Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 01. Vicarious
User Name
Password
62827's Avatar 62827
07-26-2011, 05:48 AM

I wonder why that is.... oh right, because Justin Chancellor rips this album to pieces on his Wal like none other. I'm a bass enthusiast, and JC is one of my few idols. He is great on all of the Tool albums he's been in, but this one is the easiest to hear his riffs and he had some breakthrough performances with songs such as The Pot, Wings For Marie + 10,000 Days and JAMBI. Omg talk about the most epic bass line I've ever heard!

Again, not saying that his work on the other albums aren't noteworthy, and it is debatable that Lateralus has some of his best, if not most intricate work, and AEnima features his debut with songs such as 46&2, but I still dig the epic Wal tone in 10K Days because it feels more "chuggy" and vibrant in a way. I really hope he matches this sound in the next album!

and it's not just him that makes it a great album, Danny also brings back his signature drumming in songs such as 10K Days and with Adams guitar wailing over everything it reminds me why I love this band so god damn much. I'll never get tired of it and I can't wait to see what they do next!
Old 07-26-2011, 05:48 AM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2
I listen to this album more than any other by Tool

I wonder why that is.... oh right, because Justin Chancellor rips this album to pieces on his Wal like none other. I'm a bass enthusiast, and JC is one of my few idols. He is great on all of the Tool albums he's been in, but this one is the easiest to hear his riffs and he had some breakthrough performances with songs such as The Pot, Wings For Marie + 10,000 Days and JAMBI. Omg talk about the most epic bass line I've ever heard!

Again, not saying that his work on the other albums aren't noteworthy, and it is debatable that Lateralus has some of his best, if not most intricate work, and AEnima features his debut with songs such as 46&2, but I still dig the epic Wal tone in 10K Days because it feels more "chuggy" and vibrant in a way. I really hope he matches this sound in the next album!

and it's not just him that makes it a great album, Danny also brings back his signature drumming in songs such as 10K Days and with Adams guitar wailing over everything it reminds me why I love this band so god damn much. I'll never get tired of it and I can't wait to see what they do next!
09-18-2011, 01:18 PM

I dig the bass tone too. Seems to have more balls as if to say "go fuck yourself".

Or something like that...
Old 09-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #2
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 4198
Re: I listen to this album more than any other by Tool

I dig the bass tone too. Seems to have more balls as if to say "go fuck yourself".

Or something like that...
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Don't_Need_Validation
09-25-2011, 01:16 PM

I personally like Lance Bass and AJ. OMG, they are so CUTE!

sorry, had to.

Good musician, indeed.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:16 PM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0

I personally like Lance Bass and AJ. OMG, they are so CUTE!

sorry, had to.

Good musician, indeed.
creativenameisnotava
09-25-2011, 08:40 PM

Indeed Justin's work is badass on this album. Love the way his bass sounds with Danny's drumming.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:40 PM   #4
Banned.

Bincount™: 1

Indeed Justin's work is badass on this album. Love the way his bass sounds with Danny's drumming.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply