Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive
User Name
Password
gl0tch's Avatar gl0tch
04-26-2006, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHalles
I honestly feel like many of you are taking a lazy approach to this album.
We often grow into things.....sometimes it takes time to appreciate something.
We often can't grasp Hendrix the first time we hear him play....
We often don't get Coltrane at the exact second we hear it....
We can't see every face in Guernica the first time we gaze upon it.
How many of us didn't like a Guinness the first time we tried it?
How many of us didn't like a movie the first go around but eventually saw it's merits?
TOOL is escargot.....It's steak tartar baby.....
We here will all agree that TOOL is a complex band...but do we all really think it's supposed the click
the first time....
The first time you read a book, do you understand every plot line...every character?
The first time you watch a great film...do you catch every line...every look...every inference...every allusion...every suggestion?
The beauty of music, film, food, art, is that every time you revisit a piece...it is different.
life and art revolve and change with us.
Basically....the finer things in life take time to enjoy. So, take time to enjoy 10,000 days.

You should listen to this person.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:31 AM   #41
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 15
Re: The end is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHalles
I honestly feel like many of you are taking a lazy approach to this album.
We often grow into things.....sometimes it takes time to appreciate something.
We often can't grasp Hendrix the first time we hear him play....
We often don't get Coltrane at the exact second we hear it....
We can't see every face in Guernica the first time we gaze upon it.
How many of us didn't like a Guinness the first time we tried it?
How many of us didn't like a movie the first go around but eventually saw it's merits?
TOOL is escargot.....It's steak tartar baby.....
We here will all agree that TOOL is a complex band...but do we all really think it's supposed the click
the first time....
The first time you read a book, do you understand every plot line...every character?
The first time you watch a great film...do you catch every line...every look...every inference...every allusion...every suggestion?
The beauty of music, film, food, art, is that every time you revisit a piece...it is different.
life and art revolve and change with us.
Basically....the finer things in life take time to enjoy. So, take time to enjoy 10,000 days.

OFFLINE |  
badshirt
04-26-2006, 08:34 AM

Also, listen to the actual CD. Buy it - I bet the sound is better, I bet Maynards voice is clearer and I bet the drum sounds are 100x better.

Listening to a compressed, posted on file server cd does not compare. But the real deal and then make up your mind.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:34 AM   #42
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

Also, listen to the actual CD. Buy it - I bet the sound is better, I bet Maynards voice is clearer and I bet the drum sounds are 100x better.

Listening to a compressed, posted on file server cd does not compare. But the real deal and then make up your mind.
OFFLINE |  
Alcawhorlick's Avatar Alcawhorlick
04-26-2006, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gl0tch
You don't have to listen to him. It's not the same for everyone. Some people do catch onto more stuff than others the first time around. There's not a lot of mystery in this album.

The album gets worse with time. I've listened 30 times or so. The first time was the best.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:43 AM   #43
Banned.

Bincount™: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gl0tch
You don't have to listen to him. It's not the same for everyone. Some people do catch onto more stuff than others the first time around. There's not a lot of mystery in this album.

The album gets worse with time. I've listened 30 times or so. The first time was the best.
OFFLINE |  
Xariable's Avatar Xariable
04-26-2006, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiralin
During the past week I have been reading a lot of threads at this forum.
It seems that the whole Tool fan base has been divided into a lot of camps:

The ones who love 10,000 days
The ones who hate 10,000 days
The ones who thinks 10,000 days is a hoax
The ones who believe another album will be released 6/6

I have listened to the album about 30 times now, and I'm not happy with it.
At first I was hoping that this album actually was a hoax, but that's just not the case.
Several people has already the record in their hands and it's the same music as the leak.

When I first heard Vicarious I was completely blown away.
The production was good,Danny´s drumming was better than ever etc.etc
But the rest of the album just doesn't do it for me.

Of course there is a couple of good songs on the album (it's Tool for god sake) such as Wings/10,000 days and Right in Two.
But the rest is awful.
I am so sad about this.
Both Aenima and Lateralus are the best records ever made.

I think Tool has lost it,and that makes me so sad because Tool is my favorite band.

Tool won't release another album this year, because why would they tour for more than a month with 10,000 days before 6/6 ?

I just have to deal with it.
This is Tools step back, worst release and the end of their place at the top.

I will buy the album anyway just to support the band,but i think they could have made 10,000 times better.

Damn it
Why don't you hold your breath until the actual release! The better quality of the CD might change your mind. I find it hard to believe that in 30 listens you have heard everything. Evidently you haven't. by the way, the end of what? Your fanship? Later.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:44 AM   #44
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiralin
During the past week I have been reading a lot of threads at this forum.
It seems that the whole Tool fan base has been divided into a lot of camps:

The ones who love 10,000 days
The ones who hate 10,000 days
The ones who thinks 10,000 days is a hoax
The ones who believe another album will be released 6/6

I have listened to the album about 30 times now, and I'm not happy with it.
At first I was hoping that this album actually was a hoax, but that's just not the case.
Several people has already the record in their hands and it's the same music as the leak.

When I first heard Vicarious I was completely blown away.
The production was good,Danny´s drumming was better than ever etc.etc
But the rest of the album just doesn't do it for me.

Of course there is a couple of good songs on the album (it's Tool for god sake) such as Wings/10,000 days and Right in Two.
But the rest is awful.
I am so sad about this.
Both Aenima and Lateralus are the best records ever made.

I think Tool has lost it,and that makes me so sad because Tool is my favorite band.

Tool won't release another album this year, because why would they tour for more than a month with 10,000 days before 6/6 ?

I just have to deal with it.
This is Tools step back, worst release and the end of their place at the top.

I will buy the album anyway just to support the band,but i think they could have made 10,000 times better.

Damn it
Why don't you hold your breath until the actual release! The better quality of the CD might change your mind. I find it hard to believe that in 30 listens you have heard everything. Evidently you haven't. by the way, the end of what? Your fanship? Later.
04-26-2006, 09:08 AM

The way I see it, if you don't like the album, don't listen to it.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:08 AM   #45
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

The way I see it, if you don't like the album, don't listen to it.
OFFLINE |  
ProdigyDub's Avatar ProdigyDub
04-26-2006, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcawhorlick
But these same people were able to avoid laziness when enjoying other Tool albums?
I dont understand how that could be the case. There's definitely a drop off in quality on this album.
Yeah, there's actually not a drop off in quality just because you and a few others think that there is.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:12 AM   #46
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29

Quote:
But these same people were able to avoid laziness when enjoying other Tool albums?
I dont understand how that could be the case. There's definitely a drop off in quality on this album.
Yeah, there's actually not a drop off in quality just because you and a few others think that there is.
OFFLINE |  
wamtool
04-26-2006, 09:16 AM

Ur Damn right Spiralin!! i am disappointed too but i wud buy the album for sure just to support the band and to show them how much i respect TOOL cuz watever they have done in Lateralus and AENIMA is simply Outstanding!! i do hope TOOL would release another album soon which will be sumthing like Lateralus or even better.....I hope END is Not NEAR yet!
Old 04-26-2006, 09:16 AM   #47
Level 1 - Lurker

Ur Damn right Spiralin!! i am disappointed too but i wud buy the album for sure just to support the band and to show them how much i respect TOOL cuz watever they have done in Lateralus and AENIMA is simply Outstanding!! i do hope TOOL would release another album soon which will be sumthing like Lateralus or even better.....I hope END is Not NEAR yet!
OFFLINE |  
LesHalles
04-26-2006, 09:17 AM

Quote:

If the album gets worse w/ every listen I would suggest you stop listening to it.
Put it away...forget about it...and a day will come when you'll dust it off...put it
in your cd player and hear it w/ new ears.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:17 AM   #48
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

If the album gets worse w/ every listen I would suggest you stop listening to it.
Put it away...forget about it...and a day will come when you'll dust it off...put it
in your cd player and hear it w/ new ears.
OFFLINE |  
hereandthere's Avatar hereandthere
04-26-2006, 09:18 AM

The album is just different. It's progressive in a totally different sense than Lateralus. I find that the songs on XM, after many many listens, sound as though they are more unified thematically. That is: the instrumental parts, production choices, lyrics & vocal performances fit together better and are more relevant to each other.

I'm in no way willing to say this is better than Lateralus or Aenema....or vice versa.

And if you think the lyrics for the Pot or Rosetta Stoned are stupid, then I just think you're not really getting it. I guess Hooker With a Penis is pretty stupid lyrically too.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:18 AM   #49
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 1007

The album is just different. It's progressive in a totally different sense than Lateralus. I find that the songs on XM, after many many listens, sound as though they are more unified thematically. That is: the instrumental parts, production choices, lyrics & vocal performances fit together better and are more relevant to each other.

I'm in no way willing to say this is better than Lateralus or Aenema....or vice versa.

And if you think the lyrics for the Pot or Rosetta Stoned are stupid, then I just think you're not really getting it. I guess Hooker With a Penis is pretty stupid lyrically too.
04-26-2006, 09:50 AM

The greatest records in history start of being very controvercial at first. Many people are over looking songs like rosetta stoned and jambi. Rosetta stoned is one of the most unique things I've ever heard. If you don't like it, that's alright, but I really do hope that one day the music will finally make sense. The first time I heard the album, I didn't think of the album in terms of song by song, but rather one long piece of artwork. The only thing I dislike the album is the flow between the rest of the album and the pot. The pot is a good song, but it doesn't seem to fit well on this album.

By the way, no one ever said that MJK was the best lyricist in the world. He is very unique in his own right and he has his own style, and I think it shows on this album.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:50 AM   #50
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12

The greatest records in history start of being very controvercial at first. Many people are over looking songs like rosetta stoned and jambi. Rosetta stoned is one of the most unique things I've ever heard. If you don't like it, that's alright, but I really do hope that one day the music will finally make sense. The first time I heard the album, I didn't think of the album in terms of song by song, but rather one long piece of artwork. The only thing I dislike the album is the flow between the rest of the album and the pot. The pot is a good song, but it doesn't seem to fit well on this album.

By the way, no one ever said that MJK was the best lyricist in the world. He is very unique in his own right and he has his own style, and I think it shows on this album.
OFFLINE |  
dissonance19
04-26-2006, 09:58 AM

you think listening to it 30 times is gonna make you see what others see in liking it? That's forcing it and I just think you'll be disappointed even more doing so. I really like it so far ( I only listened to it 5-8 times in 3 days and stopped). But it's premature to say where it stacks up with the others for ANYONE. Lateralus and Aenima didn't immediately become great albums over night either. It took a while..maybe even yrs. Like this may with some. Some it may not. It's just odd with everyone forming opinions so early.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:58 AM   #51

Bincount™: 17

you think listening to it 30 times is gonna make you see what others see in liking it? That's forcing it and I just think you'll be disappointed even more doing so. I really like it so far ( I only listened to it 5-8 times in 3 days and stopped). But it's premature to say where it stacks up with the others for ANYONE. Lateralus and Aenima didn't immediately become great albums over night either. It took a while..maybe even yrs. Like this may with some. Some it may not. It's just odd with everyone forming opinions so early.
OFFLINE |  
evil agent's Avatar evil agent
04-26-2006, 11:07 AM

The thread is right.. THE END IS HERE!

It's just like the bible says about the signs of the apocalypse: More natural disasters, the rise of the Antichrist in the middle east somewhere, and Tool starts putting out bad albums. It's all happening folks, the signs are everywhere!

(jk)
Old 04-26-2006, 11:07 AM   #52
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

The thread is right.. THE END IS HERE!

It's just like the bible says about the signs of the apocalypse: More natural disasters, the rise of the Antichrist in the middle east somewhere, and Tool starts putting out bad albums. It's all happening folks, the signs are everywhere!

(jk)
OFFLINE |  
wolvie111's Avatar wolvie111
04-26-2006, 11:09 AM

Honestly the only "songs" I dislike on this album are Lipan Conjuring and Viginti Tres. Other than that I do like the album. I really haven't listened to it that much, I wanna get the cd next Tuesday, but I am looking forward to them playing some of these songs live when I see them on the 16th of May.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:09 AM   #53

Bincount™: 12

Honestly the only "songs" I dislike on this album are Lipan Conjuring and Viginti Tres. Other than that I do like the album. I really haven't listened to it that much, I wanna get the cd next Tuesday, but I am looking forward to them playing some of these songs live when I see them on the 16th of May.
OFFLINE |  
Crimson Petal
04-26-2006, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolvie111
you should really check out Lost Keys. Man that tune is a killer.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:15 AM   #54
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolvie111
you should really check out Lost Keys. Man that tune is a killer.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply