Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
young-pilgrim's Avatar young-pilgrim
07-19-2006, 07:10 AM

ONLY on the internet can a group of intelligent, thoughtful people from diverse cultural backgrounds come together and bicker pointlessly about how they are each individually the sole possessors of an absolutely correct world view. Rock on fellow Tool fans. I think I'll join you.

It would seem to me that you are all right and wrong. Doubtless the man wrote certain songs based around certain specific situations or sentiments. Inspiration has to come from somewhere after all. But doubtless again he wrote certain other ambiguous songs with the specific intent of making people think, inspiring them to wonder and take time to glean their own lessons and meanings from the music and lyrics. It doesn't have to be just one way for every single song.

Any songs written by the artist with one particular meaning in mind are just as open to individual/personal interpretation as are any songs written without a clear cut meaning. That is, after all, the beauty of great art - it either imitates life so perfectly as to be beautiful or it has an inherent ambiguity that means it appeals to each individiual on a personal level.

I enjoy trying to figure out exactly what he's trying to say with some songs, trying to get to fit together a puzzle - but I get much more out of delving into the lyrics of a song, feeling the tone of the singing and the music, and coming out at the end with something that is much more than just a song, something intimately connected to my sense of self and my world view.

In the end I don't think it's THAT ABSOLUTELY IMPORTANT that we know and understand his exact meaning with each song and change ourselves based on what he has to say. To each his own. I mean this is music not organised religion, right?

Last edited by young-pilgrim; 07-19-2006 at 07:21 AM..
Old 07-19-2006, 07:10 AM   #241
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Maynard

ONLY on the internet can a group of intelligent, thoughtful people from diverse cultural backgrounds come together and bicker pointlessly about how they are each individually the sole possessors of an absolutely correct world view. Rock on fellow Tool fans. I think I'll join you.

It would seem to me that you are all right and wrong. Doubtless the man wrote certain songs based around certain specific situations or sentiments. Inspiration has to come from somewhere after all. But doubtless again he wrote certain other ambiguous songs with the specific intent of making people think, inspiring them to wonder and take time to glean their own lessons and meanings from the music and lyrics. It doesn't have to be just one way for every single song.

Any songs written by the artist with one particular meaning in mind are just as open to individual/personal interpretation as are any songs written without a clear cut meaning. That is, after all, the beauty of great art - it either imitates life so perfectly as to be beautiful or it has an inherent ambiguity that means it appeals to each individiual on a personal level.

I enjoy trying to figure out exactly what he's trying to say with some songs, trying to get to fit together a puzzle - but I get much more out of delving into the lyrics of a song, feeling the tone of the singing and the music, and coming out at the end with something that is much more than just a song, something intimately connected to my sense of self and my world view.

In the end I don't think it's THAT ABSOLUTELY IMPORTANT that we know and understand his exact meaning with each song and change ourselves based on what he has to say. To each his own. I mean this is music not organised religion, right?

Last edited by young-pilgrim; 07-19-2006 at 07:21 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
07-19-2006, 07:31 AM

Oh and just to inspire a little thought in those of you who subscribe to the "We have to know Maynard's singular meaning! We have to follow Maynard's one true teaching!!" school;

"think for yourselves, question authority"

If there is one definite, asbolute meaning to each and every Tool song, one clearly defined and set in stone world view that is present in all this enigmatic songwriting, how do you know that the man hasn't put it out there specifically so that you can bear witness to it, ponder it, and then say "Hang on a minute, I disagree!"? How do you know that the reason he's upset that people "don't get it" isn't because people try and figure out exactly what the songs mean to HIM and then accept that as all the songs are? If I created art to make people think for themselves, to make them push their own boundaries, I'd be pretty upset if they just sat there and tried to figure out what the art meant to ME and then moved on. I'd feel like I'd wasted a damn lot of time.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:31 AM   #242
Level 3 - Talker

Oh and just to inspire a little thought in those of you who subscribe to the "We have to know Maynard's singular meaning! We have to follow Maynard's one true teaching!!" school;

"think for yourselves, question authority"

If there is one definite, asbolute meaning to each and every Tool song, one clearly defined and set in stone world view that is present in all this enigmatic songwriting, how do you know that the man hasn't put it out there specifically so that you can bear witness to it, ponder it, and then say "Hang on a minute, I disagree!"? How do you know that the reason he's upset that people "don't get it" isn't because people try and figure out exactly what the songs mean to HIM and then accept that as all the songs are? If I created art to make people think for themselves, to make them push their own boundaries, I'd be pretty upset if they just sat there and tried to figure out what the art meant to ME and then moved on. I'd feel like I'd wasted a damn lot of time.
asdf25
07-19-2006, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeDeviations
Song is about how Maynard perceives everyone... fans and society in general.. and he's losing patience.

Uses the alien abduction thing.. as a clever way of saying he's the "chosen one" to deliver messages to people...

He's saying... nothing changes in people regardless of what I say.. and it never will. It's a burden trying to help people see or understand... yet I still do it... and nothing ever changes. "Born to bear"... he feels some obligation...

"Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.
Such a heavy burden now to be the One
Born to bear and read to all the details of our ending,
To write it down for all the world to see." That's Maynard speaking to you. The real point to the song.

"But I forgot my pen" Maynard saying that's our pathetic reply/mentality to what he's offered.. (nothing soaks in with people... rolls off their back)

"Shit the bed again." = we continue to not get it... over and over- regardless how many times he says it.

then Maynard says "Typical...." rather sarcastically.

and we don't know... and won't know...
he's conceding to self that he'll never make a siginificant impact because people just don't get it.
Given all the "one meaning" talk coming from ThreeDeviations in this thread, I feel a need to let you know that you're 100% wrong.

"Born to bear and read to all the details of our ending,
To write it down for all the world to see.
But I forgot my pen."

So it's our alien-abducted protagonist who's "writing it down for all the world to see", yet it's his followers who are in need of a pen? If that's Maynard's "one intended meaning" that we're all idiots for not getting, he sure did try to make it pretty fucking hard for us to decipher; kind of like God putting fossils here to test our faith. Are we all making copies of these revelations by hand? Presumably all of these followers aren't also tripping out of their minds (or however else the song might be interpreted), so couldn't they just remember it and write it down later? Why would the man whose lyrics are scrutinized and obsessed over probably more than anyone else's in the world devote an 11 minute song to how he's not taken seriously enough? Why would he be such an arrogant prick to compare himself in complete seriousness to a messianic prophet, especially with all the "think for yourself, question authority" themes in much of their earlier music? And most of all, why the fuck would he change who's speaking for a single line during the song's climax without giving any real lyrical or musical indication of that intention, when the entire rest of the song is the same protagonist speaking?

I agree that Tool songs generally do have one specific intended meaning. Rosetta Stoned seems more abstract than most, in that on the surface it's simply a story about aliens and drugs. I've read several interesting interpretations, but at this point one of the few things I can say with certainty about this song is that ThreeDeviations' interpretation is completely wrong.

Oh and I also think that Maynard probably doesn't sit around thinking about how the world would be an Eden-like paradise if only people would take him more seriously.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:16 AM   #243
Level 4 - Thinker

Re: Maynard's patience wearing thin

Quote:
Song is about how Maynard perceives everyone... fans and society in general.. and he's losing patience.

Uses the alien abduction thing.. as a clever way of saying he's the "chosen one" to deliver messages to people...

He's saying... nothing changes in people regardless of what I say.. and it never will. It's a burden trying to help people see or understand... yet I still do it... and nothing ever changes. "Born to bear"... he feels some obligation...

"Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.
Such a heavy burden now to be the One
Born to bear and read to all the details of our ending,
To write it down for all the world to see." That's Maynard speaking to you. The real point to the song.

"But I forgot my pen" Maynard saying that's our pathetic reply/mentality to what he's offered.. (nothing soaks in with people... rolls off their back)

"Shit the bed again." = we continue to not get it... over and over- regardless how many times he says it.

then Maynard says "Typical...." rather sarcastically.

and we don't know... and won't know...
he's conceding to self that he'll never make a siginificant impact because people just don't get it.
Given all the "one meaning" talk coming from ThreeDeviations in this thread, I feel a need to let you know that you're 100% wrong.

"Born to bear and read to all the details of our ending,
To write it down for all the world to see.
But I forgot my pen."

So it's our alien-abducted protagonist who's "writing it down for all the world to see", yet it's his followers who are in need of a pen? If that's Maynard's "one intended meaning" that we're all idiots for not getting, he sure did try to make it pretty fucking hard for us to decipher; kind of like God putting fossils here to test our faith. Are we all making copies of these revelations by hand? Presumably all of these followers aren't also tripping out of their minds (or however else the song might be interpreted), so couldn't they just remember it and write it down later? Why would the man whose lyrics are scrutinized and obsessed over probably more than anyone else's in the world devote an 11 minute song to how he's not taken seriously enough? Why would he be such an arrogant prick to compare himself in complete seriousness to a messianic prophet, especially with all the "think for yourself, question authority" themes in much of their earlier music? And most of all, why the fuck would he change who's speaking for a single line during the song's climax without giving any real lyrical or musical indication of that intention, when the entire rest of the song is the same protagonist speaking?

I agree that Tool songs generally do have one specific intended meaning. Rosetta Stoned seems more abstract than most, in that on the surface it's simply a story about aliens and drugs. I've read several interesting interpretations, but at this point one of the few things I can say with certainty about this song is that ThreeDeviations' interpretation is completely wrong.

Oh and I also think that Maynard probably doesn't sit around thinking about how the world would be an Eden-like paradise if only people would take him more seriously.
Lackymacky's Avatar Lackymacky
07-19-2006, 11:39 AM

DISCLAIMER:i havent read this entire thread, i will after work, so if i repeat something or include something that was already resolved, dont worry about it, ill edit afterwards.

pilgrim, thats fine if you want to interperet the tool songs, obviously theres nothing wrong with that, but there is pretty much one general ocncept behind each song. theyre not as complex as everyone makes them out to be.

for example: schism about divison
the pot about being hypocritical
parabola about appreciating life
the grudge about letting go of a grudge

i think everyone can agree that those are the main concepts and ideas behind each of those songs. its when people get specific and begin combining things together that things become blurred. i read a post about the pot being hypocritical about a certain court case and one being about the use of drugs. so yeah there are a billion interpretations about what the songs are about but there is pretty much only one general idea behind each song. does that make sense?

thats how i see it anyways
Old 07-19-2006, 11:39 AM   #244
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 110

DISCLAIMER:i havent read this entire thread, i will after work, so if i repeat something or include something that was already resolved, dont worry about it, ill edit afterwards.

pilgrim, thats fine if you want to interperet the tool songs, obviously theres nothing wrong with that, but there is pretty much one general ocncept behind each song. theyre not as complex as everyone makes them out to be.

i think everyone can agree that those are the main concepts and ideas behind each of those songs. its when people get specific and begin combining things together that things become blurred. i read a post about the pot being hypocritical about a certain court case and one being about the use of drugs. so yeah there are a billion interpretations about what the songs are about but there is pretty much only one general idea behind each song. does that make sense?

07-19-2006, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackymacky

Yeah, well said...

with, Rosetta Stoned being about FRUSTRATION....

and ASD, it's completely right.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:08 PM   #245
On Probation

Quote:

Yeah, well said...

and ASD, it's completely right.
BlanketEffect's Avatar BlanketEffect
07-19-2006, 09:19 PM

Don't argue with him. Three Deviations has a MA in Maynard Interpretism. If anyone in this entire forum is equipped to give us the 100%-straight-out-of-Maynard's-brain-meaning-and-explanation it is definitely Three Deviations.

All of you other jackasses with your own opinions are just wasting your time. Just read Three Deviation's summary and turn your computer off.

Self-affirming? Oxymoronic. We are all one mind
Old 07-19-2006, 09:19 PM   #246
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 16

Don't argue with him. Three Deviations has a MA in Maynard Interpretism. If anyone in this entire forum is equipped to give us the 100%-straight-out-of-Maynard's-brain-meaning-and-explanation it is definitely Three Deviations.

All of you other jackasses with your own opinions are just wasting your time. Just read Three Deviation's summary and turn your computer off.

07-19-2006, 09:19 PM

Quote:
DISCLAIMER:i

Interpretations of what the obvious themes mean to me really, like anyone. ie I hear Schism I think about a failed relationship of mine. Dig? But I don't sit around trying to cop the exact events that occured in the writer's life that spurred the creation of this song.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:19 PM   #247
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
DISCLAIMER:i

Interpretations of what the obvious themes mean to me really, like anyone. ie I hear Schism I think about a failed relationship of mine. Dig? But I don't sit around trying to cop the exact events that occured in the writer's life that spurred the creation of this song.
Aunt Acid's Avatar Aunt Acid
07-19-2006, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Yeah, well said...

Or, ya know... being about a guy who trips on acid, is revealed a message to deliver to the human race by aliens he sees, thinks it's real, forgets the message and is now in a hospital because of complications related to his trip. It's about frustration too, but not only about that.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:24 PM   #248
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Yeah, well said...

Or, ya know... being about a guy who trips on acid, is revealed a message to deliver to the human race by aliens he sees, thinks it's real, forgets the message and is now in a hospital because of complications related to his trip. It's about frustration too, but not only about that.
07-19-2006, 09:33 PM

Three Deviations, don't worry, I got your back.

Aunt Acid: It's about one thing. I know you're a druggie and so your mind is not as great as our resident prophet of Maynard so try not to squirm too much. One meaning.

Did I do it right, 3D?

Old 07-19-2006, 09:33 PM   #249
Level 8 - Vociferous

Three Deviations, don't worry, I got your back.

Aunt Acid: It's about one thing. I know you're a druggie and so your mind is not as great as our resident prophet of Maynard so try not to squirm too much. One meaning.

Did I do it right, 3D?

ThreeDeviations's Avatar ThreeDeviations
07-19-2006, 10:38 PM

Yeah, not bad... through all of that thick sarcasm.. what you say is pretty accurate.

Not all drug users are idiots... but most.

Not saying all people are totally clueless on here.. not saying all other opinions other than mine are just wrong or worthless...

there are some people with some neat interpretations... some actual legitimate possibilities. but if you're going to come on here and talk about how a song's meaning is about anal sex... or it's solely about some drug trip... or if ya don't trip, ya can't really appreciate the music... or, "wow, I see Tool in a whole different light now that I listened to Aenima on shrooms dude!"

You're damn right I am going to have a fuck off attitude.

and

If you mosh at a Tool show... I am going to think you're an idiot. That's just how it is.

Some people really have better ideas than others... some opinions are actually right.
sure, ya can get anal or PC and say.. "oh, it's all in the eye of the beholder" and blah blah.. and that's true to a degree.. you can personalize the song and tweak it to fit your own reality as long as you don't deviate far from the actual original meaning/intent of the song.

as far as what you said, "if anyone is equipped to give us the straight out of maynard's brain meaning and explanation it's definitely Three Deviations." I won't shy away from that either. Do it. Read em all. Then tell me what I said isn't credible. You'll actually be a lot more apt to consider what I say this song is saying to you..
Is everything exact in my threads or posts? No. But as far as the core meaning(s) of these songs... you're going to be very hard pressed to find someone who sheds light on the meaning/intent/general idea as well as I do. That's just how it is.. like it or not.

so blanket, you can get all cranky and make sarcastic posts if you'd like..
you can sit back and say how everything is nothing.. and nothing is everything.. and trip on your daily K. It's cool.

I am not getting caught up in all the peripheral bullshit anymore on here...

because most people don't get it and they never will --- regardless.

which just happens to be Rosetta Stoned's core meaning too...

Hi!
Old 07-19-2006, 10:38 PM   #250
On Probation

Yeah, not bad... through all of that thick sarcasm.. what you say is pretty accurate.

Not saying all people are totally clueless on here.. not saying all other opinions other than mine are just wrong or worthless...

there are some people with some neat interpretations... some actual legitimate possibilities. but if you're going to come on here and talk about how a song's meaning is about anal sex... or it's solely about some drug trip... or if ya don't trip, ya can't really appreciate the music... or, "wow, I see Tool in a whole different light now that I listened to Aenima on shrooms dude!"

and

If you mosh at a Tool show... I am going to think you're an idiot. That's just how it is.

Some people really have better ideas than others... some opinions are actually right.
sure, ya can get anal or PC and say.. "oh, it's all in the eye of the beholder" and blah blah.. and that's true to a degree.. you can personalize the song and tweak it to fit your own reality as long as you don't deviate far from the actual original meaning/intent of the song.

as far as what you said, "if anyone is equipped to give us the straight out of maynard's brain meaning and explanation it's definitely Three Deviations." I won't shy away from that either. Do it. Read em all. Then tell me what I said isn't credible. You'll actually be a lot more apt to consider what I say this song is saying to you..
Is everything exact in my threads or posts? No. But as far as the core meaning(s) of these songs... you're going to be very hard pressed to find someone who sheds light on the meaning/intent/general idea as well as I do. That's just how it is.. like it or not.

you can sit back and say how everything is nothing.. and nothing is everything.. and trip on your daily K. It's cool.

Hi!
asdf25
07-20-2006, 05:44 AM

Quote:

and

I've gotta assume listening to Tool on mushrooms would be very enjoyable and quite possibly make you think about the songs in a different way (as that's just what mushrooms tend to do), though I have a hard time seeing how anyone could make a worthwhile post about that... at best it could lead to new lines of thought that could be refined later while sober. I've only done mushrooms once, but I definitely felt that they have less of a raving-hysterical-idiot effect than pot, and perhaps would be substantially more likely to lead to ideas that aren't complete nonsense that can't even be expressed in grammatical sentences.

And on the topic of drug users being idiots, I read a post earlier on The Patient forum where someone was saying "yeah i heard this song's totally about how the band was having some legal troubles and Maynard was like telling them all to 'be patient' about it". He didn't specifically mention being a drug user, and if he were not, I think the magnitude of that idiocy would undermine your theory. In any event there's no shortage of idiots who don't use drugs either. Moshing at a Tool show on the other hand... yeah, there you're an idiot, or at the very least should go to a different concert.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:44 AM   #251
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

and

I've gotta assume listening to Tool on mushrooms would be very enjoyable and quite possibly make you think about the songs in a different way (as that's just what mushrooms tend to do), though I have a hard time seeing how anyone could make a worthwhile post about that... at best it could lead to new lines of thought that could be refined later while sober. I've only done mushrooms once, but I definitely felt that they have less of a raving-hysterical-idiot effect than pot, and perhaps would be substantially more likely to lead to ideas that aren't complete nonsense that can't even be expressed in grammatical sentences.

And on the topic of drug users being idiots, I read a post earlier on The Patient forum where someone was saying "yeah i heard this song's totally about how the band was having some legal troubles and Maynard was like telling them all to 'be patient' about it". He didn't specifically mention being a drug user, and if he were not, I think the magnitude of that idiocy would undermine your theory. In any event there's no shortage of idiots who don't use drugs either. Moshing at a Tool show on the other hand... yeah, there you're an idiot, or at the very least should go to a different concert.
somniferous's Avatar somniferous
07-20-2006, 11:50 AM

threedeviations.....man look at your posts and tell me you dont look like a dick, i know you dont care and thats cool, but dude you should express your OPINIONS in a way where people can interact and gain perspective from the OPINION. I think you should google up some Tool interviews and watch how cool and free flowing these guys are. Your opinion dont mean shit to me but i will certainly read it, analyze it, and pick out what i can from it without telling you its wrong....how can you be so sure your INTERPRETATIONS are so damn accurate? There INTERPRETATIONS....jesus, come on now....Like someone else said on here earlier, its what you get from it, not about being right....I will agree with you on one thing though....I'm sure Maynard has emotions and specific ideas for which these songs are based on, but to only sit and study the words trying to gain his exact perspective is almost a waste....analyze all of it together....the lyrics are only 1/4 of whats happening during a song....see this is my OPINION, i think if you have an opinion and back it a little, than this forum shit is fun, guys like you make me not want to write anything....
Old 07-20-2006, 11:50 AM   #252
Level 4 - Thinker

threedeviations.....man look at your posts and tell me you dont look like a dick, i know you dont care and thats cool, but dude you should express your OPINIONS in a way where people can interact and gain perspective from the OPINION. I think you should google up some Tool interviews and watch how cool and free flowing these guys are. Your opinion dont mean shit to me but i will certainly read it, analyze it, and pick out what i can from it without telling you its wrong....how can you be so sure your INTERPRETATIONS are so damn accurate? There INTERPRETATIONS....jesus, come on now....Like someone else said on here earlier, its what you get from it, not about being right....I will agree with you on one thing though....I'm sure Maynard has emotions and specific ideas for which these songs are based on, but to only sit and study the words trying to gain his exact perspective is almost a waste....analyze all of it together....the lyrics are only 1/4 of whats happening during a song....see this is my OPINION, i think if you have an opinion and back it a little, than this forum shit is fun, guys like you make me not want to write anything....
07-20-2006, 12:05 PM

Keep writing somniferous.
Confrontations force us to make decisions...I've got YOUR back...3D just needs to lighten up...
Old 07-20-2006, 12:05 PM   #253
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8

Keep writing somniferous.
Confrontations force us to make decisions...I've got YOUR back...3D just needs to lighten up...
07-20-2006, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf25

And on the topic of drug users being idiots, I read a post earlier on The Patient forum where someone was saying "yeah i heard this song's totally about how the band was having some legal troubles and Maynard was like telling them all to 'be patient' about it". He didn't specifically mention being a drug user, and if he were not, I think the magnitude of that idiocy would undermine your theory.

You're talking about my theory? I don't get it. Explain.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:32 PM   #254
On Probation

Quote:

And on the topic of drug users being idiots, I read a post earlier on The Patient forum where someone was saying "yeah i heard this song's totally about how the band was having some legal troubles and Maynard was like telling them all to 'be patient' about it". He didn't specifically mention being a drug user, and if he were not, I think the magnitude of that idiocy would undermine your theory.

You're talking about my theory? I don't get it. Explain.
07-20-2006, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somniferous
I'm not on here to make friends.
I don't care if you or anyone else interacts or replied to the post. If you get offended or deny it, oh well. I'm only trying to help you realize what the fuck is going on.

the only thing you said that's pretty accurate is that the lyrics are only about 25% of what's happening during a song... or "weight." But that weight is what influences everything else... so to disregard the weight is to really be out of touch with everything else. You have to understand, or have a foundation, before you can build upon or appreciate the whole creation.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:39 PM   #255
On Probation

Quote:
I'm not on here to make friends.
I don't care if you or anyone else interacts or replied to the post. If you get offended or deny it, oh well. I'm only trying to help you realize what the fuck is going on.

the only thing you said that's pretty accurate is that the lyrics are only about 25% of what's happening during a song... or "weight." But that weight is what influences everything else... so to disregard the weight is to really be out of touch with everything else. You have to understand, or have a foundation, before you can build upon or appreciate the whole creation.
07-20-2006, 12:50 PM

alright, i like your hunger for tool...but i heard maynard himself say that his creativity is reactive, he does contribute to riff making and song structure, but the music usually comes first, and his lyrics are sparked from there.....im not saying this is how they do all their songs, but the weight is interactive...in my personal opinion, they all carry the same weight...i can though, however, see how people associate maynard with the main weight puller....you got to admit, the music is just as powerful as the lyrics
Old 07-20-2006, 12:50 PM   #256
Level 4 - Thinker

alright, i like your hunger for tool...but i heard maynard himself say that his creativity is reactive, he does contribute to riff making and song structure, but the music usually comes first, and his lyrics are sparked from there.....im not saying this is how they do all their songs, but the weight is interactive...in my personal opinion, they all carry the same weight...i can though, however, see how people associate maynard with the main weight puller....you got to admit, the music is just as powerful as the lyrics
07-20-2006, 12:55 PM

regardless, let your insights flow so i can see if i can gain something from them (said with respect)
Old 07-20-2006, 12:55 PM   #257
Level 4 - Thinker

regardless, let your insights flow so i can see if i can gain something from them (said with respect)
07-20-2006, 01:13 PM

Quote:

I certainly agree the music is as powerful as the lyrics... they both feed off one another so perfectly. That's what makes this band so special- that the music itself, is as profound as the message and how it's sung. But neither would be nearly as amazing without the other.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:13 PM   #258
On Probation

Quote:

I certainly agree the music is as powerful as the lyrics... they both feed off one another so perfectly. That's what makes this band so special- that the music itself, is as profound as the message and how it's sung. But neither would be nearly as amazing without the other.
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
07-20-2006, 03:29 PM

Gotta love the people that claim to know all. No offense Deviation but, there's a difference between people who say "This is what it means to me" and the dipshits who say "This is the way it is"
Old 07-20-2006, 03:29 PM   #259
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Gotta love the people that claim to know all. No offense Deviation but, there's a difference between people who say "This is what it means to me" and the dipshits who say "This is the way it is"
07-20-2006, 05:25 PM

Quote:

and

Hi!

all drug users are idiots? ok you ignorant dipshit. hate to break it to ya... i use drugs. A LOT of drugs. get amazing grades at school and am working toward a degree in molecular biology.... so um go fuck yourself you moron. dont ever prejudge a group of people
Old 07-20-2006, 05:25 PM   #260
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 7

Quote:

and

Hi!

all drug users are idiots? ok you ignorant dipshit. hate to break it to ya... i use drugs. A LOT of drugs. get amazing grades at school and am working toward a degree in molecular biology.... so um go fuck yourself you moron. dont ever prejudge a group of people
toocooltool's Avatar toocooltool
07-20-2006, 05:28 PM

interesting.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:28 PM   #261
Banned.

Bincount™: 4396

interesting.
07-20-2006, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emericana
I believe in this post I said "most" who use drugs are idiots, you imbecile. Since you can't comprehend, you ARE one of those idiots. Having a degree doesn't make you anything, let alone intelligent.

Go shoot up, smartie pants.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:01 PM   #262
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emericana
I believe in this post I said "most" who use drugs are idiots, you imbecile. Since you can't comprehend, you ARE one of those idiots. Having a degree doesn't make you anything, let alone intelligent.

Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
07-20-2006, 07:06 PM

Quote:

Even that statement lacks all foundation. I would strongly argue that many people whom use drugs are still very smart people. There may be a small percentage of people who over do it and some that are just not bright to begin with. I think that you make yourself out to be the totally ignorant one just by all the ridiculous and unreasonable comments you've already made. You would have to agree that majority vote of this thread thinks you to be an utter moron. There's a clear reason for that...you just don't see it. Kind of like those fat ugly kids that can't sing on American Idol but they think they're the next Ricky Martin or whoever.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:06 PM   #263
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

Even that statement lacks all foundation. I would strongly argue that many people whom use drugs are still very smart people. There may be a small percentage of people who over do it and some that are just not bright to begin with. I think that you make yourself out to be the totally ignorant one just by all the ridiculous and unreasonable comments you've already made. You would have to agree that majority vote of this thread thinks you to be an utter moron. There's a clear reason for that...you just don't see it. Kind of like those fat ugly kids that can't sing on American Idol but they think they're the next Ricky Martin or whoever.
07-20-2006, 07:14 PM

That statement doesn't lack anything.

Go ahead and strongly argue.

Small percentage? ha

Nothing I've said is unreasonable.

No, the majority of the people probably think I'm a cunt. There's a difference, son.

The majority of people don't see it because the majority of people don't get it.

Funny how all people like you can't stand what I write, yet you keep coming back to read my insightful posts and tug to my avatar.

You'll be back soon..

*starting watch*

GO!
Old 07-20-2006, 07:14 PM   #264
On Probation

Small percentage? ha

No, the majority of the people probably think I'm a cunt. There's a difference, son.

The majority of people don't see it because the majority of people don't get it.

Funny how all people like you can't stand what I write, yet you keep coming back to read my insightful posts and tug to my avatar.

You'll be back soon..

*starting watch*

GO!
EGG-MAN's Avatar EGG-MAN
07-20-2006, 07:15 PM

"I AM A GOLDEN GOD!"

"I DIG MUSIC......I'M ON DRUGS!"
Old 07-20-2006, 07:15 PM   #265
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

"I AM A GOLDEN GOD!"

"I DIG MUSIC......I'M ON DRUGS!"
07-20-2006, 07:20 PM

Quote:

Small percentage? ha

You'll be back soon..

*starting watch*

GO!
While what you post may get under some people's skin, I just think it's flat out ignorance. All this fucking yo son, that's what I'm saying son....fucking pathetic Marlon Wayans gun toting hip gangsta wanna-be bullshit.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:20 PM   #266
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

Small percentage? ha

You'll be back soon..

*starting watch*

GO!
While what you post may get under some people's skin, I just think it's flat out ignorance. All this fucking yo son, that's what I'm saying son....fucking pathetic Marlon Wayans gun toting hip gangsta wanna-be bullshit.
07-20-2006, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy

ha, now calling someone "son" is a black thing?

I'm a gansta wannabe?

you're hapless

It took you approximately 6 minutes to reply..

about what I figured..

I own you.

That's the way it is.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:27 PM   #267
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy

ha, now calling someone "son" is a black thing?

I'm a gansta wannabe?

you're hapless

It took you approximately 6 minutes to reply..

about what I figured..

I own you.

That's the way it is.
07-20-2006, 09:54 PM

Well-kudos-to-you...-you-can-yank-peoples-chains-and-cause-dissent-and-argument...---Im-sure-thats-what-Maynard-is-really-trying-to-promote.

The-point-many-were-trying-to-make---at-least-what-I-personally-was...-is-that-you-may-be-very-Maynard-savvy-but-in-the-end-your-guess-at-his-original-meaning-is-just-that---an-educated-guess.--So-unless-you-are-sucking-him-off-for-the-answers-Id-say-your-opinion-is-as-valid-as-any-other-literarily-inclined-poster-in-this-forum.-You-may-be-close----you-may-be-right---but-theres-no-more-proof-that-youre-right-than-any-other-well-thought-out-theory.

Just-because-some-people-come-up-with-ideas-and-yours-are-more-plausible-than-theirs-doesnt-mean-youre-right...it-just-means-youre-smarter-than-the-average-junkie-on-a-message-board....---now-thats-something-to-strive-for.

So-while-your-summations-are-good,-theyre-not-golden...-not-by-a-long-shot---just-like-your-assumption-that-because-I-had-a-deep-experience-with-Lateralus-while-on-DMT-I-am-therefore-a-junkie-or-habitual-drug-user...so-yet-another-example-of-an-educated-assumption-that-still-turns-out-to-be-wrong.

(My-apologies---my-space-bar-and-apostrophe-are-out-on-my-keyboard)

Old 07-20-2006, 09:54 PM   #268
Level 8 - Vociferous

Well-kudos-to-you...-you-can-yank-peoples-chains-and-cause-dissent-and-argument...---Im-sure-thats-what-Maynard-is-really-trying-to-promote.

The-point-many-were-trying-to-make---at-least-what-I-personally-was...-is-that-you-may-be-very-Maynard-savvy-but-in-the-end-your-guess-at-his-original-meaning-is-just-that---an-educated-guess.--So-unless-you-are-sucking-him-off-for-the-answers-Id-say-your-opinion-is-as-valid-as-any-other-literarily-inclined-poster-in-this-forum.-You-may-be-close----you-may-be-right---but-theres-no-more-proof-that-youre-right-than-any-other-well-thought-out-theory.

Just-because-some-people-come-up-with-ideas-and-yours-are-more-plausible-than-theirs-doesnt-mean-youre-right...it-just-means-youre-smarter-than-the-average-junkie-on-a-message-board....---now-thats-something-to-strive-for.

So-while-your-summations-are-good,-theyre-not-golden...-not-by-a-long-shot---just-like-your-assumption-that-because-I-had-a-deep-experience-with-Lateralus-while-on-DMT-I-am-therefore-a-junkie-or-habitual-drug-user...so-yet-another-example-of-an-educated-assumption-that-still-turns-out-to-be-wrong.

(My-apologies---my-space-bar-and-apostrophe-are-out-on-my-keyboard)

07-20-2006, 10:12 PM

jesus people....come on now......back to the topics, i want to see some insight..
Old 07-20-2006, 10:12 PM   #269
Level 4 - Thinker

jesus people....come on now......back to the topics, i want to see some insight..
07-21-2006, 05:30 AM

You didn't have a deep experience, you had a drug experience. It's absolutely hilarious and sickening at the same time to read that you need a "medium" of being fuckin wasted on drugs before you can get some grasp and depth on a Tool song.

I accept your apologies.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:30 AM   #270
On Probation

You didn't have a deep experience, you had a drug experience. It's absolutely hilarious and sickening at the same time to read that you need a "medium" of being fuckin wasted on drugs before you can get some grasp and depth on a Tool song.

I accept your apologies.
slowmo
07-21-2006, 09:08 AM

Quote:

To me you seem to be very judgmental at times. Why are people that mosh idiots? Just because someone enjoys a show differently than you, doesn't mean they aren't entitled to it. Why does everything need to be how YOU want it? Were you spoiled as a child? The world is a very diverse place man. Take this analogy for thought:

Having an EXTREME pre-disposition for hot sauce, I was edgy going into the mexican restaraunt. I KNEW there would be stupid people there eating hot sauce; why don't they just stop eating the nasty stuff! After getting my food and sitting down, I was so utterly disgusted with all the hot sauce eaters, I yelled "YOU GUYS ARE ALL IDIOTS!!!", threw my food away, and left.

People are entitled to their own opinion, no arguement in that; however people are not entitled to force their opinion on others. I know it is a funny story, but whats wrong with a laugh? Hopefully you get the point. Maybe you could enjoy a Tool show more if you realized you were not the one in control of the experience. You are in control of how you perceive a show, but not what happens there.

Stereo-typing and discrimination is so wrong in my book. I accept everyone as a human being, regardless of sexual orientation, dance moves, color, race, or religion.

I have smoked marijuana with quite a few intelligent people; including an attorney who makes over 400k a year. Not ASSUMING all lawyers are 'intelligent' to your omnipotent standards; but at least capable of some rational thought process. Don't get me wrong, I believe there are a lot of idiot drug users out there. Judging most drug users to be idiots is a assanine pre-disposition. Let some one at least make an impression on you before stereotyping them. Besides, Maynard has admitted to drug use; do you think he is a moron?

If you believe most drug users are idiots, with an exception for Maynard, I really believe you're the idiot.

Last edited by slowmo; 07-21-2006 at 09:20 AM..
Old 07-21-2006, 09:08 AM   #271
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

To me you seem to be very judgmental at times. Why are people that mosh idiots? Just because someone enjoys a show differently than you, doesn't mean they aren't entitled to it. Why does everything need to be how YOU want it? Were you spoiled as a child? The world is a very diverse place man. Take this analogy for thought:

Having an EXTREME pre-disposition for hot sauce, I was edgy going into the mexican restaraunt. I KNEW there would be stupid people there eating hot sauce; why don't they just stop eating the nasty stuff! After getting my food and sitting down, I was so utterly disgusted with all the hot sauce eaters, I yelled "YOU GUYS ARE ALL IDIOTS!!!", threw my food away, and left.

People are entitled to their own opinion, no arguement in that; however people are not entitled to force their opinion on others. I know it is a funny story, but whats wrong with a laugh? Hopefully you get the point. Maybe you could enjoy a Tool show more if you realized you were not the one in control of the experience. You are in control of how you perceive a show, but not what happens there.

Stereo-typing and discrimination is so wrong in my book. I accept everyone as a human being, regardless of sexual orientation, dance moves, color, race, or religion.

I have smoked marijuana with quite a few intelligent people; including an attorney who makes over 400k a year. Not ASSUMING all lawyers are 'intelligent' to your omnipotent standards; but at least capable of some rational thought process. Don't get me wrong, I believe there are a lot of idiot drug users out there. Judging most drug users to be idiots is a assanine pre-disposition. Let some one at least make an impression on you before stereotyping them. Besides, Maynard has admitted to drug use; do you think he is a moron?

If you believe most drug users are idiots, with an exception for Maynard, I really believe you're the idiot.

Last edited by slowmo; 07-21-2006 at 09:20 AM..
07-21-2006, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmo

People that mosh at a Tool show ARE idiots. I don't care if that's offensive to you or anyone else... it's how it is. Maybe they have a good job, maybe they're even intelligent in aspects of their life... but to think moshing is a natural expression at a Tool show is ignorant.

Assuming most drug users are idiots.. is not assanine at all. Then again, my definition of idiocy is probably broader than yours. When I say drug users, I'm not talking about the guy who smokes pot twice a month or gets liquored up going out with friends a few times a year. I'm talking about people who are addicted, and then make up some pretense like, "ohh, it allows me have a deep experiences with Lateralus" to justify their pathetic need.

Is Maynard a moron? I don't know the extent of his use with drugs.
I highly doubt he abuses. So no, I doubt it.

I do stereotype people. (along with you and everyone else) [maybe you do it to a lesser degree and not as often] Does that mean I am sometimes wrong about a person or a group of people? Yeah. Does it make me feel a little rotten inside? Sometimes.
Most the time my stereotype is accurate. Just like most the time, a drug user is going to be an idiot.

Stereotypes aren't stereotypes when they're not stereotypes. They're called realities and majorities.

So yeah, tell me how wrong I am, prejudice, racial, egocentric... whatever else you want to say... get all PC and organic and say "let's all hold hands in a circle and sing Kum Ba Yah" on me if you'd like, too.

By the way, I don't automatically dislike people who love sour cream even though I hate it.

I'm sure you stop in the ghetto on your way home from work to pick up the milk for your child's Wheaties the following morning.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:30 AM   #272
On Probation

Quote:

People that mosh at a Tool show ARE idiots. I don't care if that's offensive to you or anyone else... it's how it is. Maybe they have a good job, maybe they're even intelligent in aspects of their life... but to think moshing is a natural expression at a Tool show is ignorant.

Assuming most drug users are idiots.. is not assanine at all. Then again, my definition of idiocy is probably broader than yours. When I say drug users, I'm not talking about the guy who smokes pot twice a month or gets liquored up going out with friends a few times a year. I'm talking about people who are addicted, and then make up some pretense like, "ohh, it allows me have a deep experiences with Lateralus" to justify their pathetic need.

Is Maynard a moron? I don't know the extent of his use with drugs.
I highly doubt he abuses. So no, I doubt it.

I do stereotype people. (along with you and everyone else) [maybe you do it to a lesser degree and not as often] Does that mean I am sometimes wrong about a person or a group of people? Yeah. Does it make me feel a little rotten inside? Sometimes.
Most the time my stereotype is accurate. Just like most the time, a drug user is going to be an idiot.

Stereotypes aren't stereotypes when they're not stereotypes. They're called realities and majorities.

So yeah, tell me how wrong I am, prejudice, racial, egocentric... whatever else you want to say... get all PC and organic and say "let's all hold hands in a circle and sing Kum Ba Yah" on me if you'd like, too.

By the way, I don't automatically dislike people who love sour cream even though I hate it.

I'm sure you stop in the ghetto on your way home from work to pick up the milk for your child's Wheaties the following morning.
RidetheRedshift
07-21-2006, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivotal digit
I think both are right. All is right , and who cares what Maynard means ? It's about what "You" think

*claps*

the end
Old 07-21-2006, 10:36 AM   #273
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivotal digit
I think both are right. All is right , and who cares what Maynard means ? It's about what "You" think

*claps*

the end
slowmo
07-21-2006, 11:27 AM

Quote:

Listen to yourself man.

Realities and majorities? Now you are GENERALIZING, which is not all too much different from stereotyping.

Controlling, stereotyping, judging, generalizing, and ostentatiousness; are these the constituents of a cliche you have become? As a human you are entitled to these things, but are they really what Tool is all about? Tool has an individual meaning to everyone; if this is what you pride yourself in learning from them, I pity you. This cocky arrogance that many Tool fans possess is exactly why Maynard says his fans are way far off.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:27 AM   #274
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

Listen to yourself man.

Realities and majorities? Now you are GENERALIZING, which is not all too much different from stereotyping.

Controlling, stereotyping, judging, generalizing, and ostentatiousness; are these the constituents of a cliche you have become? As a human you are entitled to these things, but are they really what Tool is all about? Tool has an individual meaning to everyone; if this is what you pride yourself in learning from them, I pity you. This cocky arrogance that many Tool fans possess is exactly why Maynard says his fans are way far off.
toocooltool's Avatar toocooltool
07-21-2006, 11:34 AM

Hmmm
Old 07-21-2006, 11:34 AM   #275
Banned.

Bincount™: 4396

Hmmm
asdf25
07-21-2006, 11:47 AM

Quote:
When I say drug users, I'm not talking about the guy who smokes pot twice a month or gets liquored up going out with friends a few times a year. I'm talking about people who are addicted, and then make up some pretense like, "ohh, it allows me have a deep experiences with Lateralus" to justify their pathetic need.
To take "I had a deep experience with Lateralus on drugs" and get from that "I'm a pathetic drug-addicted moron" is exactly the kind of dumbass unwarranted stereotyping that's got everyone in this thread pissed off at you.

And the way you talk as if all drugs have more or less the same effect as doing 10 shots of vodka isn't helping either. I have a hard time seeing how you're the authority on whether any experience on any drug can be meaningful or worthwhile.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:47 AM   #276
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
When I say drug users, I'm not talking about the guy who smokes pot twice a month or gets liquored up going out with friends a few times a year. I'm talking about people who are addicted, and then make up some pretense like, "ohh, it allows me have a deep experiences with Lateralus" to justify their pathetic need.
To take "I had a deep experience with Lateralus on drugs" and get from that "I'm a pathetic drug-addicted moron" is exactly the kind of dumbass unwarranted stereotyping that's got everyone in this thread pissed off at you.

And the way you talk as if all drugs have more or less the same effect as doing 10 shots of vodka isn't helping either. I have a hard time seeing how you're the authority on whether any experience on any drug can be meaningful or worthwhile.
07-21-2006, 12:01 PM

Quote:

*Echo*

Old 07-21-2006, 12:01 PM   #277
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

*Echo*

07-21-2006, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Listen to yourself man.

Generalizing, stereotypes.. whatever you want to call it. What's your point? Do you have one?

I haven't become a cliche. It's people like yourself who have always been. Predictable and pathetic.

I'm entitled to things as a human being? Thanks SloMo.

Tool can have an individual meaning to everyone. I've already said that. If they want to be wrong and happy... then so be it. Try reading the entire thread.

and no, the cocky arrogance isn't why Maynard says his fans are way off.

He says they're way off, because they're way off, ya phuck. and you're standing in line.

Maybe you've haven't realized. Maynard is as cocky and as arrogant as anyone. It's from people like you who are WAY OFF.

Maynard is a caring man.. with a lot of passion about society and people.. but he's also very arrogant and becomes frustrated when he thinks about how ignorant people actually are.

So don't talk to me about arrogance, when your hero is as arrogant as anyone.

Crucify the ego..
feeding my narcissism..
Maybe I should play God... kick you, beat you, shoot you in your fucking head
Jesus Christ blind me with your light and your eyes. (his opinion that he backs up with such powerful words!! How dare he)
I've been far too sympathetic
What you want and what you need doesn't mean fuck to me
When you're a stupid, dumbass beligerant fucker.
Fuck all you junkies
Beneath my self-indulgent pitiful hole
Set as I am in my ways and my arrogance

and last, but not least...

Fuck you, buddy.

Last edited by ThreeDeviations; 07-21-2006 at 01:44 PM..
Old 07-21-2006, 01:41 PM   #278
On Probation

Quote:
Listen to yourself man.

Generalizing, stereotypes.. whatever you want to call it. What's your point? Do you have one?

I haven't become a cliche. It's people like yourself who have always been. Predictable and pathetic.

I'm entitled to things as a human being? Thanks SloMo.

Tool can have an individual meaning to everyone. I've already said that. If they want to be wrong and happy... then so be it. Try reading the entire thread.

and no, the cocky arrogance isn't why Maynard says his fans are way off.

He says they're way off, because they're way off, ya phuck. and you're standing in line.

Maybe you've haven't realized. Maynard is as cocky and as arrogant as anyone. It's from people like you who are WAY OFF.

Maynard is a caring man.. with a lot of passion about society and people.. but he's also very arrogant and becomes frustrated when he thinks about how ignorant people actually are.

So don't talk to me about arrogance, when your hero is as arrogant as anyone.

Crucify the ego..
feeding my narcissism..
Maybe I should play God... kick you, beat you, shoot you in your fucking head
Jesus Christ blind me with your light and your eyes. (his opinion that he backs up with such powerful words!! How dare he)
I've been far too sympathetic
What you want and what you need doesn't mean fuck to me
When you're a stupid, dumbass beligerant fucker.
Fuck all you junkies
Beneath my self-indulgent pitiful hole
Set as I am in my ways and my arrogance

and last, but not least...

Fuck you, buddy.

Last edited by ThreeDeviations; 07-21-2006 at 01:44 PM..
Caduceus11's Avatar Caduceus11
07-21-2006, 06:17 PM

I think 3d is a high strung, judgemental, douchebag. I also think you are all (myself included now) are only feeding the delusions. I think you are probably one of those kids I used to kick in the ass in the hallways at school, or slap the books out of your hands. I think that's probably why you are a teacher now....to finally be on the 'authority' side of the school system. You are a joke......so why don't you just shutup for a minute and let people have their say without being subject to you barrage of offensive chatter. Most of us have come here to share there thoughts and feelings about TOOL. Not about if drug users are idiots or not. And on that note, who the fuck are you to decide wether 'the guy that smokes pot TWICE a month' is an idiot or not>? Maybe he's the idiot for missing out on the other 28 or 29 (or 27) days he could have enjoyed himself, without all the fucking brainwash your governments have sold you--you are such a fool to buy into all their shit.
But you can go on about your merry way, throwing mud at all those whom disagree. That won't clean you. You are still the person you are whom you obviously are not completely satisfied with....silly monkey....go fuck yourself....
and on your "if they want to be wrong and be happy so be it" comment...once again, who the fuck do you think you are>? Who sent you>?! Maybe you should write this shit down: "It doesn't matter what's right...." ....you probably forgot your pen....
I know I'm right about alot of things about TOOL/APC/Maynard and all of this...but that doesn't mean someone else is wrong...who fucking cares what they think...not me, not Maynard, not TOOL....

lastly...this is all I have to say about 3d....
Old 07-21-2006, 06:17 PM   #279
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8

I think 3d is a high strung, judgemental, douchebag. I also think you are all (myself included now) are only feeding the delusions. I think you are probably one of those kids I used to kick in the ass in the hallways at school, or slap the books out of your hands. I think that's probably why you are a teacher now....to finally be on the 'authority' side of the school system. You are a joke......so why don't you just shutup for a minute and let people have their say without being subject to you barrage of offensive chatter. Most of us have come here to share there thoughts and feelings about TOOL. Not about if drug users are idiots or not. And on that note, who the fuck are you to decide wether 'the guy that smokes pot TWICE a month' is an idiot or not>? Maybe he's the idiot for missing out on the other 28 or 29 (or 27) days he could have enjoyed himself, without all the fucking brainwash your governments have sold you--you are such a fool to buy into all their shit.
But you can go on about your merry way, throwing mud at all those whom disagree. That won't clean you. You are still the person you are whom you obviously are not completely satisfied with....silly monkey....go fuck yourself....
and on your "if they want to be wrong and be happy so be it" comment...once again, who the fuck do you think you are>? Who sent you>?! Maybe you should write this shit down: "It doesn't matter what's right...." ....you probably forgot your pen....
I know I'm right about alot of things about TOOL/APC/Maynard and all of this...but that doesn't mean someone else is wrong...who fucking cares what they think...not me, not Maynard, not TOOL....

lastly...this is all I have to say about 3d....
07-22-2006, 09:42 AM

Quote:
There is 1 answer.

There is 1 real meaning.

Deal with it.

If you want to interpret the words to suit your own feelings.. go ahead. But don't try to dole that nonsense.

Maynard doesn't sit down and write a bunch of arbitrary words and phrases down with the hope that it will reduce teenage goth suicide.

He writes Specific words and Phrases down to stop white faced girls in boots from jumping from the 11th floor.

There's 1 meaning to the songs.

One
you have got to be fucking kidding me.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:42 AM   #280
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 37

Quote:
There is 1 answer.

There is 1 real meaning.

Deal with it.

If you want to interpret the words to suit your own feelings.. go ahead. But don't try to dole that nonsense.

Maynard doesn't sit down and write a bunch of arbitrary words and phrases down with the hope that it will reduce teenage goth suicide.

He writes Specific words and Phrases down to stop white faced girls in boots from jumping from the 11th floor.

There's 1 meaning to the songs.

One
you have got to be fucking kidding me.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply