Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 01. Vicarious
User Name
Password
[email protected]
09-23-2014, 02:36 AM

hey hardcore fans of tool I'm wondering if any of you out there are listening closely enough to hear the TV come on in the background of vicarious it happens at about the 5 minute 45 second mark listen closely
it's there. now thats subtle. a song placating humanities dark tendency tand capacity to tolerate suffering and oppression as long as its not seeminly able to affect them directly. i can almost hear like a national news guy reporting some kind of weird story like a two headed albino buffalo was born today and the natives say thats the sign they've been wsiting forkind of story or something. that might be a bit of a stretch but there is for sure a television swithef on.
Old 09-23-2014, 02:36 AM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
a tv comes on

hey hardcore fans of tool I'm wondering if any of you out there are listening closely enough to hear the TV come on in the background of vicarious it happens at about the 5 minute 45 second mark listen closely
it's there. now thats subtle. a song placating humanities dark tendency tand capacity to tolerate suffering and oppression as long as its not seeminly able to affect them directly. i can almost hear like a national news guy reporting some kind of weird story like a two headed albino buffalo was born today and the natives say thats the sign they've been wsiting forkind of story or something. that might be a bit of a stretch but there is for sure a television swithef on.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
iamjoey31's Avatar iamjoey31
09-23-2014, 01:50 PM

I have heard that. Also, if you listen closely, when Maynard is singing "Drowned by the ocean, shot by his own son..." and so forth, in the background there is a news reporter repeating exactly what Maynard is singing.

Good observations. Spiral out Man. :)
Old 09-23-2014, 01:50 PM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: a tv comes on

I have heard that. Also, if you listen closely, when Maynard is singing "Drowned by the ocean, shot by his own son..." and so forth, in the background there is a news reporter repeating exactly what Maynard is singing.

Good observations. Spiral out Man. :)
09-23-2014, 03:31 PM

I disagree on where it starts, I really think it starts fading in at 4:58, and it becomes increasingly easier to hear and distinguish throughout the rest of the bridge. Good catch, though--I've known it was there for a long time and enjoyed the attention to detail but never really thought much of it.

You can hear it distinctly in this isolated vocal track at about the same time (late 4:50s): Isolated Vocal Vicarious Track

Tool - June 20, 2010 - A Perfect Circle - July 22, 2011 - Tool - January 21, 2012 -
Nine Inch Nails - November 5, 2013 - Skinny Puppy - January 30, 2014 - Tool - March 24, 2014 - Tool - January 13, 2016
Old 09-23-2014, 03:31 PM   #3
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 89
Re: a tv comes on

I disagree on where it starts, I really think it starts fading in at 4:58, and it becomes increasingly easier to hear and distinguish throughout the rest of the bridge. Good catch, though--I've known it was there for a long time and enjoyed the attention to detail but never really thought much of it.

You can hear it distinctly in this isolated vocal track at about the same time (late 4:50s): Isolated Vocal Vicarious Track

Tool - June 20, 2010 - A Perfect Circle - July 22, 2011 - Tool - January 21, 2012 -
Nine Inch Nails - November 5, 2013 - Skinny Puppy - January 30, 2014 - Tool - March 24, 2014 - Tool - January 13, 2016
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply