Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
St. John Walters
08-28-2006, 08:38 PM

Did anyone else notice that in Tool's 2002 Knoxville's show they did with King Crimson that after Triad ended and they walked off stage and came back out to do Lateralus as the encore.. Maynard thanks Meshuggah and the crowd and tells the audience to follow their dreams and think for themselves and stuff... then the band starts playing Wings For Marie (pt1)... Then after 2 minutes of it they quit and Maynard sais "We'll see you on the other side."

Don't know if that was brought up or not... any more occurances like this? Maybe on an Aenima tour they played something from Lateralus :P

Last edited by St. John Walters; 08-28-2006 at 08:41 PM..
Old 08-28-2006, 08:38 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Looking Into The Future From The Past

Did anyone else notice that in Tool's 2002 Knoxville's show they did with King Crimson that after Triad ended and they walked off stage and came back out to do Lateralus as the encore.. Maynard thanks Meshuggah and the crowd and tells the audience to follow their dreams and think for themselves and stuff... then the band starts playing Wings For Marie (pt1)... Then after 2 minutes of it they quit and Maynard sais "We'll see you on the other side."

Don't know if that was brought up or not... any more occurances like this? Maybe on an Aenima tour they played something from Lateralus :P

Last edited by St. John Walters; 08-28-2006 at 08:41 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
hushypushy's Avatar hushypushy
08-28-2006, 09:23 PM

yeah, this has been brought up a bunch of times....there are a few 2002 bootlegs floating around with that wings for marie riff being played.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:23 PM   #2
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988
Re: Looking Into The Future From The Past

yeah, this has been brought up a bunch of times....there are a few 2002 bootlegs floating around with that wings for marie riff being played.
08-29-2006, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hushypushy View Post
That was not his question. Jesus.

and to answer his question: I'm not sure about the lateralus stuff on the aenima tour, but I know they played Stinkfist (and other Aenima tunes) during the Undertow tour. A lot of the songs weren't complete but were still jammin'.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:05 AM   #3
Banned.

Bincount™: 3710

Quote:
Originally Posted by hushypushy View Post
That was not his question. Jesus.

and to answer his question: I'm not sure about the lateralus stuff on the aenima tour, but I know they played Stinkfist (and other Aenima tunes) during the Undertow tour. A lot of the songs weren't complete but were still jammin'.
Stinkfyst's Avatar Stinkfyst
08-29-2006, 08:05 PM

I heard something that sounded like The Patient during this live mp3 of Aenema. Not sure if it was just me though.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:05 PM   #4
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

I heard something that sounded like The Patient during this live mp3 of Aenema. Not sure if it was just me though.
08-31-2006, 12:00 AM

King crimson wasn't there. I WAS THO LOL

ANOTHER DEAD HERO.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:00 AM   #5
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 155

King crimson wasn't there. I WAS THO LOL

ANOTHER DEAD HERO.
ChristianTroy
08-31-2006, 10:57 AM

Yep, definitely no King Crimson. I was about 10 feet from the stage. They also didn't walk off stage before Lateralus. I don't remember Wings for Marie, but then again, I didn't know what Wings for Marie was at that time. That was a pretty good show by the way.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:57 AM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Yep, definitely no King Crimson. I was about 10 feet from the stage. They also didn't walk off stage before Lateralus. I don't remember Wings for Marie, but then again, I didn't know what Wings for Marie was at that time. That was a pretty good show by the way.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply