opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Sober
User Name
Password
Old 11-23-2002, 05:33 PM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Creativity

If the FAQ is right about the song's meaning... *it says Tool wrote the song about a guy who did his best artisitic work when he was intoxicated or something like that* ...I see the box as being the little guys creativity. He brings it out and opens it up every now and then. Then puts it away... In a way the song is about drugs and addiction, but I don't think that's what the box is about. Because later on he reaches for the box and it's not there...like he lost his inspiration or something. That's my take anyway. I don't have any idea what all the other characters in the video represent...
Old 11-24-2002, 03:57 PM   #2
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
That makes a lot of sense. Notice how the lights go out right before he can't find the box and how he crouches hopelessly? Perhaps that could symbolize him losing the high and inspiration. And then he falls and his face melts and all that good stuff. Perhaps the other guys represent him seeking inspiration from other sources because he lost the box.

-Pushit, Tool
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: