Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Rock & Roll
User Name
Password
æmoeba•°·.'s Avatar æmoeba•°·.
07-03-2007, 10:06 AM

Well, I've brought you guys something a little different from what I've done before. This recording I put together is a little more tranquil, or should give off that vibe, at least.

I got an idea when it was raining this morning, and decided I'd record a couple tracks and mesh it with a recording of the rain outside.

I took three recordings of me playing guitar, and split two channels of the rain, (adding reverb), and compressed it altogether with Audacity.

I hope you like this. It's all improvisation, but I believe that it's my best improv recording I've done.

YOU MIGHT NEED TO TURN IT UP QUITE A BIT JUST TO HERE EVERYTHING THAT'S GOING ON. I HAVE FADING EFFECTS IN THE SONG YOU MIGHT FIND PRETTY INTERESTING.

Enjoy the recording:

• Synaesthesia •

Take care.

-Andrew
Old 07-03-2007, 10:06 AM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 9
• Synaesthesia •

Well, I've brought you guys something a little different from what I've done before. This recording I put together is a little more tranquil, or should give off that vibe, at least.

I got an idea when it was raining this morning, and decided I'd record a couple tracks and mesh it with a recording of the rain outside.

I took three recordings of me playing guitar, and split two channels of the rain, (adding reverb), and compressed it altogether with Audacity.

I hope you like this. It's all improvisation, but I believe that it's my best improv recording I've done.

YOU MIGHT NEED TO TURN IT UP QUITE A BIT JUST TO HERE EVERYTHING THAT'S GOING ON. I HAVE FADING EFFECTS IN THE SONG YOU MIGHT FIND PRETTY INTERESTING.

Enjoy the recording:

• Synaesthesia •

Take care.

-Andrew
Akasha's Avatar Akasha
07-03-2007, 10:32 AM

lol. can you say 10K days or wings for marie? lol

Along those lines. Something VERY weird happned to me n my mate who make music together. We started off our album, with wind, leading into an middle-easternish guitar part, followed by rain and thunder as the trak built up. This was 3 years ago. We always joked with each other that it was very toolish, and how pissed off wed be if tool "stole" our ideas from the global consiousness. lol, we were FREAKED TE FUK OUT when we first heard wings and 10K days. Not just becuase we had made similar traks, but becuase we even joked about tool "stealing" it, 2 or even 3 years before the album release. AMAZING if you ask me. Not to mention. I lost all our recordings in a hard drive crash, 4 months before 10K days came out. Gota love fate.

Last edited by Akasha; 07-03-2007 at 10:37 AM..
Old 07-03-2007, 10:32 AM   #2
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 29
Re: • Synaesthesia •

lol. can you say 10K days or wings for marie? lol

Along those lines. Something VERY weird happned to me n my mate who make music together. We started off our album, with wind, leading into an middle-easternish guitar part, followed by rain and thunder as the trak built up. This was 3 years ago. We always joked with each other that it was very toolish, and how pissed off wed be if tool "stole" our ideas from the global consiousness. lol, we were FREAKED TE FUK OUT when we first heard wings and 10K days. Not just becuase we had made similar traks, but becuase we even joked about tool "stealing" it, 2 or even 3 years before the album release. AMAZING if you ask me. Not to mention. I lost all our recordings in a hard drive crash, 4 months before 10K days came out. Gota love fate.

Last edited by Akasha; 07-03-2007 at 10:37 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply