Give me some Johnny Black Label on the rocks anyday. mmmmm
Yeah in my opinion Canadian whiskey is much smoother than standard American whiskeys. Bourbon is definitely good stuff, although technically it's a whiskey it gets labeled as it's own class which is of course Bourbon, the reason it's better is better ingredients. Tequila is okay, so long as it's real tequila ie white and made of pure blue agave hearts. The yellow bullshit they try to pass as tequila is nasty. My big problem with tequila is that I've drank and eaten san pedro/peyote too many times and now the tequila reminds me of the cactus taste.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:10 AM   #63
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Yeah in my opinion Canadian whiskey is much smoother than standard American whiskeys. Bourbon is definitely good stuff, although technically it's a whiskey it gets labeled as it's own class which is of course Bourbon, the reason it's better is better ingredients. Tequila is okay, so long as it's real tequila ie white and made of pure blue agave hearts. The yellow bullshit they try to pass as tequila is nasty. My big problem with tequila is that I've drank and eaten san pedro/peyote too many times and now the tequila reminds me of the cactus taste.
I think that's a stretch, they don't taste anything similar in my opinion.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:16 PM   #64
Level 7 - Loquacious

Tequila is delicious, IMO, and the way you talk about Pedro makes it sound disgusting so I can't imagine that it tastes like tequila
Old 01-10-2008, 08:32 PM   #65
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
I was somewhat of one until I decided to forgo getting a chemistry degree and instead focus on audio recording/engineering.
Yeah, I live the boring life of a Molecular Biologist. However, my ample downtime at work gives me the ability to kill time by shooting the shit on this site.

BTW...you should check out the 10,000 days (part 2) thread "why not just one song" I think you will find it humorous.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:39 PM   #66
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
I do as long as it's greater than or equal to Patron or Corazon. Fuck Cuervo.
Here here. I am telling you, if you can find Casa Noble, it is the best Tequila I have had (except Don Julio 1942 which runs like $180 a bottle and is hard to compete with).
Old 01-11-2008, 12:50 AM   #67
but tulips

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguru85 View Post
Tequila is delicious, IMO, and the way you talk about Pedro makes it sound disgusting so I can't imagine that it tastes like tequila
No no I wasn't claiming that they taste remotely the same, tequila is much better tasting by far. I just meant that tequila reminds me of the cactus taste, not that they taste the same. It's just a mental thing for me.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:17 PM   #68
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Fuck Cuervo.

I think this is the first time you ever told the truth about something in your life.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: