Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
TenSpeed's Avatar TenSpeed
03-19-2006, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exojjl
well we know, as a fact aenema is not "enema". What else could it be besides anima?
It's the combination of enema and Anima.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:47 PM   #41
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 236
Re: Final Chapter is Us

Quote:
well we know, as a fact aenema is not "enema". What else could it be besides anima?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
kickstandjesus
03-19-2006, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenSpeed

just look up carl jung

http://www.ship.edu/~cgboeree/jung.html

P.S. please don't post again until after you have read this, that is all
Old 03-19-2006, 06:52 PM   #42
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenSpeed

just look up carl jung

SpiralOutKeepGoing's Avatar SpiralOutKeepGoing
03-19-2006, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstandjesus
just look up carl jung

Quoting the Tool FAQ on this very site "G1. "Ænima?" What's that all about?

The Tool tradition of mystery continues with the title for their latest album. The title is reported to be a mix of the words "Anima" (a Jungian term) and "Enema" (you know)."
Old 03-19-2006, 07:00 PM   #43
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 63

Quote:
just look up carl jung

The Tool tradition of mystery continues with the title for their latest album. The title is reported to be a mix of the words "Anima" (a Jungian term) and "Enema" (you know)."
Metalgod666's Avatar Metalgod666
03-19-2006, 07:09 PM

well then heres the proof the title isn't going to be 10,000 days
Old 03-19-2006, 07:09 PM   #44
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11

Anomaly's Avatar Anomaly
03-19-2006, 08:52 PM

Quote:
now, take what i have said and look at the lyrics again, what are they trying to tell us, culture....catastrophe.......self realization, why am I here, so good to see you, I have missed you so much, I thought that you were hiding. And you thought that I had run away. Chasing the tail of dogma. I opened my eye and there we were. So good to see you once again I thought that you were hiding from me. And you thought that I had run away. Chasing a trail of smoke and reason. Prying open my third eye.

Carl Jung

aenema being anima = HIM
lateralus the animus being HER

1-him
2-her
3-you

anima animus have been covered.. the shadow has been covered in 46&2
the ego in reflection

now onto the true SELF and the collective unconcious ..
not the mind but the nature of mind.
http://pandc.ca/graphics/psyche.gif

such... similarities.... one .. cannot distinguish which is the first!
honestly..im flattered that you copied mypost ... but seriosuly man.. thats pathetic to take credit for it word for word and post it somewhere else as your own.
http://www.10000-days.com/forums/vie...hp?p=1033#1033

Last edited by Anomaly; 03-19-2006 at 08:57 PM..
Old 03-19-2006, 08:52 PM   #45
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 25

Quote:
now, take what i have said and look at the lyrics again, what are they trying to tell us, culture....catastrophe.......self realization, why am I here, so good to see you, I have missed you so much, I thought that you were hiding. And you thought that I had run away. Chasing the tail of dogma. I opened my eye and there we were. So good to see you once again I thought that you were hiding from me. And you thought that I had run away. Chasing a trail of smoke and reason. Prying open my third eye.

Carl Jung

aenema being anima = HIM
lateralus the animus being HER

1-him
2-her
3-you

anima animus have been covered.. the shadow has been covered in 46&2
the ego in reflection

now onto the true SELF and the collective unconcious ..
not the mind but the nature of mind.
http://pandc.ca/graphics/psyche.gif

such... similarities.... one .. cannot distinguish which is the first!
honestly..im flattered that you copied mypost ... but seriosuly man.. thats pathetic to take credit for it word for word and post it somewhere else as your own.
http://www.10000-days.com/forums/vie...hp?p=1033#1033

Last edited by Anomaly; 03-19-2006 at 08:57 PM..
TenSpeed's Avatar TenSpeed
03-19-2006, 08:56 PM

Quote:
just look up carl jung

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOutKeepGoing

Pwned?
Old 03-19-2006, 08:56 PM   #46
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 236

Quote:
just look up carl jung

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOutKeepGoing

Pwned?
Mehhico's Avatar Mehhico
03-19-2006, 08:57 PM

Quote:
just look up carl jung

Ummm, I hope you are over 15.....? Do you think you are hiding some great secret? I would say most people here have read Jungian theories, and some of us are probably experts on the subect of archetypes, the collective unconscious, etc.

We have all read the lyrics to all the albums (yes, ALL the way through the albums...and in chronological order) and we have all made connections to the music and lyrics in our own personal way. You offer the Tool fan nothing new, apart from a cheap laugh at your expense. Quit trying so hard...perhaps search the forums for information about all of this stuff you are talking about.

Thanks for taking the time to share your insights with us all....
Old 03-19-2006, 08:57 PM   #47
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 19

Quote:
just look up carl jung

Ummm, I hope you are over 15.....? Do you think you are hiding some great secret? I would say most people here have read Jungian theories, and some of us are probably experts on the subect of archetypes, the collective unconscious, etc.

We have all read the lyrics to all the albums (yes, ALL the way through the albums...and in chronological order) and we have all made connections to the music and lyrics in our own personal way. You offer the Tool fan nothing new, apart from a cheap laugh at your expense. Quit trying so hard...perhaps search the forums for information about all of this stuff you are talking about.

03-19-2006, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalgod666
Well, It can be, maybe we aren't seeing the connection... since Lateralus is the process to reach the death and rebirth of the ego, the realization of the self and the contemplation of that state to further evolve.
I really can't imagine whats beyond that...
"My advice to people today is as follows: If you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in, and drop out." - Timothy Leary

Last edited by Exoskeletal; 03-19-2006 at 09:14 PM..
Old 03-19-2006, 09:08 PM   #48
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 16

Quote:
Well, It can be, maybe we aren't seeing the connection... since Lateralus is the process to reach the death and rebirth of the ego, the realization of the self and the contemplation of that state to further evolve.
I really can't imagine whats beyond that...
"My advice to people today is as follows: If you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in, and drop out." - Timothy Leary

Last edited by Exoskeletal; 03-19-2006 at 09:14 PM..
kickstandjesus
03-19-2006, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehhico

please read---Examples of Synchronicity

"A well-known example of synchronicity involves plum pudding. It is the true story of the French writer Emile Deschamps who in 1805 is treated to some plum pudding by the stranger Monsieur de Fontgibu. Ten years later, he encounters plum pudding on the menu of a Paris restaurant, and wants to order some, but the waiter tells him the last dish has already been served to another customer, who turns out to be M. de Fontgibu. Many years later in 1832 Emile Deschamps is at a diner, and is once again offered plum pudding. He recalls the earlier incident and tells his friends that only M. de Fontgibu is missing to make the setting complete, and in the same instant the now senile M. de Fontgibu enters the room by mistake.

You meet someone who interests you and touches your soul. Through synchronicity - that person seems to come into your life over and over again. You begin to feel a destiny with that person. You begin to think with your heart instead of your head. You connect with that person. In some cases the karma between the two people is positive - but in many cases you have attracted that person into your life for a learning lesson whether you are aware of it or not."
http://www.crystalinks.com/synchronicity.html

The dates are interesting...................how many years is 10,000 days...Mehhico, if you have nothing to add move on.....and if you had read the forum recently you would know that most folks are clueless

Last edited by kickstandjesus; 03-19-2006 at 09:19 PM..
Old 03-19-2006, 09:11 PM   #49
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehhico

"A well-known example of synchronicity involves plum pudding. It is the true story of the French writer Emile Deschamps who in 1805 is treated to some plum pudding by the stranger Monsieur de Fontgibu. Ten years later, he encounters plum pudding on the menu of a Paris restaurant, and wants to order some, but the waiter tells him the last dish has already been served to another customer, who turns out to be M. de Fontgibu. Many years later in 1832 Emile Deschamps is at a diner, and is once again offered plum pudding. He recalls the earlier incident and tells his friends that only M. de Fontgibu is missing to make the setting complete, and in the same instant the now senile M. de Fontgibu enters the room by mistake.

You meet someone who interests you and touches your soul. Through synchronicity - that person seems to come into your life over and over again. You begin to feel a destiny with that person. You begin to think with your heart instead of your head. You connect with that person. In some cases the karma between the two people is positive - but in many cases you have attracted that person into your life for a learning lesson whether you are aware of it or not."
http://www.crystalinks.com/synchronicity.html

The dates are interesting...................how many years is 10,000 days...Mehhico, if you have nothing to add move on.....and if you had read the forum recently you would know that most folks are clueless

Last edited by kickstandjesus; 03-19-2006 at 09:19 PM..
kickstandjesus
03-19-2006, 09:44 PM

Quote:
not necessarily...
Old 03-19-2006, 09:44 PM   #50
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
not necessarily...
T-13h's Avatar T-13h
03-19-2006, 09:44 PM

Old 03-19-2006, 09:44 PM   #51
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 911

03-19-2006, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Think current events think change, whats wrong with this picture?...... read all the album lyrics together....there is something underlying it all
Something like that it was all written by the same man? You're off your rocker.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:02 PM   #52
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 6

Quote:
Think current events think change, whats wrong with this picture?...... read all the album lyrics together....there is something underlying it all
Something like that it was all written by the same man? You're off your rocker.
Mehhico's Avatar Mehhico
03-19-2006, 11:07 PM

Quote:

"A well-known example of synchronicity involves plum pudding. ......

ok, well this is my theory...and I have posted this before. My idea is that Tool have been describing an event (which so happens to occur cyclically....so some say) through each of their albums. The very same event, although each album deals with it in a different view (under a different light). This event is The great Deluge.

I think that each album (Undertoe, Ænima, Lateralus...) have described The great Deluge, but as the individual evolves (from blind, angry, etc into a more spiritual, compassionate being) they see things more as a whole. They have a better perspective of the universe, and where they are in the middle of this "chaotic" world. Perhaps they are referencing this flood, because that is where we are heading...perhaps it is time once again for us to see this shift...

Songs such as Flood, Undertoe, Swamp Song, Ænema, (-) ions, Ticks & Leeches, The Grudge, Eon Blue Apocolypse come to mind.

There is a much more to it than this, and again, this is just my personal idea. Some like it, some hate it....but there you go. You think there is an underlying message in their progressive works, and so do I.

I want to hear what your ideas are, if you are willing to share.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:07 PM   #53
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

"A well-known example of synchronicity involves plum pudding. ......

ok, well this is my theory...and I have posted this before. My idea is that Tool have been describing an event (which so happens to occur cyclically....so some say) through each of their albums. The very same event, although each album deals with it in a different view (under a different light). This event is The great Deluge.

I think that each album (Undertoe, Ænima, Lateralus...) have described The great Deluge, but as the individual evolves (from blind, angry, etc into a more spiritual, compassionate being) they see things more as a whole. They have a better perspective of the universe, and where they are in the middle of this "chaotic" world. Perhaps they are referencing this flood, because that is where we are heading...perhaps it is time once again for us to see this shift...

Songs such as Flood, Undertoe, Swamp Song, Ænema, (-) ions, Ticks & Leeches, The Grudge, Eon Blue Apocolypse come to mind.

There is a much more to it than this, and again, this is just my personal idea. Some like it, some hate it....but there you go. You think there is an underlying message in their progressive works, and so do I.

I want to hear what your ideas are, if you are willing to share.
03-19-2006, 11:33 PM

No offence man, but your contrived convoluted "hidden" meanings that are speaking to you sound more like a schitzophrenic episode than some kind of higher truth that will all be linked together somehow by Tool and their importance in the universe. None of this stuff is any more important than anything else. Thats the objective view. We each give it all importance, on a personal level. That personal level is no more important than anyone elses. Its just a big paradox. Go outside and get some fresh air, maybe then the album will stop talking to you and leave you alone.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:33 PM   #54
On Probation

Bincount™: 5

No offence man, but your contrived convoluted "hidden" meanings that are speaking to you sound more like a schitzophrenic episode than some kind of higher truth that will all be linked together somehow by Tool and their importance in the universe. None of this stuff is any more important than anything else. Thats the objective view. We each give it all importance, on a personal level. That personal level is no more important than anyone elses. Its just a big paradox. Go outside and get some fresh air, maybe then the album will stop talking to you and leave you alone.
kickstandjesus
03-19-2006, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacecaR123
please refer to the thread about david lynch
Old 03-19-2006, 11:36 PM   #55
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacecaR123
Natalie Portman's Avatar Natalie Portman
03-20-2006, 01:21 AM

Lateralus the song gives me a boner.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:21 AM   #56
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 34

Lateralus the song gives me a boner.
SpiralOutKeepGoing's Avatar SpiralOutKeepGoing
03-20-2006, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Stop with this please refer stuff it makes you look like an ass.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:44 AM   #57
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 63

Quote:
Stop with this please refer stuff it makes you look like an ass.
ÆmorphousEnigma's Avatar ÆmorphousEnigma
03-20-2006, 04:41 PM

Quote:
well those things are all apart of the same interconnected matter that makes up this world and universe, which I myself, or my physicle self is connected to. But my thoughts and feelings are not the same physicla matter. So therefore these possessions are an illusion because I think my soul and thoughts are eternal.
That makes no sense at all.
+1 for psuedo-science
What are you on, buddy?
Old 03-20-2006, 04:41 PM   #58
Banned.

Bincount™: 355

Quote:
well those things are all apart of the same interconnected matter that makes up this world and universe, which I myself, or my physicle self is connected to. But my thoughts and feelings are not the same physicla matter. So therefore these possessions are an illusion because I think my soul and thoughts are eternal.
That makes no sense at all.
+1 for psuedo-science
What are you on, buddy?
volotre
03-20-2006, 07:27 PM

Quote:
During the war Nazi scientists were captured and put to work for the U.S. government....german psychologists(experts in brainwashing, mind control) begin working in the US advertising market in the 1950's.....*the material nation*...the combined wealth of the three richest people in the world is more than the poorest 48 nations, The U.S. produces 10,000 times more waste than the country of India, alothough it's population is a quarter of the size.....The U.S. produces 29% of all greenhouse gases even though it population is only 5% of the worlds population.....U.S. currently spends more on defense than every nation in the world combined..............The WTO is under no international or national law and abides by no human rights or environmental standards.......The current rate of extinction is higher than at any point geologic history(really).....sea level rise is double the rate of a 150 yrs past.....2005 was the warmest year in recorded history(over a millenium)surpassing 1998......it begins with the ego.....glutany......I just need it

Scientists/researchers/anyone with half a brain who has taken notice of their outside surroundings have been trying to tell the rest of the earth this for a loooong time. Water levels rising, flora and fauna species becoming extinct at increasing rates etc. aren't new. We're screwing the world up, we need to stop (but won't).

But I still don't get your point. As I see it, Tool are just another medium trying to get the message through, although they take a more spiritual approach which is over the heads of most.

Sounds like you see them as almost prophetlike.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:27 PM   #59
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
During the war Nazi scientists were captured and put to work for the U.S. government....german psychologists(experts in brainwashing, mind control) begin working in the US advertising market in the 1950's.....*the material nation*...the combined wealth of the three richest people in the world is more than the poorest 48 nations, The U.S. produces 10,000 times more waste than the country of India, alothough it's population is a quarter of the size.....The U.S. produces 29% of all greenhouse gases even though it population is only 5% of the worlds population.....U.S. currently spends more on defense than every nation in the world combined..............The WTO is under no international or national law and abides by no human rights or environmental standards.......The current rate of extinction is higher than at any point geologic history(really).....sea level rise is double the rate of a 150 yrs past.....2005 was the warmest year in recorded history(over a millenium)surpassing 1998......it begins with the ego.....glutany......I just need it

Scientists/researchers/anyone with half a brain who has taken notice of their outside surroundings have been trying to tell the rest of the earth this for a loooong time. Water levels rising, flora and fauna species becoming extinct at increasing rates etc. aren't new. We're screwing the world up, we need to stop (but won't).

But I still don't get your point. As I see it, Tool are just another medium trying to get the message through, although they take a more spiritual approach which is over the heads of most.

Sounds like you see them as almost prophetlike.
kickstandjesus
03-20-2006, 07:40 PM

no, they see the need for a movement, I hope you realize that this is larger than just Tool, they are only one part of a larger message here. its all around us just pay attention, connections exists everywhere....its all happening....What is the bands name......plese read this taken from http://10000-days.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=1

If this not the man himself it is someone who knows what is going on.....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:06 pm Post subject: "Are you Adam? Maynard?" Reply with quote
To address the PMs I've received since making my first thread:

The message has always been the same. It's always been right in front of you; the people you meet, the conversations you have, the words you exchange, the common goals you strive for.

As the days wind down to the album's release, a lot of you are seeking answers to trivial questions. Relax: this is not the last album. As "Opiate" and "Undertow" were widely connected, the two previous albums plus the new one are connected as well. Once one chapter is closed, a new one begins, but it is what we learn from this one that will guide us there.

Division and reconciliation were themes of the last two. And "political" does not neccessarily mean bashing one's political party. There are many types of politics, so don't jump the gun. (pun really not intended, believe me) The new project will focus widely on those as a means to steer us in the right direction. To come in contact with "the right one" better.

This is not about telling you what your life should consist of. Nor are the band preachers of any sort. But THIS is what our current times consist of: Lending opinions of our own, speaking our mind so that others may feel the will to speak theirs. LOOK AROUND YOU. The search for answers before the final chapter are causing many creative minds to work together, even if arguments arise. Arguments are good, as is speculation and being creative is best. This is what the band has been about since the beginning, this is why you may be getting false leads: Beliefs stunt the mind's growth, and questioning authority strengthens it.

We know you want answers right now, you want results. But so do we. Why do the members lurk in the shadows so many times? It's not because they (or we?) don't love you. But the band (us?) are secondary: YOU ARE FIRST. The opinions are there, how you choose to apply them to your own life, or if you use them as a tool to form your own and alter the way you live has nothing to do with the messengers. Tool (yours truly?) love you dearly, and this final chapter is all about you.

A sign of who I am will be visible soon. I may have reached five peoplee the first time around, maybe more this time. Either way, you guys are doing exactly what you should be/need to be doing right now. How you choose to use it from here is up to you.

Communicate.

-Anothertediousjaunt
Old 03-20-2006, 07:40 PM   #60
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

no, they see the need for a movement, I hope you realize that this is larger than just Tool, they are only one part of a larger message here. its all around us just pay attention, connections exists everywhere....its all happening....What is the bands name......plese read this taken from http://10000-days.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=1

If this not the man himself it is someone who knows what is going on.....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:06 pm Post subject: "Are you Adam? Maynard?" Reply with quote
To address the PMs I've received since making my first thread:

The message has always been the same. It's always been right in front of you; the people you meet, the conversations you have, the words you exchange, the common goals you strive for.

As the days wind down to the album's release, a lot of you are seeking answers to trivial questions. Relax: this is not the last album. As "Opiate" and "Undertow" were widely connected, the two previous albums plus the new one are connected as well. Once one chapter is closed, a new one begins, but it is what we learn from this one that will guide us there.

Division and reconciliation were themes of the last two. And "political" does not neccessarily mean bashing one's political party. There are many types of politics, so don't jump the gun. (pun really not intended, believe me) The new project will focus widely on those as a means to steer us in the right direction. To come in contact with "the right one" better.

This is not about telling you what your life should consist of. Nor are the band preachers of any sort. But THIS is what our current times consist of: Lending opinions of our own, speaking our mind so that others may feel the will to speak theirs. LOOK AROUND YOU. The search for answers before the final chapter are causing many creative minds to work together, even if arguments arise. Arguments are good, as is speculation and being creative is best. This is what the band has been about since the beginning, this is why you may be getting false leads: Beliefs stunt the mind's growth, and questioning authority strengthens it.

We know you want answers right now, you want results. But so do we. Why do the members lurk in the shadows so many times? It's not because they (or we?) don't love you. But the band (us?) are secondary: YOU ARE FIRST. The opinions are there, how you choose to apply them to your own life, or if you use them as a tool to form your own and alter the way you live has nothing to do with the messengers. Tool (yours truly?) love you dearly, and this final chapter is all about you.

A sign of who I am will be visible soon. I may have reached five peoplee the first time around, maybe more this time. Either way, you guys are doing exactly what you should be/need to be doing right now. How you choose to use it from here is up to you.

Communicate.

-Anothertediousjaunt
RedVilliam
03-20-2006, 08:09 PM

From the prophets that brought you such great harbingers and Aenima, Lateralus, and TBA now get ready for the real deal with Tool's new album "Apocalypse Nowish" and the award winning single "We tried to fu*king tell you, but you were all to damn selfish, stubborn, and full of your own misguided bull shit to listen". Due out in April 2033.
every rule?
Old 03-20-2006, 08:09 PM   #61
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12

From the prophets that brought you such great harbingers and Aenima, Lateralus, and TBA now get ready for the real deal with Tool's new album "Apocalypse Nowish" and the award winning single "We tried to fu*king tell you, but you were all to damn selfish, stubborn, and full of your own misguided bull shit to listen". Due out in April 2033.
every rule?
T-13h's Avatar T-13h
03-20-2006, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles
wtf?
He's like > _____ > that close to not sounding crazy...
Old 03-20-2006, 09:12 PM   #62
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles
wtf?
He's like > _____ > that close to not sounding crazy...
03-20-2006, 11:23 PM

He is crazy
Old 03-20-2006, 11:23 PM   #63
Banned.

He is crazy
kickstandjesus
03-20-2006, 11:30 PM

If you would like to read the rest of the (band's?) threads go to the web site above I think you will find them interesting, whether you choose to believe them(it) is up to you, but I think things will be more clear on April 1, if this is a hoax, they have formed their whole band around it and of course many others are involved. Why would a band make their whole message be a hoax, no. Who other than Tool would pick this way to start a movement, very subtle, behind the scenes as not to draw too much attention, not ever giving too much information, if anyone was going to start a movement, they couldn't have thought of a better way. Remember this involves more than just the band, it involves other like minded artists. I think much more than we realize...syncrocity

Last edited by kickstandjesus; 03-20-2006 at 11:50 PM..
Old 03-20-2006, 11:30 PM   #64
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

If you would like to read the rest of the (band's?) threads go to the web site above I think you will find them interesting, whether you choose to believe them(it) is up to you, but I think things will be more clear on April 1, if this is a hoax, they have formed their whole band around it and of course many others are involved. Why would a band make their whole message be a hoax, no. Who other than Tool would pick this way to start a movement, very subtle, behind the scenes as not to draw too much attention, not ever giving too much information, if anyone was going to start a movement, they couldn't have thought of a better way. Remember this involves more than just the band, it involves other like minded artists. I think much more than we realize...syncrocity

Last edited by kickstandjesus; 03-20-2006 at 11:50 PM..
TheRuleOfThree's Avatar TheRuleOfThree
03-20-2006, 11:33 PM

Note to those who have read this thread...

Read this forum (http://www.10000-days.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=1) and you'll understand what this guy is babbling about. Besides plagiarism, there is a point to his posts, even though none of them are his thoughts.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:33 PM   #65
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 23

Read this forum (http://www.10000-days.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=1) and you'll understand what this guy is babbling about. Besides plagiarism, there is a point to his posts, even though none of them are his thoughts.
Xariable's Avatar Xariable
03-20-2006, 11:42 PM

I'm late. TenSpeed covered this. This is in vain or for some corroborational use.

Quote:
Perhaps it is a reference to the Jungian concept anima conjoined with the anal douching we call an enema. Track 13 of Aenima seems to be describing an enema of sorts. However, I'm sure there exist other interpretations less literal and more symbolic.

Just a thought,
RG
Old 03-20-2006, 11:42 PM   #66

I'm late. TenSpeed covered this. This is in vain or for some corroborational use.

Quote:
Perhaps it is a reference to the Jungian concept anima conjoined with the anal douching we call an enema. Track 13 of Aenima seems to be describing an enema of sorts. However, I'm sure there exist other interpretations less literal and more symbolic.

Just a thought,
RG
03-20-2006, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRuleOfThree

every piece of copied text is cited, sweetheart.....and wow you really added alot, absolutely nothing...thx for giving the site that I already provided, you must be special
Old 03-20-2006, 11:45 PM   #67
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRuleOfThree

every piece of copied text is cited, sweetheart.....and wow you really added alot, absolutely nothing...thx for giving the site that I already provided, you must be special
03-20-2006, 11:46 PM

Tool fanatics scare me. I wonder if Tool ever thought that their music would inspire such cult-like devotion. I had the impression that they were against that...
edit: They seem to be taking advantage of that pretty well.

Tool must hate their fans, and fucks arounds with them for personal amusement.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:46 PM   #68
Banned.

Tool fanatics scare me. I wonder if Tool ever thought that their music would inspire such cult-like devotion. I had the impression that they were against that...

03-20-2006, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ÆmorphousEnigma

I have a feeling you'd like that, I sometimes think the same. The behavior does seem obsessive. However, I see noone being hurt. Thanks for joining the club, incidentally.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:51 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ÆmorphousEnigma

I have a feeling you'd like that, I sometimes think the same. The behavior does seem obsessive. However, I see noone being hurt. Thanks for joining the club, incidentally.
03-20-2006, 11:52 PM

Disinformation is metaphor for our life, why do you think they are doing it, it a message to you(of course only my opinion) syncrocity
Old 03-20-2006, 11:52 PM   #70
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Disinformation is metaphor for our life, why do you think they are doing it, it a message to you(of course only my opinion) syncrocity
03-20-2006, 11:56 PM

I could care less what Tool's message is.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:56 PM   #71
Banned.

I could care less what Tool's message is.
kickstandjesus
03-21-2006, 12:00 AM

[/QUOTE]Tool must hate their fans, and fucks arounds with them for personal amusement.[/QUOTE]

yeah, you are totally right man. Wow, like, bro, yeah like the band is just fake and this is all a big joke. All the work they put into their albums was just to get a big laugh. All the lyrics are jibbrish, oh so is all of Alex Greys artwork, and David Lynch's Films. They were all made to mock you the one that doesn't understand....
Old 03-21-2006, 12:00 AM   #72
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

[/QUOTE]Tool must hate their fans, and fucks arounds with them for personal amusement.[/QUOTE]

yeah, you are totally right man. Wow, like, bro, yeah like the band is just fake and this is all a big joke. All the work they put into their albums was just to get a big laugh. All the lyrics are jibbrish, oh so is all of Alex Greys artwork, and David Lynch's Films. They were all made to mock you the one that doesn't understand....
03-21-2006, 12:01 AM

Quote:
No offense. However, I think it's time you BRIEFLY formulate the connection between Jungian's syncrocity and Tool's albums (Carl G. Jung himself wasn't above explaining his interpretations, after all he was not in the business of hard science). You would be best understood by using a syllogism.

I'm allowing for the possibilty that I'm dense. I also think that I'm not obliged to interpret your intrepretation to get to your point. If it is so clear to you make it clear to us. Otherwise, I have serious doubts as to the credibilty of your hypothesis as a whole.

RG

Last edited by Xariable; 03-21-2006 at 12:03 AM..
Old 03-21-2006, 12:01 AM   #73

Quote:
No offense. However, I think it's time you BRIEFLY formulate the connection between Jungian's syncrocity and Tool's albums (Carl G. Jung himself wasn't above explaining his interpretations, after all he was not in the business of hard science). You would be best understood by using a syllogism.

I'm allowing for the possibilty that I'm dense. I also think that I'm not obliged to interpret your intrepretation to get to your point. If it is so clear to you make it clear to us. Otherwise, I have serious doubts as to the credibilty of your hypothesis as a whole.

RG

Last edited by Xariable; 03-21-2006 at 12:03 AM..
03-21-2006, 12:08 AM

I feel really sorry for the mods. They must be going through hell.

kickstandjesus: Tool produces a product and has marketing strategy.

edit: Guys, get a life. Listen to something different for a change.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:08 AM   #74
Banned.

I feel really sorry for the mods. They must be going through hell.

kickstandjesus: Tool produces a product and has marketing strategy.

edit: Guys, get a life. Listen to something different for a change.
STA's Avatar STA
03-21-2006, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xariable

RG
Yep, Xariable is officially my new favorite poster.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:09 AM   #75
STA
Banned.

Bincount™: 11285

Quote:

RG
Yep, Xariable is officially my new favorite poster.
Mehhico's Avatar Mehhico
03-21-2006, 12:10 AM

Quote:

RG
Perfect! Well said.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:10 AM   #76
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

RG
Perfect! Well said.
03-21-2006, 12:10 AM

http://10000-days.com/forums/index.php

Again if you have questions you are going to have to research it yourself and connect THE dots. I have niether the patience nor the time to explain it all to you, its your job to do that, I am just trying to help. If anything I aM very far frOm knowing it all, but I do knoV I am on the rIght track......as far as syncrocity I would apply this thEory current eventS, not broadly but more specifically to the area of business that Tool comes from. Think of other unexplained, things that have coinsided with TOOL's releases almost to the day(Hint 1) not music (2)There is a thread about it on this site, I am done for now go talk to anomaly over at http://10000-days.com/forums/index.php
, he is also on the right track

Last edited by kickstandjesus; 03-21-2006 at 12:19 AM..
Old 03-21-2006, 12:10 AM   #77
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Again if you have questions you are going to have to research it yourself and connect THE dots. I have niether the patience nor the time to explain it all to you, its your job to do that, I am just trying to help. If anything I aM very far frOm knowing it all, but I do knoV I am on the rIght track......as far as syncrocity I would apply this thEory current eventS, not broadly but more specifically to the area of business that Tool comes from. Think of other unexplained, things that have coinsided with TOOL's releases almost to the day(Hint 1) not music (2)There is a thread about it on this site, I am done for now go talk to anomaly over at http://10000-days.com/forums/index.php
, he is also on the right track

Last edited by kickstandjesus; 03-21-2006 at 12:19 AM..
03-21-2006, 12:13 AM

Quote:

Again if you have questions you are going to have to research it yourself and connect THE dots. I have niether the patience nor the time to explain it all to you. If anything I aM very far frOm knowing it all, but I do knoV I am on the rIght track......as far as syncrocity I would apply this thEory current eventS, not broadly but more specifically to the area of business that Tool comes from.
You Sir, are an IDIOT.

Cheers

PS: Tool thinks so too.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:13 AM   #78
Banned.

Quote:

Again if you have questions you are going to have to research it yourself and connect THE dots. I have niether the patience nor the time to explain it all to you. If anything I aM very far frOm knowing it all, but I do knoV I am on the rIght track......as far as syncrocity I would apply this thEory current eventS, not broadly but more specifically to the area of business that Tool comes from.
You Sir, are an IDIOT.

Cheers

PS: Tool thinks so too.
Goldfoot
03-21-2006, 12:16 AM

Quote:
If you seek answers you need not go far, I suggest that everyone of you go and read the lyrics for AEnima, and Lateralus(both albums together) very carefully and if you can not tell then read them again until it is clear. This is definitely act III of a modern epic. I say again read the lyrics!
The lyrics are all saying the same thing. It's all about the music. How many times is Maynard gonna tell me what I already know? That it is a gift to be alive. That I need to push myself beyond what I think are my limits. I know all that.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:16 AM   #79
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 88

Quote:
If you seek answers you need not go far, I suggest that everyone of you go and read the lyrics for AEnima, and Lateralus(both albums together) very carefully and if you can not tell then read them again until it is clear. This is definitely act III of a modern epic. I say again read the lyrics!
The lyrics are all saying the same thing. It's all about the music. How many times is Maynard gonna tell me what I already know? That it is a gift to be alive. That I need to push myself beyond what I think are my limits. I know all that.
03-21-2006, 12:18 AM

Quote:

Bull. The quasi-scholars on Wikipedia managed to give an example of it in one paragraph (i.e. the plum pudding story). You can do the same if you know what you're talking about. It's not esoteric knowledge or hypothesizing.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:18 AM   #80

Quote:

Bull. The quasi-scholars on Wikipedia managed to give an example of it in one paragraph (i.e. the plum pudding story). You can do the same if you know what you're talking about. It's not esoteric knowledge or hypothesizing.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply