opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Old 05-14-2007, 04:00 PM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/07/01 - Youngstown, OH - Chevrolet Center

Tool
July 1, 2007
Cincinnati, OH - US Bank Arena
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:14 PM   #2
submit and reveal what you hide and congeal

Bincount™: 402
Re: 2007/07/01 - Youngstown, OH - Chevrolet Center

No replies? you've got to be fucking kidding me. Is there ANYONE here going to this show?
Old 05-18-2007, 07:06 AM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aenigmatic96 View Post
No replies? you've got to be fucking kidding me. Is there ANYONE here going to this show?
Between Youngstown and Cinci for me. Anyone know what the Youngstown Chevrolet Center is like? Sound? Security? How big is that place?
Old 05-19-2007, 08:39 AM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

QUESTION: Anyone know the venue seating set-up? Is the venue having seats on the floor or is it free for all general admission? Also, anyone know of a current seating chart for the Chevrolet Centre? I've found several and don't know which one to use. Post a link or guide me please. I called the venue but so far haven't spoken to the right person. And today (Saturday) means the offices are closed.

I've read tour posting, but most people don't give detail about the floor situation. Seats, no seats etc... Does this option depend on venue or is it a band's option/choice? Thanks!
Old 05-19-2007, 10:58 AM   #5
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by taj77 View Post
QUESTION: Anyone know the venue seating set-up? Is the venue having seats on the floor or is it free for all general admission? Also, anyone know of a current seating chart for the Chevrolet Centre? I've found several and don't know which one to use. Post a link or guide me please. I called the venue but so far haven't spoken to the right person. And today (Saturday) means the offices are closed.

I've read tour posting, but most people don't give detail about the floor situation. Seats, no seats etc... Does this option depend on venue or is it a band's option/choice? Thanks!
Right on gettix.net. They have the correct seating chart for the venue. Just click on the Tool show.

And when I talked to the girl at Gettix on the phone, she made it sound like there were no more floor seats left. But I'm not completely sure. It's best to ask probably, anyways.

As for me, I'm Section 221, Row D, Seats 11 and 12. I can't wait. *shivers*
Old 05-19-2007, 01:07 PM   #6
Level 2 - Poster

Just picked up a pair of tix. Can't tell you how happy I am. Caught them every time through since '93. Mostly in Detroit but I've lived in the Cleveland area for 6 years so everything since Lateralus tour I've seen around here.

Rock on.

Here's to Maynard not preaching politics. It's so fucking annoying, same as it is when ANYBODY does it.

Matt
Old 05-21-2007, 04:55 PM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

If anyone has any ?'s about this venue,bars, or anything else about this show let me know. I live in Y-town and cannot believe they are playing here! Always had to drive to Cleveland or Pittsburgh to catch a show. This will be my 8th tool show. Maybe just maybe(not holding my breath though) we will hear 'jimmy'. Just because we are closer to Ravenna then Cleveland. They did play it way back in 96 at the agora, the same show that moron went up on stage and we missed the end of Aenema.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:12 AM   #8
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkForYourselF View Post
If anyone has any ?'s about this venue,bars, or anything else about this show let me know. I live in Y-town and cannot believe they are playing here! Always had to drive to Cleveland or Pittsburgh to catch a show. This will be my 8th tool show. Maybe just maybe(not holding my breath though) we will hear 'jimmy'. Just because we are closer to Ravenna then Cleveland. They did play it way back in 96 at the agora, the same show that moron went up on stage and we missed the end of Aenema.
How big is this venue? What's the sound like?
Old 05-22-2007, 12:51 PM   #9
Level 2 - Poster

It holds about 6000. I've seen Korn and Staind there, both sounded pretty good. There is no bad seat in the place, except for this show I don't think I would want to be in the back floor sections. I'm in 206 row F. Shoud be just abve Adams head. It seems smaller than CSU in Cleveland.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:29 PM   #10

It seems to be close to normal arenas like the wolstein center etc, maybe a little bit smaller. I have floor seats, so that breaks up the rumor that there is general admission. It surprises me that there are this little tool fans around youngstown. But fuck, this show should be insane. Closest show to Ravenna they've played that i know of.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:35 PM   #11
Level 2 - Poster

Yeah, I'm not from Ohio, but this is the closest show to where I live. I usually just went to Pittsburgh, which is an hour away. I hope your crowds are better than some of those bastards. People really don't know how to just let their bodies absorb the music without feeling like they need to become a bunch of loud, inebriated dickwads. Some of the people at the Pittsburgh shows were just terrible.

I hope it will be good company. I already know it will be an AMAZING band.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:32 PM   #12
Level 2 - Poster

I got 4 tickets for the show, floor seating, section 103, row M.

I can not wait, July 1st can't come fast enough.

I just hope the setlist is solid, which it should be.

See ya guys there!
Old 05-28-2007, 12:11 AM   #13
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
I doubt that we will get to here it. However, I was at that agora show and got in free without tickets in the middle of the second song after harassing the bouncers at the door for about 45 minutes. They were thowing drunks out of the bar and we kept saying, "come on! thats more open seats, please!" It only took two songs for them to finally let the 3 of us in :) . And I seem to remember that we heard Jimmy at the Rubber Bowl for Ozzfest 98. That was the show that Maynard said was the first time his mother had ever seen them play and it happened to be under one of those grey "dead ohio skies".
Ozzfest '98 - Rubber Bowl, Akron under a dead ohio sky
Cleveland sept '01
Nationwide Arena, Columbus OH 9/06
Old 05-28-2007, 12:18 AM   #14
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveMeMyWings051 View Post
I hope your crowds are better than some of those bastards. People really don't know how to just let their bodies absorb the music without feeling like they need to become a bunch of loud, inebriated dickwads. Some of the people at the Pittsburgh shows were just terrible.

I hope it will be good company. I already know it will be an AMAZING band.
Dont hold your breath......The cleveland show the week of 9/11 is where the crowd started chanting USA for some stupid fucking reason and Maynard had to put the smack down on them.
Ozzfest '98 - Rubber Bowl, Akron under a dead ohio sky
Cleveland sept '01
Nationwide Arena, Columbus OH 9/06
Old 05-30-2007, 04:51 PM   #15

I don't hold very high hopes for a crowd anywhere at a Tool show. The vast majority of Tool fans are nothing but drunk, jock douche bags. And with the show being right next to Youngstown State University, I'm sure there will be a lot of frat boys. Tool fans are some of the most ignorant music listeners ever. It's a shame Tool is trying to convey a different message, I guess they are just appealing to a mainstream crowd.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:38 PM   #16
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
I don't hold very high hopes for a crowd anywhere at a Tool show. The vast majority of Tool fans are nothing but drunk, jock douche bags. And with the show being right next to Youngstown State University, I'm sure there will be a lot of frat boys. Tool fans are some of the most ignorant music listeners ever. It's a shame Tool is trying to convey a different message, I guess they are just appealing to a mainstream crowd.
as this is true, I think the crowd should be good.

Most of the people I know that are going truly love this band and I believe will give the band and the other fans the respect deserved at a concert.

You never know though, I just hope it turns out to be a good show.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:09 PM   #17
Level 4 - Thinker

For anyone living in or around Youngstown I got a few questions:

Is there only 1 motel around there ( only found the super 8 )
Hey how is the security for the venue?
Any good places to eat?
Old 05-31-2007, 07:43 PM   #18
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Sad, but true. You really see it at these concerts. Unbelievable amount of assholes.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:54 PM   #19
Level 4 - Thinker

im driving 6 people 4 hours to see these guys because this show is on a sunday and our work is closed. All of us are huge tool fans and i know we will be very very pleased. i've been reading a lot of posts about this tour so far with people complaining about the set list,the crowd , security....... WHO CARES. TOOL IS RITE IN FRONT OF YOU the greatest band ever. Relax and embrace the moment i cant fucking wait!
Old 06-02-2007, 01:07 PM   #20
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVmetal View Post
For anyone living in or around Youngstown I got a few questions:

Any good places to eat?
Look around the Boardman area. At the intersection of US224 and South ave, there has got to be 4-5 hotels. Would be good if your coming up from the south. It is right off the exit of 680(at 224). Short ride from there to the arena(10 min if that). For eats, every chain resteraunt in the free world is also in that area. If you want some cool local places let me know. Security, hmmmm. I never had any problems. There is parking right next to the CC($$), But there is FREE parking in the parking deck across from the post office. Not to mention free parking on any downtown street.

Steve
Old 06-02-2007, 06:54 PM   #21
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Look around the Boardman area.
If you want some cool local places let me know.
Security, hmmmm. I never had any problems.
There is parking right next to the CC($$), But there is FREE parking in the parking deck across from the post office.

Steve
Thanks alot for the info about the area, and yea I would to get to a local place to eat rather then a fast food joint. As for the parking, anything free with a bit of security is alot better then venue parking, but how much is it usually for parking there? Also of a place to stay, I think the Super 8 might work, I got a friend that works at one and I get score his employee discount.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:53 AM   #22
Level 4 - Thinker

Anyone know how this show is selling? Will it sell out? Not sure if I will make it or not. I'd love to go but can't commit to it now, would have to buy tix at the door.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:26 PM   #23
Level 2 - Poster

Well, I ordered from gettix.net over the phone about a week and a half ago. I talked to the girl pretty thoroughly, trying to find some worthy seats. She kept offering a bunch of side seats up in th balcony which I'm really not too fond of, so I ended up picking up Section 221, Row D, which is basically the exact middle of the upper balcony. I'm deinitely thinking that there should still be some tickets at the door. Just don't have too high of hopes for your location. Good luck.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:26 AM   #24
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveMeMyWings051 View Post
Well, I ordered from gettix.net over the phone about a week and a half ago. I talked to the girl pretty thoroughly, trying to find some worthy seats. She kept offering a bunch of side seats up in th balcony which I'm really not too fond of, so I ended up picking up Section 221, Row D, which is basically the exact middle of the upper balcony. I'm deinitely thinking that there should still be some tickets at the door. Just don't have too high of hopes for your location. Good luck.
thanks for your help. Might do Cinci for good seats and Y'town if I happen to be in the area.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:43 PM   #25
Level 4 - Thinker

does anyone know why this particular site is showing tool playing july 1st at both the Chevrolet centre in youngstown and the US bank arena in cinncinati? Should i be worried
Old 06-07-2007, 03:49 AM   #26
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepot06 View Post
does anyone know why this particular site is showing tool playing july 1st at both the Chevrolet centre in youngstown and the US bank arena in cinncinati? Should i be worried
Cinci is June 29. On this site it's still not correct. Here's a link to a local station website to ease your thoughts.....

www.realrock104.com
Old 06-07-2007, 09:35 PM   #27
Level 4 - Thinker

thanx brother think4urself im truly stressfree hope to c u there
Old 06-08-2007, 09:59 AM   #28
Level 3 - Talker

Any good places to eat?

Seeing as I lived here my whole life and worked downtown/nearby for the better part of 5 years at the old bar Nyabinghi (RIP), I know all and can happily answer these questions.

Hotels
Well you got a few options, you can go up to Boardman and get one (the best place is right off 680 heading towards Pittsburgh. Get off 224 exit (Poland/Canfield) and bam right there you got a good 3-4 hotels. As well as a few good places to eat (Youngstown Sports Grille, Outback, Carabbo's (sp?), TGIF, Red Lobster, etc....)

There is that option, other is a little more complicated to get to but alot closer to downtown. You just have to get on Belmont and head into Liberty. Actually now with the 711 extention it's not to hard to get to (but have to get off Gypsy Lane as the people who designed it didn't put a Belmont exit on the extention. But there is about 4-5 hotels there and few nice places.

Food
Well right near the Chevy Center is a few little places to eat. Forget the name of the one right across the street/where parking deck is but that's nice. Then there is the Chestnut Cafe (believe that's the name) another 2 blocks up from the venue. Then you have BW3s near. If you want good food though and drinks I suggest either go to Cedars/Cedars Cafe, University Pizzaria or the Royal Oaks. Those are all nearby the venue and within walking/driving distance.

Security
Pffffftttt I think they'll just be shocked that the venue is actually packed :-). No worries on them.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.
"The Tree of Life has got to be learnt by heart; you must know it backwards, forwards, sideways, and upside down; it must become the automatic background of all your thinking. You must keep on hanging everything that comes your way upon its proper bough."[
Old 06-08-2007, 10:02 AM   #29
Level 3 - Talker

Also if anyone wants to meet up beforehand let me know. I'll be with a few friends for sure. Find me on myspace under the moniker Pigweiser. Word.
"The Tree of Life has got to be learnt by heart; you must know it backwards, forwards, sideways, and upside down; it must become the automatic background of all your thinking. You must keep on hanging everything that comes your way upon its proper bough."[
Old 06-08-2007, 01:47 PM   #30
Level 2 - Poster

I agree with goldendawn. The Oaks is a great place for a pre concert beverage. A good friend of mine runs the place. There is a real irish pub on Steel St. (off Mahoning ave) called Co. Meigh Oh(may-o) that I recomend for a pint or two. Also very close to downtown. The bingi was a very cool place (rip) many good times there. As Ali-G would say "WESTSIDE". I second the pre-party idea.

goldendawn----named for the bar on logan perhaps?

peace out
Old 06-09-2007, 01:17 PM   #31
Level 2 - Poster

who is the opening act for this show?
Old 06-10-2007, 02:32 PM   #32
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosajh9 View Post
who is the opening act for this show?
I was wondering the exact same thing, if anyone knows that'd be excellent.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:06 AM   #33
Level 4 - Thinker

Goldendawn777 and ThinkForYourselF, thanks alot for the tips on where to get a drink. I was just in Warren a cpl days ago and drove through Boardman and Youngstown and located a few places of interest but names excape my mind at the moment. As the date draws near I'll most likely add a little more on here about locations and whatnot.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:11 AM   #34
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
I agree with goldendawn. The Oaks is a great place for a pre concert beverage. A good friend of mine runs the place. There is a real irish pub on Steel St. (off Mahoning ave) called Co. Meigh Oh(may-o) that I recomend for a pint or two. Also very close to downtown. The bingi was a very cool place (rip) many good times there. As Ali-G would say "WESTSIDE". I second the pre-party idea.

goldendawn----named for the bar on logan perhaps?

peace out
No, but that's a nice place to eat. Golden Dawn is just short for the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn of which Aleister Crowley was involved with. Thus GoldenDawn777.

I probally know who you are if you go to the Oaks and went to the Binghi, then again I may not. I'm good friends with John to. What's your name?

Oh and opener I believe is still Melt Bannana if I am not mistaken. Could be wrong, but think so.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:27 AM   #35
Level 2 - Poster

actually i looked at melt bananas tour page, and it shows them playing in montana the night of this show. looks like they end with tool on june 23rd. if anybody can figure out who is opening, that would be sweet!
Old 06-12-2007, 08:14 AM   #36
Level 3 - Talker

I wish it was Neurosis opening, then again I been wishing to see that for ions. One day they will tour together.......one day.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:44 AM   #37
Level 2 - Poster

Oh my, Neurosis would be an amazing opener. For me, no other band will still beat Isis opening. Tool and Isis were already my two favorite bands, so that show was BIG for me. My hopes, however, would be for Jesu. Amazing band.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:16 PM   #38
Level 2 - Poster

just found out from a friend that BIG BUSINESS is opening. fucking sweeeeeet!!!
Old 06-18-2007, 02:55 PM   #39
Level 3 - Talker

the absolute max capacity of the Chevrolet Center is 7500 people. there may be less people there than that,depending on how the seating is arranged.it is going to be a great show.even better is that its only an hour and a half from my house.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:04 PM   #40
Level 3 - Talker

No way, Big Business????? Holy shit. To bad it isn't the Melvins w/ Big Business but I'm down for that. Get there early folks.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: