Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Apr-July 2007
User Name
Password
kabir's Avatar kabir
04-27-2007, 09:45 AM

setlist tba

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

this is the voice of original sin • take it. [attrition]

Last edited by paraflux; 05-02-2007 at 05:31 PM..
Old 04-27-2007, 09:45 AM   #1
t.d.n creator/presidenté

Bincount™: 116
2007/05/02 - San Diego, CA - Cox Arena

setlist tba

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

this is the voice of original sin • take it. [attrition]

Last edited by paraflux; 05-02-2007 at 05:31 PM..
OFFLINE |  
sonnyboy11's Avatar sonnyboy11
05-02-2007, 10:01 PM

Walkin and typin so I'll keep this short for now. Good show from the band. Maynard seemed fine vocally and we got a full set w Right In Two thrown in **(yay)**

The only down moment was when ASShole with a laser pointer kept hitting MJK in the face with it until he got so fed up he sang the final few songs w his back to us.

Dude- if you read this, I want you to. Know that if I could have found where you were you would have needed a proctologist to remove that pointer by the time I was done with ya. Asshat.

That's all for now. I'll let others chime in.

Last edited by sonnyboy11; 05-02-2007 at 10:47 PM..
Old 05-02-2007, 10:01 PM   #2
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20
Re: 2007/05/02 - San Diego, CA - Cox Arena

Walkin and typin so I'll keep this short for now. Good show from the band. Maynard seemed fine vocally and we got a full set w Right In Two thrown in **(yay)**

The only down moment was when ASShole with a laser pointer kept hitting MJK in the face with it until he got so fed up he sang the final few songs w his back to us.

Dude- if you read this, I want you to. Know that if I could have found where you were you would have needed a proctologist to remove that pointer by the time I was done with ya. Asshat.

That's all for now. I'll let others chime in.

Last edited by sonnyboy11; 05-02-2007 at 10:47 PM..
OFFLINE |  
mortiviventi
05-02-2007, 10:02 PM

This was the first tool show (9th overall) that I had gone into a bit worried. As far as I could tell, Maynard had his act together tonight. He sang nearly every word, including a few screams. Correct me if I am wrong but i think the only thing he didnt sing was the scream at the end of vicarious?

pretty sure it went...

jambi
stinkfist
46&2
lost keys/rosetta
schism
right in two
wings/10k days
lateralus
vicarious
aenima

maynard was also more talkative than the past few nights based off what I have read. the extended drum part in lateralus was awesome. to the asshole with the laser pointer all over maynard and justin during the break before wings/10kdays... i hope you die.

Last edited by mortiviventi; 05-02-2007 at 10:06 PM..
Old 05-02-2007, 10:02 PM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

This was the first tool show (9th overall) that I had gone into a bit worried. As far as I could tell, Maynard had his act together tonight. He sang nearly every word, including a few screams. Correct me if I am wrong but i think the only thing he didnt sing was the scream at the end of vicarious?

pretty sure it went...

jambi
stinkfist
46&2
lost keys/rosetta
schism
right in two
wings/10k days
lateralus
vicarious
aenima

maynard was also more talkative than the past few nights based off what I have read. the extended drum part in lateralus was awesome. to the asshole with the laser pointer all over maynard and justin during the break before wings/10kdays... i hope you die.

Last edited by mortiviventi; 05-02-2007 at 10:06 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Poolzer's Avatar Poolzer
05-02-2007, 10:05 PM

the guy that yelled at keenan during wings pissed him off too and keenan retorts (not exact quote) 'sing a song about a dead mother and someones drinking beer and yells at you, nice!'

great show overall, happy with the setlist, crowd wasnt as loud as I expected but into it more in the end.

Will be there tomorrow, hopfully with a 2-3 song mix up.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:05 PM   #4
SAR DeathCheater (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 3

the guy that yelled at keenan during wings pissed him off too and keenan retorts (not exact quote) 'sing a song about a dead mother and someones drinking beer and yells at you, nice!'

great show overall, happy with the setlist, crowd wasnt as loud as I expected but into it more in the end.

Will be there tomorrow, hopfully with a 2-3 song mix up.
05-02-2007, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolzer View Post
yeah but thankfully he shut up once they actually got into the song.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:07 PM   #5
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
yeah but thankfully he shut up once they actually got into the song.
OFFLINE |  
jeebbus
05-02-2007, 10:50 PM

A fantastic show overall!! The laser show was off the chains!

After Vicarious Maynard yells "That just happened!" It was awesome.

I was a bit nervous going in reading the reviews of past shows but it turned out to be the opposite. Perfection visual and the audio was insane too!

And yes, to the asshole who had a laser - Go to hell. Plain and simple.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:50 PM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

A fantastic show overall!! The laser show was off the chains!

I was a bit nervous going in reading the reviews of past shows but it turned out to be the opposite. Perfection visual and the audio was insane too!

And yes, to the asshole who had a laser - Go to hell. Plain and simple.
OFFLINE |  
spicolli's Avatar spicolli
05-02-2007, 11:08 PM

it was me with the laser pointer.....

haha just kiddin...

Insane show, only part that woulda made it better woulda been if the played stuff from undertow and opiate
"Ever heard of Jesus, or Buddha, or Christna, or Muhammad? Any of those guys? They had some pretty good ideas. Then there agents, started trying to make some money on em, and fucked everything up. Never trust an agent. This songs about those agents."
Old 05-02-2007, 11:08 PM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

it was me with the laser pointer.....

haha just kiddin...

Insane show, only part that woulda made it better woulda been if the played stuff from undertow and opiate
"Ever heard of Jesus, or Buddha, or Christna, or Muhammad? Any of those guys? They had some pretty good ideas. Then there agents, started trying to make some money on em, and fucked everything up. Never trust an agent. This songs about those agents."
OFFLINE |  
sonnyboy11's Avatar sonnyboy11
05-02-2007, 11:12 PM

I think maybe I should have been ready for somewhat of an energy let down after the insane crowds in Vegas. But that aside, SD crowd was just a little too sedated for my taste. The people in front of me were statues the entire time- it's TOOL fer chrissakes!

I was really happy to get Right In Two. Been a while since I have heard that one. Wings 1 and 2 has really morphed into the show stopper I hoped it could be. The combo of the music and the lasers was really working well tonight.

Agree that the oinly part Maynard skipped was the altro in Vicarious. He was spot on everywhere else except that I felt energy wise he did not get it going till Rosetta.

Also, Danny did his own extended solo during Lateralus (sans John Dolmayan) that I hope he keeps doing.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:12 PM   #8
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20

I think maybe I should have been ready for somewhat of an energy let down after the insane crowds in Vegas. But that aside, SD crowd was just a little too sedated for my taste. The people in front of me were statues the entire time- it's TOOL fer chrissakes!

I was really happy to get Right In Two. Been a while since I have heard that one. Wings 1 and 2 has really morphed into the show stopper I hoped it could be. The combo of the music and the lasers was really working well tonight.

Agree that the oinly part Maynard skipped was the altro in Vicarious. He was spot on everywhere else except that I felt energy wise he did not get it going till Rosetta.

Also, Danny did his own extended solo during Lateralus (sans John Dolmayan) that I hope he keeps doing.
OFFLINE |  
aventari's Avatar aventari
05-02-2007, 11:17 PM

Wow, incredible show, my 7th so far. The opening band from Seattle (forgot their name) was good, but could've used a singer. I especially liked their first and last songs. Then when Tool came on and started it off with Jambi, everone really woke up.

Two thirds of the way through, after Right In Two, Danny got up and sat in front of his drum with an ice pack on his right arm. We were pretty worried that he messed up his arm and might not be able to play anymore. The band was talking together with him and that chode with the laser pointer was shining it on them. Good idea numbnuts, the band might not be able to finish the show so shine a laser on them and piss them off :rolleyes:

Luckily Danny got up and continued, but not before he threw his icepack into the crowd. Hilarious stuff.

46&2 was wonderful but Lateralis was my favorite song of the night as usual. The energy was intoxicating. My seats in section G row 12 were suprisingly good and I can't wait for section CCC tommorow :)

Great show, A+++++++, would attend again.

Last edited by aventari; 05-02-2007 at 11:19 PM..
Old 05-02-2007, 11:17 PM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

Wow, incredible show, my 7th so far. The opening band from Seattle (forgot their name) was good, but could've used a singer. I especially liked their first and last songs. Then when Tool came on and started it off with Jambi, everone really woke up.

Two thirds of the way through, after Right In Two, Danny got up and sat in front of his drum with an ice pack on his right arm. We were pretty worried that he messed up his arm and might not be able to play anymore. The band was talking together with him and that chode with the laser pointer was shining it on them. Good idea numbnuts, the band might not be able to finish the show so shine a laser on them and piss them off :rolleyes:

Luckily Danny got up and continued, but not before he threw his icepack into the crowd. Hilarious stuff.

46&2 was wonderful but Lateralis was my favorite song of the night as usual. The energy was intoxicating. My seats in section G row 12 were suprisingly good and I can't wait for section CCC tommorow :)

Great show, A+++++++, would attend again.

Last edited by aventari; 05-02-2007 at 11:19 PM..
OFFLINE |  
toolxxx420
05-02-2007, 11:18 PM

WOW. This show just got over about 2 hours ago and I can't hear a God damn thing. The laser pointer was gay and I hope that fucker burns in hell. What a set list! I was disappointed they didn't play 'The Pot' with all of the laser lights and marijuana smoke in the air...but to hear Wings for Marie and 10,000 Days back to back was absolutely incredible.

I last saw them last year at Coachella and I'm almost certain this set was much longer (about 2 hours). They only took a short break on stage...

Is it just me or did anyone get scared when the break occurred? I thought Danny might have re-injured his arm or something...apparently I haven't done my homework on their little on-stage 'ritual' break-time.

By the way, in case you're retarded, ROSETTA STONED absolutely rocks...it was great to see it live and LOUD.

Excellent show all the way through. Third time I've seen them and this was the best show I've seen. The only thing better would have been to tear that fucking roof off of COX Arena and have a little outdoor fun.

TOOL is the greatest band that has ever lived. Enough said.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:18 PM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

WOW. This show just got over about 2 hours ago and I can't hear a God damn thing. The laser pointer was gay and I hope that fucker burns in hell. What a set list! I was disappointed they didn't play 'The Pot' with all of the laser lights and marijuana smoke in the air...but to hear Wings for Marie and 10,000 Days back to back was absolutely incredible.

I last saw them last year at Coachella and I'm almost certain this set was much longer (about 2 hours). They only took a short break on stage...

Is it just me or did anyone get scared when the break occurred? I thought Danny might have re-injured his arm or something...apparently I haven't done my homework on their little on-stage 'ritual' break-time.

By the way, in case you're retarded, ROSETTA STONED absolutely rocks...it was great to see it live and LOUD.

Excellent show all the way through. Third time I've seen them and this was the best show I've seen. The only thing better would have been to tear that fucking roof off of COX Arena and have a little outdoor fun.

TOOL is the greatest band that has ever lived. Enough said.
OFFLINE |  
Lestat
05-02-2007, 11:41 PM

great show, the reno reviews had me worried but maynard was out there singing, dancing, and swaying. All members seemed pretty much flawless.

What was the guy behind danny's drum kit doing? During Right in Two he was moving around a lot, seemed to be sounding some electronic bass hits back there.

Had 3rd row seats in AAA and was interesting to watch Adam do the talk box solo in Jambi.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:41 PM   #11
Level 4 - Thinker

great show, the reno reviews had me worried but maynard was out there singing, dancing, and swaying. All members seemed pretty much flawless.

What was the guy behind danny's drum kit doing? During Right in Two he was moving around a lot, seemed to be sounding some electronic bass hits back there.

Had 3rd row seats in AAA and was interesting to watch Adam do the talk box solo in Jambi.
OFFLINE |  
TFAN
05-02-2007, 11:43 PM

Awesome show!! Excited to see it again tommorrow night.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:43 PM   #12
Level 2 - Poster

Awesome show!! Excited to see it again tommorrow night.
OFFLINE |  
Carny_Handles's Avatar Carny_Handles
05-02-2007, 11:51 PM

^right on! I was in the second row section AAA. I thought the show was amazing. I've never been that close to tool, i've seen them 9 times now and it was one of the best. I really liked the 10kd/wings duo, alot better live. Also i noticed Maynard actually uses the keyboard thing, i heard some ambient synth noises during vicarious. The setlist was really good i.m.o, hearing right in two wings/10kd then lateralus feels right. In fact lateralus after 10kd is really amazing.

The sound was incredible.

Great show guys!

Oh yeah, one more memory before I go to bed. Maynard was 'shooting' the crowd during the beginning of jambi, I thought that was odd/funny. Then he posed like a ninja trying to shoot a blue fireball from his palms.

Tonight being so close to maynard made me realize he has some hunter s thompson movements while on stage.

Last edited by Carny_Handles; 05-03-2007 at 12:17 AM..
Old 05-02-2007, 11:51 PM   #13
seeyouauntie

Bincount™: 8695

^right on! I was in the second row section AAA. I thought the show was amazing. I've never been that close to tool, i've seen them 9 times now and it was one of the best. I really liked the 10kd/wings duo, alot better live. Also i noticed Maynard actually uses the keyboard thing, i heard some ambient synth noises during vicarious. The setlist was really good i.m.o, hearing right in two wings/10kd then lateralus feels right. In fact lateralus after 10kd is really amazing.

The sound was incredible.

Great show guys!

Oh yeah, one more memory before I go to bed. Maynard was 'shooting' the crowd during the beginning of jambi, I thought that was odd/funny. Then he posed like a ninja trying to shoot a blue fireball from his palms.

Tonight being so close to maynard made me realize he has some hunter s thompson movements while on stage.

Last edited by Carny_Handles; 05-03-2007 at 12:17 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Carny_Handles's Avatar Carny_Handles
05-02-2007, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortiviventi View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but i think the only thing he didnt sing was the scream at the end of vicarious?
He also didnt sing the lalalallalaalaa part of that song, which I didnt mind.. I always hated that part. He didnt sing some parts of jambi either.

PS the guy who started the wave is my hero.

pss, maynard changed a lyric in wings. Instead of "its time for us to let you go" he sung, "its for me to let you go" I got a chill when he said that.

Last edited by Carny_Handles; 05-03-2007 at 12:01 AM..
Old 05-02-2007, 11:53 PM   #14
seeyouauntie

Bincount™: 8695

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortiviventi View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but i think the only thing he didnt sing was the scream at the end of vicarious?
He also didnt sing the lalalallalaalaa part of that song, which I didnt mind.. I always hated that part. He didnt sing some parts of jambi either.

PS the guy who started the wave is my hero.

pss, maynard changed a lyric in wings. Instead of "its time for us to let you go" he sung, "its for me to let you go" I got a chill when he said that.

Last edited by Carny_Handles; 05-03-2007 at 12:01 AM..
OFFLINE |  
kaneandy
05-03-2007, 12:56 AM

I think the setlist actually went something like this...
Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
Schism...
Key/Rosetta...
RIGHT IN TWO!!!!!
Wings parts one and two...Highlight for me...
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenema....

It was one aweome SHOW!!! I just got net access so it took me long enough to get this damn thing posted....Holy shit I still can't believe that happened FUCKERS!!! Maynard has got it together now he was on top of it all...He let the crowd scream Vicarious but he did scream Much better you then I....I did get chills when he sang it's time for me to let you go instead of us....I got chills during the whole show...The opening band although not the highlight of the evening was still good they had a mice deep grove to them...Maynard seemed to come out of whatever shell he was in in Nevada cause he joked with the crowd in making a few "announcements" people who were there know what I am talking about...GREAT SHOW!!! Everything was perfect except for the asshole with the lazer beam, beaming it at the band when they were trying to take a break...
Old 05-03-2007, 12:56 AM   #15
Level 4 - Thinker

I think the setlist actually went something like this...
Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
Schism...
Key/Rosetta...
RIGHT IN TWO!!!!!
Wings parts one and two...Highlight for me...
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenema....

It was one aweome SHOW!!! I just got net access so it took me long enough to get this damn thing posted....Holy shit I still can't believe that happened FUCKERS!!! Maynard has got it together now he was on top of it all...He let the crowd scream Vicarious but he did scream Much better you then I....I did get chills when he sang it's time for me to let you go instead of us....I got chills during the whole show...The opening band although not the highlight of the evening was still good they had a mice deep grove to them...Maynard seemed to come out of whatever shell he was in in Nevada cause he joked with the crowd in making a few "announcements" people who were there know what I am talking about...GREAT SHOW!!! Everything was perfect except for the asshole with the lazer beam, beaming it at the band when they were trying to take a break...
OFFLINE |  
SpiralingDown
05-03-2007, 01:15 AM

Well this show completes my tour as of now. (Went to both Vegas shows) I wont be there tomorrow, but I wish I could be. My 8th show overall, and a good one. The Cox Arena sounded pretty good to my surprise, and Maynard was alot clearer tonight as well. The dickhead with the laser should rot in hell.......
Old 05-03-2007, 01:15 AM   #16
Level 4 - Thinker

Well this show completes my tour as of now. (Went to both Vegas shows) I wont be there tomorrow, but I wish I could be. My 8th show overall, and a good one. The Cox Arena sounded pretty good to my surprise, and Maynard was alot clearer tonight as well. The dickhead with the laser should rot in hell.......
OFFLINE |  
littlejason
05-03-2007, 02:42 AM

From where i was i didn't even notice the laser pointer.

I saw them in Bakersfield and LA last year and, in my opinion, this was way better than both of those shows. My 3rd Tool show and by FAR the best. I was with a friend who hadn't seen them before and he leaned over me right after Wings ended and said, "How can i ever see another show again?" Oh, and the quote before Wings was:

"I know when i hear a song about somebody's dead mother i like to drink beer and holler."

The fact that he chose the word "holler" is what got me laughing, so i made sure to remember the quote. Also the anniversary and birthday shout outs ending with "and so-and-so your whole family has died in a terrible accident, enjoy the show!" was a good time.

Maynard seemed to be having a great time tonight. Lateralus shined brightly, best of the 3 times i've seen it by far. Same goes for Rosetta, Rosetta at the first LA show was lacking a bit for me and this was everything i was hoping it would be. First time i've heard Lost Keys live. I'm hoping they do one more round of shows with retrospective material. This is a great set list and i've loved it all 3 times, but i would like to see some other songs eventually.

On the way back to Orange County, about half way home we remembered that there was an opening band.

So i definately give this an A+ rating.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:42 AM   #17
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

From where i was i didn't even notice the laser pointer.

I saw them in Bakersfield and LA last year and, in my opinion, this was way better than both of those shows. My 3rd Tool show and by FAR the best. I was with a friend who hadn't seen them before and he leaned over me right after Wings ended and said, "How can i ever see another show again?" Oh, and the quote before Wings was:

"I know when i hear a song about somebody's dead mother i like to drink beer and holler."

The fact that he chose the word "holler" is what got me laughing, so i made sure to remember the quote. Also the anniversary and birthday shout outs ending with "and so-and-so your whole family has died in a terrible accident, enjoy the show!" was a good time.

Maynard seemed to be having a great time tonight. Lateralus shined brightly, best of the 3 times i've seen it by far. Same goes for Rosetta, Rosetta at the first LA show was lacking a bit for me and this was everything i was hoping it would be. First time i've heard Lost Keys live. I'm hoping they do one more round of shows with retrospective material. This is a great set list and i've loved it all 3 times, but i would like to see some other songs eventually.

On the way back to Orange County, about half way home we remembered that there was an opening band.

So i definately give this an A+ rating.
OFFLINE |  
EGG-MAN's Avatar EGG-MAN
05-03-2007, 06:19 AM

Danny killed Right in Two...
Old 05-03-2007, 06:19 AM   #18
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

05-03-2007, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGG-MAN View Post
Needless to say I did not stay in my assinged seat, and I was sidestage Justin's side and was looking down on Danny the whole show.

And you my friend are right. Danny killed EVERYTHING last night...

d
Old 05-03-2007, 07:28 AM   #19
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGG-MAN View Post
Needless to say I did not stay in my assinged seat, and I was sidestage Justin's side and was looking down on Danny the whole show.

And you my friend are right. Danny killed EVERYTHING last night...

d
OFFLINE |  
Goad
05-03-2007, 07:28 AM

Quote:
That guy was litterally sitting in the seat next to me (first row of section CCC).....him and his buddy were asshats durring the entire show.....head banging, claping off beat, pounding their fists in the air, screaming, etc....durring wings!?!

For those of you dont know, the guy yelled "we fucking love you man!" right when it was dead silent.

The quote from maynard was exactly this

"a song about peoples dead mothers makes me want to drink beer and holler"

too bad there was no beer served at the venue....maybe that was a good thing

And a big "fuck you" to the bitch who whistled obnoxiously loud like a drunken immagrant through the entire set. I hope you dont have tickets for tonights show.

I will be there again tonight, but in the stands. Hopefully not bothered by people who have no clue what tool is about and are only there cuz its the hot ticket in town ....which seemed to be what most of the people in the front were ie - people who think they are someone important like some no name radio dj cunt)

anyways, sorry about the long winded rant....i just woke up and im groggy.....im gunna go lay by the hotel pool and drink some fruity drinks with little umbrellas in it, maybe it will cheer me up.

PS - id like to see them play the pot tonight!
Old 05-03-2007, 07:28 AM   #20
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 18

Quote:
That guy was litterally sitting in the seat next to me (first row of section CCC).....him and his buddy were asshats durring the entire show.....head banging, claping off beat, pounding their fists in the air, screaming, etc....durring wings!?!

For those of you dont know, the guy yelled "we fucking love you man!" right when it was dead silent.

The quote from maynard was exactly this

"a song about peoples dead mothers makes me want to drink beer and holler"

too bad there was no beer served at the venue....maybe that was a good thing

And a big "fuck you" to the bitch who whistled obnoxiously loud like a drunken immagrant through the entire set. I hope you dont have tickets for tonights show.

I will be there again tonight, but in the stands. Hopefully not bothered by people who have no clue what tool is about and are only there cuz its the hot ticket in town ....which seemed to be what most of the people in the front were ie - people who think they are someone important like some no name radio dj cunt)

anyways, sorry about the long winded rant....i just woke up and im groggy.....im gunna go lay by the hotel pool and drink some fruity drinks with little umbrellas in it, maybe it will cheer me up.

PS - id like to see them play the pot tonight!
OFFLINE |  
Cid's Avatar Cid
05-03-2007, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebbus View Post
best part of the show by far. THAT JUST HAPPENED!

15th tool show. definitely not the best setlist, sound, visuals, etc, but it was tool so it was still pretty good.
10/23/07 OiNK Never Forget
Old 05-03-2007, 08:19 AM   #21
Cid
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebbus View Post
best part of the show by far. THAT JUST HAPPENED!

15th tool show. definitely not the best setlist, sound, visuals, etc, but it was tool so it was still pretty good.
10/23/07 OiNK Never Forget
OFFLINE |  
aventari's Avatar aventari
05-03-2007, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goad View Post
hahaha We saw those guys and figured they were probably on something
Old 05-03-2007, 08:22 AM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
hahaha We saw those guys and figured they were probably on something
OFFLINE |  
big mark
05-03-2007, 08:38 AM

Danny is a fuckin machine...he doesnt stop and i love it...light show was great durin wings/10k...the guy with the laser pointer has no respect and should be banned from all tool shows...but all in all it was one of the better tool shows i have been to.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:38 AM   #23
Level 1 - Lurker

Danny is a fuckin machine...he doesnt stop and i love it...light show was great durin wings/10k...the guy with the laser pointer has no respect and should be banned from all tool shows...but all in all it was one of the better tool shows i have been to.
OFFLINE |  
SuperSteve's Avatar SuperSteve
05-03-2007, 08:41 AM

It was a great show. I was a little bummed with the set list, but everything sounded good. The extended parts were awesome.

Hey, and now it's my birthday. Not a bad night.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:41 AM   #24
Suicide Booth ID: 18

Bincount™: 536

It was a great show. I was a little bummed with the set list, but everything sounded good. The extended parts were awesome.

OFFLINE |  
spicolli's Avatar spicolli
05-03-2007, 09:10 AM

yeah, the only thing that coulda made this show better woulda been if they played some stuff off undertow or opiate
Old 05-03-2007, 09:10 AM   #25
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

yeah, the only thing that coulda made this show better woulda been if they played some stuff off undertow or opiate
OFFLINE |  
Friggy
05-03-2007, 09:25 AM

Quote:

A big fuckin' AMEN to that. I had the Delta PI crew in front of me who couldn't keep time if you crammed a metronome up their asses and chain smoking through the whole show.

This was my first Tool show and I was not disappointed! Danny blew me away, amazing.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:25 AM   #26
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:

A big fuckin' AMEN to that. I had the Delta PI crew in front of me who couldn't keep time if you crammed a metronome up their asses and chain smoking through the whole show.

This was my first Tool show and I was not disappointed! Danny blew me away, amazing.
OFFLINE |  
bobzrag's Avatar bobzrag
05-03-2007, 09:37 AM

another awesome show from TOOL - of course, but the wave at a concert? wtf?!
Old 05-03-2007, 09:37 AM   #27
Level 1 - Lurker

OFFLINE |  
05-03-2007, 09:48 AM

Haha, the wave was great.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:48 AM   #28

Haha, the wave was great.
OFFLINE |  
loafstone's Avatar loafstone
05-03-2007, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSteve View Post

Now it's my birthday, too.

It was a great show. I agree that Maynard was a little mellow. I didn't notice the laser, but glad it didn't completely end the show.

I was in AAA row 3, right in the center, so this was the first time that I was about to really see the interaction between all of them.

Lateralus absolutely rocked. My fav song in the whole wide world.

Everything was awesome and nothing sucked.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:53 AM   #29
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSteve View Post

Now it's my birthday, too.

It was a great show. I agree that Maynard was a little mellow. I didn't notice the laser, but glad it didn't completely end the show.

I was in AAA row 3, right in the center, so this was the first time that I was about to really see the interaction between all of them.

Lateralus absolutely rocked. My fav song in the whole wide world.

Everything was awesome and nothing sucked.
OFFLINE |  
Stratos's Avatar Stratos
05-03-2007, 09:56 AM

Awesome show. Best one I've been to from the new Tour. (Coachella/Vegas May 06/Street Scene.) Lots of improvements to the stage and lighting and the new videos were great. Loved the alien stuff during Rosetta Stoned. Here are some pics from the front. (unfortunately a little fuzzy.)

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/7025/image017ac9.jpg
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/3769/image021kz3.jpg
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/9494/image022eg4.jpg
Old 05-03-2007, 09:56 AM   #30
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Awesome show. Best one I've been to from the new Tour. (Coachella/Vegas May 06/Street Scene.) Lots of improvements to the stage and lighting and the new videos were great. Loved the alien stuff during Rosetta Stoned. Here are some pics from the front. (unfortunately a little fuzzy.)

mortiviventi
05-03-2007, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzrag View Post
hahahah i loved the wave
Old 05-03-2007, 10:00 AM   #31
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
hahahah i loved the wave
OFFLINE |  
sonicanimal6
05-03-2007, 10:32 AM

About the wave: I cracked up at the fact that it went 3 times very well, and then it just became random arms in the crowd going up.

About the show: Really, it was just a beautiful sight, despite the crowd incessantly whistling during the start of Wings for Marie. Very nice solo from Danny, saying to some I'm sure, "Just in case you had any doubts that I'm still the drum God that I am, here ya go."
Old 05-03-2007, 10:32 AM   #32
Level 4 - Thinker

About the wave: I cracked up at the fact that it went 3 times very well, and then it just became random arms in the crowd going up.

About the show: Really, it was just a beautiful sight, despite the crowd incessantly whistling during the start of Wings for Marie. Very nice solo from Danny, saying to some I'm sure, "Just in case you had any doubts that I'm still the drum God that I am, here ya go."
OFFLINE |  
waldomero
05-03-2007, 10:44 AM

the show was fucking great.i saw tool last september at the staples center and i think this show was much better.

edit: i hate myself,cuz i will not be able to go to the show of tonight:(

Last edited by waldomero; 05-03-2007 at 10:50 AM..
Old 05-03-2007, 10:44 AM   #33
Level 3 - Talker

the show was fucking great.i saw tool last september at the staples center and i think this show was much better.

edit: i hate myself,cuz i will not be able to go to the show of tonight:(

Last edited by waldomero; 05-03-2007 at 10:50 AM..
OFFLINE |  
kaneandy
05-03-2007, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post

Wo dude thanks for the pics mlets me remember that I was there and it was great THANKS!!!
Old 05-03-2007, 11:10 AM   #34
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post

Wo dude thanks for the pics mlets me remember that I was there and it was great THANKS!!!
OFFLINE |  
kaneandy
05-03-2007, 11:23 AM

I don't know if I want to admit this, but 10,000 Days was definitely the highlight for me overall including Lateralus... I wanted to cry during both songs...IN 10,000 Days I know why because of the meaning of the song to Maynard and overall it being an awesome story of lyrical genius....In Lateralus I am not sure but I think it was because I was there, listening to TOOL, and soaking it all in, a tear did reach my eye when he started to sing "with my feet upon the ground..." it was so amazing...Maynard and TOOL as a band I have a new respect for those guys they gave there hearts out to that crowd in San Diego, hope the same for tonight, the group hug at the end was just amazing....
Old 05-03-2007, 11:23 AM   #35
Level 4 - Thinker

I don't know if I want to admit this, but 10,000 Days was definitely the highlight for me overall including Lateralus... I wanted to cry during both songs...IN 10,000 Days I know why because of the meaning of the song to Maynard and overall it being an awesome story of lyrical genius....In Lateralus I am not sure but I think it was because I was there, listening to TOOL, and soaking it all in, a tear did reach my eye when he started to sing "with my feet upon the ground..." it was so amazing...Maynard and TOOL as a band I have a new respect for those guys they gave there hearts out to that crowd in San Diego, hope the same for tonight, the group hug at the end was just amazing....
OFFLINE |  
Pure As We Begin's Avatar Pure As We Begin
05-03-2007, 12:01 PM

This was my first time seeing Tool live and it was an amazing experience for me. I loved the setlist also, they played every song that I was really hoping they would, especially Right in Two! Visuals were outstanding, and the seat I had wasn't bad, I could see their faces pretty well when the lights were on them. I didn't even notice that someone pointed a laser in MJKs face though. I think he was pretty cool about it though, cuz he still had his sense of humour afterwards.

"That just happened! Peace out fuckers! See ya tomorrow!"

I have to see them again. Have to.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:01 PM   #36
Level 4 - Thinker

This was my first time seeing Tool live and it was an amazing experience for me. I loved the setlist also, they played every song that I was really hoping they would, especially Right in Two! Visuals were outstanding, and the seat I had wasn't bad, I could see their faces pretty well when the lights were on them. I didn't even notice that someone pointed a laser in MJKs face though. I think he was pretty cool about it though, cuz he still had his sense of humour afterwards.

"That just happened! Peace out fuckers! See ya tomorrow!"

I have to see them again. Have to.
OFFLINE |  
05-03-2007, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneandy View Post
I'd have to agree with you.

Last night felt like an out of body experience or something. When the big white screen dropped to reveal the huge 10k days face hallway thing and the music was flowing it was just an amazing thing to witness. Musically and visually.

I really wish I was seeing them again tonight.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:00 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneandy View Post
I'd have to agree with you.

Last night felt like an out of body experience or something. When the big white screen dropped to reveal the huge 10k days face hallway thing and the music was flowing it was just an amazing thing to witness. Musically and visually.

I really wish I was seeing them again tonight.
OFFLINE |  
Fireblade
05-03-2007, 01:03 PM

Great show, but I'm consistently disappointed with the sound quality at Cox. Aren't there any better large venues in San Diego? Everywhere else I've seen Tool has been better, with Red Rocks near Denver probably being the best. Oh well.

It was awesome to get Right in Two. Only saw them at Coachella since 10,000 Days was released, and they didn't play it there. A little disappointed that we didn't get The Pot or anything from Undertow / Opiate, though.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:03 PM   #38
Level 1 - Lurker

Great show, but I'm consistently disappointed with the sound quality at Cox. Aren't there any better large venues in San Diego? Everywhere else I've seen Tool has been better, with Red Rocks near Denver probably being the best. Oh well.

It was awesome to get Right in Two. Only saw them at Coachella since 10,000 Days was released, and they didn't play it there. A little disappointed that we didn't get The Pot or anything from Undertow / Opiate, though.
OFFLINE |  
OldSkooL's Avatar OldSkooL
05-03-2007, 01:07 PM

Amazing Show..........
dannys arm appeared to healed better then before. the drum solo in Laturalus proved it ,
it seems over the years Maynard has voiced his opinions less and less during songs . i miss his lil rants and raves during the songs
this was my 14th show from 93'-07'
and ranked very high on my list ,
Im not too sure why they would play Pushit during there sound check and not for the show , I also missed hearing the extended stinkfist,
i liked how maynard turned the mic to the crowd for the part in Vicarious kind of a nice way to interact with the fans,

just one question ?
how does an old skool fan get front row tickets?
with out beating a kid (you know the one that wears his new tool shirt ) who won them from some gay ass radio station?
Old 05-03-2007, 01:07 PM   #39
Level 2 - Poster

Amazing Show..........
dannys arm appeared to healed better then before. the drum solo in Laturalus proved it ,
it seems over the years Maynard has voiced his opinions less and less during songs . i miss his lil rants and raves during the songs
this was my 14th show from 93'-07'
and ranked very high on my list ,
Im not too sure why they would play Pushit during there sound check and not for the show , I also missed hearing the extended stinkfist,
i liked how maynard turned the mic to the crowd for the part in Vicarious kind of a nice way to interact with the fans,

just one question ?
how does an old skool fan get front row tickets?
with out beating a kid (you know the one that wears his new tool shirt ) who won them from some gay ass radio station?
OldSkooL's Avatar OldSkooL
05-03-2007, 01:10 PM

Quote:
yeah WTF the wave?
i didnt think it would never come to this .......

LOL
Old 05-03-2007, 01:10 PM   #40
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
yeah WTF the wave?
i didnt think it would never come to this .......

LOL

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply