Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 07. Lost Keys
User Name
Password
BlindVisionary's Avatar BlindVisionary
04-20-2006, 12:57 PM

I find myself getting sad whilst listening to this song, it just sounds soo damn good...It's a pity they didn't turn it into a real song, it would have been great...
Old 04-20-2006, 12:57 PM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 24
Anybody else get sad?

I find myself getting sad whilst listening to this song, it just sounds soo damn good...It's a pity they didn't turn it into a real song, it would have been great...
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
puns
04-20-2006, 01:25 PM

i agree with your first part ... i closed my eyes during the song & made me remind of sad times ... i dont agree with the second part cause the song is great just the way it is. Thats why you feel the impact of the song .
Old 04-20-2006, 01:25 PM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Anybody else get sad?

i agree with your first part ... i closed my eyes during the song & made me remind of sad times ... i dont agree with the second part cause the song is great just the way it is. Thats why you feel the impact of the song .
BlindVisionary's Avatar BlindVisionary
04-20-2006, 01:26 PM

Yeah i know, i think i would have prefered some singing though...
Old 04-20-2006, 01:26 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 24

04-20-2006, 01:49 PM

Yeah, this shows how much of an influence Fripp is on Tool. The guitar is straight out of Heroes and it's effect is just as awesome. Melancholic metal, that's what this album is. Lost Keys is definately the most emotive on the album.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:49 PM   #4
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 30

Yeah, this shows how much of an influence Fripp is on Tool. The guitar is straight out of Heroes and it's effect is just as awesome. Melancholic metal, that's what this album is. Lost Keys is definately the most emotive on the album.
sdrawkcab
04-22-2006, 03:11 PM

sounds like a bad trip to me.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:11 PM   #5
Level 3 - Talker

sounds like a bad trip to me.
happydipshit
04-22-2006, 05:26 PM

i'd love to here the endless sustain part LIVE!! god damnit too bad its all hoax....
Old 04-22-2006, 05:26 PM   #6
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

i'd love to here the endless sustain part LIVE!! god damnit too bad its all hoax....
ArizonaBay's Avatar ArizonaBay
04-26-2006, 03:15 AM

Does that sustain make anyone else head feel weird when turned up loud? Awesome
Old 04-26-2006, 03:15 AM   #7
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 11

soulslot
04-26-2006, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyguy

I agree. Although i do enjoy the rest of the album quite a lot, this "song" is a bit of a let down given the incredibly unique and intriguing sustain that begins the track. You expect something epic around the corner and instead there is this barely entertaining, barely comical hospital dialogue of a guy who has either had a bad trip or been abducted by aliens or some other weird x-files shit, who knows..take your pick. But then again, this isnt uncommon for tool albums, all of which have their respective non sensical interludes that id just rather not be there. Otherwise, i cant stop listening to this album and i cant wait to once again see the band live in a little under a month.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:12 AM   #8
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 10

Quote:

I agree. Although i do enjoy the rest of the album quite a lot, this "song" is a bit of a let down given the incredibly unique and intriguing sustain that begins the track. You expect something epic around the corner and instead there is this barely entertaining, barely comical hospital dialogue of a guy who has either had a bad trip or been abducted by aliens or some other weird x-files shit, who knows..take your pick. But then again, this isnt uncommon for tool albums, all of which have their respective non sensical interludes that id just rather not be there. Otherwise, i cant stop listening to this album and i cant wait to once again see the band live in a little under a month.
Hilikus
04-27-2006, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulslot
But then again, this isnt uncommon for tool albums, all of which have their respective non sensical interludes that id just rather not be there. Otherwise, i cant stop listening to this album and i cant wait to once again see the band live in a little under a month.

you can't remove lost keys, because then rosetta stoned loses its meaning. you have to take the two as one track, like wings and 10000 days
Old 04-27-2006, 06:23 AM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
But then again, this isnt uncommon for tool albums, all of which have their respective non sensical interludes that id just rather not be there. Otherwise, i cant stop listening to this album and i cant wait to once again see the band live in a little under a month.

you can't remove lost keys, because then rosetta stoned loses its meaning. you have to take the two as one track, like wings and 10000 days
soulslot
04-27-2006, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilikus

Perhaps, i can accept this proposition for the sake of argument. However, i don't think tool songs or any good songs for that matter always need explication. I will admit though that it does serve as a good intro to Rosetta Stoned, which is just an incredible fucking song.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:41 AM   #10
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilikus

Perhaps, i can accept this proposition for the sake of argument. However, i don't think tool songs or any good songs for that matter always need explication. I will admit though that it does serve as a good intro to Rosetta Stoned, which is just an incredible fucking song.
04-27-2006, 09:24 PM

Quote:

it is definitely that....the way maynard does the vocals is awesome. I like to take a tool album as one continuous message, and in that state of mind I find it hard to say that any one song could be removed without changing the meaning of the album as a whole
Old 04-27-2006, 09:24 PM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:

it is definitely that....the way maynard does the vocals is awesome. I like to take a tool album as one continuous message, and in that state of mind I find it hard to say that any one song could be removed without changing the meaning of the album as a whole
ZeroPointEther's Avatar ZeroPointEther
04-28-2006, 01:46 AM

My thoughts as well Crazyguy
Old 04-28-2006, 01:46 AM   #12
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 132

My thoughts as well Crazyguy
Doowadiddy
05-02-2006, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBay

Since the first listen, the sustain makes me visualize a tall undulating vortex made of light or plasma. Picture the Ghost Busters "streams" but turned vertically. Then when it gets to the choppy bit, it's like it dissipates and then reforms with the sustain...

Note: I have not taken any hallucinogens in a looong time.

Last edited by Doowadiddy; 05-02-2006 at 10:01 AM..
Old 05-02-2006, 09:59 AM   #13
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBay

Since the first listen, the sustain makes me visualize a tall undulating vortex made of light or plasma. Picture the Ghost Busters "streams" but turned vertically. Then when it gets to the choppy bit, it's like it dissipates and then reforms with the sustain...

Note: I have not taken any hallucinogens in a looong time.

Last edited by Doowadiddy; 05-02-2006 at 10:01 AM..
collapsed shell's Avatar collapsed shell
05-02-2006, 12:29 PM

i tried to explain to my g/f how much emotion i hear in the sound of this "filler". it would probably make a great song, but hey it is an INTRO!
riddle me this. once i was prominently displayed for all to see . I made many a man question his true desires. now however i am most likely packed away. However i could be a nice money maker for those who love to squeeze fake things. who or what am I?
Old 05-02-2006, 12:29 PM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 31

i tried to explain to my g/f how much emotion i hear in the sound of this "filler". it would probably make a great song, but hey it is an INTRO!
riddle me this. once i was prominently displayed for all to see . I made many a man question his true desires. now however i am most likely packed away. However i could be a nice money maker for those who love to squeeze fake things. who or what am I?
kmatrixg
05-02-2006, 03:01 PM

I tried to explain to my girlfriend how much I wanted to listen to the cd loud, but she had a headache.

and as I sit here at work....

I cant wait until TONIGHT!!!
Old 05-02-2006, 03:01 PM   #15
Level 4 - Thinker

I tried to explain to my girlfriend how much I wanted to listen to the cd loud, but she had a headache.

and as I sit here at work....

I cant wait until TONIGHT!!!
Sanzen
05-02-2006, 05:49 PM

This song also made me feel a little sad. Kind of odd, ain't it?
Old 05-02-2006, 05:49 PM   #16
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

This song also made me feel a little sad. Kind of odd, ain't it?
/Parallelus/Reflectionis/'s Avatar /Parallelus/Reflectionis/
05-02-2006, 06:11 PM

I LOVE the feeling of that song....

Quote:
please no....
Old 05-02-2006, 06:11 PM   #17
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 34

I LOVE the feeling of that song....

Quote:
please no....
05-02-2006, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydipshit
now you know you will hear it
Old 05-02-2006, 06:13 PM   #18
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydipshit
now you know you will hear it
05-02-2006, 06:29 PM

Is anybody else seeing "ER" meets "The X-files?"
Old 05-02-2006, 06:29 PM   #19
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Is anybody else seeing "ER" meets "The X-files?"

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply