Ticks & Leeches
Pushit
Schism (new intro)
Intension
Forty Six & 2
Lateralus
Ænema

Reviews only. No links to bootlegs.

Last edited by kanaduh; 01-19-2012 at 02:05 AM..
Old 01-09-2012, 12:33 AM   #1
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45
01.18.2012 - Albuquerque, NM @ Tingley Coliseum

*****DO NOT POST HERE UNLESS YOU WERE AT THE SHOW*****

Hooker With A Penis
Jambi
Stinkfist
Ticks & Leeches
Pushit
Schism (new intro)
Intension
Forty Six & 2
Lateralus
Ænema

Reviews only. No links to bootlegs.

Last edited by kanaduh; 01-19-2012 at 02:05 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
msj
01-18-2012, 09:50 PM

Got jewed out of the pot.
Maynard is making wine with new Mexican grapes.
LED boards are bad ass.
"Let the drum faggotry begin."
Old 01-18-2012, 09:50 PM   #2
msj
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.18.2012 - Albuquerque, NM @ Tingley Coliseum

Got jewed out of the pot.
Maynard is making wine with new Mexican grapes.
LED boards are bad ass.
"Let the drum faggotry begin."
turbomustang84's Avatar turbomustang84
01-18-2012, 10:49 PM

epic show .but I am wore out
Old 01-18-2012, 10:49 PM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

epic show .but I am wore out
tbourne
01-18-2012, 11:01 PM

Tool was great, but I will not ever see a show at Tingley again. The sound in that place is, and always has been horrible. Light show was impressive. Forty Six and 2 was friggin' awesome. What's with reserved seating on the floor section? The only nice thing about seeing a show at Tingley USED to be having the ability to get close to the band by getting there early, but no more :( Anyway, good show overall and hope they put out another album soon!
Old 01-18-2012, 11:01 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Tool was great, but I will not ever see a show at Tingley again. The sound in that place is, and always has been horrible. Light show was impressive. Forty Six and 2 was friggin' awesome. What's with reserved seating on the floor section? The only nice thing about seeing a show at Tingley USED to be having the ability to get close to the band by getting there early, but no more :( Anyway, good show overall and hope they put out another album soon!
Pandara9
01-18-2012, 11:49 PM

Tool played a great show! If it wasn't for lame-ass Tingley, it would have been better. They tell a couple of weeks before the show that, "Whoops. BTW, you just bought assigned seat tickets on the floor!" Seating was a mess, but it was awesome once they started playing. I thought the concert seemed a bit on the shorter side but maybe that was just me. Maynard kept his clothes on the whole show. Too bad, I would have liked to have seen his cool spine tat again. Props to the opening band, Intronaut. They put on a great introduction. Also, got to see another drummer on stage ( also named Danny, I think) who played with them for a while. Glad to have made it to the show and i can't wait until next time
Old 01-18-2012, 11:49 PM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Tool played a great show! If it wasn't for lame-ass Tingley, it would have been better. They tell a couple of weeks before the show that, "Whoops. BTW, you just bought assigned seat tickets on the floor!" Seating was a mess, but it was awesome once they started playing. I thought the concert seemed a bit on the shorter side but maybe that was just me. Maynard kept his clothes on the whole show. Too bad, I would have liked to have seen his cool spine tat again. Props to the opening band, Intronaut. They put on a great introduction. Also, got to see another drummer on stage ( also named Danny, I think) who played with them for a while. Glad to have made it to the show and i can't wait until next time
Guink2
01-19-2012, 12:23 AM

Tool was great! Pushit was damn incredible! I was hoping for some type of variation in the setlist after reading the setlists from the previous 3 shows...leaving out The Pot was not what I expected.

The suits at Tingley tried something new for tonight's concert and added chairs to the floor...bad,bad move! I saw people wandering around looking for their seats when their row didn't even exist. When security realized what happened they brought in chairs and squeezed a new row in. People still didn't have seats so they made them stand in the aisles next to the people that had aisle seats.

All mishaps aside, the band was in top form, the visuals were exceptional and Maynard's vocals never disappoint! I also liked how he gave props to the New Mexico grapes that he used in his wine.

I look forward to Tool's return and hope that they add an extra song next time in exchange for the one that was left out this evening.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:23 AM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

Tool was great! Pushit was damn incredible! I was hoping for some type of variation in the setlist after reading the setlists from the previous 3 shows...leaving out The Pot was not what I expected.

The suits at Tingley tried something new for tonight's concert and added chairs to the floor...bad,bad move! I saw people wandering around looking for their seats when their row didn't even exist. When security realized what happened they brought in chairs and squeezed a new row in. People still didn't have seats so they made them stand in the aisles next to the people that had aisle seats.

All mishaps aside, the band was in top form, the visuals were exceptional and Maynard's vocals never disappoint! I also liked how he gave props to the New Mexico grapes that he used in his wine.

I look forward to Tool's return and hope that they add an extra song next time in exchange for the one that was left out this evening.
parables in the world's Avatar parables in the world
01-19-2012, 01:48 AM

Other then omitting the pot it was an amazing show. Loved everything about it. Can't complain. I got pics once I can upload I will.

Not believing in things won't make it happen because you don't believe it will.

Peace is a physical and spiritual balance.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:48 AM   #7
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 14

Other then omitting the pot it was an amazing show. Loved everything about it. Can't complain. I got pics once I can upload I will.

01-19-2012, 01:57 AM

Also I got the Adam designed poster...also spelt wrong.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:57 AM   #8
Level 8 - Vociferous

Mohandas_Rand's Avatar Mohandas_Rand
01-19-2012, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parables in the world View Post
Wait, what? There was an Adam designed poster?? Pics?

Or did you mean the extra Aus posters they were selling?
Old 01-19-2012, 03:14 AM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

01-19-2012, 05:01 AM

hmm wonder why they omitted the pot.....how long did the opening band play?
Old 01-19-2012, 05:01 AM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

hmm wonder why they omitted the pot.....how long did the opening band play?
K1200R
01-19-2012, 08:28 AM

Enjoyed the show, just seemed really short. The drum duel was cool. Have to wonder why they would play shitty over Santa Ana. Everything about tingley is crappy, from the $10 parking in a rut and pit-hole filled lot to the uptight management and security shining flashlights in your face because other people had their phones out. Security threatening you to kick you out for texting? WTF?? What happened to the good old days where you could enjoy, have fun and rock a concert?
Old 01-19-2012, 08:28 AM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

Enjoyed the show, just seemed really short. The drum duel was cool. Have to wonder why they would play shitty over Santa Ana. Everything about tingley is crappy, from the $10 parking in a rut and pit-hole filled lot to the uptight management and security shining flashlights in your face because other people had their phones out. Security threatening you to kick you out for texting? WTF?? What happened to the good old days where you could enjoy, have fun and rock a concert?
surrealistone
01-19-2012, 10:13 AM

Intronaut must have played RIGHT at 7:30p (time on tix), as we got thru the doors by 8ish and heard music. By the time we got inside the colliseum, they were over. I'm kinda disappointed I missed them because they are a great, talented band. Tool seemed to go on quite abruptly; the lights went out, the stage lit up purple to a third-eye style heartbeat for about thirty seconds, and hooker with a penis erupted.

The band was definitely tight. Justin shaved his head and was really rocking out. Maynard seemed to be enjoying himself, even a little jolly. He interacted with the crowd, told us he is making wine with New Mexico grapes and even THANKED us! I sense a new leaf being turned over with the band. There was an immense, humanizing feeling about seeing them play this time. It wasn't so much of a "journey" as it was a beautiful ride. They jammed between a few songs, definitely grooving to stuff I've never, in my 13+ years as a fan, have heard. Maybe new material?

The visuals were bright, crisp and very trippy. They played behind 5 GIANT led panels, with Maynard and Danny on a platform behind Adam and Justin. I think there was some sort of transparent screen in front of Maynard and Danny, between Adam and Justin. There were two screens on either side of the stage, and two more screens above the stage. The laser lights projected out above the crowd and created wiggling "worms" on the walls of the colliseum.

For me, the most memorable part was Danny's drum solo on 46&2. As the solo grew, this amazing, vibrant flower of life began to form on the giant screens behind his drum kit. It slowly swirled and expanded, eventually creating a giant geometrical pattern as the song grew to an end. Lateralus was played with a guest drummer (intronaut?). Pushit was the aenima version. The whole show had a very "aenema throwback" kinda feel.

Oh, and I was tripping balls!

In conclusion: when u see tool, arrive early if u wanna see the opening band. Don't buy floor tix as you will have to battle with security and disabled people, plus you'll miss out on the whole visual experience because you'll be too close to take it all in. I'll never sit on the floor at a tool show again, as I've spent well enough energy in my early days scrambling to get as close as I can to see danny play. Their visuals nowadays are best witnessed from a distance.

There's a new leaf being turned in one of my favorite bands, and I'm proud to continue to evolve as a human along with them. Thank you guys for an amazing show. I am grateful and fortunate to have been a fan since Aenima came out and will always support their logical direction.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

Intronaut must have played RIGHT at 7:30p (time on tix), as we got thru the doors by 8ish and heard music. By the time we got inside the colliseum, they were over. I'm kinda disappointed I missed them because they are a great, talented band. Tool seemed to go on quite abruptly; the lights went out, the stage lit up purple to a third-eye style heartbeat for about thirty seconds, and hooker with a penis erupted.

The band was definitely tight. Justin shaved his head and was really rocking out. Maynard seemed to be enjoying himself, even a little jolly. He interacted with the crowd, told us he is making wine with New Mexico grapes and even THANKED us! I sense a new leaf being turned over with the band. There was an immense, humanizing feeling about seeing them play this time. It wasn't so much of a "journey" as it was a beautiful ride. They jammed between a few songs, definitely grooving to stuff I've never, in my 13+ years as a fan, have heard. Maybe new material?

The visuals were bright, crisp and very trippy. They played behind 5 GIANT led panels, with Maynard and Danny on a platform behind Adam and Justin. I think there was some sort of transparent screen in front of Maynard and Danny, between Adam and Justin. There were two screens on either side of the stage, and two more screens above the stage. The laser lights projected out above the crowd and created wiggling "worms" on the walls of the colliseum.

For me, the most memorable part was Danny's drum solo on 46&2. As the solo grew, this amazing, vibrant flower of life began to form on the giant screens behind his drum kit. It slowly swirled and expanded, eventually creating a giant geometrical pattern as the song grew to an end. Lateralus was played with a guest drummer (intronaut?). Pushit was the aenima version. The whole show had a very "aenema throwback" kinda feel.

Oh, and I was tripping balls!

In conclusion: when u see tool, arrive early if u wanna see the opening band. Don't buy floor tix as you will have to battle with security and disabled people, plus you'll miss out on the whole visual experience because you'll be too close to take it all in. I'll never sit on the floor at a tool show again, as I've spent well enough energy in my early days scrambling to get as close as I can to see danny play. Their visuals nowadays are best witnessed from a distance.

There's a new leaf being turned in one of my favorite bands, and I'm proud to continue to evolve as a human along with them. Thank you guys for an amazing show. I am grateful and fortunate to have been a fan since Aenima came out and will always support their logical direction.
01-19-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohandas_Rand View Post

It's the tour poster, he just drew on it then signed it

Old 01-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #13
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohandas_Rand View Post

It's the tour poster, he just drew on it then signed it

canadianbacon
01-19-2012, 12:42 PM

Can anyone post the tour poster from this venue?
Old 01-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

kanaduh
01-19-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbacon View Post
A compliation of tour posters can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/lc4XM#zElja

Note the typo.

Last edited by kanaduh; 01-19-2012 at 01:51 PM..
Old 01-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #15
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbacon View Post
A compliation of tour posters can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/lc4XM#zElja

Note the typo.

Last edited by kanaduh; 01-19-2012 at 01:51 PM..
Pandara9
01-19-2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
What?! Just checked the $30 poster I bought, and the city is spelled wrong. It's spelled ALBURQUERQUE. My little sister (she's a 7th grader) said that they just learned about it in school and they learned that the Dukes of Albuquerque included the extra "R" but the Spaniards dropped it; making both TECHNICALLY correct. But either way, it doesn't seem right to me seeing as though the City of Albuquerque has no "R" on their giant building. We had to put up with so much crap with the ticket sales, seats, and amount of money we paid, and then after all that, I find out about the poster. Wow. What a great way to top off the sundae of disappointments.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
What?! Just checked the $30 poster I bought, and the city is spelled wrong. It's spelled ALBURQUERQUE. My little sister (she's a 7th grader) said that they just learned about it in school and they learned that the Dukes of Albuquerque included the extra "R" but the Spaniards dropped it; making both TECHNICALLY correct. But either way, it doesn't seem right to me seeing as though the City of Albuquerque has no "R" on their giant building. We had to put up with so much crap with the ticket sales, seats, and amount of money we paid, and then after all that, I find out about the poster. Wow. What a great way to top off the sundae of disappointments.
sydstein70's Avatar sydstein70
01-20-2012, 06:55 PM

Memo to drunken douche with the smokin' hot girlfriend in Section T, Row 2.
When you do finally come out of the hazy, alcohol-induced state that your ass was in all evening long, you will have time to consider two things...
(1) Maybe you really cant manage your alcohol intake
(2) Maybe your smokin' hot girlfriend really DID fuck me after your friends carried you out of the arena before the show even ended.
Also, to the piece of shit who decided to SIT ON HIS ASS the entire show and then complain to those of us who were STANDING during the show.
If you're too damn lazy to make any kind of effort to watch the show, then please go fuck yourself.
And if you're going to complain to those of us who want to watch and enjoy the show, then again, please go fuck yourself.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:55 PM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

Memo to drunken douche with the smokin' hot girlfriend in Section T, Row 2.
When you do finally come out of the hazy, alcohol-induced state that your ass was in all evening long, you will have time to consider two things...
(1) Maybe you really cant manage your alcohol intake
(2) Maybe your smokin' hot girlfriend really DID fuck me after your friends carried you out of the arena before the show even ended.
Also, to the piece of shit who decided to SIT ON HIS ASS the entire show and then complain to those of us who were STANDING during the show.
If you're too damn lazy to make any kind of effort to watch the show, then please go fuck yourself.
And if you're going to complain to those of us who want to watch and enjoy the show, then again, please go fuck yourself.
01-20-2012, 08:45 PM

---AMEN, who the fuck sits down at a tool show? dumb ass. eat 5 dried grams of fungus, stand your ass up, and squeegee your third fucking eye! It was probably the same dumb ass who was standing there dumbfounded after aenima saying, "no, the show can't be over, they haven't played sober yet." guess at least some dumbfounded dipshits seep their way into everything sacred - LEARN TO SWIM
Old 01-20-2012, 08:45 PM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

---AMEN, who the fuck sits down at a tool show? dumb ass. eat 5 dried grams of fungus, stand your ass up, and squeegee your third fucking eye! It was probably the same dumb ass who was standing there dumbfounded after aenima saying, "no, the show can't be over, they haven't played sober yet." guess at least some dumbfounded dipshits seep their way into everything sacred - LEARN TO SWIM
withSpirit
01-23-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post

Don't insult people using Tool lyrics. It makes you sound like an idiot.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:40 PM   #19
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post

Numinous
01-24-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by withSpirit View Post
ahh look, withspirit is getting defensive because she wanted to hear sober too.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:00 PM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by withSpirit View Post
ahh look, withspirit is getting defensive because she wanted to hear sober too.
01-25-2012, 02:33 AM

Are their other Adam doodle posters other then mine that got sold. I have it posted up in my room and wanted to know if it's a unique item?

Old 01-25-2012, 02:33 AM   #21
Level 8 - Vociferous

Are their other Adam doodle posters other then mine that got sold. I have it posted up in my room and wanted to know if it's a unique item?

kenamond
09-20-2013, 09:23 PM

Hard to believe that it's been 16 years since I posted a review here. I'm old.

I brought my neighbor to the show at Tingley...he was 9 years old when Opiate came out...this is "classic rock" to him...*sigh*

I'm posting almost 2 years after the show but felt that I had something to add. Mostly, I wanted to make a statement about the horrible acoustics at Tingley.

Show was awesome despite Tingley's awful acoustics and the lame "chairs in the pit" setup. I was hoping for a good ole' pit like '97 at the ABQ convention center, but they put chairs on the floor and paid kids and other (older) Tingley staff to police the seating. I bought my tickets within 2 minutes of the on-sale time and got nearly back-row seats on the floor. The older staff acted like rent-a-cops and bossed me around. The kids, in response to my question, "When the lights go out and I decide to go closer to the stage, what will you do?" said, "If my boss doesn't see it, I don't give a fuck." Okay, problem solved (sort of, I like a mosh and the seats prohibited such activities).

So show starts (as others mentioned, we were a tad late and missed all but the last half of the final song of the opener...sounded pretty impressive and wish I'd seen all of their act). My younger neighbor and I immediately march up the aisle to about row 5 and shove our way into the row...sorry if we inconvenienced you "legitimate row 5-ers", but I was more into the show than any one of you lame fuckers...sue me!

Tingley sucks. I've been there for other shows and sat on the non-floor seating. The acoustics there were horrible...not as bad as The Pit (UNM basketball stadium (OMG fucking horrible))...but bad. I could tell the difference by moving 5 feet closer to the center of the floor - Maynard's vocal levels changed drastically. Bands can't control any of that, but Tool should shoot for the Albuquerque Convention Center if that venue still hosts concerts (pleasepleaseplease come to Santa Fe's Convention Center some day...Primus did!). Tingley owners need to realize that music concerts and acoustic quality are related and that they should consider fixing the problem. Or band tour managers should consider booking a venue whose acoustics don't sound like the entire house mix was patched through a cheap distortion pedal.

All things considered, I loved the show, and the newbie neighbor was utterly impressed (I'd already gone with him to a different show at Santa Ana Star Casino which far-surpassed Tingley in acoustics).

After the show, me and my neighbor were checking out the amps, amp mic setups, monitors, etc. (we jam in a band once a week and geek out on gear) and the older Tingley staffer played his asshole role telling us to clear out...with backed-up crowds still waiting to exit the floor (hurry up and wait...or else!). So we backed off and were checking out the sound booth equipment..."Don't you think we could use 64 more channels on the EQ?" and the same asshole ran us off from there, too. Dude must've been beat up too frequently as a kid.

As always, Tool did their part. No regrets on that part of the picture.

Mack
Old 09-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

Hard to believe that it's been 16 years since I posted a review here. I'm old.

I brought my neighbor to the show at Tingley...he was 9 years old when Opiate came out...this is "classic rock" to him...*sigh*

I'm posting almost 2 years after the show but felt that I had something to add. Mostly, I wanted to make a statement about the horrible acoustics at Tingley.

Show was awesome despite Tingley's awful acoustics and the lame "chairs in the pit" setup. I was hoping for a good ole' pit like '97 at the ABQ convention center, but they put chairs on the floor and paid kids and other (older) Tingley staff to police the seating. I bought my tickets within 2 minutes of the on-sale time and got nearly back-row seats on the floor. The older staff acted like rent-a-cops and bossed me around. The kids, in response to my question, "When the lights go out and I decide to go closer to the stage, what will you do?" said, "If my boss doesn't see it, I don't give a fuck." Okay, problem solved (sort of, I like a mosh and the seats prohibited such activities).

So show starts (as others mentioned, we were a tad late and missed all but the last half of the final song of the opener...sounded pretty impressive and wish I'd seen all of their act). My younger neighbor and I immediately march up the aisle to about row 5 and shove our way into the row...sorry if we inconvenienced you "legitimate row 5-ers", but I was more into the show than any one of you lame fuckers...sue me!

Tingley sucks. I've been there for other shows and sat on the non-floor seating. The acoustics there were horrible...not as bad as The Pit (UNM basketball stadium (OMG fucking horrible))...but bad. I could tell the difference by moving 5 feet closer to the center of the floor - Maynard's vocal levels changed drastically. Bands can't control any of that, but Tool should shoot for the Albuquerque Convention Center if that venue still hosts concerts (pleasepleaseplease come to Santa Fe's Convention Center some day...Primus did!). Tingley owners need to realize that music concerts and acoustic quality are related and that they should consider fixing the problem. Or band tour managers should consider booking a venue whose acoustics don't sound like the entire house mix was patched through a cheap distortion pedal.

All things considered, I loved the show, and the newbie neighbor was utterly impressed (I'd already gone with him to a different show at Santa Ana Star Casino which far-surpassed Tingley in acoustics).

After the show, me and my neighbor were checking out the amps, amp mic setups, monitors, etc. (we jam in a band once a week and geek out on gear) and the older Tingley staffer played his asshole role telling us to clear out...with backed-up crowds still waiting to exit the floor (hurry up and wait...or else!). So we backed off and were checking out the sound booth equipment..."Don't you think we could use 64 more channels on the EQ?" and the same asshole ran us off from there, too. Dude must've been beat up too frequently as a kid.

As always, Tool did their part. No regrets on that part of the picture.

Mack

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply