Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Rock & Roll
User Name
Password
Khastra_KSC's Avatar Khastra_KSC
06-23-2011, 02:24 PM

So I am going against people's advice and posting this as MY band and not as MY FRIEND'S band. lol.

Check us out!
http://www.facebook.com/cieloband?sk=app_2405167945

I wanted to share this with you guys since this is one of the 2 forums I actually come to and I have always enjoyed the variety present in this place.
Anyways, we are called CIELO. I posted a song before, and we took into account many suggestions that were given. We finished the whole album a month-ish ago.
Album is called 'Psy-chal'

Here's a track list with descriptions:
Track 1 - Heightened - (heavier tune)
Track 2 - Overtaken - (heavier and maybe our more "metal" song)
Track 3 - Coalesce - (the song I posted before... It fits in the progression and serves its purpose :)
Track 4 - Some Kind of Enlightenment - (No description available)
Track 5 - Redemption - (There is no turning back)

I would genuinly like to know what you guys think. I am not asking for likes. We have a YouTube channel up with some little vids I made and our FaceBook page has alot of art on it.

Speaking of art... If you do like it, and feel inspired to create something, send it to me on FaceBook and I will link it on our page. One of my close friends has been doing this and its been alot of fun! I don't want credit/rights. There is no money involved.

Hope this isn't lame. Just wanted to share!

Last edited by Khastra_KSC; 06-23-2011 at 02:32 PM..
Old 06-23-2011, 02:24 PM   #1
formerly [i]from death we are nothing[/i]

Bincount™: 173
Just wanted to share my band...

So I am going against people's advice and posting this as MY band and not as MY FRIEND'S band. lol.

Check us out!
http://www.facebook.com/cieloband?sk=app_2405167945

I wanted to share this with you guys since this is one of the 2 forums I actually come to and I have always enjoyed the variety present in this place.
Anyways, we are called CIELO. I posted a song before, and we took into account many suggestions that were given. We finished the whole album a month-ish ago.
Album is called 'Psy-chal'

Here's a track list with descriptions:
Track 1 - Heightened - (heavier tune)
Track 2 - Overtaken - (heavier and maybe our more "metal" song)
Track 3 - Coalesce - (the song I posted before... It fits in the progression and serves its purpose :)
Track 4 - Some Kind of Enlightenment - (No description available)
Track 5 - Redemption - (There is no turning back)

I would genuinly like to know what you guys think. I am not asking for likes. We have a YouTube channel up with some little vids I made and our FaceBook page has alot of art on it.

Speaking of art... If you do like it, and feel inspired to create something, send it to me on FaceBook and I will link it on our page. One of my close friends has been doing this and its been alot of fun! I don't want credit/rights. There is no money involved.

Hope this isn't lame. Just wanted to share!

Last edited by Khastra_KSC; 06-23-2011 at 02:32 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Underalus's Avatar Underalus
06-23-2011, 02:44 PM

whoa! I really like the bass' sound. As far as I've heard (the first song) it's pretty good.

edit: I thought the piano was hammy sometimes and then I really loved it at other times, within the same song even. It's place at the beginning of Coalesce is great but I didn't dig it as much towards the end. That being said, it's still pretty and it flows with the song, I just thought the mood clashed. It's hard to explain, I'm sorry. I also liked the downplayed vocals a lot.

Last edited by Underalus; 06-23-2011 at 02:54 PM..
Old 06-23-2011, 02:44 PM   #2
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 67
Re: Just wanted to share my band...

whoa! I really like the bass' sound. As far as I've heard (the first song) it's pretty good.

edit: I thought the piano was hammy sometimes and then I really loved it at other times, within the same song even. It's place at the beginning of Coalesce is great but I didn't dig it as much towards the end. That being said, it's still pretty and it flows with the song, I just thought the mood clashed. It's hard to explain, I'm sorry. I also liked the downplayed vocals a lot.

Last edited by Underalus; 06-23-2011 at 02:54 PM..
Carny_Handles's Avatar Carny_Handles
06-23-2011, 09:09 PM

so far i'm on coalesce, and i'm really loving the music. Thanks for posting. IS there a place where i can buy a cd from you guys? Keep up the good work.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:09 PM   #3
seeyouauntie

Bincount™: 8695

so far i'm on coalesce, and i'm really loving the music. Thanks for posting. IS there a place where i can buy a cd from you guys? Keep up the good work.
06-24-2011, 06:42 AM

Really nice stuff here. I am mostly into listening to electronic stuff at this point in my life, but I really dig what you guys are doing, and found myself listening to your stuff longer than I expected too. Definitely loads of tool influence in there, but you took it into more of a progressive direction. And Its got some nice trippy layers in there. Your production is really good too!!!
Old 06-24-2011, 06:42 AM   #4
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 217

Really nice stuff here. I am mostly into listening to electronic stuff at this point in my life, but I really dig what you guys are doing, and found myself listening to your stuff longer than I expected too. Definitely loads of tool influence in there, but you took it into more of a progressive direction. And Its got some nice trippy layers in there. Your production is really good too!!!
06-24-2011, 05:36 PM

Is it lame to say that I was nervous to look back at this thread. lol. Thank you for listening!

There is actually no "bass player" in the band. It is a baritone guitar run through an axe-fx. Me and the guitarist trade off alot on who is playing up high and who's down low (I am the baritone player/lyricist). All guitar tones are from the Axe-Fx (for any gear guys).

There aren't any cd's for sale yet because a ligament injury in Mr. Drummer's hand has kept us from playing shows :( And we are all students in our early 20's and have no money. It is still currently in the works.
We care more about sharing this with anyone and everyone we can right now anyways. If we are true to the music and believe in what we do, I think the money will generate itself naturally. Also, a band-mate with a music-business degree helps ;) Its more important to connect with people. Just my opinion.

I appreciate the production compliment because it was a lot of work. A year to write. 3 months to record. Can't wait to do it again.

Speaking of which, the engineer is a student at GSU as well and is an amazing guy. This was recorded in our basement practice space on ProTools... He's got a future, imo for sure and loves what he does. If you are in Atlanta and wanna record let me know and I will see what he is up too.

And this is a trippy cd. It is actually about a trip. Though I think this is the only place I will admit to that. lol. I thought about putting it in the Self-Med forum......... But no one would see it ;)

Last edited by Khastra_KSC; 06-24-2011 at 05:37 PM..
Old 06-24-2011, 05:36 PM   #5

Is it lame to say that I was nervous to look back at this thread. lol. Thank you for listening!

There is actually no "bass player" in the band. It is a baritone guitar run through an axe-fx. Me and the guitarist trade off alot on who is playing up high and who's down low (I am the baritone player/lyricist). All guitar tones are from the Axe-Fx (for any gear guys).

There aren't any cd's for sale yet because a ligament injury in Mr. Drummer's hand has kept us from playing shows :( And we are all students in our early 20's and have no money. It is still currently in the works.
We care more about sharing this with anyone and everyone we can right now anyways. If we are true to the music and believe in what we do, I think the money will generate itself naturally. Also, a band-mate with a music-business degree helps ;) Its more important to connect with people. Just my opinion.

I appreciate the production compliment because it was a lot of work. A year to write. 3 months to record. Can't wait to do it again.

Speaking of which, the engineer is a student at GSU as well and is an amazing guy. This was recorded in our basement practice space on ProTools... He's got a future, imo for sure and loves what he does. If you are in Atlanta and wanna record let me know and I will see what he is up too.

And this is a trippy cd. It is actually about a trip. Though I think this is the only place I will admit to that. lol. I thought about putting it in the Self-Med forum......... But no one would see it ;)

Last edited by Khastra_KSC; 06-24-2011 at 05:37 PM..
06-24-2011, 05:40 PM

I just realized how much I wrote and feel pretentious. I think I am having withdrawals from the lack of playing with my drummer.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:40 PM   #6

I just realized how much I wrote and feel pretentious. I think I am having withdrawals from the lack of playing with my drummer.
06-24-2011, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carny_Handles View Post
If you feel ok about it just PM me an address and one will be in the mail...
It is a burned cd, though. I can make it look pretty. lol.

Last edited by Khastra_KSC; 06-24-2011 at 07:27 PM..
Old 06-24-2011, 07:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carny_Handles View Post
If you feel ok about it just PM me an address and one will be in the mail...
It is a burned cd, though. I can make it look pretty. lol.

Last edited by Khastra_KSC; 06-24-2011 at 07:27 PM..
Rubb.'s Avatar Rubb.
06-24-2011, 08:03 PM

This ain't bad at all.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:03 PM   #8
Illuminator of Lightitude
Suicide Booth ID: 20

Location: Van Diemens Land Penis Length: 1.4 inches Vagina Capacity: 7.2 inches
Bincount™: 21769

This ain't bad at all.
06-25-2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubb. View Post
This ain't bad at all.
Thank you.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubb. View Post
This ain't bad at all.
Thank you.
07-04-2011, 06:28 AM

Making videos on Final Cut is hard. lol.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:28 AM   #10

Making videos on Final Cut is hard. lol.
moya_moya's Avatar moya_moya
07-04-2011, 07:23 AM

I really like what I have heard so far, Khastra! Do you have an electronic version to share? This sounds like the dreamy type music I love to run to, so would love to load it on my ipod and give it a full listen.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:23 AM   #11
Dan's alias

Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site
Bincount™: 14550

I really like what I have heard so far, Khastra! Do you have an electronic version to share? This sounds like the dreamy type music I love to run to, so would love to load it on my ipod and give it a full listen.
07-04-2011, 10:42 AM

Moving this to the Creativity forum where it belongs (hint hint).
Old 07-04-2011, 10:42 AM   #12
dan
tool fan

Bincount™: 33962

Moving this to the Creativity forum where it belongs (hint hint).
07-05-2011, 02:34 AM

Really think you guys have got something
enjoying your music very much
keep it up
Old 07-05-2011, 02:34 AM   #13
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 134

Really think you guys have got something
enjoying your music very much
keep it up
Loveboat Captain's Avatar Loveboat Captain
07-08-2011, 11:09 AM

I'm really digging the whole atmospheric, almost instrumental rock thing. The vocals are very affective and come in at just the right times. Tight and varied drumming. Great arrangement. Some Toolish bits but if I wasn't hearing you on a Tool forum I doubt I'd even pick that out. Good luck to you.

I avoid cliches like the plague.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:09 AM   #14
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 200

I'm really digging the whole atmospheric, almost instrumental rock thing. The vocals are very affective and come in at just the right times. Tight and varied drumming. Great arrangement. Some Toolish bits but if I wasn't hearing you on a Tool forum I doubt I'd even pick that out. Good luck to you.

I avoid cliches like the plague.
Lackymacky's Avatar Lackymacky
09-16-2011, 10:42 AM

(y)(y) good stuff man...my kind of music
Old 09-16-2011, 10:42 AM   #15
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 110

(y)(y) good stuff man...my kind of music
09-17-2011, 12:10 PM

I dig this. Heavily.