opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Jan-Feb 2007
User Name
Password
Old 01-17-2007, 10:21 PM   #1
Stealth Bomber

Bincount™: 37
2007/02/14 - Nagoya, JAP - Diamond Hall

SETLIST --

Stinkfist
Swamp Song
Forty Six & 2
Schism
Right In Two
Opiate
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!

"Does this person ever post or is he a waste of space?" - fuckBrokers
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-14-2007, 06:35 AM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/02/14 - Nagoya, JAP - Diamond Hall

Last concert of the japanese tour w a few suprises for valentines... (opiate, swamp song, right in 2)....well the highlights... Maynard got on stage wearing a mask (in fact it was more than one) n a Puscifer jacket... Danny missed a few beats in the begining of Schims... the crowd was ok... the only bad thing: I never saw the lasers! Zepp is kinda small for what Ive seen from the arena tour in the states n europe n aussie, n the diamond hall is tiny! ... Besides that Tool was awesome as always, n Danny totally blew minds in Right in two....I got the chance to meet ajen_trypt. Also I met Joe (Danny`s drumtech) who was nice enough to give me a pair of DC signature drumsticks, n showed me one of DC`s snare drum ( specially made for him as a bday present from Sonor... ok ok 14x8, wood, black hardware, n the finish is a cover w the art of 10 k days, n it says "happy Birthday Danny!") ..... i couldnt take any pic w the guys ..... but who cares? i had the time of my life w Opiate, RI2, n all the other songs...
Heres the setlist:

Stinkfist
Swamp Song
46+2
Schims (Danny`s mistake)
Right in 2
Opiate (yeah Opiate baby!)
Wings for Marie
10 000 days
Lateralus
Vicarious (domo arigatou gozaimashita!)
Aenimia

End of the Japanese Tour.....
cheers
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-14-2007, 07:53 AM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

Apart from the setlist, performance, and other technical aspects of the show; I felt that the most inspiring part of tonight was how sincere the band came off to me throughout the show. Tool music doesn't really resonate as strongly to me as it has in the past, but seeing those guys doing something just because they enjoy to do it was the most influencial part of the night. Thanks Tool.
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-14-2007, 08:16 AM   #4
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by akira View Post
I felt that the most inspiring part of tonight was how sincere the band came off to me throughout the show. seeing those guys doing something just because they enjoy to do it was the most influencial part of the night. Thanks Tool.
Couldn't agree more. when most other big names from their era have disappeared, these four guys are putting everything they have into their art, and still having fun.
Saw them in Osaka twice, but Diamond Hall is insane small (to have seen Tool in). Completely blown away...
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-15-2007, 01:49 AM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by akira View Post
Apart from the setlist, performance, and other technical aspects of the show; I felt that the most inspiring part of tonight was how sincere the band came off to me throughout the show. Tool music doesn't really resonate as strongly to me as it has in the past, but seeing those guys doing something just because they enjoy to do it was the most influencial part of the night. Thanks Tool.
I'd have to slightly disagree. They are not there just to enjoy, like such has-beens as Ro**ing St**es or A**osm**h etc.

Last edited by jasminetea; 02-15-2007 at 04:26 AM..
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: