Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Rock & Roll
User Name
Password
Adonis's Avatar Adonis
10-11-2005, 09:36 AM

hey guys, some of my friends and myself got together and put out a few songs. we're playing a few shows in the coming weeks, and i would really really appreciate some feedback on these songs.

We already know we need to tweak some things, but we would really like some outside opinions on the matter.

http://www.myspace.com/jacobenwood

thanks.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:36 AM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 7
i would love feedback on this.

hey guys, some of my friends and myself got together and put out a few songs. we're playing a few shows in the coming weeks, and i would really really appreciate some feedback on these songs.

We already know we need to tweak some things, but we would really like some outside opinions on the matter.

http://www.myspace.com/jacobenwood

thanks.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
haich's Avatar haich
10-11-2005, 09:51 AM

good arrows! don't normally listen to that kind of thing but you guys do it well!
nice grooves!

(only listened to 2 of the songs, i'll listen to the others in a bit.)
Old 10-11-2005, 09:51 AM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 47
Re: i would love feedback on this.

good arrows! don't normally listen to that kind of thing but you guys do it well!
nice grooves!

(only listened to 2 of the songs, i'll listen to the others in a bit.)
10-11-2005, 10:49 AM

thanks, man.
which ones did you listen to?
anything we could do differently?
Old 10-11-2005, 10:49 AM   #3

thanks, man.
which ones did you listen to?
anything we could do differently?
Adonis's Avatar Adonis
10-27-2005, 07:58 AM

really though... any feedback at all...

testing... 1, 2.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:58 AM   #4

really though... any feedback at all...

testing... 1, 2.
analord's Avatar analord
10-27-2005, 11:48 AM

I listened to all 4. Not bad at all. They have a catchy quality to them, and I'm sure your audiences will get into it. As for what needs improvement, I think, are the lyrics. They're kind of bland and repetitive. Also, you might do well with some energetic guitar solos.

When I heard the first song that played, I was reminded of the band Death From Above 1979. Check them out if you don't know them - maybe you'll get an idea or two. They seem to have a similar style, imo.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:48 AM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 40

I listened to all 4. Not bad at all. They have a catchy quality to them, and I'm sure your audiences will get into it. As for what needs improvement, I think, are the lyrics. They're kind of bland and repetitive. Also, you might do well with some energetic guitar solos.

When I heard the first song that played, I was reminded of the band Death From Above 1979. Check them out if you don't know them - maybe you'll get an idea or two. They seem to have a similar style, imo.
Adonis's Avatar Adonis
10-27-2005, 05:49 PM

thanks, man.
i hear what you're saying about the lyrics. i'm just the drummer, so i really never had a hand in that part of the writing process. same thing with the guitar solos. but in the newer songs that we're working on for our full-length, we've been trying to add a few more guitar breaks, and pay a bit more attention to the words gonig into the microphone.

any other suggestions?
Old 10-27-2005, 05:49 PM   #6

thanks, man.
i hear what you're saying about the lyrics. i'm just the drummer, so i really never had a hand in that part of the writing process. same thing with the guitar solos. but in the newer songs that we're working on for our full-length, we've been trying to add a few more guitar breaks, and pay a bit more attention to the words gonig into the microphone.

any other suggestions?

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply