opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Arts & Crafts
User Name
Password
Old 07-04-2011, 05:55 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 3
Woohoo! Screw galleries!

I'm goin' the DIY route. I'm staging an art exhibit (looks like early October) with a handfull of other unknown artists. If anyone knows or is an unknown artist who wants to join in, hit me up here or on my site or FB. Looking for artists who are different and NOT gallerized. Oh, it will be in Des Moines, Ia.

Last edited by siobahn; 07-04-2011 at 05:55 AM.. Reason: spelling
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:00 AM   #2
Banned.

Re: Woohoo! Screw galleries!

So i've made it to the deadline for artists to sign up & I still haven't quit although everyone has been to big of a pussy to join except my hubby and daughter. I have the distinct feeling that this will end up being a huge fail & a total embarrassment, but I'm going to see it through anyway.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:33 AM   #3
Banned.

Ok, so if you're in the Des Moines, ia area....

The Artists With Teeth Exhibit will be held from noon to 3pm on October 9th at:

Deja Vu Salon
8828 Swanson Blvd in Clive, ia.

For more info go to http://www.erikasiobahnkenny.com/leavingscars.html
Old 10-24-2011, 01:11 PM   #4
Banned.

Did you get a chance to check out the video of the exhibit? Pretty decent for a first time, considering I didn't really know what I was doing ;oP

http://www.erikasiobahnkenny.com/vids1.html
Old 11-13-2011, 12:59 AM   #5
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 1439

Quote:
Originally Posted by siobahn View Post
Did you get a chance to check out the video of the exhibit? Pretty decent for a first time, considering I didn't really know what I was doing ;oP

http://www.erikasiobahnkenny.com/vids1.html
Kudos to you for organizing that. Having that under your belt may make it easier to draw more local artists into the next one. You're now somebody who has done something, instead of somebody who wants to do something.

I live in Missoula, MT, and they've created a cool event here for local artists. It's called "First Friday" - downtown shops showcase the work of local artists, opening their doors to the public. The artists and/or the shops provide refreshments to visitors - usually local beer or regional wine. It's one of the things that's helping to keep the downtown alive, as it brings people into local businesses and connects artists with the community. It takes place on the first Friday of every month, hence the name, and usually attracts quite a crowd, even in the winter.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:49 AM   #6
Banned.

Thanks! Although I doubt that I'll do it again, I've since decided not to play the art game. It was really just sucking time away from the other things in my life that matter to me, and all the marketing and such was sucking the soul right out of making art. Maybe it would be different if I didn't have to work a day job, or if I was the type of person who was ok with the irl interaction with loads of people. I just get way to weird when I have to deal with people I don't know.

I guess it just turns out that an actual art career was more my fantasy than my dream, the reality of it just isn't what I really want.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: