opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » 11. Reflection
User Name
Password
Old 05-12-2003, 09:50 PM   #41
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 64
eslupminoyler, that was a good read ; ) I identified with some of the moments you mentioned, definitely. That probably explains this little grin on my face.

-Tant
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 07:13 AM   #42
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
Tant, I just have to say that your take on answers to questions is a good one. The most intense questions we have are personal and the answers can only be understood "perfectly" by ourselves through the medium in which we experienced our answers. Half of the geniouses who go crazy go crazy because they can no longer communicate with others. Others have no frame of reference for their thoughts and ideas. Expressing these answers in English words sometimes even degrades the meaning of the answerr we receive.
Old 05-13-2003, 03:36 PM   #43
Level 7 - Loquacious

Location: I live in Heaven, but I'm on a vacation without my passport to get back.
Bincount™: 7
I concur

I definetely agree that many extraordinary beings grow bored and in doing so lack communication placing a barrier on growth that comes from the interaction with other human beings
Emotional art, preferably water color is the best means for relating an experience powerful enough to be desensitized by English
I don't quite see your use of the word "Medium", you say we can only experiences can only be understood "perfectly" by ourselves through the medium in which we experienced our answers. Do you mean medium as an altered state, or do you mean it as a middle ground between your search for the answer and your own mind.
Whichever way you mean medium, I wouldn't mind you telling me both sides of the medium, because medium is middle so there must be two extremes, one asking the question and once answering it. OR possibly the question could be the medium, The two extremes of North and South or SUmmer and WInter could in fact be where the answers are, almost like plus and negative creating balance.
peace
relyonimpulseeslupminoyler
eslupminoylerrelyonimpulse
rreellyyoonniimmppuullssee
eesslluuppmmiinnooyylleerr
rleyoinmpluseelsupimnolyer
eseslulupmpmininoyoylelerr
rrelelyoyoninimpmpululsese
-balance
Old 05-13-2003, 04:05 PM   #44
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 64
Re: I concur

Quote:
Originally posted by eslupminoyler
I don't quite see your use of the word "Medium
Medium can also mean an 'environment' or 'milieu' like air, or water.... M-W's website defines it as "a condition or environment in which something may function or flourish ".

I think that was the context paraflux was referring to. ; )

-MeEp
Old 05-14-2003, 07:33 AM   #45
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
Thats right, Tant, although I could have perhaps picked a better word, or a less ambiguous one. Let me try to rephrase.

Actually I just looked at it and decided I couldnt think of a better word right now. Sorry for confusion.
Old 12-24-2003, 02:10 AM   #46
Banned.

Bincount™: 56
Re: the one mind theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissonance
Philosophically/Realistically, we can't be all one mind.

Property of Identity -
Everything that is true of X is true of Y if and only if X is identical to Y. If something is true of X that is not true of Y, then X and Y are not identical.

We cant all have the same mind because our minds have certain properies unique to us. My mind is unique to me, my thoughts are private and inaccessible by anyone else. Its impossible for everyone to share a mind/soul.
your logic is unlogical.
Old 01-10-2004, 12:19 AM   #47
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

I don't take this as a theory. The lyrics tell you to crucify the ego and you will come to find...

For me, this has come in the form of coincidences. If I keep work on crucifying my ego, I begin to experience coincidences -- I hear exactly what I need to hear to make the next step on my journey. People around me say things that have double-meanings for me. I pull a book off the shelf at "random" and it answers a question I had asked myself minutes earlier. Some days I have this stuff all day. For a while it made me paranoid, but then I realized that all of these coincidences led me in the right direction for my journey to continue.

I know I'm not "reading too much into things," because every time I start reading into things, the coincidences stop happening. When I try to put cause-and-effect rationality back into the driver's seat, I get nowhere. So I stopped asking why (as much) and started accepting things as they are.
Old 01-17-2004, 09:31 PM   #48
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

Property of Identity -
Everything that is true of X is true of Y if and only if X is identical to Y. If something is true of X that is not true of Y, then X and Y are not identical.

We cant all have the same mind because our minds have certain properies unique to us. My mind is unique to me, my thoughts are private and inaccessible by anyone else. Its impossible for everyone to share a mind/soul.
This is exactly what your ego tells you. It says "I'm different and separate-- not like the others and these are my own ideas."

You believe your thoughts are private and inaccessible to other egos. In fact, the opposite is the case, we are just not conscious of it. The ego looks for itself in others, people who have the same thought patterns. It does this to validate its own existence (a belief in separateness) and attacks others to validate its separateness. It chooses the things you hate about other people.

You and I slaves to the ego. We all are until it is crucified. When it is, you will just know, it's not something you have to think about anymore. You will stop wanting anything. You will be okay with everything you have. You will intuitively know how to handle situations and won't experience that pull of "should I do this or that" anymore.

The above ideas are from my current reading... "A Course in Miracles." I believe these things through having experienced them. Miracles are instances when the ego is crucified--where old ideas are let go of because they are insane. The first sign of insanity is denial, and trust me, we are all quite insane. The ego does everything it can to preserve this insanity. To break the insanity, we have to do things that we don't want to do. For example, when you don't feel like taking out the garbage, it is the ego saying "I have something better to do." Acknowledge that voice, but don't do what it says. Take out the garbage. I can't imagine why you wouldn't welcome any change, my friend.

One tiny bit at a time, when you start experiencing miracles, you will be increasingly intolerant of any form of negativity within yourself and you will *come to find*

We can be okay with the current situation though, I think NIN said it best:

slave screams he spends his life learning conformity
slave screams he claims he has his own identity
slave screams he's going to cause the system to fall
slave screams but he's glad to be chained to that wall
Old 01-18-2004, 12:28 PM   #49
Orbis De Ignis

Bincount™: 462

I also think that everything is connected, that we are all one and that there is no such thing as death and I haven't even dropped acid yet!- I just have my intuition telling me that thats the way things are.
Old 06-04-2004, 06:46 PM   #50
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillclover
the only thing that really put the all is one concept into perspective for me was Micheal Talbot's the Holographic Universe. highly recommeded.
Yes, definetly, excellent book, remember like a holograph each fragment contains the whole.
Old 06-20-2004, 03:34 PM   #51
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

maybe the one mind idea is a referance to the holy spirit which is part of everyone on earth. if you dont like the whole biblical referance think of it as we all share a unity consiciousness that crazy christians call the holy spirit!
Old 06-24-2004, 04:38 PM   #52
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:

Property of Identity -

Possible though to share the same existence as different "parts" of itself. With each experience being unique to which ever "part" experienced the event. What pops into my head is:

- "all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness, experiencing itself subjectively."

Which is what is being played in the beginning of Third Eye on Aenima (though i didnt include all of what was played). Now with respect to the verse in Reflection which suggest the one mind theory, it almost makes sense to me. If everyone were able to think on the same level (not think the same thoughts), if there were no restrictions of the world today, humanity can more than likely accomplish something splendid.
Just a thought.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:46 AM   #53
Level 3 - Talker

This was an excellent thread. Some really fascinating ideas being presented here.
I just wanted to know: do any of you have any book reccomendations concerning this 'one mind' or 'universal consciousness' theory, excluding aforementioned Holographic Universe which I'm going to check out?
Old 08-13-2004, 04:32 PM   #54
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 110
Re: elementary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejecta48
I mean the similarity between the electrons and neutrons circling the atom and the planets circling our own sun is striking to me. Is it possible that we, like the atom to the bacteria in our own body, are in fact ignorantly part of a greater intelligence (god him/herself?)
i like that a lot, the atom thing. and i agree. to be honest, well i read the whole thread....=( a little embarrassing but i couldnt understand most of the stuff because of the big words fellas, other than that i got i would say abotu half to three quarters of it. =) anyways, regarding the quote. i beleive it was on thirdeyegathering.com on this forum, which i posted on another thread here, its a very interesting forum over on that site, i read that think of earth just as bacteria. look at the bacteria on our planet. lives about nine seconds, thats even a little too much. well whatever the time for existance for those little guys, to the universe...were the bacteria. compared to how long the universe has been there, or so we beleive, we are merely bacteria who have lived for abotu nine seconds. and if the mayans were right, our nine seconds of fame will end about 2012. so i guess it kind of ties in with the one mind theory, and you really have to open up for this one to sort of make sense. in a sense that if we are all little bacteria for nine seconds, well blood cells are bacteria, so we are blood cells in part of a body like so many of you have stated earlier than me. sorry if im jumping around, just something to think about
Old 08-14-2004, 06:35 AM   #55
Level 4 - Thinker

I relate to most things said. The ego is a very tricky thing. Even the most intelligent people are fooled by it.

I read this somewhere today. It pretty much says what I'm thinking all my life.

THE LAW OF ONE

We are all one.
When one is harmed, all are harmed.
When one is helped, all are healed.
Therefore, in the name of who I AM,
and I am one with all;
I ask that ONLY THAT WHICH IS THE HIGHEST GOOD OF ALL CONCERNED
happen here.

I give thanks that this is done.
Old 08-14-2004, 03:08 PM   #56
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherPieceOfThePuzzle
I relate to most things said. The ego is a very tricky thing. Even the most intelligent people are fooled by it.

yeuup i agree

Quote:

happen here.

I give thanks that this is done.**
huh?

please explAIN
i slow in brAIN
Old 08-15-2004, 10:16 PM   #57
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus
This was an excellent thread. Some really fascinating ideas being presented here.
I just wanted to know: do any of you have any book reccomendations concerning this 'one mind' or 'universal consciousness' theory, excluding aforementioned Holographic Universe which I'm going to check out?
Oh god, don't do it!

*Leaps on the grenade*

So they built as men must build
With the sword in one hand and the trowel in the other.

T.S. Eliot.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:29 AM   #58
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
huh?

please explAIN
i slow in brAIN

Sure. It means we should always consider what's beneficial for all and what helps evolution, and never look at things individually. Which is easier said than done.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:58 PM   #59
Level 1 - Lurker

those of us who are in one mind are simply aware of what our minds are or could be capable of... those who dont understand, lilke or listen to Tool are unaware of what the mind is capable of. someone once told me they think it takes drugs to understand anyof the "abnormal" things like telepathy, esp or Tool.. anyone sober know otherwise?
those of us who are aware are one mind to me because theyre looking for the same answer or knowledge or truth... think about it. we like Tool because they provoke the knowledge, answers or truth...
Old 08-18-2004, 02:09 PM   #60
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 358

Quote:

I read this somewhere today. It pretty much says what I'm thinking all my life.

THE LAW OF ONE

We are all one.
When one is harmed, all are harmed.
When one is helped, all are healed.
Therefore, in the name of who I AM,
and I am one with all;
happen here.

I give thanks that this is done.
Quote:
Sure. It means we should always consider what's beneficial for all and what helps evolution, and never look at things individually. Which is easier said than done.
Be careful. Evolution isn't concerned with goodness; it's a blind process. Certainly it's not going to care about what's beneficial for all. Remember that all we do now [so far as I can tell] is a derivative of evolution; we cannot, I think, step outside our nature. If looking at the whole is difficult to do, it's probably evolved that way. It's sometimes not beneficial to promote a completely selfless ideology. Sometimes the individual must come to the fore.

So they built as men must build
With the sword in one hand and the trowel in the other.

T.S. Eliot.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:22 AM   #61
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

M

Last edited by Madklikor; 08-19-2004 at 02:21 PM..
Old 08-19-2004, 06:22 AM   #62
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrakandor
Be careful. Evolution isn't concerned with goodness; it's a blind process. Certainly it's not going to care about what's beneficial for all. Remember that all we do now [so far as I can tell] is a derivative of evolution; we cannot, I think, step outside our nature. If looking at the whole is difficult to do, it's probably evolved that way. It's sometimes not beneficial to promote a completely selfless ideology. Sometimes the individual must come to the fore.
I am carefull, don't worry :) You are right about the individual. When I think of a selfless ideology, I mean a society where everyone automatically thinks whats best for 'mankind', without ego's. This does not mean we have to neglect our own personal qualities.

Anyway, I do not want to convince anyone of this. It's just my take, as I'm sure you know. My belief is that we all come from one source, but therefor we are not identical. When you break a piece of glass you will never have identical pieces.
And about evolution being a blind process: yeah that may be true. Something to think about. But every beginning has its end imo. I consider it likely that some day it all fits together again.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:45 AM   #63
Level 8 - Vociferous

i agree/disagree....i disagree becausefirst of al it would be very difficult for everyone to think on the same page, but beleive me, i, like you, would love for that to happen. second of all, bad things have to happen for us to evolve. as much as we dont want people thinking for themselves, or a friendly environment where people can all state their ideas..who knows if that would leave us to evolve. its like "if all people were the same, life would be boring" well who knows if everyone thought the same, which i know they wont, but there aren't too many people out there who would push the lines of thinking, then we might not get any ideas.and look at AEnima. it means a big disaster will happen to let people wake up. which is true. we need something bad for us to stop taking things for grantide and being a selfish individual. look at 9/11. no one even cared on 9/10, 9/9 where their family members were going to be. do you think that any of them, on that day, gave them their biggest hug and said they love them, just out of spite? maybe a few, but i doubt it happened too much. look at the war in iraq, although to most people a negative thing, look at the groups it formed against bush, look at how many people have met each other who wouldve never met each other in the first place if they hadnt had protested the war. its stupid but i think you get my idea. so basically all im saying is that there have to be those not so cooperative times in life. whether it be a person who says no, a force, anything..you need those to get positive (yin and yang).

but i agree, because if everyone does work together, there are no limits to what we can accomplish. so many people with so many ideas. they can each contribute something. we would be able to answer so many questions and get rid of stupid things that just divide us. like money and race..all of these things we just created. think abuot it..nothing is real, all races, money, countries...once we get these things out of the way....well be a lot better off. i think i stated something like this in a schism post.o.O...but anyways..as you can see i agree and disagree. both ideas make a lot of sense. to me anyways. but who knows!
Old 10-03-2004, 09:31 AM   #64
On Probation

Bincount™: 21

i think youre taking "we are all one mind" a bit too literally
ive always taken it to reflect how everything as a whole moves in the same direction. everybody is trapped in a complex, interweaving web of cause and effect, binding everybody together and to each other. being so closely united, life as a whole (not just a person's individual life, but all life as one) cannot stray arbitrarily away from itself, instead, everything moves - and acts - as one mind
Old 10-03-2004, 12:54 PM   #65
Banned.

Bincount™: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalSanityOff
i think youre taking "we are all one mind" a bit too literally
ive always taken it to reflect how everything as a whole moves in the same direction. everybody is trapped in a complex, interweaving web of cause and effect, binding everybody together and to each other. being so closely united, life as a whole (not just a person's individual life, but all life as one) cannot stray arbitrarily away from itself, instead, everything moves - and acts - as one mind
i agree completely, on this level of consciousness that is. In a 3 dimensional world you can only begin to see nothing as its real self. Are you really breathing?

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: