Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » What's He Saying??
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Steedus
09-20-2006, 04:00 PM

i can't believe how out of hand the discussion about the lyrics of this song has become...

please post the real lyrics maynard!

also it would be great if superman could go to the house of benjamin for the insistance of "high as a wave" and "lift indite at heaven" and murderize him slowly, and also for said superbeing to go to the house of the guy who suggested and enforced "Flippants" as a word, and also the guy who said "flippant" is a noun, and murderize those two as well.

all of those occurances seem as likely as each other at this point.
we should have a poll for "who thinks flippants is a word"

only the crazies

Last edited by Steedus; 09-20-2006 at 04:51 PM..
Old 09-20-2006, 04:00 PM   #561
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: 04 - 10,000 Days (Wings pt 2) lyrics

i can't believe how out of hand the discussion about the lyrics of this song has become...

also it would be great if superman could go to the house of benjamin for the insistance of "high as a wave" and "lift indite at heaven" and murderize him slowly, and also for said superbeing to go to the house of the guy who suggested and enforced "Flippants" as a word, and also the guy who said "flippant" is a noun, and murderize those two as well.

all of those occurances seem as likely as each other at this point.
we should have a poll for "who thinks flippants is a word"

only the crazies

Last edited by Steedus; 09-20-2006 at 04:51 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Steedus
09-20-2006, 04:59 PM

having said that it really is a truly positive thing that we can all come together like this and throw ideas around, and abuse at, each other.
so i'm not condemning anyone (except you fuckers mentioned above).

this is an awesome little cultural crossroads we have here, i now know a guy from costa rica! thats fucking awesome.

so until superman knocks on your door i'd personally appreciate it if all you 'crazies' were to keep up the good work with inventing words and making absurd suggestions for lyrics which are clearly incorrect.

i love it here.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:59 PM   #562
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

having said that it really is a truly positive thing that we can all come together like this and throw ideas around, and abuse at, each other.
so i'm not condemning anyone (except you fuckers mentioned above).

this is an awesome little cultural crossroads we have here, i now know a guy from costa rica! thats fucking awesome.

so until superman knocks on your door i'd personally appreciate it if all you 'crazies' were to keep up the good work with inventing words and making absurd suggestions for lyrics which are clearly incorrect.

i love it here.
OFFLINE |  
benjamin's Avatar benjamin
09-20-2006, 08:09 PM

Would superman actually knock on a door before murderizing?

No matter, I already have a kryptonite-powered force field, around my padded cell, past the edge of nowhere, in Lalaland. Just me and my nextdoor neighbor here in our own little world, ...oh. "Howdy there, Steedus. How do you feel today? Good ..."
Old 09-20-2006, 08:09 PM   #563
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 27

Would superman actually knock on a door before murderizing?

No matter, I already have a kryptonite-powered force field, around my padded cell, past the edge of nowhere, in Lalaland. Just me and my nextdoor neighbor here in our own little world, ...oh. "Howdy there, Steedus. How do you feel today? Good ..."
09-20-2006, 08:52 PM

Simply because I thearize possible "argumentative" points to my translations of these lyrics, does not mean I'm crazy and/or stupid. Because you disagree, does not mean you're somehow credible and/or enlightened on the subject.

I guess if I suggest something other than "...enough about the collective Judas...", you'll send Wonder Woman over ASAP, right?

Well I don't know that bitches weakness, (if any) but I'll just kick her ass too. So how about...
1) "...enogh about the collect of Judas..." [col'lect n. a short prayer suitable to time and occasion]
2) "...enogh about the callet of Judas..." [cal'let v.i. to rail; to scold]
3) "...about the colet to Judas..." [col'et n. an inferior church servant]

I think numero uno is my favorite (and I think it's been posted before also). It makes more sense than 'colective Judas' does, which I'll be open to hearing an explanation of. Originaly that's how I thought it went, but, how DOES that make sense, anyway?

Last edited by benjamin; 09-20-2006 at 08:54 PM..
Old 09-20-2006, 08:52 PM   #564
Level 8 - Vociferous

Simply because I thearize possible "argumentative" points to my translations of these lyrics, does not mean I'm crazy and/or stupid. Because you disagree, does not mean you're somehow credible and/or enlightened on the subject.

I guess if I suggest something other than "...enough about the collective Judas...", you'll send Wonder Woman over ASAP, right?

Well I don't know that bitches weakness, (if any) but I'll just kick her ass too. So how about...
1) "...enogh about the collect of Judas..." [col'lect n. a short prayer suitable to time and occasion]
2) "...enogh about the callet of Judas..." [cal'let v.i. to rail; to scold]
3) "...about the colet to Judas..." [col'et n. an inferior church servant]

I think numero uno is my favorite (and I think it's been posted before also). It makes more sense than 'colective Judas' does, which I'll be open to hearing an explanation of. Originaly that's how I thought it went, but, how DOES that make sense, anyway?

Last edited by benjamin; 09-20-2006 at 08:54 PM..
OFFLINE |  
09-20-2006, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedus View Post

I think we both can agree, no matter what the true lyric turns out to be (either you're wrong and/or I'm wrong). We'll most likely sing-a-long the way we already had been anyways.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:05 PM   #565
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

I think we both can agree, no matter what the true lyric turns out to be (either you're wrong and/or I'm wrong). We'll most likely sing-a-long the way we already had been anyways.
09-20-2006, 09:34 PM

Quote:
obviously having been in a lot of discussions about the lyrics in this song means nothing. so don't bring it up.

i have looked up this fantasy word 'flippants' and www.dictionary.com agrees with me.
as do a handful of actual dictionaries. like physical ones.

anybody else?

DUDE!! Go to that damn link, type in 'flippant' exactly like that, AND BAM! RIGHT DOWN BELOW "origins" under the words related links...

It says, AND I QUOTE!!! flip'pan'cy---flip'pant'ness NNNOOOOUUUNNN!!!!!!

Yeah! do ya feel that HUUUHHH>>>say like Ace Ventura. LOL!
Old 09-20-2006, 09:34 PM   #566
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
obviously having been in a lot of discussions about the lyrics in this song means nothing. so don't bring it up.

i have looked up this fantasy word 'flippants' and www.dictionary.com agrees with me.
as do a handful of actual dictionaries. like physical ones.

anybody else?

DUDE!! Go to that damn link, type in 'flippant' exactly like that, AND BAM! RIGHT DOWN BELOW "origins" under the words related links...

09-21-2006, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin View Post

What the FLYING fuck?!?!?!?!?!?!

Normally I'm against self-quoting, but for this incredible display unparalleled stupidity I feel it is necessary. I don't mean to sound harsh, but that was just seriously retarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemonkeyadb View Post
"Flippant" is an adjective, never a noun. "Flippants" isn't even a word. The only nouns related to the adjective "flippant" are "flippancy" or "flippantness".
Old 09-21-2006, 03:16 AM   #567
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 6

Quote:

Normally I'm against self-quoting, but for this incredible display unparalleled stupidity I feel it is necessary. I don't mean to sound harsh, but that was just seriously retarded.

Quote:
"Flippant" is an adjective, never a noun. "Flippants" isn't even a word. The only nouns related to the adjective "flippant" are "flippancy" or "flippantness".
09-21-2006, 05:33 AM

Quote:

So, did you click that link, you piece of shit?
Do you have eyes in the fleshy/boney protrusion you call a head?
Unparalleled indeed...
Old 09-21-2006, 05:33 AM   #568
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

So, did you click that link, you piece of shit?
Do you have eyes in the fleshy/boney protrusion you call a head?
Unparalleled indeed...
09-21-2006, 05:55 AM

^ LOL! Bring on the insults. Do you still not see the utter irrelevance of your miraculous discovery of "flippancy" & "flippantness" being nouns (after I had already posted this fact)?

Who do you pay to tie your shoelaces for you? :)

That very link states exactly what I already knew, which is that "flippant" is only an adjective. Although "flippancy" and "flippantness" are nouns (as I earlier stated), "flippant" itself is not. Therefore pluralising it to get "flippants" as suggested for the lyric results in something that is not even a word.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:55 AM   #569
Level 8 - Vociferous

^ LOL! Bring on the insults. Do you still not see the utter irrelevance of your miraculous discovery of "flippancy" & "flippantness" being nouns (after I had already posted this fact)?

Who do you pay to tie your shoelaces for you? :)

That very link states exactly what I already knew, which is that "flippant" is only an adjective. Although "flippancy" and "flippantness" are nouns (as I earlier stated), "flippant" itself is not. Therefore pluralising it to get "flippants" as suggested for the lyric results in something that is not even a word.
09-21-2006, 07:12 AM

Just right click on my avatar, and "save picture as". Then go to your picture, edit, and zoom in and SEE for yourself!
Old 09-21-2006, 07:12 AM   #570
Level 8 - Vociferous

Just right click on my avatar, and "save picture as". Then go to your picture, edit, and zoom in and SEE for yourself!
09-21-2006, 07:17 AM

Quite the heated pissing match over a few possible lyric variations.
I say believe what you want for now and enjoy the music for what it is, soon enough the official lyrics will be released and all this will be wasted bandwidth.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:17 AM   #571
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

Quite the heated pissing match over a few possible lyric variations.
I say believe what you want for now and enjoy the music for what it is, soon enough the official lyrics will be released and all this will be wasted bandwidth.
OFFLINE |  
spacemonkeyadb's Avatar spacemonkeyadb
09-21-2006, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Yeah! That'll work! Moron.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:34 AM   #572
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Yeah! That'll work! Moron.
09-21-2006, 07:45 AM

Ah! Buggeroff! Thought it would...

Yeah, i love your obscure acknowledgement of flippancy & flippantness as nouns. You shrew, I didn't see that.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:45 AM   #573
Level 8 - Vociferous

Ah! Buggeroff! Thought it would...

Yeah, i love your obscure acknowledgement of flippancy & flippantness as nouns. You shrew, I didn't see that.
09-21-2006, 08:23 AM

none of this equates to flippants being a word, take back your premature Ventura imitation benji.

oh and my cell isn't padded fyi, it's covered in big spikes.

that i fuck.

with my vagina.

Superman knocks to get you offguard.
if he just burst through the wall you'd know instantly 'holy fuck superman is here to kill me for making up words again!'
but when he knocks you're like "damnit the fucking fbi are here again about my word makingupness." and you're not quite as worried cause you're on a first name basis with those creepy lie enforcers.

plus, wonderwoman would kick your arse and then fuck you to death with your own arse BY THE WAY.

so flippancy is a state of being, and flippantness is a behaviour.
i can't believe how much NOTHING that turns out be.
who'd have thought that NOTHING could ever actually be more than NOTHING? but in this case it's soooo much NOTHING that it must be more...
or maybe it's less cause NOTHING has more in common with negative than positive.

it's 'enough about the collective judas' alright. the ignorant 'fibbers'
you'll notice that every word referring to these so called 'fibbers' is pluralised, hence the use of the word COLLECTIVE.
i can think of a collective related to tool, can you?
i wonder how many of those cocksucking zombies have infiltrated the ranks of the toolnavy...

we need to find them and destroy them.
paying money to be 'in' with tool, who the fuck do they think they are?
piss on them.

much love.

Last edited by Steedus; 09-21-2006 at 08:25 AM..
Old 09-21-2006, 08:23 AM   #574
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

none of this equates to flippants being a word, take back your premature Ventura imitation benji.

oh and my cell isn't padded fyi, it's covered in big spikes.

that i fuck.

with my vagina.

Superman knocks to get you offguard.
if he just burst through the wall you'd know instantly 'holy fuck superman is here to kill me for making up words again!'
but when he knocks you're like "damnit the fucking fbi are here again about my word makingupness." and you're not quite as worried cause you're on a first name basis with those creepy lie enforcers.

plus, wonderwoman would kick your arse and then fuck you to death with your own arse BY THE WAY.

so flippancy is a state of being, and flippantness is a behaviour.
i can't believe how much NOTHING that turns out be.
who'd have thought that NOTHING could ever actually be more than NOTHING? but in this case it's soooo much NOTHING that it must be more...
or maybe it's less cause NOTHING has more in common with negative than positive.

it's 'enough about the collective judas' alright. the ignorant 'fibbers'
you'll notice that every word referring to these so called 'fibbers' is pluralised, hence the use of the word COLLECTIVE.
i can think of a collective related to tool, can you?
i wonder how many of those cocksucking zombies have infiltrated the ranks of the toolnavy...

piss on them.

much love.

Last edited by Steedus; 09-21-2006 at 08:25 AM..
OFFLINE |  
09-21-2006, 08:57 AM

Quote:

piss on them.

much love.
How predictable. Figured someone would say "Waa, WW would beat you up! Waa..." Anyway, an ass/arse, couldn't possibly attain any kind of pennatration what so ever.

What's the rest of that all about. Don't think I'm one of "them" I ain't got no money, and I ain't "in" either.

Mucho lascavesse...;/?#!

Last edited by benjamin; 09-21-2006 at 09:04 AM..
Old 09-21-2006, 08:57 AM   #575
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

piss on them.

much love.
How predictable. Figured someone would say "Waa, WW would beat you up! Waa..." Anyway, an ass/arse, couldn't possibly attain any kind of pennatration what so ever.

What's the rest of that all about. Don't think I'm one of "them" I ain't got no money, and I ain't "in" either.

Mucho lascavesse...;/?#!

Last edited by benjamin; 09-21-2006 at 09:04 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Steedus
09-21-2006, 05:15 PM

wow you saw that coming did you? fucking genius... it's almost as if you said something and someone replied to it.
you should be a detective or a psychic seeing something like that coming.
holy shit i can't even believe in god anymore because you are my new messiah, deplorable spelling mistakes and all.

and "Those" People are those people referred to as the tool 'collective'.
know who i'm talking about yet?
obviously you aren't one of them (good for you buddy) because you'd know if you were and you'd probably be knocking on my door right now wearing a black suit and sunglasses seeing if you could 'ask me a few questions' about comments i made with regards to the tool 'collective' recently.
an odd parallel to L.Ron.Hubbards clones i say.

you have no idea what wonderwoman could do to you with your own arse buddy (by the way you uncultured fuckstick an ARSE is simply a synonym for ASS only it's used by europeans / australians etc. i'm pretty sure you AMERICANS are the only ones using that ASS word. not to fault you or anything, keep using it, i beg you)
if wonderwoman started unleashing on you with your own arse you'd be begging for death by 'ass penetration' within seconds.

once again:
Old 09-21-2006, 05:15 PM   #576
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

wow you saw that coming did you? fucking genius... it's almost as if you said something and someone replied to it.
you should be a detective or a psychic seeing something like that coming.
holy shit i can't even believe in god anymore because you are my new messiah, deplorable spelling mistakes and all.

and "Those" People are those people referred to as the tool 'collective'.
know who i'm talking about yet?
obviously you aren't one of them (good for you buddy) because you'd know if you were and you'd probably be knocking on my door right now wearing a black suit and sunglasses seeing if you could 'ask me a few questions' about comments i made with regards to the tool 'collective' recently.
an odd parallel to L.Ron.Hubbards clones i say.

you have no idea what wonderwoman could do to you with your own arse buddy (by the way you uncultured fuckstick an ARSE is simply a synonym for ASS only it's used by europeans / australians etc. i'm pretty sure you AMERICANS are the only ones using that ASS word. not to fault you or anything, keep using it, i beg you)
if wonderwoman started unleashing on you with your own arse you'd be begging for death by 'ass penetration' within seconds.

once again:
OFFLINE |  
09-21-2006, 09:37 PM

C'mon, don't even think I didn't know ass and arse were the same. *#$#* It's just, either way you want to spell it, I won't be fucked by it. Don't make me say it, ya, WW is a peice of PAPER...AND...

Flippants IS a word, (I guess it's just an old 'american' dictionary thing) as flippant IS a noun, one who is given to flippancy.[Rare]

The Ventura imitation is for my pleasure only, I do it all the time. I'm doing it right now. But if you won't take my word for it (or find a Pre71' copywright dic.) I must recant my premature emaculation indeed, truely... sincerely...

Wife says "steedus is mean" LOL
Ha, naw steedus ain't mean, steedus is just lonley...

Last edited by benjamin; 09-21-2006 at 09:45 PM..
Old 09-21-2006, 09:37 PM   #577
Level 8 - Vociferous

C'mon, don't even think I didn't know ass and arse were the same. *#$#* It's just, either way you want to spell it, I won't be fucked by it. Don't make me say it, ya, WW is a peice of PAPER...AND...

Flippants IS a word, (I guess it's just an old 'american' dictionary thing) as flippant IS a noun, one who is given to flippancy.[Rare]

The Ventura imitation is for my pleasure only, I do it all the time. I'm doing it right now. But if you won't take my word for it (or find a Pre71' copywright dic.) I must recant my premature emaculation indeed, truely... sincerely...

Wife says "steedus is mean" LOL
Ha, naw steedus ain't mean, steedus is just lonley...

Last edited by benjamin; 09-21-2006 at 09:45 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Steedus
09-21-2006, 10:15 PM

your wife also said "steedus, harder, steedus, harder"
maybe i was too hard hence the 'is mean'

regardless of all our fun together benjeye, flippants is not a word...
if it is a word, i'm gonna write it in giant letters on A4 and wrap it around my cock, can you guess what i'll do with it next?
no? well i'm gonna jam it in your throat until you're blue then i'll just assume you're trying to say "steedus, deeper, steedus, deeper"

the dirty talk is really runs in your family huh.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:15 PM   #578
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

your wife also said "steedus, harder, steedus, harder"
maybe i was too hard hence the 'is mean'

regardless of all our fun together benjeye, flippants is not a word...
if it is a word, i'm gonna write it in giant letters on A4 and wrap it around my cock, can you guess what i'll do with it next?
no? well i'm gonna jam it in your throat until you're blue then i'll just assume you're trying to say "steedus, deeper, steedus, deeper"

the dirty talk is really runs in your family huh.
OFFLINE |  
Luosdasa's Avatar Luosdasa
09-25-2006, 11:33 PM

Quote:

(by the way you uncultured fuckstick an ARSE is simply a synonym for ASS only it's used by europeans / australians etc. i'm pretty sure you AMERICANS are the only ones using that ASS word. not to fault you or anything, keep using it, i beg you)

i.
Yeh sorry dude, while im agreein with ya on everythin else, im feelin pedantic enough to pull you up on this one. As a fellow australian, i feel obliged to state that you are the only ausie iv eva seen spell i 'arse'. everyone else i know follows the yanks (oh god i feel sick to say id do something american) saying ass. im pretty sure its only europeans who say arse.

But on a side note i would like to congradulate america for murdering the english language, especially with things like aluminium, where u pronounce it 'aluminum'... your knocking out a whole freekin sylable!! i mean cant u get your tounges words with more than 4 sylables? tis just dumb, almost as bad as the fucking imperial system, BASE 10 people!

And that cohog, is what grinds my geers...
Old 09-25-2006, 11:33 PM   #579
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104

Quote:

(by the way you uncultured fuckstick an ARSE is simply a synonym for ASS only it's used by europeans / australians etc. i'm pretty sure you AMERICANS are the only ones using that ASS word. not to fault you or anything, keep using it, i beg you)

i.
Yeh sorry dude, while im agreein with ya on everythin else, im feelin pedantic enough to pull you up on this one. As a fellow australian, i feel obliged to state that you are the only ausie iv eva seen spell i 'arse'. everyone else i know follows the yanks (oh god i feel sick to say id do something american) saying ass. im pretty sure its only europeans who say arse.

But on a side note i would like to congradulate america for murdering the english language, especially with things like aluminium, where u pronounce it 'aluminum'... your knocking out a whole freekin sylable!! i mean cant u get your tounges words with more than 4 sylables? tis just dumb, almost as bad as the fucking imperial system, BASE 10 people!

OFFLINE |  
pink_rose's Avatar pink_rose
09-26-2006, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luosdasa View Post

That Lindsay Lohan too... major gear grinder
Old 09-26-2006, 08:56 AM   #580
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luosdasa View Post

That Lindsay Lohan too... major gear grinder
OFFLINE |  
Steedus
09-26-2006, 09:13 AM

pull me up? what the fuck part of australia are you in?
i think the real issue here is that you should be utterly ashamed of yourself for suggesting that i'm the only one.
holy fuck.
man, i don't wanna come down in an overbearing manner but lets take a look at the way you have just used language to express yourself...
"yeh" "im" "agreein" "iv" "id" (whilst id IS a word, you didn't use it as such)
"congradulate" (holy shit) then there's you throwing accusations at the americans for knocking out syllables (two L's by the way) "your" = YOU'RE, "freekin" i believe has an A in it, if indeed it can be accepted as a word.
i don't even understand this sentence "cant (no apostrophe once again) u get your tounges (tongues) words with more than 4 sylables?" again, two L's, i'm going to go ahead and assume you left out a WHOLE WORD here that i'm also assuming is "Around"
i'll let you get away with "tis" this time.
don't knock the imperial system, i don't see you creating anything better.

now don't get me wrong, i'm not claiming to be some kind of professor of speaking english, i certainly don't have perfect grammer or perfect spelling, but as i've just demonstrated it's YOU that needs pulling up.

oh and it's spelt Quahog fucker. (i suppose you pronounce the name Quagmire as Kwagmyer too huh? in case you didn't realise you surrogate american, in Australia, if you've ever REALLY been here, it's pronounced Kwogmyer...)

i'm usually a peaceful kind and loving guy but when people try and point out some mistake i've made when i've made none whatsoever, that is what really grinds my gears.

peace out you cuntsuckers.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:13 AM   #581
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

i think the real issue here is that you should be utterly ashamed of yourself for suggesting that i'm the only one.
holy fuck.
man, i don't wanna come down in an overbearing manner but lets take a look at the way you have just used language to express yourself...
"congradulate" (holy shit) then there's you throwing accusations at the americans for knocking out syllables (two L's by the way) "your" = YOU'RE, "freekin" i believe has an A in it, if indeed it can be accepted as a word.
i don't even understand this sentence "cant (no apostrophe once again) u get your tounges (tongues) words with more than 4 sylables?" again, two L's, i'm going to go ahead and assume you left out a WHOLE WORD here that i'm also assuming is "Around"

now don't get me wrong, i'm not claiming to be some kind of professor of speaking english, i certainly don't have perfect grammer or perfect spelling, but as i've just demonstrated it's YOU that needs pulling up.

oh and it's spelt Quahog fucker. (i suppose you pronounce the name Quagmire as Kwagmyer too huh? in case you didn't realise you surrogate american, in Australia, if you've ever REALLY been here, it's pronounced Kwogmyer...)

i'm usually a peaceful kind and loving guy but when people try and point out some mistake i've made when i've made none whatsoever, that is what really grinds my gears.

OFFLINE |  
09-27-2006, 08:09 AM

Quote:
holy fuck.

So...?? now, I can stop usuing caps at the beginning of sentances and for i, and your not going to rip me a new arsehole?? ... . yay

no, dirty talk is more or less a waste of energy in my book (ie: doesn't run in family), so maybe you could type something lude and disgusting for me, and then i'll just fill in your name where i see fit. now back to the lyrics...

"set as i am in....
"burden of proof...
"you were my witness...
"judith marie...
"UNCONDITIONALY WARNED"????

now of course i know, it's already agreed upon ("unconditional one") but it does sound querkey on the disk. maybe if you listen w/ an open mind you'll also hear it, ecspecially at the end of warned/one, i can really hear "...arned!!"

...are there 2 Ls in unconditionally???

Last edited by benjamin; 09-27-2006 at 08:11 AM..
Old 09-27-2006, 08:09 AM   #582
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
holy fuck.

So...?? now, I can stop usuing caps at the beginning of sentances and for i, and your not going to rip me a new arsehole?? ... . yay

no, dirty talk is more or less a waste of energy in my book (ie: doesn't run in family), so maybe you could type something lude and disgusting for me, and then i'll just fill in your name where i see fit. now back to the lyrics...

"set as i am in....
"burden of proof...
"you were my witness...
"judith marie...

now of course i know, it's already agreed upon ("unconditional one") but it does sound querkey on the disk. maybe if you listen w/ an open mind you'll also hear it, ecspecially at the end of warned/one, i can really hear "...arned!!"

Last edited by benjamin; 09-27-2006 at 08:11 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Steedus
09-27-2006, 09:12 AM

i wasn't talking to you benj, not using caps is a typing thing not a grammar thing.

if dirty talk doesn't run in your family then why was your wife making me blush when i had it in her butt the other night?
man, there I am with my penis and 3 fingers in her arsehole and yet she comes out with things to make ME blush... special lady.

i'm happy with 'unconditional one' and to be honest i'm tired of talking about it, lets just wait for the official lyrics.

there are 2 L's indisputably
Old 09-27-2006, 09:12 AM   #583
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

i wasn't talking to you benj, not using caps is a typing thing not a grammar thing.

if dirty talk doesn't run in your family then why was your wife making me blush when i had it in her butt the other night?
man, there I am with my penis and 3 fingers in her arsehole and yet she comes out with things to make ME blush... special lady.

i'm happy with 'unconditional one' and to be honest i'm tired of talking about it, lets just wait for the official lyrics.

OFFLINE |  
09-27-2006, 09:35 AM

Quote:

ha ha! ...well, fortunately for me, my wife inherited(sp) her talking from HER PARRENTS and not from anyone in my family!! and about you fitting your dick in her beautiful TIGHT pink ass, well you must have the absolute smallest cock in all of humanity, cuz only one of my man-fingers fits. and it's the same one that i flip your way...

as for waiting on the "official" lyrics, well i'm just not content w/ that;

"...to DETAILS...Flippants...Wave...Unconditionally warned..." whatever they are.

i'm "happy" w/ 'unconditional one' also. it's just that my ears tell me it's possibly something different. same as all the other songs...

Last edited by benjamin; 09-27-2006 at 09:39 AM..
Old 09-27-2006, 09:35 AM   #584
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

ha ha! ...well, fortunately for me, my wife inherited(sp) her talking from HER PARRENTS and not from anyone in my family!! and about you fitting your dick in her beautiful TIGHT pink ass, well you must have the absolute smallest cock in all of humanity, cuz only one of my man-fingers fits. and it's the same one that i flip your way...

as for waiting on the "official" lyrics, well i'm just not content w/ that;

"...to DETAILS...Flippants...Wave...Unconditionally warned..." whatever they are.

i'm "happy" w/ 'unconditional one' also. it's just that my ears tell me it's possibly something different. same as all the other songs...

Last edited by benjamin; 09-27-2006 at 09:39 AM..
OFFLINE |  
DON IOTAE's Avatar DON IOTAE
09-27-2006, 10:28 AM

you two love each other...
Old 09-27-2006, 10:28 AM   #585
Banned.

Bincount™: 13310

OFFLINE |  
Steedus
09-27-2006, 05:20 PM

i guess i also have tiny fingers to fit 3 of them in alongside my tiny penis.
maybe your wife just has a giant anus, explains me parking my plymouth in it.
i slept in it the other day, all day. a got up a couple of times to do a poo inside your wifes bum, isn't that a whacky idea? pooing inside an giant jaded anus. i was watching tv and reading the paper. i brought my two cats along and fed them some kibble in there also. all inside your wifes incredibly hospitable WIDE anus.
i pulled some poop out of her when i left too, that was interesting.

fuck the lyrics. tool suck and the lyrics aren't worth reading.
lily allen, now there's lyrics worth reading.

i'm not even laughing about flippants anymore, thats the fucking stoopidest thing i ever heard.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:20 PM   #586
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

i guess i also have tiny fingers to fit 3 of them in alongside my tiny penis.
maybe your wife just has a giant anus, explains me parking my plymouth in it.
i slept in it the other day, all day. a got up a couple of times to do a poo inside your wifes bum, isn't that a whacky idea? pooing inside an giant jaded anus. i was watching tv and reading the paper. i brought my two cats along and fed them some kibble in there also. all inside your wifes incredibly hospitable WIDE anus.
i pulled some poop out of her when i left too, that was interesting.

fuck the lyrics. tool suck and the lyrics aren't worth reading.
lily allen, now there's lyrics worth reading.

i'm not even laughing about flippants anymore, thats the fucking stoopidest thing i ever heard.
OFFLINE |  
09-27-2006, 08:23 PM

c'mon dude!!??? your not even trying to be funny anymore...if i can't laugh after reading your posts then what the hell are you doing anyway?? you're not gonna shock or offend anyone here, so shut the fuck up. it's pointless. if you think "tool suck" then blow it out your arse for all i care, but there's no reason to post your opinion here.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:23 PM   #587
Level 8 - Vociferous

c'mon dude!!??? your not even trying to be funny anymore...if i can't laugh after reading your posts then what the hell are you doing anyway?? you're not gonna shock or offend anyone here, so shut the fuck up. it's pointless. if you think "tool suck" then blow it out your arse for all i care, but there's no reason to post your opinion here.
09-27-2006, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iota View Post
I love all my brothers and sisters... some more than others.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:41 PM   #588
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
09-28-2006, 12:46 AM

yes of course i think tool suck... now it makes perfect sense.
and yes of course i think lily fucking "someone please fuck my head to death" allen has lyrics worth reading. of course thats true.

fuck me

who's trying to be funny anyhow? i don't remember making any jokes, nor trying to get any laughs nor trying to offend anyone.

you crazzzzzz Z

and it's You're not 'your'
just to fuck you

P.S. i certainly didn't 'shock' your wife, she's ready for anythin ;)
Old 09-28-2006, 12:46 AM   #589
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

yes of course i think tool suck... now it makes perfect sense.
and yes of course i think lily fucking "someone please fuck my head to death" allen has lyrics worth reading. of course thats true.

fuck me

who's trying to be funny anyhow? i don't remember making any jokes, nor trying to get any laughs nor trying to offend anyone.

you crazzzzzz Z

and it's You're not 'your'
just to fuck you

P.S. i certainly didn't 'shock' your wife, she's ready for anythin ;)
OFFLINE |  
DON IOTAE's Avatar DON IOTAE
09-30-2006, 08:43 AM

Quote:
i love you too, benji
Old 09-30-2006, 08:43 AM   #590
Banned.

Quote:
i love you too, benji
OFFLINE |  
panocha21's Avatar panocha21
10-01-2006, 06:18 AM

There's a lot of fighting over fibbers/flippants going on here, so I'm thinking it may not be wise to add another thought into this thread. It's already split right in two. Nonetheless, I'm going to add another suggestion of what he is saying in that specific line.

After hearing a couple of live performances, I hear an "s" in there, not an "f". So what could he be saying? I heard it loud and clear the first time. I heard:

"Ignorant serpents in the congregation ..."

This fits right into the context of the song. A serpent isn't just a snake. According to m-w.com, it also means the devil or a treacherous person. I've heard it used in various connotations, least of which were the preceding two.

Of course, in the album, it doesn't quite sound like "serpents". There's something wierd going on on that specific word. Because he's singing in such a low tone, the "s" sound gets swallowed and it's a bit distorted (which is why there is so much fighting and disagreement). So much so that it sounds like an "fl" sound if you don't listen carefully.

Another possibility is "Ignorant servants in the congregation ..." Serpent/Servant sound so much alike that it's nearly impossible to distinguish one from the other, especially when Maynard is mumbling the line in a tone that is just about as low as he can go before his voice gives out.

I cast my vote for "serpent" though, just to be clear.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:18 AM   #591
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 5

There's a lot of fighting over fibbers/flippants going on here, so I'm thinking it may not be wise to add another thought into this thread. It's already split right in two. Nonetheless, I'm going to add another suggestion of what he is saying in that specific line.

After hearing a couple of live performances, I hear an "s" in there, not an "f". So what could he be saying? I heard it loud and clear the first time. I heard:

"Ignorant serpents in the congregation ..."

This fits right into the context of the song. A serpent isn't just a snake. According to m-w.com, it also means the devil or a treacherous person. I've heard it used in various connotations, least of which were the preceding two.

Of course, in the album, it doesn't quite sound like "serpents". There's something wierd going on on that specific word. Because he's singing in such a low tone, the "s" sound gets swallowed and it's a bit distorted (which is why there is so much fighting and disagreement). So much so that it sounds like an "fl" sound if you don't listen carefully.

Another possibility is "Ignorant servants in the congregation ..." Serpent/Servant sound so much alike that it's nearly impossible to distinguish one from the other, especially when Maynard is mumbling the line in a tone that is just about as low as he can go before his voice gives out.

I cast my vote for "serpent" though, just to be clear.
OFFLINE |  
10-01-2006, 08:17 PM

Dude...what happens in Vegas-stays in Vegas....dude.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:17 PM   #592
Level 8 - Vociferous

Dude...what happens in Vegas-stays in Vegas....dude.
10-02-2006, 12:45 AM

serpents huh?
i can't disagree with that being sung live because i haven't seen tool this tour yet, nice idea though, i wouldn't argue.
but, cd = fibbers/figures.
kangaroo jury is still out on that one. for me anyway.

i love you iota
Old 10-02-2006, 12:45 AM   #593
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

serpents huh?
i can't disagree with that being sung live because i haven't seen tool this tour yet, nice idea though, i wouldn't argue.
but, cd = fibbers/figures.
kangaroo jury is still out on that one. for me anyway.

i love you iota
OFFLINE |  
paranormalgirl's Avatar paranormalgirl
10-03-2006, 04:30 PM

But, nothing but the [?] of judas,
Who could deny you were the one who would have made it,
You'll have a piece of the divine.

But enough about the COLLECTIVE judas
who could deny your were the one who illuminated
you'll have a piece of the divine
Old 10-03-2006, 04:30 PM   #594
there's a cloud
but the water remains calm

Bincount™: 3180

But, nothing but the [?] of judas,
Who could deny you were the one who would have made it,
You'll have a piece of the divine.

But enough about the COLLECTIVE judas
who could deny your were the one who illuminated
you'll have a piece of the divine
10-03-2006, 04:38 PM

Quote:

"set as i am in....
"burden of proof...
"you were my witness...
"judith marie...

listen closely it sounds like
"set as I am in my ways and my arrogance
burden of proof tossed upon the believers
you were my witness, my eyes, my evidence
judith marie
unconditional love"
Old 10-03-2006, 04:38 PM   #595
there's a cloud

Quote:

"set as i am in....
"burden of proof...
"you were my witness...
"judith marie...

judith marie
unconditional love"
10-03-2006, 07:05 PM

so, i gotta ask

r u related to innerspacegirl?
Old 10-03-2006, 07:05 PM   #596
Banned.

so, i gotta ask

OFFLINE |  
æmoeba•°·.'s Avatar æmoeba•°·.
10-03-2006, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranormalgirl View Post
judith marie
unconditional love"
You must not be listening intentively, "enough", that is, because I'm implied this before, and it seems to make much more sense:

" Burden of proof tossed upon non-believers... ", just listen carefully, with headphones, and not computer speakers, unless this is already what you've been doing, then humor me if you will.

-Andrew
Old 10-03-2006, 07:32 PM   #597
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranormalgirl View Post
judith marie
unconditional love"
You must not be listening intentively, "enough", that is, because I'm implied this before, and it seems to make much more sense:

" Burden of proof tossed upon non-believers... ", just listen carefully, with headphones, and not computer speakers, unless this is already what you've been doing, then humor me if you will.

-Andrew
Steedus
10-03-2006, 10:53 PM

it's 'THE' believers, and unconditional 'ONE'
hear the W sound to suggest the word one? yes
hear the N sound to suggest the word Non? NO
and it doens't make more sense, the believers need it to be proven to them in order to believe, hence the burden of proof being tossed upon them.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:53 PM   #598
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

it's 'THE' believers, and unconditional 'ONE'
hear the W sound to suggest the word one? yes
hear the N sound to suggest the word Non? NO
and it doens't make more sense, the believers need it to be proven to them in order to believe, hence the burden of proof being tossed upon them.
OFFLINE |  
bluegreenjackiechan's Avatar bluegreenjackiechan
10-04-2006, 01:03 AM

We listen to the tales and romanticize,
How we follow the path of the hero
Boast about the day when the rivers overrun,
How we'll rise to the height of our halo.
Listen to the tales as we all rationalize
Our way into the arms of the savior
Fading all the trials and the tribulations,
None of us have actually been there,
Not like you...

The ignorant fibbers in the congregation
Gather around spewing sympathy,
Spare me...
None of them could even hold a candle up to you
Blinded by choices, hypocrites
Won't see
But enough about the collective judas
Who could deny you were the one who illuminated
You light a piece of the divine
This little light of mine that you past unto me,
I'll let it shine,
to guide you safely on your way
Your way home...

Ohh, what are they gonna do when the lights go down
Without you to guide them all to Zion?
What are they gonna do when the rivers overrun
Other than tremble incessantly?
High as a wave
But all eyes are upon the ground.
You are the light and the way
They'll only read about
I only pray heaven knows
When to lift you out
10000 days in the fire is long enough.
You're going home...

You're the only one who can hold your head up high,
Shake your fist at the gates saying,
"I have come home now!"
Fetch me the spirit, the son and the father,
Tell them their pillar of faith has ascended.
"It's time now!
My time now!
Give me my
Give me my wings!"...

Give me my (x5)

"Give me my wings"

You are the light, the way, that they will only read about

Set as I am in my ways and my arrogance
Burden of proof tossed upon non-believers.
You were my witness, my eyes, my evidence,
Judith Marie, unconditional one.

Daylight dims leaving cold flourescence.
Difficult to see you in this light.
Please forgive this bold suggestion:
Should you see your maker's face tonight
Look him in the eye
Look him in the eye, tell him
I never lived a lie, never took a life,
But surely saved one
Hallejullah,
It's time for you to bring me home.
And breath that reeked....
Old 10-04-2006, 01:03 AM   #599
Level 4 - Thinker

We listen to the tales and romanticize,
How we follow the path of the hero
Boast about the day when the rivers overrun,
How we'll rise to the height of our halo.
Listen to the tales as we all rationalize
Our way into the arms of the savior
Fading all the trials and the tribulations,
None of us have actually been there,
Not like you...

The ignorant fibbers in the congregation
Gather around spewing sympathy,
Spare me...
None of them could even hold a candle up to you
Blinded by choices, hypocrites
Won't see
But enough about the collective judas
Who could deny you were the one who illuminated
You light a piece of the divine
This little light of mine that you past unto me,
I'll let it shine,
to guide you safely on your way
Your way home...

Ohh, what are they gonna do when the lights go down
Without you to guide them all to Zion?
What are they gonna do when the rivers overrun
Other than tremble incessantly?
High as a wave
But all eyes are upon the ground.
You are the light and the way
They'll only read about
I only pray heaven knows
When to lift you out
10000 days in the fire is long enough.
You're going home...

You're the only one who can hold your head up high,
Shake your fist at the gates saying,
"I have come home now!"
Fetch me the spirit, the son and the father,
Tell them their pillar of faith has ascended.
"It's time now!
My time now!
Give me my
Give me my wings!"...

Give me my (x5)

"Give me my wings"

You are the light, the way, that they will only read about

Set as I am in my ways and my arrogance
Burden of proof tossed upon non-believers.
You were my witness, my eyes, my evidence,
Judith Marie, unconditional one.

Daylight dims leaving cold flourescence.
Difficult to see you in this light.
Please forgive this bold suggestion:
Should you see your maker's face tonight
Look him in the eye
Look him in the eye, tell him
I never lived a lie, never took a life,
But surely saved one
Hallejullah,
It's time for you to bring me home.
And breath that reeked....
OFFLINE |  
paranormalgirl's Avatar paranormalgirl
10-04-2006, 04:54 AM

Quote:
so, i gotta ask

Definitely not.....I dont even know who innerspacegirl is. I think paranormal is far different from innerspace but thanks for asking
Old 10-04-2006, 04:54 AM   #600
there's a cloud

Quote:
so, i gotta ask

Definitely not.....I dont even know who innerspacegirl is. I think paranormal is far different from innerspace but thanks for asking

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply