Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
NoD
07-23-2007, 03:42 PM

well over a year now with no official lyrics or even inclusion of 10,000 days on toolband....it's almost as if they are ashamed of it and don't want it recognized as an offical album, only tour with it and make some cash...*** of course
Old 07-23-2007, 03:42 PM   #1
NoD
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1239
Is tool that disappointed in themselves they don't include 10k days on their site?

well over a year now with no official lyrics or even inclusion of 10,000 days on toolband....it's almost as if they are ashamed of it and don't want it recognized as an offical album, only tour with it and make some cash...*** of course
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
~FB~'s Avatar ~FB~
07-23-2007, 03:52 PM

well it does take them 5 years to release an album, maybe it takes another 5 to recognize it. also: maybe Blair is just a douche bag.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:52 PM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 3
Re: Is tool that disappointed in themselves they don't include 10k days on their site

well it does take them 5 years to release an album, maybe it takes another 5 to recognize it. also: maybe Blair is just a douche bag.
MadMax's Avatar MadMax
07-23-2007, 04:10 PM

Oh yeah, the webmaster didn't update the official site...that must mean the members of Tool are ashamed of 10,000 Days. Are you kidding me? I'm positive that all four members of Tool are happy with the album. Maynard said in an interview that the 10,000 Days album is the closest thing to their vision, but not quite 100% there(something like that).
Old 07-23-2007, 04:10 PM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Is tool that disappointed in themselves they don't include 10k days on their site

Oh yeah, the webmaster didn't update the official site...that must mean the members of Tool are ashamed of 10,000 Days. Are you kidding me? I'm positive that all four members of Tool are happy with the album. Maynard said in an interview that the 10,000 Days album is the closest thing to their vision, but not quite 100% there(something like that).
plexus's Avatar plexus
07-23-2007, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoD View Post
youre a dick.
are you serious?
you think tool isnt proud of this album? doesnt consider this an album?
youre retarded.
youre just trying to be a dick. And youre good at it.

Im sure the reason why its not up there is cause it the site looks like shit.
A new badass site was in the works before 10,000 days came out.. the only part that came to us was the intro page.
Their album area is flash... its a lot of trouble opening that old flash file and editing the animation and shit to include another album... especially when youre going to trash your old site pretty soon.
That, or redo it all... and blair sucks at it so it would look like shit anyway.

So the real question is what the hell happened to that new site thats supposed to be done by that john davis guy.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:10 PM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 17

Quote:
youre a dick.
are you serious?
you think tool isnt proud of this album? doesnt consider this an album?
youre retarded.
youre just trying to be a dick. And youre good at it.

Im sure the reason why its not up there is cause it the site looks like shit.
A new badass site was in the works before 10,000 days came out.. the only part that came to us was the intro page.
Their album area is flash... its a lot of trouble opening that old flash file and editing the animation and shit to include another album... especially when youre going to trash your old site pretty soon.
That, or redo it all... and blair sucks at it so it would look like shit anyway.

So the real question is what the hell happened to that new site thats supposed to be done by that john davis guy.
Ghostwriter's Avatar Ghostwriter
07-23-2007, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefnaspleaf View Post
Figure out how to use the glasses to look at all four pictures at once. If you can figure this out, then you'll have figured out how to see into the fourth dimension and you can see the real website.
No NoD, use the glasses to stare into the sun, only then will you understand 10,000 Days...
Old 07-23-2007, 04:11 PM   #5
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefnaspleaf View Post
Figure out how to use the glasses to look at all four pictures at once. If you can figure this out, then you'll have figured out how to see into the fourth dimension and you can see the real website.
No NoD, use the glasses to stare into the sun, only then will you understand 10,000 Days...
NoD
07-23-2007, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
Maynard said in an interview that the 10,000 Days album is the closest thing to their vision, but not quite 100% there(something like that).
I'm sure it was an old interview during the release right? Like maynard and danny said, when an album first comes out they can't properly reflect on it because they're still so close to it..it really takes time for them to look back on a record. Maybe in hindsight they aren't so satisfied.

or maybe maynard's vision is getting a little blurred with all the buttseks at 65.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:41 PM   #6
NoD
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
Maynard said in an interview that the 10,000 Days album is the closest thing to their vision, but not quite 100% there(something like that).
I'm sure it was an old interview during the release right? Like maynard and danny said, when an album first comes out they can't properly reflect on it because they're still so close to it..it really takes time for them to look back on a record. Maybe in hindsight they aren't so satisfied.

or maybe maynard's vision is getting a little blurred with all the buttseks at 65.
plexus's Avatar plexus
07-23-2007, 05:20 PM

Quote:

holy crap... your bin count is bigger than your post count.
why are you still here?
Old 07-23-2007, 05:20 PM   #7
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

holy crap... your bin count is bigger than your post count.
why are you still here?
MadMax's Avatar MadMax
07-23-2007, 05:37 PM

I'm pretty sure that the interview was recently. I respect your opinion, but don't trash the album without good reasons for doing so. Personally, I think 10,000 Days is Tool's best album yet. They evolve and get better every CD.

What's this bin count thing anyways?
Old 07-23-2007, 05:37 PM   #8
Level 4 - Thinker

I'm pretty sure that the interview was recently. I respect your opinion, but don't trash the album without good reasons for doing so. Personally, I think 10,000 Days is Tool's best album yet. They evolve and get better every CD.

What's this bin count thing anyways?
NoD
07-23-2007, 05:40 PM

fuckin plexus...the first rule of the bin, you do NOT TALK ABOUT THE BIN.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:40 PM   #9
NoD
Level 9 - Obstreperous

fuckin plexus...the first rule of the bin, you do NOT TALK ABOUT THE BIN.
emir7's Avatar emir7
07-23-2007, 06:10 PM

Their tour specs on the website are pretty unreliable too -- the webmaster claimed they were playing at the "Verizon Wireless Amphitheater" in Boston on July 12th; a non-existant venue.

After I figured that out, I stopped taking anything on the site to heart. A website doesn't/shouldn't define a band anyway, that's how I look at it.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:10 PM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

Their tour specs on the website are pretty unreliable too -- the webmaster claimed they were playing at the "Verizon Wireless Amphitheater" in Boston on July 12th; a non-existant venue.

After I figured that out, I stopped taking anything on the site to heart. A website doesn't/shouldn't define a band anyway, that's how I look at it.
Hodge
07-23-2007, 08:21 PM

people still fail to realize that this was the decoy album
Old 07-23-2007, 08:21 PM   #11
Smokes poutine every day

Bincount™: 6367

StoneyB's Avatar StoneyB
07-23-2007, 09:05 PM

It's almost hard to believe that I'm still finding ignorent posts like this. Good job NoD.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:05 PM   #12
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12

It's almost hard to believe that I'm still finding ignorent posts like this. Good job NoD.
hushypushy's Avatar hushypushy
07-24-2007, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emir7 View Post
Yeah, especially since most band sites these days are on shitty Myspace.

Has anyone noticed that the rest of the site hasn't been updated in a long time either? Check out the pictures section, I don't think there is anything from even the Lateralus tour in there.

One day they'll update the site. Is it really that big of a deal?
Old 07-24-2007, 11:24 AM   #13
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988

Quote:
Originally Posted by emir7 View Post
Yeah, especially since most band sites these days are on shitty Myspace.

Has anyone noticed that the rest of the site hasn't been updated in a long time either? Check out the pictures section, I don't think there is anything from even the Lateralus tour in there.

One day they'll update the site. Is it really that big of a deal?
07-24-2007, 12:54 PM

plexus.

How many times do you have to be asked to refrain from insidious name-calling? Jesus fucking christ.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:54 PM   #14
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070

plexus.

How many times do you have to be asked to refrain from insidious name-calling? Jesus fucking christ.
plexus's Avatar plexus
07-24-2007, 11:48 PM

sorry. ill be good.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:48 PM   #15
Level 8 - Vociferous

sorry. ill be good.
marcus's Avatar marcus
07-25-2007, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyB View Post
I rarely come in the 10,000 days section. Many of the people that frequent this section will rise to any bait and I prefer more of a challenge. That and you people will take me seriously.

That said, If you are going to call someone ignorant, at least spell it correctly.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:06 AM   #16
Gearhead

Bincount™: 3077

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyB View Post
I rarely come in the 10,000 days section. Many of the people that frequent this section will rise to any bait and I prefer more of a challenge. That and you people will take me seriously.

That said, If you are going to call someone ignorant, at least spell it correctly.
MistaSparkle
07-29-2007, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
I don't know why, but this made me laugh.

::retreats back into uber-lurk zone::
Old 07-29-2007, 02:31 PM   #17
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
I don't know why, but this made me laugh.

::retreats back into uber-lurk zone::

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply