Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 01. Vicarious
User Name
Password
tangent's Avatar tangent
04-17-2006, 05:54 AM

While on my travels, looking for clues, I found this...
http://www.experiencefestival.com/vicarious_atonement

To save you clicking:

"

Vicarious Atonement

The theory of the atonement which states that Christ's death was "legal." It satisfied the legal justice of God. Jesus bore the penalty of sin when he died on the cross. His death was a substitution for the believers. In other words, he substituted himself for them upon the cross. Jesus hung in our place as He bore our sin in his body on the cross. See 1 Pet. 2:24.

"

AND THIS:

Agnus Dei (Latin) (from agnus lamb + deus god)

Lamb of God; originating in the New Testament: "The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world" (John 1:29). It is applied to various emblems, cakes, anthems, etc., used in the services of the orthodox Christian churches. As a lamb was sacrificed and partaken of in the Jewish feast of the Passover, John said in effect: behold the true divine Paschal Lamb. However, the original idea that impurity is burnt out by the divine fire from the radiant source within each person was perverted, both in the case of agni and the Lamb of God, into the idea of vicarious atonement (cf SD 2:383).

(See also: Agnus Dei , Mysticism, Mysticism Dictionary, Occultism, Occultism Dictionary)

THEN WE HAVE THIS (which is a community who believe in this idea):

The Global Oneness Commitment is an eight-year project with the goal of uniting people around the globe to mutual actions in order to not only save what we have, but to transform the planet thru an increase in spiritual awareness ? a new consciousness creating a joyful home for all its inhabitants and sincere respect for all forms of life.
The project is synchronised with the twin Venus Transits of 2004 and 2012. It starts with the first Venus transit of June 8th 2004 and ends with the second Transit June 6th 2012. The eight-year project is initiated by the Global Oneness Foundation based in Stockholm, Sweden, in association with the Times Foundation based in Delhi, India.

Just something to think about.........
Old 04-17-2006, 05:54 AM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 8
Vicarious Atonement

To save you clicking:

"

Vicarious Atonement

The theory of the atonement which states that Christ's death was "legal." It satisfied the legal justice of God. Jesus bore the penalty of sin when he died on the cross. His death was a substitution for the believers. In other words, he substituted himself for them upon the cross. Jesus hung in our place as He bore our sin in his body on the cross. See 1 Pet. 2:24.

"

AND THIS:

Lamb of God; originating in the New Testament: "The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world" (John 1:29). It is applied to various emblems, cakes, anthems, etc., used in the services of the orthodox Christian churches. As a lamb was sacrificed and partaken of in the Jewish feast of the Passover, John said in effect: behold the true divine Paschal Lamb. However, the original idea that impurity is burnt out by the divine fire from the radiant source within each person was perverted, both in the case of agni and the Lamb of God, into the idea of vicarious atonement (cf SD 2:383).

(See also: Agnus Dei , Mysticism, Mysticism Dictionary, Occultism, Occultism Dictionary)

The Global Oneness Commitment is an eight-year project with the goal of uniting people around the globe to mutual actions in order to not only save what we have, but to transform the planet thru an increase in spiritual awareness ? a new consciousness creating a joyful home for all its inhabitants and sincere respect for all forms of life.
The project is synchronised with the twin Venus Transits of 2004 and 2012. It starts with the first Venus transit of June 8th 2004 and ends with the second Transit June 6th 2012. The eight-year project is initiated by the Global Oneness Foundation based in Stockholm, Sweden, in association with the Times Foundation based in Delhi, India.

OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Xolution's Avatar Xolution
04-17-2006, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangent
Vicarious Atonement

In and of itself I'd probably say that isn't terribly exciting, but the fact that Vicarious is supposed to be officially released on Easter Monday makes it a tad more interesting (and even more interesting that Vicarious leaked on Good Friday).
Old 04-17-2006, 07:08 AM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Vicarious Atonement

Quote:
Vicarious Atonement

In and of itself I'd probably say that isn't terribly exciting, but the fact that Vicarious is supposed to be officially released on Easter Monday makes it a tad more interesting (and even more interesting that Vicarious leaked on Good Friday).
04-17-2006, 07:15 AM

Hoax -:)
Old 04-17-2006, 07:15 AM   #3
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Hoax -:)
tyroneslothrop's Avatar tyroneslothrop
04-17-2006, 10:42 AM

Good observation. From this we can only come to one conclusion:

Vicarious is maynard's atonement for eMotive
"The greatest hazard of all, losing the self, can occur very quietly in the world, as if it were nothing at all. No other loss can occur so quietly; any other loss- an arm, a leg, five dollars, a wife, etc.- is sure to be noticed"-Kierkegaard
Old 04-17-2006, 10:42 AM   #4
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 10

Good observation. From this we can only come to one conclusion:

Vicarious is maynard's atonement for eMotive
"The greatest hazard of all, losing the self, can occur very quietly in the world, as if it were nothing at all. No other loss can occur so quietly; any other loss- an arm, a leg, five dollars, a wife, etc.- is sure to be noticed"-Kierkegaard
Mortal Moxie's Avatar Mortal Moxie
04-17-2006, 10:45 AM

Quote:

To save you clicking:

"

Vicarious Atonement

"

AND THIS:

Good observation. From this we can conclude you A: Are a college student skipping classes, or B: Are unemployed.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:45 AM   #5

Quote:

To save you clicking:

"

Vicarious Atonement

"

AND THIS:

Good observation. From this we can conclude you A: Are a college student skipping classes, or B: Are unemployed.
04-17-2006, 11:02 AM

Actually I haven't got lower than a B in college yet, and came top in cultural studies. Oh and I'm not lying. I managed to write the whole essay about Tool and Alex Grey's theories too -;) hey have you guys noticed how the people who joined lately are way nicer and more open minded than the others and can respect peoples opinions? Suppose it doesn't matter, flame me away! -:D
Old 04-17-2006, 11:02 AM   #6
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Actually I haven't got lower than a B in college yet, and came top in cultural studies. Oh and I'm not lying. I managed to write the whole essay about Tool and Alex Grey's theories too -;) hey have you guys noticed how the people who joined lately are way nicer and more open minded than the others and can respect peoples opinions? Suppose it doesn't matter, flame me away! -:D
mike09's Avatar mike09
04-17-2006, 11:04 AM

Quote:
That's because on Friday, there was like 35 new members who each started a thread bashing Vicarious and anyone liking it.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:04 AM   #7
Banned.

Bincount™: 664

Quote:
That's because on Friday, there was like 35 new members who each started a thread bashing Vicarious and anyone liking it.
MacFoley's Avatar MacFoley
04-17-2006, 11:07 AM

wasnt jesus a fake?
Old 04-17-2006, 11:07 AM   #8

Bincount™: 1

wasnt jesus a fake?
Vicenza's Avatar Vicenza
04-17-2006, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal Moxie
hahaha... my first thought exactly.
;)
Old 04-17-2006, 12:29 PM   #9
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal Moxie
hahaha... my first thought exactly.
;)
The Merovingian's Avatar The Merovingian
04-17-2006, 03:19 PM

From wikipedia:

------

Vicarious Visions is a video game developer. It was founded by Karthik and Guha Bala in the 1990s. Developers of Terminus, it won them an Independent Game Festival Award in 1999 and they became known as a leading developer of handheld games breaking ground by porting the Tony Hawk series to Game Boy Advance. They're also known for Crash Nitro Kart and successful ports of Jedi Knight II/III as well as Id software's Doom 3.

In 2003, VV acquired the assets of failing middleware tools provider Intrinsic Graphics, folding the technology into its own production suite.

In January 2005, Vicarious Visions was acquired by publisher Activision.

------

Doom 3... tweaker... hmmmm...

Nah.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:19 PM   #10
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 1

From wikipedia:

------

Vicarious Visions is a video game developer. It was founded by Karthik and Guha Bala in the 1990s. Developers of Terminus, it won them an Independent Game Festival Award in 1999 and they became known as a leading developer of handheld games breaking ground by porting the Tony Hawk series to Game Boy Advance. They're also known for Crash Nitro Kart and successful ports of Jedi Knight II/III as well as Id software's Doom 3.

In 2003, VV acquired the assets of failing middleware tools provider Intrinsic Graphics, folding the technology into its own production suite.

In January 2005, Vicarious Visions was acquired by publisher Activision.

------

Doom 3... tweaker... hmmmm...

Nah.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply