Parabola
Pushit
Schism
Intension
Forty Six & 2
Lateralus
Ænema

Reviews only. No links to bootlegs.

Last edited by kanaduh; 02-07-2012 at 08:49 PM..
Old 01-08-2012, 11:24 PM   #1
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45
02.07.2012 - Orlando, FL @ UCF Arena

*****DO NOT POST HERE UNLESS YOU WERE AT THE SHOW*****

Hooker With A Penis
Jambi
Stinkfist
Parabola
Pushit
Schism
Intension
Forty Six & 2
Lateralus
Ænema

Reviews only. No links to bootlegs.

Last edited by kanaduh; 02-07-2012 at 08:49 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
ColdLogic's Avatar ColdLogic
02-07-2012, 08:52 PM

Parabola and a drum-off. No Ticks :(

Very polished show otherwise. I hate most of the laser stuff.
Crowd was cool.
UCF leaves houselights on pointed at the exits. Kinda cross-cuts the visual show for attention.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:52 PM   #2
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 29
Re: 02.07.2012 - Orlando, FL @ UCF Arena

Parabola and a drum-off. No Ticks :(

Very polished show otherwise. I hate most of the laser stuff.
Crowd was cool.
UCF leaves houselights on pointed at the exits. Kinda cross-cuts the visual show for attention.
02-07-2012, 10:12 PM

Old 02-07-2012, 10:12 PM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

Vayu
02-07-2012, 10:31 PM

Great Show! Maynard was dialed in tonight, hit every note, and the whole band seemed into it. The guy next to me was a master air guitarist and his performance was epic. The girl behind us was handing out twizzlers. The crowd was very laid back and into it, and the whole place was fist pumping during stinkfist "Till I.... feel... something". Good vibes. I'd like to see updated visuals on the backdrop sets but thats irrelevant to the music, which was great. Tool must like Orlando - maybe they are excited about hitting up Disney. Very cool to hear Parabola - would gladly take it over sober/ticks and leeches. Sweet performance. Catch them while you can.

Last edited by Vayu; 02-07-2012 at 10:32 PM..
Old 02-07-2012, 10:31 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Great Show! Maynard was dialed in tonight, hit every note, and the whole band seemed into it. The guy next to me was a master air guitarist and his performance was epic. The girl behind us was handing out twizzlers. The crowd was very laid back and into it, and the whole place was fist pumping during stinkfist "Till I.... feel... something". Good vibes. I'd like to see updated visuals on the backdrop sets but thats irrelevant to the music, which was great. Tool must like Orlando - maybe they are excited about hitting up Disney. Very cool to hear Parabola - would gladly take it over sober/ticks and leeches. Sweet performance. Catch them while you can.

Last edited by Vayu; 02-07-2012 at 10:32 PM..
ballman17
02-08-2012, 04:31 AM

Show was on point. Maynard said the usual "We made this song before you were sperm" but then digressed saying he wasn't suggesting that the crowd pro creates during the concert. Pushit was the highlight of the night in my opinion. Drum off included guest bassist as well, which I'm assuming was from YOB.

UCF please get some black out curtains for your hallways and dim the lights in the suites. I've never been to a venue that was so lit up while the concert is going on, took away from some of the vibe/light show.
Orlando, FL February 7 2012

Last edited by ballman17; 02-08-2012 at 04:36 AM..
Old 02-08-2012, 04:31 AM   #5
Level 3 - Talker

Show was on point. Maynard said the usual "We made this song before you were sperm" but then digressed saying he wasn't suggesting that the crowd pro creates during the concert. Pushit was the highlight of the night in my opinion. Drum off included guest bassist as well, which I'm assuming was from YOB.

UCF please get some black out curtains for your hallways and dim the lights in the suites. I've never been to a venue that was so lit up while the concert is going on, took away from some of the vibe/light show.
Orlando, FL February 7 2012

Last edited by ballman17; 02-08-2012 at 04:36 AM..
Dispoflection
02-08-2012, 06:48 AM

Good show. Better than 07 and 09. But it’s hard not to be taken seriously when Aenima is so dominant. Pushit and Lateralus were much better than usual. Very tight. HWAP is obviously special.

Long gone are the guys who brought us celestial ecstasy in 2001. And the bad-asses of 98 who dominated with controlled aggression.

Many pros and cons to last night’s show. (Danny was perfect as always.)
Pros: got to hear Adam cranked to 10 for the first time. Cons: Justin was up to 11.
I was getting more bass distortion than actual notes. That flat, warbled buzz ruined all chances for a bass-guitar harmony. I’d be pissed if that was my first Tool show. Maybe I was just too close to the speakers. Parabola is usually a highlight, but not this time. Luckily, I know it was the soundboard guy who muffed it, not the band. Again, I might have been too close, but I was really expecting to get a correction at any moment. The small venue is also a culprit, no doubt. Intension was a let-down for me personally. I was expecting more from it. Other than that, everyone liked the new material and the slight changes in each song. Overall very satisfying, and time flew by faster than ever.

I’m not sure what to expect from the next album – or the next tour. Here’s hoping for a great Schism-free set that runs longer than 99 minutes.

Good show.

Last edited by Dispoflection; 02-08-2012 at 06:57 AM..
Old 02-08-2012, 06:48 AM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

Good show. Better than 07 and 09. But it’s hard not to be taken seriously when Aenima is so dominant. Pushit and Lateralus were much better than usual. Very tight. HWAP is obviously special.

Long gone are the guys who brought us celestial ecstasy in 2001. And the bad-asses of 98 who dominated with controlled aggression.

Many pros and cons to last night’s show. (Danny was perfect as always.)
Pros: got to hear Adam cranked to 10 for the first time. Cons: Justin was up to 11.
I was getting more bass distortion than actual notes. That flat, warbled buzz ruined all chances for a bass-guitar harmony. I’d be pissed if that was my first Tool show. Maybe I was just too close to the speakers. Parabola is usually a highlight, but not this time. Luckily, I know it was the soundboard guy who muffed it, not the band. Again, I might have been too close, but I was really expecting to get a correction at any moment. The small venue is also a culprit, no doubt. Intension was a let-down for me personally. I was expecting more from it. Other than that, everyone liked the new material and the slight changes in each song. Overall very satisfying, and time flew by faster than ever.

I’m not sure what to expect from the next album – or the next tour. Here’s hoping for a great Schism-free set that runs longer than 99 minutes.

Good show.

Last edited by Dispoflection; 02-08-2012 at 06:57 AM..
ScubaTwinn's Avatar ScubaTwinn
02-08-2012, 08:50 AM

Best. Show. Ever.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:50 AM   #7
Level 3 - Talker

Best. Show. Ever.
02-08-2012, 09:20 AM

Sat in section 202, directly behind the soundboard and on the second level. I have to say this is the best they've sounded out of all the times I've seen them. They were super tight. I'm not going to complain about the setlist, because just getting to see these guys play is an experience in itself....I could have taken about 4 more songs though...lol. TBH I always try to get seats behind the soundboard because that's where the best sound and lights are obviously.

My only complaint about the entire show was the chick dancing right in front of me (the only one standing in the entire section) for the first couple of songs. Luckily she was cool, when I tapped her on her shoulder and she understood and sat down.

I can honestly say this was the best I've seen them play. Tons of energy, great tight sound, and it really looked like they were digging it up on stage. Congrats for an amazing show.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

Sat in section 202, directly behind the soundboard and on the second level. I have to say this is the best they've sounded out of all the times I've seen them. They were super tight. I'm not going to complain about the setlist, because just getting to see these guys play is an experience in itself....I could have taken about 4 more songs though...lol. TBH I always try to get seats behind the soundboard because that's where the best sound and lights are obviously.

My only complaint about the entire show was the chick dancing right in front of me (the only one standing in the entire section) for the first couple of songs. Luckily she was cool, when I tapped her on her shoulder and she understood and sat down.

I can honestly say this was the best I've seen them play. Tons of energy, great tight sound, and it really looked like they were digging it up on stage. Congrats for an amazing show.
katelyn's Avatar katelyn
02-08-2012, 09:49 AM

I just had the best multiple ear orgasm last night!!!! I am so satisfied! :)

This show was absofuckinglutely AHHHHMAZING!!!!

The band was so animated – Maynard was dancing around, Adam and Justin kept making faces at each other, Adam was grinning ear to ear like a kid on crack and Danny was going apeshit on the drums. The vibe of the whole band permeated through their music and it was just a truly incredible experience.

Setlist was sweet – Opening with HWAP was an excellent way to start the show. I appreciated the vocal changeups in the songs – Maynard’s voice is still sheer brilliance and he nailed it. The “drum off” was funny – we sat side stage (113) by Justin and he went and grabbed a beer and laid down on the side of the stage making faces at the guys. I loved hearing parabola since its one of my favorites. The energy of the crowd during Pushit was fucking crazy. The visuals and lights/lasers were slightly different this time around and completed the whole experience. I didn’t want it to end – it was far too short but I’ll take what I can get.

Adam really seemed to be on a whole different level this time – I have never seen him smile so much and look so fucking happy so good for him! Justin without his hair – I missed the locks but he still does his crazy full body convulsions while playing. Danny is just a god on the drums. Maynard actually didn’t hide this time around, was dancing around the entire time looking like he was having fun, **gasp** spoke, and cracked a few jokes. The whole band went to both sides of the stage saluted the audience after the show and took a while waving to everyone and taking it all in. They are such a sight to behold. Please don’t wait so long to come back!!!!
Old 02-08-2012, 09:49 AM   #9
my head's like a kite!

Bincount™: 668

The band was so animated – Maynard was dancing around, Adam and Justin kept making faces at each other, Adam was grinning ear to ear like a kid on crack and Danny was going apeshit on the drums. The vibe of the whole band permeated through their music and it was just a truly incredible experience.

Setlist was sweet – Opening with HWAP was an excellent way to start the show. I appreciated the vocal changeups in the songs – Maynard’s voice is still sheer brilliance and he nailed it. The “drum off” was funny – we sat side stage (113) by Justin and he went and grabbed a beer and laid down on the side of the stage making faces at the guys. I loved hearing parabola since its one of my favorites. The energy of the crowd during Pushit was fucking crazy. The visuals and lights/lasers were slightly different this time around and completed the whole experience. I didn’t want it to end – it was far too short but I’ll take what I can get.

Adam really seemed to be on a whole different level this time – I have never seen him smile so much and look so fucking happy so good for him! Justin without his hair – I missed the locks but he still does his crazy full body convulsions while playing. Danny is just a god on the drums. Maynard actually didn’t hide this time around, was dancing around the entire time looking like he was having fun, **gasp** spoke, and cracked a few jokes. The whole band went to both sides of the stage saluted the audience after the show and took a while waving to everyone and taking it all in. They are such a sight to behold. Please don’t wait so long to come back!!!!
02-08-2012, 09:51 AM

Set list is accurate.

I was very excited to hear Parabola. One of they're best jam songs in my opinion. I'm not sure if not hearing Sober really disappointed me or not.

I was one of the 1st people in the building. Knowing the signed posters would be available after the show I still proceeded to empty my fat wallet. I even bought a Miller Lite for 6.50 to sit down and listen to YOB. I enjoyed it to be honest. I'm not into a lot of that sound even though Death Metal used to be my thing until I discovered Lateralus
when I was 16. Give this band a chance I'm certain the band did NOT just ask this band to open for them to point fingers for laughter.

Perforamence was great. They sounded beautiful from where I was sitting (section 106 row n seat 2). The venue however was smaller then my 1st TOOL show at the Amway. As others have said the event staff were a bit to much. Bothering people during the show for cell phones regardless if they were just texting or recording. Yea there were some errors in actual playing, but this band is extremely talented regardless. I've been following the other reviews for earlier shows since th tour started (to know where and when to empt my fat wallet.) I've read a lot of people simply focusing on Maynard being in the background and not saying much, leaving stage during periods where he wasnt singing, and even leaving stage early at the end. Naw I wasn't around when Maynard was up front. As Maynard stated at this very show I was prolly just a sperm or some shit, (I wasn't exactly a sperm but I wasn't old enough then to know what a "sperm" looked like.) Anyways Maynard was on point. Adam seemed the most beautiful last night. Danny was fast as fuck. And I'm still wondering how Justin makes some of those sounds from his Bass.

I just wanna know. Did anyone catch the part between Lateralus and Aenema with the Asteroid competition on the big screen? FRANK apparently won with a score of 10,000. Congrats FRANK.

After the show ended with a large cheer and an exchange of energy (both ways) I swiftly exited the show area and made my way to the merchandise booth. My fat wallet remained closed this time. Yes there were signed posters but I did not see the one with the fish and scissors signed. I contemplated how much I had already spent. And wondered if maybe by not buying a poster if some lucky dude might be able to grab one...so...I left :)
Old 02-08-2012, 09:51 AM   #10
On Probation

Set list is accurate.

I was very excited to hear Parabola. One of they're best jam songs in my opinion. I'm not sure if not hearing Sober really disappointed me or not.

I was one of the 1st people in the building. Knowing the signed posters would be available after the show I still proceeded to empty my fat wallet. I even bought a Miller Lite for 6.50 to sit down and listen to YOB. I enjoyed it to be honest. I'm not into a lot of that sound even though Death Metal used to be my thing until I discovered Lateralus
when I was 16. Give this band a chance I'm certain the band did NOT just ask this band to open for them to point fingers for laughter.

Perforamence was great. They sounded beautiful from where I was sitting (section 106 row n seat 2). The venue however was smaller then my 1st TOOL show at the Amway. As others have said the event staff were a bit to much. Bothering people during the show for cell phones regardless if they were just texting or recording. Yea there were some errors in actual playing, but this band is extremely talented regardless. I've been following the other reviews for earlier shows since th tour started (to know where and when to empt my fat wallet.) I've read a lot of people simply focusing on Maynard being in the background and not saying much, leaving stage during periods where he wasnt singing, and even leaving stage early at the end. Naw I wasn't around when Maynard was up front. As Maynard stated at this very show I was prolly just a sperm or some shit, (I wasn't exactly a sperm but I wasn't old enough then to know what a "sperm" looked like.) Anyways Maynard was on point. Adam seemed the most beautiful last night. Danny was fast as fuck. And I'm still wondering how Justin makes some of those sounds from his Bass.

I just wanna know. Did anyone catch the part between Lateralus and Aenema with the Asteroid competition on the big screen? FRANK apparently won with a score of 10,000. Congrats FRANK.

After the show ended with a large cheer and an exchange of energy (both ways) I swiftly exited the show area and made my way to the merchandise booth. My fat wallet remained closed this time. Yes there were signed posters but I did not see the one with the fish and scissors signed. I contemplated how much I had already spent. And wondered if maybe by not buying a poster if some lucky dude might be able to grab one...so...I left :)
ScubaTwinn's Avatar ScubaTwinn
02-08-2012, 12:44 PM

This was a great show and to see Tool for the first time, they just blew me away. I did hear a little distortion, but overall, the sound was perfect to me. We were in section 105 - right on the aisle, 10 rows up. It was awesome to see Maynard backlit the whole time. His profile is so distinctive, I can't begin to describe just how COOL IT WAS. To watch them all play was so finally satisfying. And to look back at Maynard backlit, OMG. The drumoff was great. I was afraid we wouldn't get one because Ft Lauderdale didn't. It was one of the highlights.
The crowd was cool and totally into the music. I didn't see any fights or a$$hole$.
We agree - UCF needs to do something about the lights on the aisle. I wouldn't want to be the one tripping on them, but there has to be a better answer to light the steps.
Finally - Thanks to our friends for giving us a ride back to our room before they left for home!
Old 02-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #11
Level 3 - Talker

This was a great show and to see Tool for the first time, they just blew me away. I did hear a little distortion, but overall, the sound was perfect to me. We were in section 105 - right on the aisle, 10 rows up. It was awesome to see Maynard backlit the whole time. His profile is so distinctive, I can't begin to describe just how COOL IT WAS. To watch them all play was so finally satisfying. And to look back at Maynard backlit, OMG. The drumoff was great. I was afraid we wouldn't get one because Ft Lauderdale didn't. It was one of the highlights.
The crowd was cool and totally into the music. I didn't see any fights or a$$hole$.
We agree - UCF needs to do something about the lights on the aisle. I wouldn't want to be the one tripping on them, but there has to be a better answer to light the steps.
Finally - Thanks to our friends for giving us a ride back to our room before they left for home!
02-08-2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katelyn View Post

Couldn't have said it better myself! ORGASMIC ON EVERY LEVEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2012, 01:11 PM   #12
On Probation

Bincount™: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by katelyn View Post

Couldn't have said it better myself! ORGASMIC ON EVERY LEVEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pyrofreakcm
02-08-2012, 01:28 PM

I went to the show in Ft. Lauderdale as well as last night (6th show on the 6th and 7th show on the 7th!) and I have to say that Orlando was better in almost every way. The sound was a lot better, the bass was overwhelming at times as Dispoflection mentioned earlier, but it was way worse the night before. The drum-off is always cool to see but it's not as captivating for me as it used to be. I love how when Yob's bassist left and let Justin take over he walks past Maynard who says, "who the fuck are you?"

I'm sad that I didn't get to see Ticks and Leeches, but I'm also incredibly happy that I got to witness Parabola instead of Sober again. Also was hoping to get a signed poster early at this show since they had them out early in Ft. Lauderdale, but I guess I wasn't patient enough and just settled on a non-signed one. Probably the better decision financially.

The crowd was great! I'm glad that it wasn't just a couple thousand people yelling at every quiet moment during their songs, that almost ruined it for me on Monday. Cheers everyone! I'll see you all on the next tour.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:28 PM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

I went to the show in Ft. Lauderdale as well as last night (6th show on the 6th and 7th show on the 7th!) and I have to say that Orlando was better in almost every way. The sound was a lot better, the bass was overwhelming at times as Dispoflection mentioned earlier, but it was way worse the night before. The drum-off is always cool to see but it's not as captivating for me as it used to be. I love how when Yob's bassist left and let Justin take over he walks past Maynard who says, "who the fuck are you?"

I'm sad that I didn't get to see Ticks and Leeches, but I'm also incredibly happy that I got to witness Parabola instead of Sober again. Also was hoping to get a signed poster early at this show since they had them out early in Ft. Lauderdale, but I guess I wasn't patient enough and just settled on a non-signed one. Probably the better decision financially.

The crowd was great! I'm glad that it wasn't just a couple thousand people yelling at every quiet moment during their songs, that almost ruined it for me on Monday. Cheers everyone! I'll see you all on the next tour.
drakus's Avatar drakus
02-08-2012, 03:08 PM

^I enjoyed both shows but I did not like the hole drum-off during Lateralus in Orlando. On the other hand the UCF venue was more intimate and the crowed was great.

I have to say that the Orlando lithograph is my favorite so far. I really wanted a signed poster and when I got there they where not on sale so I made the mistake of buying a non signed poster. Later on like an act of magic the signed poster where on sale so I had to buy it. I will probably sell the extra one on ebay or something.

Last edited by drakus; 02-08-2012 at 03:16 PM..
Old 02-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #14
Level 3 - Talker

^I enjoyed both shows but I did not like the hole drum-off during Lateralus in Orlando. On the other hand the UCF venue was more intimate and the crowed was great.

I have to say that the Orlando lithograph is my favorite so far. I really wanted a signed poster and when I got there they where not on sale so I made the mistake of buying a non signed poster. Later on like an act of magic the signed poster where on sale so I had to buy it. I will probably sell the extra one on ebay or something.

Last edited by drakus; 02-08-2012 at 03:16 PM..
bb46n2
02-08-2012, 06:37 PM

Wish i were in Georgia right now so i could do it all over again!!!!!!

Loved everything about the show. Getting Parabola was an absolute thrill. Can't say which song was my favorite....46 & two, Parabola, Lateralus, Push it....????....just can't say. Not a huge fan of Schism, but hearing it live brought it to life and gave me a new appreciation for the song.

I thought Maynard was great. I was seated in section 107 which is on adam and maynard's side so i had a good view of maynard and he was moving around to the music and getting into the show. So funny when the YOB bassist went by Maynard and Maynard says "who the fuck are you?" .....PRICELESS MAYNARD!!!

At the end of the show the whole band acknowledged the crowd.....maynard pointed to each section of the arena one by one, it was great. After hearing some of the reviews from the other shows, i didn't know what to expect (being my first tool show and all), well they did not disappoint. But i am so crazy about tool, they could have walked out on stage, gave me the finger, and then walked off and i still would have been in awe....lol...seriously though they rocked it and i CAN NOT WAIT for my next tool show!
Old 02-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #15
On Probation

Wish i were in Georgia right now so i could do it all over again!!!!!!

Loved everything about the show. Getting Parabola was an absolute thrill. Can't say which song was my favorite....46 & two, Parabola, Lateralus, Push it....????....just can't say. Not a huge fan of Schism, but hearing it live brought it to life and gave me a new appreciation for the song.

I thought Maynard was great. I was seated in section 107 which is on adam and maynard's side so i had a good view of maynard and he was moving around to the music and getting into the show. So funny when the YOB bassist went by Maynard and Maynard says "who the fuck are you?" .....PRICELESS MAYNARD!!!

At the end of the show the whole band acknowledged the crowd.....maynard pointed to each section of the arena one by one, it was great. After hearing some of the reviews from the other shows, i didn't know what to expect (being my first tool show and all), well they did not disappoint. But i am so crazy about tool, they could have walked out on stage, gave me the finger, and then walked off and i still would have been in awe....lol...seriously though they rocked it and i CAN NOT WAIT for my next tool show!
randomdropdead
02-08-2012, 07:00 PM

The show was fantastic. This was my third show, and I was as impressed as I have ever been by Tool. Thankfully we got lost on the way and missed the opening band, after the Japanese screamo music I had to endure on the 10,000 days tour I think opening for Tool is a curse.

I have to say that only Tool can put on a concert of that magnitude and expect everyone to sit the fuck down and just listen. I have never been to a rock/metal/progressive/whateveryouwanttolabelit show and seen the floor with chairs in it. It is almost like the band was saying "stop slamming your heads together and listen to this"--Epic

On that same point, I was in 203 and had a great view except for Stacy the Gypsy dancer in front of me. I get it, the music is awesome and makes you want to move, and if you weren't the only people standing up I would have just stood up too. However me standing would force the people behind me to stand and ect. Unlike Medhead964's situation, I asked her politely to sit down and was promptly told no. So then I made sure that in the same way I will never forget seeing Tool in Orlando play HWOP while looking around dancing girl, she will never forget seeing Tool perform Parabola while hearing me bitching about it in her ear. Anyways enough of that.

The band was amazing as usual, MJK put in an awesome performance for a 47 year old and Adam, Danny, and Justin were on point. I felt a few mistakes here and there, perhaps some were intentional deviations from the original..only the band knows. Those mistakes proved to me two very important things, #1 it is in fact live, and #2 they are in fact human. After almost 20 years of following the band and listening to them evolve I was beginning to wonder if they were in fact human.

The visuals were stellar as well, I would say they are on par with any other band out there, Nine Inch Nails would be a close second. I did miss the white stage from 10,000 days though.

As for the setlist, my friends and I were talking about it and we decided there is no song by Tool that comes at the end of the phrase "I'm glad they didn't play.."

It was cool to see everyone from kids with their dads to old guys there rocking out to what I believe to be the greatest band ever, I only hope they keep it up long enough for me to be able to take my sons to see them someday.

In closing I am thankful they came, its been like 5 years, and I cannot wait for the next release. I will be there.

-pushing and shoving and pushing me..There's no love in that.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

The show was fantastic. This was my third show, and I was as impressed as I have ever been by Tool. Thankfully we got lost on the way and missed the opening band, after the Japanese screamo music I had to endure on the 10,000 days tour I think opening for Tool is a curse.

I have to say that only Tool can put on a concert of that magnitude and expect everyone to sit the fuck down and just listen. I have never been to a rock/metal/progressive/whateveryouwanttolabelit show and seen the floor with chairs in it. It is almost like the band was saying "stop slamming your heads together and listen to this"--Epic

On that same point, I was in 203 and had a great view except for Stacy the Gypsy dancer in front of me. I get it, the music is awesome and makes you want to move, and if you weren't the only people standing up I would have just stood up too. However me standing would force the people behind me to stand and ect. Unlike Medhead964's situation, I asked her politely to sit down and was promptly told no. So then I made sure that in the same way I will never forget seeing Tool in Orlando play HWOP while looking around dancing girl, she will never forget seeing Tool perform Parabola while hearing me bitching about it in her ear. Anyways enough of that.

The band was amazing as usual, MJK put in an awesome performance for a 47 year old and Adam, Danny, and Justin were on point. I felt a few mistakes here and there, perhaps some were intentional deviations from the original..only the band knows. Those mistakes proved to me two very important things, #1 it is in fact live, and #2 they are in fact human. After almost 20 years of following the band and listening to them evolve I was beginning to wonder if they were in fact human.

The visuals were stellar as well, I would say they are on par with any other band out there, Nine Inch Nails would be a close second. I did miss the white stage from 10,000 days though.

As for the setlist, my friends and I were talking about it and we decided there is no song by Tool that comes at the end of the phrase "I'm glad they didn't play.."

It was cool to see everyone from kids with their dads to old guys there rocking out to what I believe to be the greatest band ever, I only hope they keep it up long enough for me to be able to take my sons to see them someday.

In closing I am thankful they came, its been like 5 years, and I cannot wait for the next release. I will be there.

-pushing and shoving and pushing me..There's no love in that.
bb46n2
02-08-2012, 08:24 PM

^^^^^^^response to above^^^^^^
Not sure what proper concert etiquette is, but i never been to a concert where you just sat in your seat. I don't know, i guess we all have an opinion, i am just glad everyone in the section i was in was standing up!
To me it just natural to stand and let the music take over.....and no i am not stacy the gypsy dancer. And i don't think the chairs were put there as a statement from tool to their fans: "stop slamming your heads together and listen to this" (as stated by randomdropdead, who apparently thinks tool fans are too burnt out to be able to do two things at once, like standing and listening at the same time, but i digress).
I think tool would want the fans to experience the music in each THEIR OWN WAY - and if sitting is your way, more power to you, but don't come down on someone else for choosing to experience the music in a manner different from your own. - There's no love it that.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #17
On Probation

Not sure what proper concert etiquette is, but i never been to a concert where you just sat in your seat. I don't know, i guess we all have an opinion, i am just glad everyone in the section i was in was standing up!
To me it just natural to stand and let the music take over.....and no i am not stacy the gypsy dancer. And i don't think the chairs were put there as a statement from tool to their fans: "stop slamming your heads together and listen to this" (as stated by randomdropdead, who apparently thinks tool fans are too burnt out to be able to do two things at once, like standing and listening at the same time, but i digress).
I think tool would want the fans to experience the music in each THEIR OWN WAY - and if sitting is your way, more power to you, but don't come down on someone else for choosing to experience the music in a manner different from your own. - There's no love it that.
Tarantula
02-08-2012, 08:39 PM

Haven't been to many concerts in the past 5 or so years and there's a reason for that (not many worth spending the money to see) but this was absolutely amazing and I'd do it again if given the chance. The 'opening band' = not much, they were alright and if I were going out to a local bar and caught them I'd probably stay, but they did absolutely nothing to prepare anyone for Tool and were probably a pretty lame choice, there's better out there and available.
Seated in section 101 the entire area seemed to be standing throughout the entire performance and no one seemed to mind or complain. Other than being a bit cramped I have no complaints about the seating in the venue. The could definitely use some additional concession facilities as the lines were 20-30 minutes to get a beer pre-show and during YOB.
Great time and can't wait to see MJK and the rest again soon.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #18
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 1

Haven't been to many concerts in the past 5 or so years and there's a reason for that (not many worth spending the money to see) but this was absolutely amazing and I'd do it again if given the chance. The 'opening band' = not much, they were alright and if I were going out to a local bar and caught them I'd probably stay, but they did absolutely nothing to prepare anyone for Tool and were probably a pretty lame choice, there's better out there and available.
Seated in section 101 the entire area seemed to be standing throughout the entire performance and no one seemed to mind or complain. Other than being a bit cramped I have no complaints about the seating in the venue. The could definitely use some additional concession facilities as the lines were 20-30 minutes to get a beer pre-show and during YOB.
Great time and can't wait to see MJK and the rest again soon.
Vayu
02-08-2012, 09:06 PM

"There's no love in fear" Fyi ;)
Old 02-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

bb46n2
02-08-2012, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vayu View Post

Yes, I KNOW THAT, but was just mimicking randomdropdead's brilliant quote of the day.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:25 PM   #20
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vayu View Post

Yes, I KNOW THAT, but was just mimicking randomdropdead's brilliant quote of the day.
randomdropdead
02-09-2012, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb46n2 View Post
thanks for sharing your opinion on the show..oh wait you shared your opinion on me..to each their own
Old 02-09-2012, 06:53 AM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
thanks for sharing your opinion on the show..oh wait you shared your opinion on me..to each their own
IMetDC
02-09-2012, 09:40 AM

ok, I can clear some things up. Orlando, 2007, days tour, there were no chairs. moshing got pretty serious, and I have direct from the band that they don't really support that. The following 5 shows I went to (the five directly after Orlando) they had seats put on the floor. Florida crowds especially have a tendency to get rowdy, Isaac Brock said he will not be coming back anytime soon. Got to meet Adam, Justin, and Danny after the show (again) and they are just the nicest guys, very humble. Justin remembered me from previous tours! got a signed setlist, thanks to Phil. All in all one of the best shows I've seen, can't wait for next time!
p.s. does anyone know what Maynard said about Florida during stinkfist?
Old 02-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #22
Level 2 - Poster

ok, I can clear some things up. Orlando, 2007, days tour, there were no chairs. moshing got pretty serious, and I have direct from the band that they don't really support that. The following 5 shows I went to (the five directly after Orlando) they had seats put on the floor. Florida crowds especially have a tendency to get rowdy, Isaac Brock said he will not be coming back anytime soon. Got to meet Adam, Justin, and Danny after the show (again) and they are just the nicest guys, very humble. Justin remembered me from previous tours! got a signed setlist, thanks to Phil. All in all one of the best shows I've seen, can't wait for next time!
p.s. does anyone know what Maynard said about Florida during stinkfist?
medhead964
02-09-2012, 03:05 PM

I was at the show in Orlando in 07. I remember the moshing. I was also at the Tampa show that same tour, before the Orlando show I believe. In Tampa some drunk douchbag jumped up on stage as the band was doing their end of show waves. Really nice.

To add another personal experience...A few friends and I drove up to Atlanta to see A Perfect Circle last year. The music was amazing, but I couldn't see shit. Outside the venue, there were printed sheets posted about every twenty feet on the walls all around the building saying (paraphrasing): When the music starts, treat it as you would an Opera, or a movie...Which I took it to mean "sit the fuck down and enjoy the show".
We thought we got lucky, got up to the second balcony, and got second row, thinking that we'd have an unobstructed view. Of course when the music started the people in the front row, balcony looking down, stood the whole show, which blocked everyone in the entire section from seeing ANYTHING. And the thing that killed me more, was that these people, who luckily got tix to a show that sold out in 5 minutes, complained the entire show that they weren't "playin' any TOOL tunes", and kept drunkenly yelling "SOBER!".

I guess everyone has their own opinions about this.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:05 PM   #23
Level 1 - Lurker

I was at the show in Orlando in 07. I remember the moshing. I was also at the Tampa show that same tour, before the Orlando show I believe. In Tampa some drunk douchbag jumped up on stage as the band was doing their end of show waves. Really nice.

To add another personal experience...A few friends and I drove up to Atlanta to see A Perfect Circle last year. The music was amazing, but I couldn't see shit. Outside the venue, there were printed sheets posted about every twenty feet on the walls all around the building saying (paraphrasing): When the music starts, treat it as you would an Opera, or a movie...Which I took it to mean "sit the fuck down and enjoy the show".
We thought we got lucky, got up to the second balcony, and got second row, thinking that we'd have an unobstructed view. Of course when the music started the people in the front row, balcony looking down, stood the whole show, which blocked everyone in the entire section from seeing ANYTHING. And the thing that killed me more, was that these people, who luckily got tix to a show that sold out in 5 minutes, complained the entire show that they weren't "playin' any TOOL tunes", and kept drunkenly yelling "SOBER!".

I guess everyone has their own opinions about this.
Tarantula
02-09-2012, 05:41 PM

Personally, the day I go to a concert where people actually sit, especially during the 'main act' is the last show I ever go see from that band. I've been to 'old' bands shows that have been playing since the 70's and the audience wasn't seated like some geriatric nursing home. From what I've seen TOOL fans are a pretty cool group of generally decent people and not pretentious, self-absorbed clowns I seem to find out in the 'real world'.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #24
Level 2 - Poster

Personally, the day I go to a concert where people actually sit, especially during the 'main act' is the last show I ever go see from that band. I've been to 'old' bands shows that have been playing since the 70's and the audience wasn't seated like some geriatric nursing home. From what I've seen TOOL fans are a pretty cool group of generally decent people and not pretentious, self-absorbed clowns I seem to find out in the 'real world'.
kirk57
02-09-2012, 06:18 PM

Tool was awesome! We were in sec. 101 ,seven rows up. Everyone in my view stood the entire concert. I liked the more intimate arena. Terrific sound. The laser lights were spectacular. The band was really tight. There is only one TOOL! Thanks Maynard, Danny, Justin and Adam.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

Tool was awesome! We were in sec. 101 ,seven rows up. Everyone in my view stood the entire concert. I liked the more intimate arena. Terrific sound. The laser lights were spectacular. The band was really tight. There is only one TOOL! Thanks Maynard, Danny, Justin and Adam.
Skunk
02-09-2012, 07:19 PM

This was my 6th Tool show. In section 101 probably right behind the guy that posted above me lol. Absolutely the best show I've seen since 10K Days came out. Acoustics were not great, but that was expected in an arena venue. This was the first show out of four since 2006 where I felt Maynard's vocals were totally on point. He still took certain notes a bit easy, but this was the best he has sounded in years. Saw them twice at Red Rocks in 2010, he knocked a few songs out of the park there but this show was totally awesome. We also got a few choice Maynard-isms.

One thing I'm *really* looking forward to on the next album: At Red Rocks when they played Third Eye and here when they played Hooker, Maynard has been saving his voice by going to the heavy distortion effects on the vocals again; something he largely eschewed on the the past two albums outside of maybe Rosetta Stoned. Judging by how great it sounds, especially on Third Eye where is was just *earth-crushingly* powerful, I'm really hoping the next album features a bit of that on the heavy vocal hooks.

The rest of the band were outstanding as always. This was my first time seeing Hooker With A Penis and Pushit live, and neither disappointed. Loved the change to a slower chorus in Pushit. Hooker is an amazing opener, and really set the tone for the show. The pre-Schism jam is fantastic, hope it gets developed into a full song. The jam in the middle of Schism is still excellent too. But the lack of the extended Stinkfist was a downer. Live visuals seem to get better with every tour. Phenomenal show, I treat every Tool concert and album from here on out like it will be the last, and it was great to see these guys do their thing again.

Last edited by Skunk; 02-09-2012 at 07:22 PM..
Old 02-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #26
Level 4 - Thinker

This was my 6th Tool show. In section 101 probably right behind the guy that posted above me lol. Absolutely the best show I've seen since 10K Days came out. Acoustics were not great, but that was expected in an arena venue. This was the first show out of four since 2006 where I felt Maynard's vocals were totally on point. He still took certain notes a bit easy, but this was the best he has sounded in years. Saw them twice at Red Rocks in 2010, he knocked a few songs out of the park there but this show was totally awesome. We also got a few choice Maynard-isms.

One thing I'm *really* looking forward to on the next album: At Red Rocks when they played Third Eye and here when they played Hooker, Maynard has been saving his voice by going to the heavy distortion effects on the vocals again; something he largely eschewed on the the past two albums outside of maybe Rosetta Stoned. Judging by how great it sounds, especially on Third Eye where is was just *earth-crushingly* powerful, I'm really hoping the next album features a bit of that on the heavy vocal hooks.

The rest of the band were outstanding as always. This was my first time seeing Hooker With A Penis and Pushit live, and neither disappointed. Loved the change to a slower chorus in Pushit. Hooker is an amazing opener, and really set the tone for the show. The pre-Schism jam is fantastic, hope it gets developed into a full song. The jam in the middle of Schism is still excellent too. But the lack of the extended Stinkfist was a downer. Live visuals seem to get better with every tour. Phenomenal show, I treat every Tool concert and album from here on out like it will be the last, and it was great to see these guys do their thing again.

Last edited by Skunk; 02-09-2012 at 07:22 PM..
toolofmagick
02-12-2012, 11:03 AM

This was my 7th show I think? Came in after the first 3 songs; already drunk and ripped on ecstasy. Our seats were the seated seats, center stage second row. People were in our seats when we showed up, so security promptly escorted them out. Show was flawless. The view was great. Best sing along at a Tool show I've had in a while. Guest drum duo was awesome. Justin's tone was rattling the whole venue. Danny was flawless; as usual Highlight of the show was def hanging out with Danny and Justin in the dressing room after the show pounding beers and listening to Danny's new fusion band. Forgot if he said it was Volto, we were all gassed. Thank you Danny, Rynne and the rest of the crew for such an epic nite! You never really get used to meeting your idol, regardless of how often it happens.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #27
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my 7th show I think? Came in after the first 3 songs; already drunk and ripped on ecstasy. Our seats were the seated seats, center stage second row. People were in our seats when we showed up, so security promptly escorted them out. Show was flawless. The view was great. Best sing along at a Tool show I've had in a while. Guest drum duo was awesome. Justin's tone was rattling the whole venue. Danny was flawless; as usual Highlight of the show was def hanging out with Danny and Justin in the dressing room after the show pounding beers and listening to Danny's new fusion band. Forgot if he said it was Volto, we were all gassed. Thank you Danny, Rynne and the rest of the crew for such an epic nite! You never really get used to meeting your idol, regardless of how often it happens.
Tarantula
02-13-2012, 05:54 PM

I gotta say, after watching some of the 'performances' and 'winners' of last nights Grammy awards I am that much more amazed at the great performance by TOOL last week. Most of that was TERRIBLE and if I'd paid to watch those 'performances' I'd be demanding a refund. Thankful we still have a few bands with talent and integrity to rely on.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:54 PM   #28
Level 2 - Poster

I gotta say, after watching some of the 'performances' and 'winners' of last nights Grammy awards I am that much more amazed at the great performance by TOOL last week. Most of that was TERRIBLE and if I'd paid to watch those 'performances' I'd be demanding a refund. Thankful we still have a few bands with talent and integrity to rely on.
bb46n2
02-13-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarantula View Post

amen to that!! Watched some footage on youtube from the Orlando concert, brought back awesome memories. I truly regret not going to both shows in florida.....now i know better. Next time i see tool would love to see the show from floor seats, straight on. For the Orlando show i was to the side of the stage and didn't get the full effect of the visuals, though i did have an awesome view of adam. Its only been a week since the show and i am jonesing for another, ....and another, and another! Hope we don't have to wait another 5 yrs.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:43 PM   #29
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarantula View Post

amen to that!! Watched some footage on youtube from the Orlando concert, brought back awesome memories. I truly regret not going to both shows in florida.....now i know better. Next time i see tool would love to see the show from floor seats, straight on. For the Orlando show i was to the side of the stage and didn't get the full effect of the visuals, though i did have an awesome view of adam. Its only been a week since the show and i am jonesing for another, ....and another, and another! Hope we don't have to wait another 5 yrs.
Liachem
02-15-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:

Let's hope we dont have to wait for another 5 years. Hopefully we will see a new album in the near future with a tour to follow. :)

I'm just curious did anyone from this show get a poster of the fish and scissors signed? I only saw the one with one of Adams Helmet dudes (as I call him)
Old 02-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #30
On Probation

Quote:

Let's hope we dont have to wait for another 5 years. Hopefully we will see a new album in the near future with a tour to follow. :)

I'm just curious did anyone from this show get a poster of the fish and scissors signed? I only saw the one with one of Adams Helmet dudes (as I call him)
bb46n2
02-15-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liachem View Post
Maybe it we all concentrate real hard at the exact same time we can send a subliminal message to the guys and they will grant our wish.

Hey, i can dream can't i?!?!
Old 02-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #31
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liachem View Post
Maybe it we all concentrate real hard at the exact same time we can send a subliminal message to the guys and they will grant our wish.

Hey, i can dream can't i?!?!
ParabolaReflection
03-30-2015, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakus View Post

How much are you selling the unsigned for? What is the average price for the unsigned print? Thanks for your time.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:37 PM   #32
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakus View Post

How much are you selling the unsigned for? What is the average price for the unsigned print? Thanks for your time.
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
03-30-2015, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParabolaReflection View Post
That guy hasn't logged in here for 3 years.

My advice is to look on ebay or ask in the Tool groups on fb.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:59 PM   #33
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParabolaReflection View Post
That guy hasn't logged in here for 3 years.

My advice is to look on ebay or ask in the Tool groups on fb.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply