Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » What's He Saying??
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
evilprimeval
05-24-2006, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitlessLiar
It could just be him throwing it in like he does in other places. He holds the r and the y sound could just be him rolling off of it.

I think we get the point that the line's trying to make. Why beat a dead horse?
I saw you beating it, figured I'd throw a kick in.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:47 PM   #521
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 7
Re: Lyrics

Quote:
It could just be him throwing it in like he does in other places. He holds the r and the y sound could just be him rolling off of it.

I think we get the point that the line's trying to make. Why beat a dead horse?
OFFLINE |  
emmsna's Avatar emmsna
05-24-2006, 08:04 PM

Girlie actually...not man.

Subordinant is just what I hear. It could fit in with the "higher " theme as a subordinant is a lower person (who are you to wave your finger at me, you're lower than me).

Reaver bit could have more substinance - a reaver is one who takes away ie steals.

In "Liar/Lawyer: Mirror show me what's the difference" the mirror shows the truth ie. that they are the same. A Liar pretending to be a lawyer with the mirror showing that they are the same

Just think of reaver as stealer.
In "Steal/Borrow: Reaver save your shady inference" ie the Reaver(stealer) is "shadily inferring" that he is borrowing rather than stealing so he is telling the Reaver (stealer) to "save it" and not to infer that they are borrowing rather than stealing. Thereby showing the truth.
Stealing when pretending to be borrowing - with the "shady inference" out of the way shows that it's actually stealing.

"Mirror show me" mirror shows its the same (shows the truth)
"Reaver save your inference" allows the truth to be clear not hidden behind something inferred (shows the truth)

Just a thought
Old 05-24-2006, 08:04 PM   #522
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

Subordinant is just what I hear. It could fit in with the "higher " theme as a subordinant is a lower person (who are you to wave your finger at me, you're lower than me).

Reaver bit could have more substinance - a reaver is one who takes away ie steals.

In "Liar/Lawyer: Mirror show me what's the difference" the mirror shows the truth ie. that they are the same. A Liar pretending to be a lawyer with the mirror showing that they are the same

In "Steal/Borrow: Reaver save your shady inference" ie the Reaver(stealer) is "shadily inferring" that he is borrowing rather than stealing so he is telling the Reaver (stealer) to "save it" and not to infer that they are borrowing rather than stealing. Thereby showing the truth.
Stealing when pretending to be borrowing - with the "shady inference" out of the way shows that it's actually stealing.

"Reaver save your inference" allows the truth to be clear not hidden behind something inferred (shows the truth)

Just a thought
OFFLINE |  
Terry21's Avatar Terry21
05-25-2006, 01:26 AM

www.distortiononline.com

http://meanether.blogspot.com/2006/05/tool-live-tracks-from-current-tour.html

These two live versions should make some parts a bit clearer, for the people who really wanna know the lyrics like me. :P
Old 05-25-2006, 01:26 AM   #523
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 60

www.distortiononline.com

http://meanether.blogspot.com/2006/05/tool-live-tracks-from-current-tour.html

These two live versions should make some parts a bit clearer, for the people who really wanna know the lyrics like me. :P
OFFLINE |  
WitlessLiar
05-25-2006, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilprimeval
Alright, I'll take the blame... let's just drop it.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:19 AM   #524

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
OFFLINE |  
evilprimeval
05-25-2006, 11:25 AM

Quote:
No reason to take blame. But yes, clear intention and great song. Cheers.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:25 AM   #525

Quote:
No reason to take blame. But yes, clear intention and great song. Cheers.
OFFLINE |  
nfinaT
05-25-2006, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmsna

Just a thought

I like it. Seems like there's too much consensus, too quickly, over some lines... This lyric has always bothered me, but I had accepted the whole reaper savior line because it does indeed sound like that could be what he's saying. The analogy lacks a balanced structure. I've seen many explain away on how much sense it made without success. But until some pair of words were to fit "steal, borrow" like "nudge, shove, " I was skeptical.

However, you have proposed an almost identical line, phonetically, but something much more meaningful and not 'taking on' this poorly comprised anology structure. I'll bet this is indeed what he says, and I must complement you on how well you've laid out your argument.

Still, I wouldn't hold my breath for some around here to be as convinced. No matter what, you'll always be 99.99% wrong. See I'm 100% certain monkey mentality prevents some for even considering that which others say should have value.

As for the live show, believe what you want. You may be able to argue what is said live is different, similar, or just plain cool. It's still not an indication that something is for sure, that is to say with the all-too-well-known "100% certainty)" sung in the studio. Maynard may just be pulling your collective chain for all I know. I think the studio vocals/lyrics may only ever be know through intelligent, collective efforts like the one being made here. I'm very skeptical of the lyrics published by some bands. And I'm 100% certain I would never have considered this had you not posted. Thanks.

by the way, *** I hear "your bones deep in muddy waters" once towards the end ***
... &&& "ganja ablaze" (or "god/'cuz you're blazed") !!! What the hell...? "Ganja Police" certainty?

Think about the whole song, what he's saying, generally!!! The only direct mary jane reference is directed towards the group/person being straightened out...and the fact there actions are so inexplicable, that they must have been blazed out of their minds.... Even more so than some posting on this forum!

Last edited by nfinaT; 05-25-2006 at 04:02 PM..
Old 05-25-2006, 03:45 PM   #526
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:

Just a thought

I like it. Seems like there's too much consensus, too quickly, over some lines... This lyric has always bothered me, but I had accepted the whole reaper savior line because it does indeed sound like that could be what he's saying. The analogy lacks a balanced structure. I've seen many explain away on how much sense it made without success. But until some pair of words were to fit "steal, borrow" like "nudge, shove, " I was skeptical.

However, you have proposed an almost identical line, phonetically, but something much more meaningful and not 'taking on' this poorly comprised anology structure. I'll bet this is indeed what he says, and I must complement you on how well you've laid out your argument.

Still, I wouldn't hold my breath for some around here to be as convinced. No matter what, you'll always be 99.99% wrong. See I'm 100% certain monkey mentality prevents some for even considering that which others say should have value.

As for the live show, believe what you want. You may be able to argue what is said live is different, similar, or just plain cool. It's still not an indication that something is for sure, that is to say with the all-too-well-known "100% certainty)" sung in the studio. Maynard may just be pulling your collective chain for all I know. I think the studio vocals/lyrics may only ever be know through intelligent, collective efforts like the one being made here. I'm very skeptical of the lyrics published by some bands. And I'm 100% certain I would never have considered this had you not posted. Thanks.

by the way, *** I hear "your bones deep in muddy waters" once towards the end ***
... &&& "ganja ablaze" (or "god/'cuz you're blazed") !!! What the hell...? "Ganja Police" certainty?

Think about the whole song, what he's saying, generally!!! The only direct mary jane reference is directed towards the group/person being straightened out...and the fact there actions are so inexplicable, that they must have been blazed out of their minds.... Even more so than some posting on this forum!

Last edited by nfinaT; 05-25-2006 at 04:02 PM..
OFFLINE |  
k~nug's Avatar k~nug
05-25-2006, 04:42 PM

I don't think its "ganja police!!!"...it's "got to please!!!" as in hoping you were out your mind. Also the opening lyric sounds like "You must have been out your hair" not head.

www.soundclick.com/bands/9/markmattermusic.htm

www.matter4u.com pics and music
Old 05-25-2006, 04:42 PM   #527

Bincount™: 4

I don't think its "ganja police!!!"...it's "got to please!!!" as in hoping you were out your mind. Also the opening lyric sounds like "You must have been out your hair" not head.

www.soundclick.com/bands/9/markmattermusic.htm

www.matter4u.com pics and music
OFFLINE |  
emmsna's Avatar emmsna
05-25-2006, 04:49 PM

Well that live version I could hear the "reaper save your" (and that fits just fine with me) but I have to say that I've seen Tool twice here in Australia (by some miracle!) and they never sounded as bad as that! (Live version of the pot on distortiononline.com).

Thanks nfinaT. Soooo glad there's other people around who aren't all "my opinion is the only right one". I'm not worried about convincing anyone else - just adding my thoughts to the collective lyric deciphering!

Until just then I haven't heard any versions but the studio recording of this album so I could only go on what I could make out. And we all know that not many singers pronouce every last sound in a word so any combination is possible.

Last edited by emmsna; 05-25-2006 at 04:57 PM..
Old 05-25-2006, 04:49 PM   #528
Level 3 - Talker

Well that live version I could hear the "reaper save your" (and that fits just fine with me) but I have to say that I've seen Tool twice here in Australia (by some miracle!) and they never sounded as bad as that! (Live version of the pot on distortiononline.com).

Thanks nfinaT. Soooo glad there's other people around who aren't all "my opinion is the only right one". I'm not worried about convincing anyone else - just adding my thoughts to the collective lyric deciphering!

Until just then I haven't heard any versions but the studio recording of this album so I could only go on what I could make out. And we all know that not many singers pronouce every last sound in a word so any combination is possible.

Last edited by emmsna; 05-25-2006 at 04:57 PM..
OFFLINE |  
emmsna's Avatar emmsna
05-25-2006, 04:53 PM

Oh, & I hear hair but until Maynard comes to me in a dream behind a burning bush & says unto me "Thou shalt not sing head" I will think of it as head with the d sound trailing off too lightly to hear :-)
Old 05-25-2006, 04:53 PM   #529
Level 3 - Talker

Oh, & I hear hair but until Maynard comes to me in a dream behind a burning bush & says unto me "Thou shalt not sing head" I will think of it as head with the d sound trailing off too lightly to hear :-)
OFFLINE |  
WitlessLiar
05-25-2006, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfinaT

Hypocrisy? I'm pretty sure you just jumped to a conclusion on that line. I think it would be better if you were to realize that human beings are judgemental. We make choices, then once they're thought through, we accept them. Until we can find something that we find as a better explanation, we keep it. As a whole we jump to conclusions... it's in our blood. But if you think you're above me then so be it.

Now then... I still think it's the analogy for two big reasons. One, I thought it through and it makes a hell of a lot of sense to me. Two, I can't for the life of me hear a v or an f sound in there. That's why I posted it back when the accepted line was "reefer save your..." Also, if it were reaver (which at first I thought could work until...), how would "shady inference" fit into it? That just doesn't fit.
Old 05-25-2006, 05:11 PM   #530

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfinaT

Hypocrisy? I'm pretty sure you just jumped to a conclusion on that line. I think it would be better if you were to realize that human beings are judgemental. We make choices, then once they're thought through, we accept them. Until we can find something that we find as a better explanation, we keep it. As a whole we jump to conclusions... it's in our blood. But if you think you're above me then so be it.

Now then... I still think it's the analogy for two big reasons. One, I thought it through and it makes a hell of a lot of sense to me. Two, I can't for the life of me hear a v or an f sound in there. That's why I posted it back when the accepted line was "reefer save your..." Also, if it were reaver (which at first I thought could work until...), how would "shady inference" fit into it? That just doesn't fit.
OFFLINE |  
emmsna's Avatar emmsna
05-25-2006, 06:06 PM

I already posted what "Reaver save your shady inference" meant to me and it fits just fine.

EXCEPT - Going on the live version I listened to I would change this to "Reaper save your shady inference" (just with him singing the p sound very very lightly in the studio).

I don't know if it's "Steal/borrow, reaper/saviour, shady inference" cause it's a very different structure to "Liar/lawyer, Mirror show me what's the difference". He only uses the 1 set "liar/lawyer" not two.
Also saviour kinda rolls around the mouth more than save your (but then that could just be the way Aussies say things). I'll have to listen to the live version again to make up my mind for sure.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:06 PM   #531
Level 3 - Talker

I already posted what "Reaver save your shady inference" meant to me and it fits just fine.

EXCEPT - Going on the live version I listened to I would change this to "Reaper save your shady inference" (just with him singing the p sound very very lightly in the studio).

I don't know if it's "Steal/borrow, reaper/saviour, shady inference" cause it's a very different structure to "Liar/lawyer, Mirror show me what's the difference". He only uses the 1 set "liar/lawyer" not two.
Also saviour kinda rolls around the mouth more than save your (but then that could just be the way Aussies say things). I'll have to listen to the live version again to make up my mind for sure.
OFFLINE |  
WitlessLiar
05-25-2006, 06:50 PM

Quote:

The way americans say it is almost the exact same as "save your" (some people pronounce it "save yoar" but most say "save yur" when pronouncing "save your"). That's why I say it's savior. I don't think the liar/lawyer has anything to do with it.

I guess this is more of a difference in dialects than anything that we are arguing.

Oh well I won't argue. You aren't an idiot and you actually think through your points so I'll leave you to your own. I've voiced mine and I'm done with it.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:50 PM   #532

Quote:

The way americans say it is almost the exact same as "save your" (some people pronounce it "save yoar" but most say "save yur" when pronouncing "save your"). That's why I say it's savior. I don't think the liar/lawyer has anything to do with it.

I guess this is more of a difference in dialects than anything that we are arguing.

Oh well I won't argue. You aren't an idiot and you actually think through your points so I'll leave you to your own. I've voiced mine and I'm done with it.
OFFLINE |  
emmsna's Avatar emmsna
05-25-2006, 06:58 PM

Fair enough :-)
Old 05-25-2006, 06:58 PM   #533
Level 3 - Talker

Fair enough :-)
OFFLINE |  
æmoeba•°·.'s Avatar æmoeba•°·.
05-26-2006, 09:44 PM

....is it..."eye balls deep in muddy waters"?....or " I 'boast' deep in muddy waters"?

Because it seems, if you put ' i boast ' in place of ' eye balls ', the metaphor works out almost as perfect if not better.

and as well with " reefer saved your shady inference " and not being " reaper, savior, shady inference "....i say this because, first of all the whole metaphor placed through the song has to do with a "drug" of a person, and second is, later in the song i think, if you listen very well, he says " reefer changed your 'hidden glow' " (saved the shady inference, making it clearer....changing the hidden glow, making it more noticable)......this is only by opinion and a last minute thought...

Last edited by æmoeba•°·.; 05-26-2006 at 09:50 PM..
Old 05-26-2006, 09:44 PM   #534
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 9

....is it..."eye balls deep in muddy waters"?....or " I 'boast' deep in muddy waters"?

Because it seems, if you put ' i boast ' in place of ' eye balls ', the metaphor works out almost as perfect if not better.

and as well with " reefer saved your shady inference " and not being " reaper, savior, shady inference "....i say this because, first of all the whole metaphor placed through the song has to do with a "drug" of a person, and second is, later in the song i think, if you listen very well, he says " reefer changed your 'hidden glow' " (saved the shady inference, making it clearer....changing the hidden glow, making it more noticable)......this is only by opinion and a last minute thought...

Last edited by æmoeba•°·.; 05-26-2006 at 09:50 PM..
OFFLINE |  
black_rose's Avatar black_rose
05-27-2006, 06:30 PM

On this bit of the song at the end.

Eyeballs deep in bloody waters
Eyeballs deep in muddy waters
[Ganja police / Got to believe / ??]
you must have been out your mind

The second line sounds like he's saying "your balls deep in muddy waters"
listen to it real loud i'm not joking listen to real looud or on some headphones, it also doesn't say "bloody waters" its just "muddy waters" both times
Old 05-27-2006, 06:30 PM   #535
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 8254

listen to it real loud i'm not joking listen to real looud or on some headphones, it also doesn't say "bloody waters" its just "muddy waters" both times
05-27-2006, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rose_immortal

i would have understood that at 10 decebels. but still, if it is "boast", like i had suggested, then he would be saying " you all boast deep in muddy waters..." with the 'you all' coming together a little faster not quite reaching the slang "ya'll" but almost close to that speed.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:48 PM   #536
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rose_immortal

i would have understood that at 10 decebels. but still, if it is "boast", like i had suggested, then he would be saying " you all boast deep in muddy waters..." with the 'you all' coming together a little faster not quite reaching the slang "ya'll" but almost close to that speed.
Terry21's Avatar Terry21
05-28-2006, 03:41 AM

who are you to wace the finger?
you musta been out your hair
i hold deep in muddy waters
you practically raised the dair

rob the grave to snow the cradle
then burn the evidence down
soapbox house of cards and glass
so don't be tossin your stones around

you musta been chai

foot in mouth and heads up asshole
whatcha talkin bout?
differ cult and dance round this one
til you pull it out
boy

you musta been so chai

steal borrow reaver saves your shady inference
king guru dung hung the juru with the innocence

now your reefer chains are chosen hidden glowin images stuck in your
eye
when you pissed all over my black halo
you musta been
chai

WHO ARE YOU TO WACE THE FINGER?
so full of shit
i boast deep in muddy waters
fucking hypocrite

liar lawyer mirror show me
what's the difference
king guru dung hung the dodo with the innocence

eye

you musta been

so who are you to wace the finger?
who are you to wace the malcom fingers at me?

reefer chains of hidden glow
trapped without a reason

liar lawyer mirror voyeur
what's the difference?
king guru beast pwn3d
he's guilty ask the government

now your reefer chains are chosen hidden glowin images up in your
eye
you musta been
chai

y'all'll boast deep in bloody waters

PONTIUS AHOI

you must have been out your mind.

best of: this forum

i emailed maynard, he confirmed it.

Last edited by Terry21; 05-28-2006 at 03:45 AM..
Old 05-28-2006, 03:41 AM   #537
Level 8 - Vociferous

you musta been chai

whatcha talkin bout?
til you pull it out
boy

you musta been so chai

eye
you musta been
chai

so full of shit
fucking hypocrite

what's the difference

eye

you musta been

trapped without a reason

what's the difference?
king guru beast pwn3d

eye
you musta been
chai

PONTIUS AHOI

Last edited by Terry21; 05-28-2006 at 03:45 AM..
OFFLINE |  
05-29-2006, 11:58 AM

someone who actually agree's with me on " I boast deep in muddy waters..."^^^
Old 05-29-2006, 11:58 AM   #538
Level 7 - Loquacious

someone who actually agree's with me on " I boast deep in muddy waters..."^^^
lateralus8305
05-29-2006, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thautis
"who are you to wave your fatty fingers at me"

i think it may be "bloody fingers"
I'm pretty sure it's "muddy fingers"
Old 05-29-2006, 12:34 PM   #539
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thautis
"who are you to wave your fatty fingers at me"

i think it may be "bloody fingers"
I'm pretty sure it's "muddy fingers"
OFFLINE |  
DON IOTAE's Avatar DON IOTAE
05-29-2006, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry21

you musta been chai

whatcha talkin bout?
til you pull it out
boy

you musta been so chai

eye
you musta been
chai

so full of shit
fucking hypocrite

what's the difference

eye

you musta been

trapped without a reason

what's the difference?
king guru beast pwn3d

eye
you musta been
chai

PONTIUS AHOI

Now THAT'S genius...
Old 05-29-2006, 12:36 PM   #540
Banned.

Bincount™: 13310

Quote:

you musta been chai

whatcha talkin bout?
til you pull it out
boy

you musta been so chai

eye
you musta been
chai

so full of shit
fucking hypocrite

what's the difference

eye

you musta been

trapped without a reason

what's the difference?
king guru beast pwn3d

eye
you musta been
chai

PONTIUS AHOI

Now THAT'S genius...
OFFLINE |  
05-29-2006, 12:37 PM

good another agreeing with "boast in muddy waters"
Old 05-29-2006, 12:37 PM   #541
Level 7 - Loquacious

good another agreeing with "boast in muddy waters"
blood_wh0re's Avatar blood_wh0re
05-29-2006, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaner
snow the cradle

...mirror, foil

what you talking about...

(hint*****it's not about "pot")
Old 05-29-2006, 07:04 PM   #542

Bincount™: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaner
snow the cradle

...mirror, foil

what you talking about...

(hint*****it's not about "pot")
OFFLINE |  
Mike590's Avatar Mike590
05-30-2006, 03:10 PM

Ok, heres just my interpretation:

Who are you to wave your finger, you must have been out your hair.
Eyehole/I hold deep in muddy waters, you practically rais(spelling?) the dead.
Rob the grave to snow the cradle and burn the evidence down.
Soapbox house of cards/cause/calls and glass so dont go tossin you stones around.

You must have been High.
you must have been High.
You must have been...

Foot in mouth and head up ass sowhat you talkin bout?
Difficult to dance round this one till you pull it out.

Boy, you must have been so high.
You must have been so high.

Steal, borrow, reafer save your shady inference
or
Steel burrow, reeper save your shady inference*

Kangaroo dun hung the juror with the inoccence**

Now your weeping shades of chosen indigo, got lemon juice up in your eye.
When your piss all over my black kettle/pedal*** you must have been high.High.
You must have been High. High.

Who are you to wave your finger so full of it.
Eyeballz deep in muddy water, fukin hypocrite.

Liar, lawyer, mirror, show me whats the difference.
Kangaroo dun hung the guilty with the inncoent. **

Your weepin shades of chosen indigo got lemon juice up in your high eye.
When you piss all over my black kettle.pedal you must have been...

So who are you to wave your finger?
So who are you to wave your fatty fingers at me?
You must have been out your mind.

Weepin/reefer shades of indigo.
Trapped/struck/shot/shut without a reason.

Liar, lawyer, mirror, foil whats the difference?
Kangaroo be stoned hes guilty as the government.

Well your weeping shades have chosen in the glow
Better lemon juice up in your eye. eye.

When your pissin over my black kettle/pedal, you must have been high.
High. High. High.

Eyeballs deep in muddy waters.
Ganja PLEASE, you must have been out your mind.

The asterisks:
* - Steel burrow could be a coffin.
** - Inncocence as a thought is very different than innocent as a person, notice he does not make the -ce sound the second time.
*** - Have no idea at the moment, just heard it a few times while replaying.

Terry: I just listened to the whole song while listening to that interp, the majority of it doesnt fit. The biggest being dodo. Also, many words, such as wace and chai, arent actual words. I have dictionary.com as a second tab and did everything you just replaced. Almost none of it makes sense, save that voyeur, which i personally dont hear at all. Foil, which reflects like a mirror, would make more sense though. Some of the words are acronyms, apparently, and still dont make sense. This includes chai and wace. Lastly, what language is pontius ahoi and why is there no sound even similar to it in the song?

Not saying you lied, but anyone can say, "i e-mailed him, these are right." Evidence maybe?
Old 05-30-2006, 03:10 PM   #543
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

Ok, heres just my interpretation:

Who are you to wave your finger, you must have been out your hair.
Eyehole/I hold deep in muddy waters, you practically rais(spelling?) the dead.
Rob the grave to snow the cradle and burn the evidence down.
Soapbox house of cards/cause/calls and glass so dont go tossin you stones around.

You must have been High.
you must have been High.
You must have been...

Foot in mouth and head up ass sowhat you talkin bout?
Difficult to dance round this one till you pull it out.

Boy, you must have been so high.
You must have been so high.

Steal, borrow, reafer save your shady inference
or
Steel burrow, reeper save your shady inference*

Kangaroo dun hung the juror with the inoccence**

Now your weeping shades of chosen indigo, got lemon juice up in your eye.
When your piss all over my black kettle/pedal*** you must have been high.High.
You must have been High. High.

Who are you to wave your finger so full of it.
Eyeballz deep in muddy water, fukin hypocrite.

Liar, lawyer, mirror, show me whats the difference.
Kangaroo dun hung the guilty with the inncoent. **

Your weepin shades of chosen indigo got lemon juice up in your high eye.
When you piss all over my black kettle.pedal you must have been...

So who are you to wave your finger?
So who are you to wave your fatty fingers at me?
You must have been out your mind.

Trapped/struck/shot/shut without a reason.

Liar, lawyer, mirror, foil whats the difference?
Kangaroo be stoned hes guilty as the government.

Well your weeping shades have chosen in the glow
Better lemon juice up in your eye. eye.

When your pissin over my black kettle/pedal, you must have been high.
High. High. High.

Ganja PLEASE, you must have been out your mind.

The asterisks:
* - Steel burrow could be a coffin.
** - Inncocence as a thought is very different than innocent as a person, notice he does not make the -ce sound the second time.
*** - Have no idea at the moment, just heard it a few times while replaying.

Terry: I just listened to the whole song while listening to that interp, the majority of it doesnt fit. The biggest being dodo. Also, many words, such as wace and chai, arent actual words. I have dictionary.com as a second tab and did everything you just replaced. Almost none of it makes sense, save that voyeur, which i personally dont hear at all. Foil, which reflects like a mirror, would make more sense though. Some of the words are acronyms, apparently, and still dont make sense. This includes chai and wace. Lastly, what language is pontius ahoi and why is there no sound even similar to it in the song?

Not saying you lied, but anyone can say, "i e-mailed him, these are right." Evidence maybe?
05-30-2006, 04:59 PM

Chai is a tea actually so it is a real word

But I don't think it's used in the song.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:59 PM   #544
Level 3 - Talker

Chai is a tea actually so it is a real word

But I don't think it's used in the song.
OFFLINE |  
Mike590's Avatar Mike590
05-30-2006, 05:08 PM

Just googled it. Your right. It is a type of sweet tea or something. I guess more than just one thing is in a different language. The fact remains though:

Quote:
You musta been tea.
Yup, makes sense to me.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:08 PM   #545
Level 7 - Loquacious

Just googled it. Your right. It is a type of sweet tea or something. I guess more than just one thing is in a different language. The fact remains though:

Quote:
You musta been tea.
Yup, makes sense to me.
05-31-2006, 04:52 AM

dont know if anyone has thrown this out there... but the line:
so who are you to point you ???? fingers at me? for some reason i hear muddy.... i mean it follows the themes of the song. since he has been saying muddy before... let me know...
Old 05-31-2006, 04:52 AM   #546
Level 1 - Lurker

dont know if anyone has thrown this out there... but the line:
so who are you to point you ???? fingers at me? for some reason i hear muddy.... i mean it follows the themes of the song. since he has been saying muddy before... let me know...
OFFLINE |  
Terry21's Avatar Terry21
05-31-2006, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike590

Yup, makes sense to me.
How can't it make sense? They're the official ones. Maynard even corrected some lines. For example, that's what he's written, where my original version only had questionmarks:

Old 05-31-2006, 07:10 AM   #547
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

Yup, makes sense to me.
How can't it make sense? They're the official ones. Maynard even corrected some lines. For example, that's what he's written, where my original version only had questionmarks:

OFFLINE |  
CaseLogic
05-31-2006, 08:01 AM

Quote:

you musta been chai

whatcha talkin bout?
til you pull it out
boy

you musta been so chai

eye
you musta been
chai

so full of shit
fucking hypocrite

what's the difference

eye

you musta been

trapped without a reason

what's the difference?
king guru beast pwn3d

eye
you musta been
chai

PONTIUS AHOI

omg please post these on the lyrics page
Old 05-31-2006, 08:01 AM   #548
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

you musta been chai

whatcha talkin bout?
til you pull it out
boy

you musta been so chai

eye
you musta been
chai

so full of shit
fucking hypocrite

what's the difference

eye

you musta been

trapped without a reason

what's the difference?
king guru beast pwn3d

eye
you musta been
chai

PONTIUS AHOI

omg please post these on the lyrics page
OFFLINE |  
Mike590's Avatar Mike590
05-31-2006, 12:18 PM

Quote:

How cant it make sense? Lets start with the fact that wace isnt even a word, nevermind a verb.
You musta been tea? Could be a metaphor i guess. Please explain it if you understand it.
Does anyone else hear the "sh" in full of shit? I only hear of it.
Listen to the song. Someone make a reasonable argument that that is dodo. Its just not.
Maynard says pwn3d? Also, i hear no p.
I can with mush confidence say it i hear no PONTIUS AHOI.

Like i said before, not saying your lying, but evidence would be nice.

And that "Best of: This Forum" isnt asking for attention and credit or anything.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:18 PM   #549
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

How cant it make sense? Lets start with the fact that wace isnt even a word, nevermind a verb.
You musta been tea? Could be a metaphor i guess. Please explain it if you understand it.
Listen to the song. Someone make a reasonable argument that that is dodo. Its just not.

And that "Best of: This Forum" isnt asking for attention and credit or anything.
05-31-2006, 12:22 PM

Quote:

Are you really taking him seriously? Seems like you are...
Old 05-31-2006, 12:22 PM   #550

Quote:

OFFLINE |  
CaseLogic
05-31-2006, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Ahahahah
Old 05-31-2006, 12:24 PM   #551
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Ahahahah
OFFLINE |  
Mike590's Avatar Mike590
05-31-2006, 12:25 PM

If its a joke, im sorry. But umm, second day...

Edit: If its a joke, why would he argue it?
Old 05-31-2006, 12:25 PM   #552
Level 7 - Loquacious

05-31-2006, 12:33 PM

Quote:

Well if you don't think it's a joke, feel free to argue back.

And also:

Total Posts: 58 (57.04 posts per day)

Maybe you should calm down there a bit, guy
Old 05-31-2006, 12:33 PM   #553
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

And also:

OFFLINE |  
evilprimeval
05-31-2006, 12:37 PM

Quote:

Second day but people are reacting.
Why change bait if you're still getting bites?
The argument acts as a bass attractant, keeps you coming back for another hit at his artificial lure...
But maybe it's a little easy to mistake "jokes" for seriousness on here, almost as easy as it is to mistake seriousness for joke.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:37 PM   #554

Quote:

Second day but people are reacting.
Why change bait if you're still getting bites?
The argument acts as a bass attractant, keeps you coming back for another hit at his artificial lure...
But maybe it's a little easy to mistake "jokes" for seriousness on here, almost as easy as it is to mistake seriousness for joke.
OFFLINE |  
Mike590's Avatar Mike590
05-31-2006, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseLogic

And also:

And maybe you should read my other posts before judging my tone of voice said in text. Its on this page, im sure you can find it.

Also, the amount of time i have been here and the amount of time you have been here does not put you in a place of power over me. You do not have authority over me. My amount of posts is completely away from the topic, which is continually swayed away from.

Sorry if your just trying to help, but the way i read that, it came off offensively.

Quality ir more important than quantity.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:11 PM   #555
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseLogic

And also:

And maybe you should read my other posts before judging my tone of voice said in text. Its on this page, im sure you can find it.

Also, the amount of time i have been here and the amount of time you have been here does not put you in a place of power over me. You do not have authority over me. My amount of posts is completely away from the topic, which is continually swayed away from.

Sorry if your just trying to help, but the way i read that, it came off offensively.

Quality ir more important than quantity.
05-31-2006, 07:56 PM

okay, i'm no expert, but i used protools to drop a large portion of the music out of the track (as much as possible without touching the lyrics) and after weeks of deciphering here's what i gots;

Who are you to waive your finger?
You must have been out your head.
Eye-hole deep in muddy waters
You practically raised the dead
Rob the grave to snow the cradle
And burn the evidence down
Soap box house of cards and glass
So don’t go tossin’ your stones around.
You musta been… high
You musta been… high
You musta been…

Foot in mouth and head up ass.
So,What ya talkin’ ‘bout?
Difficult to dance round this one
‘till you pull it out… (boy)
You musta been so… high
You musta been so… high

Steal borrow reaper savior
Shady inference
Kangaroo done hung the jury
With the innocent
Now your weepin’ shades of chosen indigo
Got lemon juice up in your eye
When you pissed all over my black kettle
You musta been… high, high!

So full of it
Fuckin’ hypocrite
Liar, lawyer mirror show me
What’s the difference?
Kangaroo done hung the guilty
With the innocent
Now! Your weepin’ shades of chosen indigo
Got lemon juice up in your eye, eye!
You musta been…

So who are you to waive your finger?
Who are you to waive your mighty fingers at me?
You must have been out your mind…

Weepin’ shades of indigo
Trapped without a reason
Weepin’ shades of indigo

what’s the difference
Kangaroo beast knowin’ he’s guilty as the government
Got a lemon juice up in your eye, eye!
You musta been, high, high, high! high!

Eyeball deep in muddy water
You're balls deep in muddy waters
Much obliged!
You must have been out your mind!
Old 05-31-2006, 07:56 PM   #556
Level 2 - Poster

okay, i'm no expert, but i used protools to drop a large portion of the music out of the track (as much as possible without touching the lyrics) and after weeks of deciphering here's what i gots;

You must have been out your head.
Eye-hole deep in muddy waters
You practically raised the dead
Rob the grave to snow the cradle
And burn the evidence down
Soap box house of cards and glass
So don’t go tossin’ your stones around.
You musta been… high
You musta been… high
You musta been…

Foot in mouth and head up ass.
So,What ya talkin’ ‘bout?
Difficult to dance round this one
‘till you pull it out… (boy)
You musta been so… high
You musta been so… high

Steal borrow reaper savior
Shady inference
Kangaroo done hung the jury
With the innocent
Now your weepin’ shades of chosen indigo
Got lemon juice up in your eye

So full of it
Fuckin’ hypocrite
Liar, lawyer mirror show me
What’s the difference?
Kangaroo done hung the guilty
With the innocent
Got lemon juice up in your eye, eye!
You musta been…

So who are you to waive your finger?
Who are you to waive your mighty fingers at me?
You must have been out your mind…

Weepin’ shades of indigo
Trapped without a reason
Weepin’ shades of indigo

what’s the difference
Kangaroo beast knowin’ he’s guilty as the government
Got a lemon juice up in your eye, eye!
You musta been, high, high, high! high!

Eyeball deep in muddy water
You're balls deep in muddy waters
Much obliged!
You must have been out your mind!
OFFLINE |  
emmsna's Avatar emmsna
06-01-2006, 06:20 AM

ahhh, mighty finger. Now that's the best i've heard for that spot. only he kinda says it midy (m-eye-dee)
Old 06-01-2006, 06:20 AM   #557
Level 3 - Talker

ahhh, mighty finger. Now that's the best i've heard for that spot. only he kinda says it midy (m-eye-dee)
OFFLINE |  
Terry21's Avatar Terry21
06-01-2006, 06:21 AM

Calm down guys!

It obviously was a joke.

It was a collection of the best lyrics that I've got from this thread (and other threads from this forum, one of it was: "WHO ARE YOU TO WACE THE FINGER?". And the Chai came from some thread too.)

Thought it was funny.

Last edited by Terry21; 06-01-2006 at 06:26 AM..
Old 06-01-2006, 06:21 AM   #558
Level 8 - Vociferous

Calm down guys!

It obviously was a joke.

It was a collection of the best lyrics that I've got from this thread (and other threads from this forum, one of it was: "WHO ARE YOU TO WACE THE FINGER?". And the Chai came from some thread too.)

Thought it was funny.

Last edited by Terry21; 06-01-2006 at 06:26 AM..
OFFLINE |  
emmsna's Avatar emmsna
06-01-2006, 06:25 AM

chai is tea made of spices like cinnamon & nutmeg
Old 06-01-2006, 06:25 AM   #559
Level 3 - Talker

chai is tea made of spices like cinnamon & nutmeg
OFFLINE |  
CaseLogic
06-02-2006, 07:41 AM

Quote:
That's how most people say the word anyways. Most people are more inclined to pronounce t's as more of a 'd' sound, like My-dee as opposed to My-tee.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:41 AM   #560
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
That's how most people say the word anyways. Most people are more inclined to pronounce t's as more of a 'd' sound, like My-dee as opposed to My-tee.
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply