opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » Disp/Refl/Triad
User Name
Password
Old 02-06-2003, 01:13 PM   #1
X

Bincount™: 746
Great thinking songs

Has anyone ever heard about how you can think better when you are listening to certain music? Usually Beethoven and Bach are the composers whos music this theory is associated with. To me, Tool's Disp/Refl/Triad really works for me. I was listening to these songs during a test today and it was... well I cant explain it. Not a Toolgasm :( , but just put on your headphones during a test (If your teacher lets you) and try it out.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 11:14 PM   #2
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 8
Re: Great thinking songs

I don't think my teachers will let that fly......damn femi-nazis.....lol, I'll try though.
Old 02-12-2003, 06:30 AM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
I often listen to lateralus while studying (usually for calc or physics or some sort of science class) even during finals, I haven't listened to it while in an exam, never tried cuz most prof. dont like it but I just put in the CD and it for some reason does seem to go well w/ my studying...I don't know if it helps but I like it playing while studying.
Old 02-17-2003, 02:44 PM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 44
I cannot listen to tool while working or studying because ill end up paying more attention to the music than the work itself
Old 03-11-2003, 02:17 PM   #5
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
i find that lateralus is really great music to listen to while thinking, simply because it puts off such strong vivid colors. it's actually been an inspiration to a lot of my own artwork, and these three songs are also great to listen to while falling asleep. it's like a lulliby
Old 03-11-2003, 02:42 PM   #6
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 62
Quote:
Originally posted by corgansthirdeye
I cannot listen to tool while working or studying because ill end up paying more attention to the music than the work itself
Yep, same with me, the music is more important after all...

Quote:
Originally posted by xXlotusXx
these three songs are also great to listen to while falling asleep.
Hmm, I fall asleep while listening to Dimmu Borgir or some black metal. I can't fall asleep listening to Tool 'cause I have to hear the whole album.

Disposition and Reflection makes my brain functional...
Old 03-15-2003, 05:37 AM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

Raidohead is the greatest music to fall asleep to. Ive also dosed off to ions of aenima a few times only to be woken up by third eye
Old 03-15-2003, 05:54 AM   #8
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally posted by xXlotusXx
i find that lateralus is really great music to listen to while thinking, simply because it puts off such strong vivid colors. it's actually been an inspiration to a lot of my own artwork, and these three songs are also great to listen to while falling asleep. it's like a lulliby
i agree. it's like you can get lost in it. what i tend to do is put lateralus or undertow on repeat for hours at a time and just work, time goes by so quickly when you just let it go while listening to something great.

and as far as falling asleep to tool, i do that a lot also, lateralus is a great cd to do that to.
Old 03-15-2003, 07:56 AM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 37
i cant have really really good music on in the background when im studying i mean i need music to study but if i have tool on i eventually get lost in the music and start tripping out lol. but i dont mind listening to apc or rasputina or the sneaker pimps or even teaparty whilst studying but just not tool to listen to tool it has to have my 100% undivided attention tool just cant be background music its just not rihg damnit lol

peace out

normz
Old 04-12-2003, 07:03 PM   #10
X

Bincount™: 746
Now I listen to Disp/Ref/Triad while push carts at work. Its a very good way to disconnect from the drudgery of work.
Old 03-18-2004, 06:11 PM   #11
Level 4 - Thinker

there was this study done and they found something called the mozart effect where when playing a few specific mozart symphonies and sonatas, and when subjects were tested with these songs played their test scores were signifigantly higher. theres a bunch of studies it shouldnt be that difficult to find info if u search for "mozart effect"
Old 03-18-2004, 06:17 PM   #12
Banned.

Bincount™: 2518

KING CRIMSON is absolutely great to study to . . .

i cant study to TOOL anymore - i want to listen to the music, and not concentrate on my studies . . .

crow011 . . .
Old 03-20-2004, 03:50 AM   #13
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 360

Quote:
there was this study done and they found something called the mozart effect where when playing a few specific mozart symphonies and sonatas, and when subjects were tested with these songs played their test scores were signifigantly higher. theres a bunch of studies it shouldnt be that difficult to find info if u search for "mozart effect"
Incidently, it's bullshit. And, I swear, if I see one more *** playing fucking Mozart for their three month old babies, I'll go postal on their stupid asses.

Oh, and as for the topic... I can't think when listening to music. At all. Actually, I'm listening to music while typing this... Which probably explains a whole fuck of a lot. Generally speaking, though, no matter how shit the music actually is, I find myself unable give it anything less than my complete ignorance or my complete attention. I can't half-listen to music.

Last edited by dischordance; 03-20-2004 at 03:53 AM..
Old 03-25-2004, 06:39 PM   #14
Level 8 - Vociferous

l sleep to TOOL...but it takes about an hour to get to sleep because l'm singing.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:16 PM   #15
Banned.

Bincount™: 2930

...sounds like fun!
Old 03-31-2004, 01:12 PM   #16
Level 8 - Vociferous

No...they're not a whole. They're not all together in the true order.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: