opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » 07. Parabola
User Name
Password
Old 04-12-2003, 12:57 AM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Parabola - play on words

There are some great insights on this page about the meaning of the name parabola.

However, until i read these thoughts i thought the name was a play on the word "parable" - a short story designed to convey a message.

I know the spelling doesn't work, but it explains why the song before it is called parabol.

The lines "This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality. Embrace this moment. Remember. We are eternal.
All this pain is an illusion." i thought was him singing about the woman he's holding reminds him that he's part of god's bigger plan, and hence he's eternal. Therefore the woman is his 'parable' that teaches him about god.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 07:36 PM   #2
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Parabola - play on words

Quote:
Originally posted by Dallas002

i thought was him singing about the woman he's holding reminds him that he's part of god's bigger plan, and hence he's eternal. Therefore the woman is his 'parable' that teaches him about god.
Where'd this woman come from? I don't remember her?
Old 04-22-2003, 04:55 PM   #3
Banned.

Bincount™: 1
I thought he was saying in one part ," Cause pain is your user" not all this pain is an illusion. However I am aware he is saying this but I thought he divided it up a little.
As far as the androgyen aspect I could relate to the woman. However in basic womanhood I don't see it.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: