Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
jesse.O_o
04-24-2006, 09:38 PM

i think one half of the pun is pretty obvious, in that people thought from looking at the tracklist that this was simply a take on the rosetta stone by making it stoned and hence about drugs, but i would suggest that it infact goes right back the other way to be about the guy in the song being like a rosetta stone.

When interpreted simply it seems to be about a trip of some kind, and could be , but also the guy is found by aliens and is given a code which is of extreme importance and could save the world, hence he has been "rosetta stoned" (not that heiroglyphics saved the world, just that the stone was a key to them).

This then links to lost keys being about the key to the problem, or this human rosetta stone, being 'lost' to madness......

The song could still be a funny/sarcastic take on such a situation even with this meaning.

cheers
jesse
Old 04-24-2006, 09:38 PM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
pun intended

i think one half of the pun is pretty obvious, in that people thought from looking at the tracklist that this was simply a take on the rosetta stone by making it stoned and hence about drugs, but i would suggest that it infact goes right back the other way to be about the guy in the song being like a rosetta stone.

When interpreted simply it seems to be about a trip of some kind, and could be , but also the guy is found by aliens and is given a code which is of extreme importance and could save the world, hence he has been "rosetta stoned" (not that heiroglyphics saved the world, just that the stone was a key to them).

This then links to lost keys being about the key to the problem, or this human rosetta stone, being 'lost' to madness......

The song could still be a funny/sarcastic take on such a situation even with this meaning.

cheers
jesse
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
comeon
04-24-2006, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse.O_o

cheers
jesse
yep i agree
Old 04-24-2006, 10:44 PM   #2
Level 2 - Poster

Re: pun intended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse.O_o

cheers
jesse
yep i agree
jesse.O_o
04-24-2006, 11:30 PM

maybe i had read your thread and subconsciously recorded it, thats why this title came to me.... weird. it was definitely unintentional :P

i think my idea was slightly different to yours though :)
cheers
jesse
Old 04-24-2006, 11:30 PM   #3
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Re: pun intended

maybe i had read your thread and subconsciously recorded it, thats why this title came to me.... weird. it was definitely unintentional :P

i think my idea was slightly different to yours though :)
cheers
jesse

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply