opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Aug-Oct 2006
User Name
Password
Old 10-06-2006, 08:24 AM   #41
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/05 - Hartford, CT - Hartford Civic Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma Bear View Post
Small note: Maynard said "Pittsburgh was louder".......he said the same damn thing in Mansfield. And why do I get the feeling he has said that else where also...

Now this isn't meant to sound bitter, but it will. This tour is only exciting for those who have never seen Tool before. The past tours kill this tour without even trying. Anyone who has seen Tool before, would probably agree, that this time around...the Tool guy's are just not really giveing a crap about it anymore.
Actually this is my 6th show and ive never seen tool this animated on stage. Most of the other showes they just go out play then leave. As for this show they stoped for a little while to sit and take in the crowd. I thought this show was awesome, we were sitting about 10 rows from the middle of the stage. The sound was twice as load here then the tweeter. The bass could have been turned down maybe 5 db's because that was just way to load. Other then that awesome show, i still enjoyed mansfield better but this was awesome.
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-06-2006, 08:42 AM   #42
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 13

I was in a sweet spot last night. Section 115 three rows up from the floor, about 25 feet from Justin. I could hear Maynard’s vocals perfectly and the band sounded great. It was loud enough to make my ears ring, unlike the Orpheum and Mansfield.

Also rocked out with some VIP’s during the show who were seated in the row in front of us. Some of you may have noticed a group of older (in their 60’s) people in section 115. They’re friends of the band and were way cool. Justin’s girlfriend came over to hug them right before Tool went on. Someone from their family invented one of the metal drums that Danny plays. Got a pic of their backstage pass. I hope they enjoyed those apple margaritas with the band and their families.

Wings/Days is a meditative masterpiece. Lateralus is a spiritual revival. Aenema is head banging heaven.

Great show. Legendary band.
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-06-2006, 09:27 AM   #43
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiseToYourHalo View Post
I was in a sweet spot last night. Section 115 three rows up from the floor, about 25 feet from Justin. I could hear Maynard’s vocals perfectly and the band sounded great. It was loud enough to make my ears ring, unlike the Orpheum and Mansfield.

Also rocked out with some VIP’s during the show who were seated in the row in front of us. Some of you may have noticed a group of older (in their 60’s) people in section 115. They’re friends of the band and were way cool. Justin’s girlfriend came over to hug them right before Tool went on. Someone from their family invented one of the metal drums that Danny plays. Got a pic of their backstage pass. I hope they enjoyed those apple margaritas with the band and their families.

Wings/Days is a meditative masterpiece. Lateralus is a spiritual revival. Aenema is head banging heaven.

Great show. Legendary band.
I was sitting right in front of them. When they first sat down I heard them talking to the ppl around them, saying, "So, you like this band, TOOL? And they're, what, like a heavier band?"
And i was just thinking to myself, "Who the fuck are these guys, and why/how are they here?"
Then Justin's girlfriend came over and talked to them and I realized they were friends/family. Then as she was leaving she knocked my full cup of beer over and it spilled all over the floor. She promised she'd get me another one, but she didn't. Not even an apple martini. Grrrr...

Next stop: Jersey.
Justin's girlfriend, you owe me 8 bucks!
Old 10-06-2006, 09:32 AM   #44
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolparabols View Post
Actually this is my 6th show and ive never seen tool this animated on stage. Most of the other showes they just go out play then leave. As for this show they stoped for a little while to sit and take in the crowd. I thought this show was awesome, we were sitting about 10 rows from the middle of the stage. The sound was twice as load here then the tweeter. The bass could have been turned down maybe 5 db's because that was just way to load. Other then that awesome show, i still enjoyed mansfield better but this was awesome.
hartford's crowd was no where near as loud as the mansfield crowd, if that show was indoor arena for the rest of the tour mjk would say " mansfield was louder" especially when the entire place started banging and kicking on their chairs for like 10 minutes straiht.

TooL however must have had all their amps turned up to 11 ...... becuase i thought that the walls of the civic center were about to come down they were so loud...who wears ear plugs.....too loud.....to old....
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-06-2006, 10:41 AM   #45
Rod
tdn bracketologist 07

Bincount™: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalper View Post
Sadly, we didn't really measure up... Gary, their sound tech, has been keeping track of the decibel level of every show. I guess DC and Phoenix are tied for the lead at 110 dB, and Manchester the other night was at a respectable 107 dB, for a smaller arena. We only hit 104 dB last night in Hartford, though... Oh well.
Interesting.

Sorry to see these guys go, it was an enjoyable week. Thank you very much TooL.

I would have put the Manchester show up there as the best of the 3. How do you beat a general admission show? Danny and Justin were whipping up pits left and right all night long at that show. It was refreshing, I don't mosh but I can understand wanting to go berzerk at a show.

It was dissapointing to see seating on the floor at Hartford but what can you do? The crowd was pretty drugged out and the weed smelled pretty poor. I think there were quite a few pill poppers at this show last night.

"Pittsburg was louder" almost seems like an inside joke to Maynard. My girlfriend was shocked when he pulled it out again last night. "How cheap is that?!?!!! He said the same thing in Mansfield!" Yeah, it's a little old, like the set list.

I still can't tell if he sings "Judith Marie unconditional why or one" on 10KD and I've been watching for it specifically.

Rosetta stoned felt slightly rushed in some parts, like it didn't have enough space to breathe.

"Some say the end is near" has sounded like "guess what clowns... shows over" At all three shows I've seen this past week.

Looked like Maynard flipped somebody off at the end of Lateralus. He was whooping it up most of the night for sure. Went right over to Danny after Aenima and gave him a little snoochy boochy finger tickle five right away then proceeded to walk over to Adam and Justin and do the same before they did a group hug.

Still amazing, not quite the same as seeing Adam painted purple, Justin painted blue and Maynard split down the middle purple and blue. I think that was the stuff that still has me coming back 10 years later.

Long live TooL.

Carl: Yeah, it's the American tradition to cut people down to size because they've brought so much joy into our lives.
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-06-2006, 10:42 AM   #46
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my 3rd Tool show in the past week. Mansfield, Manchester, and Hartford. Each had a distinct vibe for me which could have been due to where I was sitting for each of them. I was half way back on the floor for this show and the view as well as the sound was very good in my opinion. Mansfield was the louder, clearest , and had the most energy of them all though. Overall ratings would be Mansfield, Hartford, and last Manchester.

This show was overall very good. I'm not sure why some people have trouble hearing the vocals, but they seemed fine to me. I've come to look forward to the Maynardisms almost as much as the music, so I've been a little bummed he's been so quiet the last couple of shows. I'm sure that they keep track of the crowd noise levels when possible. I'm not sure that crowd noise had much to do with the lack of them. He was probably in a shitty mood, and didn't want to be chatty. The "Pittsburgh was louder" thing is just Maynard getting the crowd worked up. He replied back in Mansfield with something along the line of "OK you guys are louder, but halitosis...jesus christ" Maynard was definitely moving around alot more this show compared to last. I'm glad that he is not back in the shadows singing anymore. That was starting to get to me. The rest of the band seemed pretty tight, and I didn't notice any major screw ups.

I've seen all the Tool tours, but this has been the first time that I've seen them back to back shows. Seeing the same setlist was sort of a drag, but it was solid. I remember feeling like I missed out on past tours when I didn't see a song that I was looking forward to hearing and it was either played the previous, or following show. I think those tours definitely catered to folks that would see them 3-4 times in a week to give them some variety. This tour seems to be doing the exact opposite. The consistent sets make sure that newer Tool fans and their significant others are exposed to the songs that they want you to hear, and then go buy. Hopefully when they come back around in 07 they'll start mixing it up a bit.
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-06-2006, 10:48 AM   #47
Level 3 - Talker

Alrighty then....If I may, I would like to clear up a couple of things.....

1) Since the "mini tour" the band has taken a break on the stage for Every Show. Yes, it is cool, it is COOL because it creates the feelings that are posted here and makes the fans feel apreciated. BUT it happens every night....Justin holds his lighter up to the crowd, Danny and Adam laugh, MJK lays to the left side....every show. The big change is sometimes Adam comes in a little later.

2) MJK's dance moves all happen the same at the same places in the songs....every night...I posted the moves on Post #19 look back and you may remember....I called each one out before he did it and had the dudes in my row laughing thier asses off.....Here comes the cowboy hat spin around the head....and bam there it was......Still cool though.

3)The set list was crafted in the mini tour and in the begining of this one. It was put together with the graphics, lasers and videos to create an "overwhelming experience". That is the goal, they produced a "Show" and they perform it each night. So it WILL NOT CHANGE. The bonus is they have it down, it is tight, and it achieves it's goal. SETLIST WILL BE THE SAME. SET LIST WILL BE THE SAME.

4) Though this tour is very Choreographed, each night has it's own personality. One show was "A hundred times better" and all that bullshit is over done. Comparing a Bubble arena to a huge outside ampitheater is foolish. AND even more foolish is this..."They were WAAAAY better 27 years ago when i saw them in a little bar"...that shit has GOT TO GO.

5) The band is what it is. They are no longer "Opiate" angry and "Undertow" dark.....they have evolved a bit and changed a bit just like with each CD. What they put out this time is as great as any others. So during 10k Days or anything else thats "too slow for you" SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LISTEN.......

6) "Old School" ain't friggin happenin' this time around.... deal with it. TOOL is heavy and they are deep....but what they are not,.... is Violent or destructive. If this pertains to you, than you do not get it.

7) To those who do get it. Thanks and Spiral Out!!!

Last edited by scosh24; 10-06-2006 at 10:55 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-06-2006, 12:06 PM   #48
Level 1 - Lurker

Isis has been going on right at 8, I believe (I keep missing them.. stupid far away shows with crappy traffic on weeknights...) Tool will generally start right at 9:10, maybe 9:15.
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-06-2006, 12:29 PM   #49
Level 1 - Lurker

As usual, I loved this show. Loved hearing Wings For Marie/1000 Days, although it did seem like the crowd didn't know it. And this show was definitely crafted during the mini-tour. Saw them at the NY City Center. Totally kicked ass.

I will voice some displeasure at not hearing a single song from Undertow. C'mon! No Sober? No Prison Sex? I got Sober in the mini-tour at least!

A good note is that I heard those songs and saw the videos at a bar across the street right after the concert, so that was cool at least.

My neck hurts from last night!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-06-2006, 01:31 PM   #50
Level 1 - Lurker

This was our first Tool show-it was excellent. The band was not only tight, but machine-like. I am always amazed watching a precision drummer like Dan Carey-as others have noted, the vocal did seem lost at times-typical of the sound in this kind of venue. I have seen over 100 shows-from Black Sabbath to Yes-and in arenas designed for sporting events, the sound lacks. Not to mention our seats were nosebleed-the upside to that, however, was we got the full effect of the "white stage" projection-that was brilliant. The lighting was excellent-some of the best I've ever seen-and for the most part, all of the music was good and clear. The bass feedback on "Lost Keys" was huge-very impressive! The talkbox solo on "Jambi" was incredible as well.
High points-The Pot, 46&2, Schizm, Wings-10,000 Days, Lateralus-and all of the extended jams and intros
Low points-again, I would have liked to have heard Maynard better, and I was told Dan Carey used to do a drum solo-why not now??
Overall very impressive-I do agree with some though that the set needed something from "Undertow"-"Intolerance" would have been my choice, but the lady wanted "Sober"...
p.s.-Regardless of what anyone says, ISIS was also excellent-we bought the DVD on the way out and are watching it right now.
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-06-2006, 01:59 PM   #51
Level 2 - Poster

there. are. no. words. i don't see why tool fans have the audacity to expect something more than the message and brilliance of the music at the shows. who gives a fuck if maynard felt less talkative or cracked similar jokes? that show was life changing. it reaffirmed everything that tool has made me rethink and feel. the music flowed right through me. maynard, adam, justin and especially danny put their fucking all into an hour and some odd minutes of intense performing. i couldn't feel more privileged and i wish i could see every show from here on. but mansfield and hartford are all that i can afford. =(
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-06-2006, 02:11 PM   #52

Bincount™: 1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenxruby View Post
i don't see why tool fans have the audacity to expect something more than the message and brilliance of the music at the shows.
Maybe it was the $65 I paid for my ticket. Next time they come round I think I'll just sit in my room, look at a static picture of the band, play tool videos and flash some LEDs in my face. :p
All the world will be your enemy, Prince With a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you they will kill you. But first, they must catch you - digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-06-2006, 02:36 PM   #53
Level 1 - Lurker

Greets, folks! Long time lurker, first time poster. Be gentle! This was my third TOOL show. I saw the Lateralus tour in Hartford and New Haven, CT.

Last night's show in Hartford was an amazing night for me. I went with my wife, a good friend, and my 15 year old son (his first TOOL show). I thoroughly enjoyed my son's reactions throughout the evening, and I always get a buzz watching my wife lose herself in the music of my favorite band. Between the two of them, I'm not sure I noticed my friend all that much!

I found Stinkfist to be a little underpowered vocally, but attributed that to MJK's warmup before he really started belting it out on The Pot. Overall, the sound quality was top notch for the Civic Center, which is not renowned for it's stellar acoustics. TOOL's ability to reproduce their studio sound at a live show is truly amazing. It's not perfect, but it's damn close!

I really appreciated how the stage came more and more 'alive' as each song was played (nothing but some colored lighting for Stinkfist, then one small screen for The Pot, then a few more screens, then the whole stage, then finally the lasers and backdrops when Wings/10k came up). All of the band members were very animated, except Adam, but I'll forgive him since his guitar playing is so phenonemal. I had a great view of Danny and was completely amazed at the speed he's capable of playing.

I tried my best to keep an open mind, to not get caught up in the lack of setlist variation or to compare TOOL's current offerings to the Aenima era. I find that these guys are truly masters of their craft (a great phrase I've seen hurled around in reference to them) and as much as I love Aenima, I'm sure I'd get bored if they went the AC/DC route and simply reproduced their single greatest album over and over. All in all, a fantastic show and I completely enjoyed it! I hope they keep making music and touring, and I'll definitely be going to see the next show they put on in my neck of the woods!
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-06-2006, 02:42 PM   #54
Level 2 - Poster

Last nights show was killer. My girlfriend and I travelled from Maine, it was definitly worth the 6 1/2 hour drive each way. It was her first time seeing Tool, my 7th (my first on this leg of the tour). Setlist was pretty much the same when I saw them at the Orpheum in May, but they played 10k days and wings for marie, which were great live. The new stage setup looks good, lasers were a nice touch. All in all the sound was pretty good, and from where we were sitting the vocals were loud and clear for the most part, only drowned out a couple of times by the instrumentals which is to be expected at a live show. We were seated section 122, row x, directly in front of the stage all the way back. Initially, i thought these seats would be horrible, but they turned out to be a lot better than i thought and we had a nice clear view of the stage. Great show, cant wait to see them again, hopefully in the next year or two.
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-06-2006, 03:40 PM   #55
Level 1 - Lurker

First off I have been a Tool fan for many years now but unfortionately this was only my second Tool concert, first was at the Mullins Center in Amherst MA, for the 2002 lateralus tour. That first show I saw was just Phenominal, It was such an experience that I couldln't actually believe that it was real, i thought i was in a dream. They didn't play Third eye at that show, but we got D/R/T, seeing that live was just insane and i will never ever forget the emotions i had during and still have for that show.

As for this show, me and 2 buddies of mine arrived about 3 1/2 hours early and found a parking lot where we were allowed to grill up some food. We tailgated till about 7:45,
cooking up, drinking, listening to music, and best of all, shoing off those damn vultures trying to sell us T-shirts. We had one dude come up to us asking $20 for a shirt, till we told him that everyone else had them for $10, then my buddy proceeding to talk him down to a Yager bomb and 3 bucks, and the dude was gonna actually barder for that till we told him we didn't want his trash haha. Anyway we got into the civic center and found our seats. I was in section 104, Row V, Seat 8 (had on a black and grey 10,000 days shirt on). Less than 5 minutes later Isis came on. This was the first time i ever heard their music and i was impressed. When Tool came on me and my buddy to the right of me immediately started rocking out and were into it so much that i had security and a cop yell at me 3 or so times during the night. I don't know if it was just my seats or what, but just like some of you have said, The Bass was too loud and the lyrics were to low and i often had trouble hearing maynard. Overall I had a great time at this show, the visuals were cool....there was a guy in the bathroom handing out free hits of acid.....i'm sure there were alot of screwed up people just staring at the visuals. (No i didn't take any) Although i was feeling the music and was rocking out the hardest of anyone i saw in my area, this concert didn't leave me with the feeling that i was expecting to have like the one i had at the lateralus tour. I went into this concert with so much anticipation and have been looking forward to seeing these guys so much and after leaving the civic center, although feeling pumped up, i sort of felt incomplete and loath for more. I wish i had the time/funds to see multiple shows for this tour so i could have a first hand comparison for myslelf. I hope they come back for the spring of '07 so i can have a second chance to reinstill that undescribable feeling of pure sober exstacy that i receaved back in 2002.

Spiral Out!
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-06-2006, 03:42 PM   #56

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Small note: Maynard said "Pittsburgh was louder".......he said the same damn thing in Mansfield. And why do I get the feeling he has said that else where also...

Now this isn't meant to sound bitter, but it will. This tour is only exciting for those who have never seen Tool before. The past tours kill this tour without even trying. Anyone who has seen Tool before, would probably agree, that this time around...the Tool guy's are just not really giveing a crap about it anymore.
He has, if you check different reviews from other states. Then again, he does recycle a lot of what he says.

I agree with you. I figured the "warm up" would've been what it was, and that the fall tour would've kicked out something extraordinary, Lateralus style. I don't know. I was so disappointed beyond words when all you get was some stupid lasers, because I know the potential they do have to make the stage and atmosphere be overwhelming and incredible. (Think, the banners dropping when Reflection starts, or the backgrounds of the Alex Grey, and the videos going clockwise and counterclockwise to the left and right of you, etc.) I don't think lasers make up for that at all. I bought tickets for Mansfield and Hartford relatively close, thinking it'd blow my mind away like the first two Lateralus concerts did. If I would've known they were like the summer I would've just bought one. I'll have to read some reviews next time before I even bother to buy a ticket. If they did so much as change the goddamn setlist I'd bother to buy a ticket. I'm just coming to realize, though, I'll never ever hear Prison Sex, Jerk-Off, or Sweat. Fuckers.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:32 PM   #57
Level 4 - Thinker

I flew 8 hours yesterday from Arizona and then another 8 hours back to Arizona today to see TOOL. But I was fortunate enough to have seen them from the front row last night. I had sec. 1 row a seat 9.... Was it worth it.....HELL YES!!! Every penny, well everyone of my husband's pennies.... I could have almost shook Adam's hand. His wife Camella was up front taking pictures for most of the show, so hopefully they will be posted somewhere on one of these sites. This is my 5th show of this tour, and I really thought Maynard seemed pretty into it and it was a great show. I got ripped off on the Arizona show in Sept. because of the dick head that threw up a bottle and hit Maynard in the side of the head. So, since I got jipped on 1/2 of The Pot and about 3/4 of 46 & 2, I had to see one more show. And I'm so glad I did. Again, great show and some pretty random people in Connecticut....Glad to be home but the people on the floor were very cool and let everyone enjoy the show their own way. You know without getting slammed around....I should have stayed 2 more days and drove down to NJ and NY. It would have at least made the flying a little more worth it. But the show itself was definitely worth it for me....
Old 10-06-2006, 07:52 PM   #58
Level 3 - Talker

WELL....
I was at Mansfield last week and lemme tell you, the crowd energy in CT SUCKED.ASS. I was up in Section 103, pretty sweet seats and I could see the whole place really well and hardly anyone was rocking out like they were at Tweeter. When the guys did their, "Sit on the stage with a lighter and tell us Pittsburgh was louder" bit, well... Pittsburgh probably was louder than CT. Tweeter Center was 1 million times louder and we were OUTSIDE- a little harder to do!!! I'm going to go ahead right now and attribute this to the disproportionate amount of GIRLS. (And I can say this because I am one.) I've never seen so many girls at a TOOL concert before. And that's not necessarily a bad thing, but when about 60% of them are wearing Abercrombie and Fitch/preppy clothes to a TOOL show and looking incredibly bored... you know they just came with their boyfriends who are the real TOOL fans. I saw many girls rocking out- I saw a higher percentage barely nodding their heads. Maybe you'd better stay at home next time so maybe I can get closer to the stage next time, k?
Personally, the same setlist thing kind of disappointed me, just because I like being surprised. It was kind of like knowing the ending of a movie before you see it... But, if I hadn't seen them in Mansfield, I wouldn't have known! They still rocked my fucking socks! They're still Tool and their quality never diminshes even if the crowd's does! And, of course, Isis played great as well!!! Was it just me though, or did they play 1 or 2 more songs in Mansfield?? Anyways, the show was amazing, I can't get over the lights and the pure-white stage and the graphics.... just absolutely amazing. I am counting the days until I see them again!
...maybe next time, though, not in Hartford. The MA crowd owns.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:22 PM   #59
Level 2 - Poster

Another incredible tool experience!

I think this is my 6th show but who is counting. They are all unique and memorable. The sound is in the civic center was not as good as MA but it was still enjoyable. My seats in 115 were alot better than being in a seat in a field at the Tweeter center. That was the most frustrating experience after being in the 5th row during the mini-tour, lol.

I did not notice a lack of energy from the crowd at all. I might have been caught up in the show. In the long run it does really matter to me at all. I guess it nice for the band, but I dont really care if the other people are standing or sitting, yelling or silent. As long as they are not being rude to other people and enjoy the experience.

See ya the next time around!

It was nice meeting the fellow TA members before the show and around the civic center. :-)

Best regards,
Jared
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-07-2006, 06:31 AM   #60
Level 1 - Lurker

The show at Hartford Civic Center was great, i was sitting in section 5 on the floor. The setlist was to be expected. they been playing this setlist since the begining of the 2006 tour, with a few minor adjustments. hint 10,000 days, wings for marie, in order.. Wish they played a little of opiate album, but what can you do. maynard voice still kicks ass even with the mohawk and the ATF jacket. im suprised he didnt complain about all the smoke, cause he needs to keep his voice. there must of been 20 different scents of weed in the air. The crowd was not really there, too many young kids, that dont know a thing about the band tool. i myself was there in 92 at the limelight, been a loyal fan since. did enjoy that fact they chilled on stage before encore, taking in the moment, alot of lighters. dont have a favorite song, because they all kick ass, thanks for your time!
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-07-2006, 06:46 AM   #61
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJsancho View Post
I was sitting right in front of them. When they first sat down I heard them talking to the ppl around them, saying, "So, you like this band, TOOL? And they're, what, like a heavier band?"
And i was just thinking to myself, "Who the fuck are these guys, and why/how are they here?"
Then Justin's girlfriend came over and talked to them and I realized they were friends/family. Then as she was leaving she knocked my full cup of beer over and it spilled all over the floor. She promised she'd get me another one, but she didn't. Not even an apple martini. Grrrr...

Next stop: Jersey.
Justin's girlfriend, you owe me 8 bucks!
I was sitting next to the older VIPS, and I was right behind you.
They were very cool. Their cousin in LA makes the electronic drums that Danny uses. This was their first time to see Tool. They loved it.

They brought me back stage with them to meet the band! The experience was awesome!

I meet Danny, Adam and Justin. We hung out with the guys, listen to the Ramones and talked for about 2 hours. The guys were so normal and cool. They were very welcoming and make sure we enjoyed eveything. I meet Adam's wife and Great Dane, and Justin's gfriend.

All I can say to my new friends is thanks for the memmories.
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-07-2006, 12:05 PM   #62
Level 3 - Talker

This was tool show number 4 for me. It did not dissapoint. Everyother show i've seen i've been on the sides of the stage. Up alittle. So i got intamate with specific members of the band. This time i was sitting back, centerd. I got to watch the entire band at once. It was alittle but anoying not to be higher up to see the stage and all the screen that was on it. Maynard seemd to be really happy when he first came out. Removed his hat and jacket realy quick, thought it would be like Lateralus tour when he got down to a g-string within the first 5 songs. But he really did seem to grow weary of the crowd. When they first hit the stage i looked around my section and was SHOCKED to see how many people were sitting down. What the fuck? It's TOOL!! Over all, i say the show was amazing! Rosetta Stoned was pure magic. The lateralus tour, which i was lucky enough to catch three times, left me with a much more overwheliming feeling of inlightenment, and overall happiness. Maynard would address the crowd twards the end of the show every time. I hope , that like their last tour, they're doing their first run of America, then Europe, then they'll be back again to do a second leg. And on those shows i think they will open up more, and do more old stuff. Not that the new stuff is in anyway less than their older stuff, im just trying to keep Hope for Third Eye. The show i saw before this last one, back in 01, The played two or three different intros to Third Eye, and than before the last song, Maynard said, "We had a long discussion about which song to close with, Third Eye or Lateralus. Hope you like what we chose." They played Lateralus, which was AMAZING, but i had seen it twice at that point. So keeping my fingers crossed. Hope they come back, and as always, they were on top of their game! Keep it up!
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-07-2006, 12:34 PM   #63
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

You are exactly right Dharma!! I have been to at least 12 tool shows. This tour is only cool to non real tool fans. I went to this show and 2 other great ones last week from South Florida (I also spent a mint to see them twice at City Center in NYC and have postings on this site to prove it--unless they were taken off--which would not surprise me)..they were all the same!!! They are great, but trust me...you only need to see one show per tour. I am not like any of these other guys that think that they are going to play Hooker with a Penis, Crawl Away, or Ticks and Leetches, ( Iwas lucky enough to see that live in Florida---which Tool has never been back too.)---but how about a "Right in Two" instead of some other new song...personally , I think "Wings for Marie" sucks!!!! 10,000 days is OK and I realize it is part 2 and "Wings for Marie" is part 1...but those songs are too slow and give the whole show a definate buzzkill. Maynard plays them for his own selfish reasons--but what would you expect from him. I think he is the best in the business, but his act is getting stale!!! I truly believe this will be their last tour. They seem disinterested!!!!
My true feelings were taken off this site by the person who runs it...who must not be a tool fan , as he never wants to get any person's real feelings. Whoever films this show---at the soundboard....You are the biggest Asshole in the world!!!!!!

PS..Thank You Justin--you play a bass like no other!!!!!!!

Last edited by vicarious462; 10-08-2006 at 11:34 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-07-2006, 01:25 PM   #64
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 3

thanks todd
great time----youre a+
at what you do
have a safe euro tour c-ya.....dave
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-07-2006, 07:45 PM   #65
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

That was my 12 TOOL show and I thought it was fucking great. Yeah I could say they didn't play such a song and the crowd and the levels....... but i won't because ~ It was perfect. I was in Mansfield, and Manchester and every show was different, and thats what makes the physical/emotional/spiritual aspect so unique. Not the setlist, it's the mood of the band, your mood, the venue and well yeah, a good pumped crowd thats into it can add to it, but I go for what TOOL creates and what that creation gives me, and I could be alone on the arena floor and TOOL would take me for the same ride as if I were surrounded by 30,000 fans. So till the spring tour I shall impatiently spiral out and wait... I am the bearded guy witha red & black cape if any one saw me.. peace out
5/20/2001 - NY, 9/20/01 - ME, 9/21/01 - MA, 9/22/01 - CT ~ 8/15/02 - NJ, 8/16/02 - MA, 8/17/02 - RI, 8/18/02 - NH, 10/28/02 - MA ~ 9/29/06 - MA, 10/3/06 - NH, 10/5/06 - CT ~ 7/12/07 - MA, 7/18/07 - NJ ~ 1/28/2012 - MA
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-08-2006, 08:51 AM   #66
Level 4 - Thinker

What more can I say that hasn't been said already?

Fucking incredible show from start to finish. I was in Section 7 on the floor with an awesome view. The sound was UNTOUCHABLE. Anyone who says else must have had shitty seats or something because I could not believe how great the sound was..and believe me, TOOL indoors at an arena is 10x better than seeing them outside, you just don't get that whole Tool experience outdoors.

I couldn't be happier with this show. I fucking hope to god they tour this Spring with Mastodon..cause those Euro fucks are lucky to be seeing these two great bands together.
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-08-2006, 02:02 PM   #67
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
I'd just like to finish by giving a shout out to the two balding pear-shaped idiots wearing white tool shirts who were told to get off their chairs about ten times, dude, if you're reading this... you're just not supposed to stand the chairs. maybe pepper spray is a better deterrent than a flashlight in the face?
Kudos to you for bring up these idiots! I was right behnd those guys, and really appreciated the one person who was able to get them off the chairs. We all paid our price to be there and deserved to watch the show equally - without some guys fat ass in our faces! If you were that guy, I thank you. You made my night! Overall, everyone else around us was cool. The girl next to me asked if I minded if she smoked a butt. Not many concert goers are that polite. It was a good show. Acoustically, Mansfield was much better, but I could really feel the music in Hartford. I LOVED when everyone lit their lighters. From the floor looking up, it was a beautiful sight!
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-08-2006, 06:46 PM   #68
Level 1 - Lurker

i'm a concert newbie so this was my first concert ever and i must say it is one i shall never forget. i've liked tool for a very long time and have always wanted to see them so when the opertunity arose i was like "hell yeah" this concert was awesome, maynards stage presence was just amazing. they played great songs, some i hadn't heard before because i haven't really listened to the new album but it was really great to be there. i was only about 75 feet from the stage and i could see them all pretty clearly when tall people weren't in my way. everyone in my section was standing up and cheering and singing along with them. this one kid behind me was a huge maynard fan boy so i had to giggle a bit. over all i really enjoyed Aenima and wings part one and two. i can't wait for them to tour again and i really hope they have a second leg of the tour after they go to europe.
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-10-2006, 09:50 PM   #69
Level 1 - Lurker

great show

rosetta stoned on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQSyqdHABXo
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-15-2006, 12:20 PM   #70
Level 4 - Thinker

I may have been a little harsh with earlier quotes. Anytime you can see this band is a treat and an experience for sure.
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-15-2006, 12:25 PM   #71
Level 4 - Thinker

I may have been a little harsh with my earlier quote. Anytime you can see this band is a treat, and an EXPERIENCE for sure. My brother took my ticket and sat 10 rows from the stage....The selfish bastard never came back until I WENT AND GOT HIM....So I may have been still pissed from that....I was stuck back in Sec 7 Anyone in Sec 7, especially if they were sitting near the soundboard--knows who I was talking about.. and I stand by that comment about the guy who was filming at the soundboard for the band!!!! Mansfield , Ma....was the best of the 3 nights....(Mansfield, Manchester, Hartford)....without question!!!!!
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: