opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 01. Stinkfist
User Name
Password
Old 03-12-2004, 06:56 AM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Musical Orgasm

The section in Stinkfist from 'Relax, Slip away' to 'Something kinda sad about...' is just like a musical orgasm. The way it builds up and builds up until the music virtually explodes is incredible. If you surrender yourself to this song and let the music flow through you and over you it feels unbelievable. It's my favourite piece of music ever, simply because it provides everything I could ever ask for from a song.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:52 AM   #2
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 0
Musical Orgasm

l agree...l love that part.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 10:53 AM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8
Re: Musical Orgasm

lol theres a good way of putting it. ^_^
Old 03-25-2004, 08:23 AM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Playing it on the drums is something else too. I know exactly what you mean. It is my favorite part of any tool song to play next to the solo on 46 and 2.
Old 03-25-2004, 04:57 PM   #5
Level 8 - Vociferous

Yeah...l like the H. solo too.
Old 05-03-2004, 01:20 PM   #6
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer3331
Playing it on the drums is something else too. I know exactly what you mean. It is my favorite part of any tool song to play next to the solo on 46 and 2.
Oh fuck yeah. I don't play drums, but Jesus Christ, the drum interlude type thing on Ænema at around, 2:50 seconds-ish is in-fucking-credible. I spend hours in class trying to imitate the drum part with my fingers and hands.I love it.
Old 05-16-2004, 12:24 AM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

That's about how I felt about Triad.
Old 05-23-2004, 04:01 PM   #8
Level 3 - Talker

"And as the walls come down and
As I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade
Recalling all of the times
I have died
and will die.
It's all right.
I don't mind."

Yes we all havea song that makes us feel that way for me its that part in the song H. it really builds up and explodes i love it :)
Old 05-25-2004, 08:22 PM   #9
Level 3 - Talker

i love that exact part on H.!!!!! its my favorite part of the song!!!!and that part in stinkfist omigod i go into some kind of trance and i cant think about anything else!!! i feel uttley in xtc!!
Old 06-01-2004, 07:14 AM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

i think every thing in life, just as music, is like an orgasm. everything builds and climaxes and then slowly but surely begins to fall. like a sneeze, like i sed an orgasm, waitin for sumthing you are looking forward to, music(i try to incorperate this in my music, as i play bass and it makes it so powerful and effective its unbelievable) and most other things in life. life itself is based around this, how u live and then it climaxes which is wen u die. its just one theory i have of things in life and involving life so if u dont agree just ignore me, its only my theory and my opinion lol! i belive instead of waitin to enjoy the climax itself which is what people live 4, we should learn to enjoy the waiting more to prevent boredom and to make every aspect of life exciting. this way we wouldnt be so obsessed with the thought of the climax.

just a bunch of crazy thougts from a kid lol,

love and respect, jack
Old 06-01-2004, 12:38 PM   #11
On Probation

Bincount™: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinfunk
The section in Stinkfist from 'Relax, Slip away' to 'Something kinda sad about...' is just like a musical orgasm. The way it builds up and builds up until the music virtually explodes is incredible. If you surrender yourself to this song and let the music flow through you and over you it feels unbelievable. It's my favourite piece of music ever, simply because it provides everything I could ever ask for from a song.

Those things are awesome, i get one in stinkfist when he screams, "How can this mean anything to me? If i really don't feel anything at all?...I'll KEEP digging! Til I FEEL something!" i love that, and its the reason i became obsessed with tool.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:23 PM   #12
Level 3 - Talker

The song that really got me hooked on Tool was Parabola. It was mainly the end part
"This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
Embrace this moment. Remember. We are eternal.
All this pain is an illusion."
I love that part so much I heard it bout 3 years ago I think and I been listening to tool ever since :)
Old 06-14-2004, 11:27 PM   #13
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbid_Angel
The song that really got me hooked on Tool was Parabola. It was mainly the end part
"This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
Embrace this moment. Remember. We are eternal.
All this pain is an illusion."
I love that part so much I heard it bout 3 years ago I think and I been listening to tool ever since :)

Yep, Schism was the first tool song I ever heard. That last part of Parabola is my favorite as well. And my favorite part of H. is the one you guys were mentioning before. That part is amazing. I also Love the first Angry chorus of The Grudge, the chorus of Aenima, and the part of ticks and leeches were he goes "Is this what you wanted, is this what you had in mind!"
Old 06-15-2004, 02:32 AM   #14
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 62

well, i have favorites song, but i like to hear some in different situations, my job is like 60 miles from home, so i get to drive a lot, whenever i driving late at night, the mood is perfect for "Merkaba"

if i'm really mad and angry, then "Pushit" (the salival version) soothes me down..

have you tried listening "No quarter" having sex?
Old 06-19-2004, 11:37 PM   #15
On Probation

Bincount™: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold

have you tried listening "No quarter" having sex?

i shuld, i've done it listening to 4 degrees and flood though. It was really nice.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:40 AM   #16
Level 4 - Thinker

yeah it is a great song now that you mention it there is a wierd elating feeling i get from it

"I would have much rathered Jesus being hanged, that way, all Christians would wear nooses around their necks."~Kapoo

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: