opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Parabola
User Name
Password
Old 02-25-2003, 02:09 PM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3
Lateralus/ Parabola

Just wondering if anyone has tried running Lateralus (song) along with Parabola(video). They both are about the same length, and ive heard some people say the end syncs up way better. Also in one of the Tool newsletters Blair mentioned something about a video and Lateralus, so mabe parts were designed to co-exist so to speak.... If anyones tried this please say what time at the beginning of the video you start the cd to get them to atch up too.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 02:53 PM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1
The grudge sync

I've only done the sync with The Grudge and it does make sense, just start the song and video at the same time, the song should end when Tricky picks up the leaf.

The part where Maynard screams fits just perfectly as Tricky is inhaling the cygote (or whatever that purple embrio is called), Tricky starts to close his mouth as the scream fades away. There are many mood changes on the song that fit into the images, try it and decide for yourself.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:59 PM   #3
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217
Re: Lateralus/ Parabola

this works. i was gonna make a thread, but since it seems i'm eight years off ...this totally works; just a reminder. after all those free-floating fractal-energy binary-based symbols morph into this zero-point/empty chamber... and just as parabol begins... mute the video and press play on the track lateralus.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:19 AM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

I don't understand on which topic you are discussing?
Old 07-07-2011, 01:10 PM   #5
Level 3 - Talker

I tried both versions posted.
For me "The Grudge" doesn't synch up at any point of the video. Even the part where the man screams seems to be quite random, as Maynard's scream in the song is like half a minute, but the guy in the video just screams about 10 seconds or so.

The "Lateralus" synch worked better. Especially when the man picks up the leaf the video really starts to match the song (music as well as the lyrics). Nevertheless the parts before that don't make much sense to me.

So I think the video is, what it is. A perfect visualization of "Parabol(a)".
Old 07-17-2011, 02:38 AM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

visualization is good.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:18 PM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

I did for a year, then realized if your a good player you don't need qualifications to prove this.
Coach Glasses
discount coach handbags
microsoft office 2010

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: