Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 06. Lipan Conjuring
User Name
Password
Tawcan
04-18-2006, 10:04 PM

I don't know about you guys but I think placing this song right in the middle of the album is perfect. After listening to 5 intense songs it's kinda nice to take a short break, sit back, reflect on what you just heard, and get ready for the next round.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:04 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Interesting placement of this track

I don't know about you guys but I think placing this song right in the middle of the album is perfect. After listening to 5 intense songs it's kinda nice to take a short break, sit back, reflect on what you just heard, and get ready for the next round.
04-18-2006, 10:10 PM

good point
Old 04-18-2006, 10:10 PM   #2
Banned.

Bincount™: 664
Re: Interesting placement of this track

good point
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
ArizonaBay's Avatar ArizonaBay
04-20-2006, 03:23 PM

This track reminds me of the odd vocals at the start of the pot except deeper, kind of in the rhythm of it , anyone else think this?
Old 04-20-2006, 03:23 PM   #3
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 11

This track reminds me of the odd vocals at the start of the pot except deeper, kind of in the rhythm of it , anyone else think this?
chalimar's Avatar chalimar
04-21-2006, 08:02 AM

This is comic relief guys!

And it's the only thing Tool has ever put on an album that made me laugh hard. When I heard Maynard's Dick or the intro to Third Eye or the first part of Disgustipated I had to grin or chuckle, but with this one I just couldn't refrain from laughing. Hard.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:02 AM   #4
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

This is comic relief guys!

And it's the only thing Tool has ever put on an album that made me laugh hard. When I heard Maynard's Dick or the intro to Third Eye or the first part of Disgustipated I had to grin or chuckle, but with this one I just couldn't refrain from laughing. Hard.
angrygodofjebus
04-21-2006, 02:15 PM

If you wanna be all analytical about it, you could say since it's all tribal, religious, and ritualistic....the guy from Lost Keys and Rosetta Stoned is doing the acid during this track.

Lost Keys is him waking up completely fucked up. He lost his keys while tripping. lost keys, literally.

Rosetta Stoned is him remembering the whole fucking crazy thing.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:15 PM   #5
Level 3 - Talker

If you wanna be all analytical about it, you could say since it's all tribal, religious, and ritualistic....the guy from Lost Keys and Rosetta Stoned is doing the acid during this track.

Lost Keys is him waking up completely fucked up. He lost his keys while tripping. lost keys, literally.

minnull's Avatar minnull
04-21-2006, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrygodofjebus

Thats a cool theory. I personally think its the bands way of saying to the listener "put down your calculator and sacred geometery and just listen to these next couple of tracks without the intension of uncovering a riddle"

God damn, spiral out.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:13 PM   #6
Banned.

Bincount™: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrygodofjebus

Thats a cool theory. I personally think its the bands way of saying to the listener "put down your calculator and sacred geometery and just listen to these next couple of tracks without the intension of uncovering a riddle"

God damn, spiral out.
aeon blue
04-22-2006, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnull

God damn, spiral out.

hahaha. twat. (no offence)
Old 04-22-2006, 03:07 AM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnull

God damn, spiral out.

hahaha. twat. (no offence)
04-22-2006, 04:49 PM

it's put after The Pot because of Black Kettle. it's not a joke either.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:49 PM   #8

Bincount™: 1

04-23-2006, 08:29 AM

So it makes it that Lipan/Lost Keys/Rosetta all one track alltogether? That's a nice theory but not to real, though. Anyway people are bitchin' about this track and I dunno why since it's just a fucking interlude that lasts for a minute. BE PATIENT.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:29 AM   #9
PmF
Level 3 - Talker

So it makes it that Lipan/Lost Keys/Rosetta all one track alltogether? That's a nice theory but not to real, though. Anyway people are bitchin' about this track and I dunno why since it's just a fucking interlude that lasts for a minute. BE PATIENT.
Anr149
04-23-2006, 10:03 AM

I believe it is put before lost keys and rosetta stoned because when many tribes, such as the lipan, have rituals they use halucinogens to "conjure" spirits and things and the next song is about a guy ending up in a hospital on LSD and then is followed by rosetta stoned which is also about using LSD... thats just my take on why they put the song where they did..
Old 04-23-2006, 10:03 AM   #10
Level 2 - Poster

I believe it is put before lost keys and rosetta stoned because when many tribes, such as the lipan, have rituals they use halucinogens to "conjure" spirits and things and the next song is about a guy ending up in a hospital on LSD and then is followed by rosetta stoned which is also about using LSD... thats just my take on why they put the song where they did..
04-23-2006, 10:09 AM

agreed
Old 04-23-2006, 10:09 AM   #11
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 801

agreed
04-23-2006, 10:17 AM

This song is bothering people becuase all of the old segues from laterallus served a purpose. Most of their segues sound pretty cool live....

If you've ever seen them live Ion's is sweet when they do it live (i've only seen them lead into stinkfist with this) but it was kick ass....

Parabol is perfect for parabola...
Eon Blue Apocalypse leads into the patient amazingly...
Intermission leads into jimmy very well (regardless of what ppl say, i see it this way)
Mantra leads into schism very well.

Harry Manback seems silly, but people dont understand the point of that track. Aenima was an album very much about bill hicks. Eulogy is about bill hicks, bill hicks speaks in the intro to third eye. The song aenima deals with bill hicks type of humor and his beliefs of hollywood. And also, this song deals with a joke dealing with bill hicks.

Now i ask, what is the point of Lipan conjuring? It doesnt make any sense, where as every other segue has served a purpose. This one doesnt seem to fit at all, ive tried to come up with all sorts of crazy theories (i think i got close) but this song still bothers me ALOT. You people need to stop picking this song apart, laughing at it and making fun of it and figure out what its purpose is.

I cant stand the wierd songs on aenima, and i never listen to them, but at least i understand them and they dont piss me off. This song, lipan conjuring just bothers me.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:17 AM   #12
On Probation

This song is bothering people becuase all of the old segues from laterallus served a purpose. Most of their segues sound pretty cool live....

If you've ever seen them live Ion's is sweet when they do it live (i've only seen them lead into stinkfist with this) but it was kick ass....

Parabol is perfect for parabola...
Eon Blue Apocalypse leads into the patient amazingly...
Intermission leads into jimmy very well (regardless of what ppl say, i see it this way)
Mantra leads into schism very well.

Harry Manback seems silly, but people dont understand the point of that track. Aenima was an album very much about bill hicks. Eulogy is about bill hicks, bill hicks speaks in the intro to third eye. The song aenima deals with bill hicks type of humor and his beliefs of hollywood. And also, this song deals with a joke dealing with bill hicks.

Now i ask, what is the point of Lipan conjuring? It doesnt make any sense, where as every other segue has served a purpose. This one doesnt seem to fit at all, ive tried to come up with all sorts of crazy theories (i think i got close) but this song still bothers me ALOT. You people need to stop picking this song apart, laughing at it and making fun of it and figure out what its purpose is.

I cant stand the wierd songs on aenima, and i never listen to them, but at least i understand them and they dont piss me off. This song, lipan conjuring just bothers me.
maestrotee's Avatar maestrotee
04-23-2006, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate-dogg21
This song, lipan conjuring just bothers me.
Maybe that is the point .... hmmmmmmm.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:39 PM   #13
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate-dogg21
This song, lipan conjuring just bothers me.
Maybe that is the point .... hmmmmmmm.
04-23-2006, 01:17 PM

The screaming at the end ruins the vibe a little bit. I would like to know if it is an actual conjuring.

Salud!
Old 04-23-2006, 01:17 PM   #14

Bincount™: 2

The screaming at the end ruins the vibe a little bit. I would like to know if it is an actual conjuring.

Salud!
drone007
04-23-2006, 04:26 PM

first of all, if the lipan conjuring is supposed to be a moment of relfection about where you are currently and where you are going (via the band's explanation of the song) then I can fully understand the scream at the end... we're living in frustrating times. this song has emotion in it, and i don't mind hearing it at all.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:26 PM   #15

Bincount™: 1

first of all, if the lipan conjuring is supposed to be a moment of relfection about where you are currently and where you are going (via the band's explanation of the song) then I can fully understand the scream at the end... we're living in frustrating times. this song has emotion in it, and i don't mind hearing it at all.
01-05-2007, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drone007 View Post
Right on, it's about time. Anyone who knows anything about Tool knows how much they are into ritual magick, and that conjuring is a form of magick. This track has an intended effect on the listener, and while I don't know exactly what that is, I know I feel something when I hear it.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:30 PM   #16
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by drone007 View Post
Right on, it's about time. Anyone who knows anything about Tool knows how much they are into ritual magick, and that conjuring is a form of magick. This track has an intended effect on the listener, and while I don't know exactly what that is, I know I feel something when I hear it.
jonboy's Avatar jonboy
01-05-2007, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anr149 View Post
Yes.

It is the right and wrong way to use drugs
Old 01-05-2007, 04:13 PM   #17
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 129

Quote:
Yes.

It is the right and wrong way to use drugs
fadastic's Avatar fadastic
01-06-2007, 04:19 AM

Quote:
I feel the same. Also, since Lipan translates to "grass people" I always figured they kinda used it as a joke title, like talking about pot...and the song before is called The Pot. I realize that song is supposed to be "the pot calling the kettle black" not "pot you smoke", but I figure they might have used it as a double meaning.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:19 AM   #18
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
I feel the same. Also, since Lipan translates to "grass people" I always figured they kinda used it as a joke title, like talking about pot...and the song before is called The Pot. I realize that song is supposed to be "the pot calling the kettle black" not "pot you smoke", but I figure they might have used it as a double meaning.
Salvatorin
01-06-2007, 07:38 PM

"The grass people"="The pot people"="The Pot"
Old 01-06-2007, 07:38 PM   #19
Banned.

Location: Anywhere with the opportunity of being wooftacular!
Bincount™: 332

"The grass people"="The pot people"="The Pot"
TOD
01-28-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurok View Post
Good point! 1+2+3+4+5+4+3+2+1
You get 9
If you sync this Wings combo, so 2 songs drop in to the back of 10000days which I now prefer 11111"upper case 2"
Sadly those 9 numbers = 24 and there is no upper or lowercase 2. Its just a 2. In response to most of the other remarks in this thread...Isn't it pretty obvious that the scream is foreshadowing to Rosetta Stoned and all three songs are conceptually connected? I mean isn't that just common sense?
Old 01-28-2012, 09:01 AM   #20
TOD
Banned.

Bincount™: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurok View Post
Good point! 1+2+3+4+5+4+3+2+1
You get 9
If you sync this Wings combo, so 2 songs drop in to the back of 10000days which I now prefer 11111"upper case 2"
Sadly those 9 numbers = 24 and there is no upper or lowercase 2. Its just a 2. In response to most of the other remarks in this thread...Isn't it pretty obvious that the scream is foreshadowing to Rosetta Stoned and all three songs are conceptually connected? I mean isn't that just common sense?
TOD
02-01-2012, 04:17 PM

Damn, it is 25.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:17 PM   #21
TOD
Banned.

Bincount™: 310

Damn, it is 25.
EyE03's Avatar EyE03
04-08-2019, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrygodofjebus View Post

Then where did he get the krispy kremes?
Old 04-08-2019, 12:29 AM   #22
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrygodofjebus View Post

Then where did he get the krispy kremes?

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply