Jambi
Stinkfist (extended)
The Pot!!!
46 & 2
Schism (extended)
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Intension/Right in Two
Wings for Marie/10,000 days
Lateralus (extended with Melt Banana drummer and guitar I think)
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 06-23-2007 at 07:17 AM..
Old 04-27-2007, 10:35 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/06/22 - St. Louis, MO - Scottrade Arena

Jambi
Stinkfist (extended)
The Pot!!!
46 & 2
Schism (extended)
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Intension/Right in Two
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 06-23-2007 at 07:17 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Permanent Eden
06-22-2007, 09:18 PM

from what I remember:

Jambi
Stinkfist (extended)
The Pot!!!
46 & 2
Schism (extended)
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Intension/Right in Two
Vicarious

I'm still sort of out of it so I might have some of those out of order.

It also sounded like a brief snippit of Ions possibly. I think they played the very beginning of Prison Sex right before Lateralus as well but I'm not too sure as it was very brief.

Last edited by Permanent Eden; 06-22-2007 at 09:22 PM..
Old 06-22-2007, 09:18 PM   #2
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/22 - St. Louis, MO - Scottrade Arena

from what I remember:

Jambi
Stinkfist (extended)
The Pot!!!
46 & 2
Schism (extended)
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Intension/Right in Two
Vicarious

I'm still sort of out of it so I might have some of those out of order.

It also sounded like a brief snippit of Ions possibly. I think they played the very beginning of Prison Sex right before Lateralus as well but I'm not too sure as it was very brief.

Last edited by Permanent Eden; 06-22-2007 at 09:22 PM..
OFFLINE |  
harskeyb
06-22-2007, 09:35 PM

Above setlist is correct. Incredible show!!! Did not expect "The Pot". Everyone pretty much behaved themselves until right before Vicarious when someone threw a cd on stage--Maynard picked it up and told Justin to stop playing because he has to go listen to somebody's fuckin demo and to wait 10 minutes, then said "just kidding". Melt Banana is an interesting band, enjoyed them very much. I thought they really added a different element to "Lateralus". Really would've liked to hear pushit or flood, but the pot was killer! Pretty much everything from 10000 days was played tonight--dont know how many times thats been done on this tour so far.

Overall outstanding and actually enjoyed it more than wichita last month. The lasers are really something to see. Oh yea, it sounded like maynard changed some lines in stinkfist, but I couldn't make it out. Maybe somone else caught it?
Old 06-22-2007, 09:35 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Above setlist is correct. Incredible show!!! Did not expect "The Pot". Everyone pretty much behaved themselves until right before Vicarious when someone threw a cd on stage--Maynard picked it up and told Justin to stop playing because he has to go listen to somebody's fuckin demo and to wait 10 minutes, then said "just kidding". Melt Banana is an interesting band, enjoyed them very much. I thought they really added a different element to "Lateralus". Really would've liked to hear pushit or flood, but the pot was killer! Pretty much everything from 10000 days was played tonight--dont know how many times thats been done on this tour so far.

Overall outstanding and actually enjoyed it more than wichita last month. The lasers are really something to see. Oh yea, it sounded like maynard changed some lines in stinkfist, but I couldn't make it out. Maybe somone else caught it?
OFFLINE |  
Permanent Eden
06-22-2007, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harskeyb View Post

I heard that too. I had a really hard time making it out though. Instead of "I'll Keep Digging Til I feel Something" he said something else. I thought he was gonna flip out when that douche threw the cd on stage. But he was playful about it, "Justin hold on. Somebody wants me to go listen to this demo. I'm gonna leave for 10 minutes and listen to this fuckin demo.....just kidding." <--- something like that
Old 06-22-2007, 09:50 PM   #4
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by harskeyb View Post

I heard that too. I had a really hard time making it out though. Instead of "I'll Keep Digging Til I feel Something" he said something else. I thought he was gonna flip out when that douche threw the cd on stage. But he was playful about it, "Justin hold on. Somebody wants me to go listen to this demo. I'm gonna leave for 10 minutes and listen to this fuckin demo.....just kidding." <--- something like that
OFFLINE |  
O.G.T.92's Avatar O.G.T.92
06-22-2007, 09:59 PM

Jambi
Stinkfist
The Pot
46&2
schism
lost keys/ Rosetta Stoned
Right in Two
Wings I & II
Lateralus
Vicarious
Old 06-22-2007, 09:59 PM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 42

Jambi
Stinkfist
The Pot
46&2
schism
lost keys/ Rosetta Stoned
Right in Two
Wings I & II
Lateralus
Vicarious
OFFLINE |  
harskeyb
06-22-2007, 10:02 PM

Ok so maybe I'm not crazy, I could swear he said something about the Mississippi?? I still can't believe some douche would throw something on stage like that. I thought we would make it all the way till the end, my fault for trusting in humanity. I do wanna add that this was the BEST version I've ever heard of 46&2--including all the bootlegs I've listened to, and I've heard a lot over the years. After hearing the pot I was hoping and praying for a repeat of the Bonnaroo setlist, I guess that was too much to hope for. Props again to Melt Banana they really play with a lot of energy and are much better than Kinski, in my opinion.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:02 PM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

Ok so maybe I'm not crazy, I could swear he said something about the Mississippi?? I still can't believe some douche would throw something on stage like that. I thought we would make it all the way till the end, my fault for trusting in humanity. I do wanna add that this was the BEST version I've ever heard of 46&2--including all the bootlegs I've listened to, and I've heard a lot over the years. After hearing the pot I was hoping and praying for a repeat of the Bonnaroo setlist, I guess that was too much to hope for. Props again to Melt Banana they really play with a lot of energy and are much better than Kinski, in my opinion.
OFFLINE |  
Permanent Eden
06-22-2007, 10:07 PM

I thought the show was damn near flawless as far as glitches go. I didn't really notice any techincal problems other than someone coming out to Danny once. Then there was the CD throwing but Maynard didn't make a huge deal of it. Amazing show. I was in section 104 but during Lateralus it was pretty lively. He even thanked "the right" and "the left". Wings 1 and 2 were really something else. The highlight was near the end of 10,000 days when the lasers started to move and the back screen dropped along with Maynard's vocals and the instruments. Awesome. I'm not sure it'll even sink in until tomorrow.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:07 PM   #7
Level 3 - Talker

I thought the show was damn near flawless as far as glitches go. I didn't really notice any techincal problems other than someone coming out to Danny once. Then there was the CD throwing but Maynard didn't make a huge deal of it. Amazing show. I was in section 104 but during Lateralus it was pretty lively. He even thanked "the right" and "the left". Wings 1 and 2 were really something else. The highlight was near the end of 10,000 days when the lasers started to move and the back screen dropped along with Maynard's vocals and the instruments. Awesome. I'm not sure it'll even sink in until tomorrow.
OFFLINE |  
mikey6719
06-22-2007, 10:25 PM

The POT!!!
My third show this tour.
First EVER (I think) in my home town!
Hey hey hey...would have loved enema as a closer...but Got The Pot AND right in two...seemed like a good show, no complaints. Nothing will ever compare to the VFW hall in KC....Maynard, I would buy your wine, but it is OVER priced.....
Old 06-22-2007, 10:25 PM   #8
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 4

The POT!!!
My third show this tour.
First EVER (I think) in my home town!
Hey hey hey...would have loved enema as a closer...but Got The Pot AND right in two...seemed like a good show, no complaints. Nothing will ever compare to the VFW hall in KC....Maynard, I would buy your wine, but it is OVER priced.....
OFFLINE |  
mikey6719
06-22-2007, 10:50 PM

PS crowd was really subdued.no one in the front 5 rows EVER stood up? Thanks t o TOOL for running their tour through here, I know we had never hosted you....But now that you have my 60 bucks, I guess Ill catch the BIG MUDDY BLUES Fest at the end of summer..it costs....nothing!
Old 06-22-2007, 10:50 PM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 4

PS crowd was really subdued.no one in the front 5 rows EVER stood up? Thanks t o TOOL for running their tour through here, I know we had never hosted you....But now that you have my 60 bucks, I guess Ill catch the BIG MUDDY BLUES Fest at the end of summer..it costs....nothing!
OFFLINE |  
l_ron_hubbard
06-22-2007, 10:59 PM

Just wanted to add that Adam BLEW IT on a part of Vicarious.

GREAT show, best i've seen in the past year (this being 4th this year, 5th of the new album, and 9th ever). Maynard fucking nailed everything with all the yells and some awesome tweaks on lyrics and whatnot. top notch show.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:59 PM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

Just wanted to add that Adam BLEW IT on a part of Vicarious.

GREAT show, best i've seen in the past year (this being 4th this year, 5th of the new album, and 9th ever). Maynard fucking nailed everything with all the yells and some awesome tweaks on lyrics and whatnot. top notch show.
OFFLINE |  
senator1043
06-22-2007, 11:39 PM

Overall, it was a decent show. Adam looked as excited to be on stage as the usher checking tickets for people accessing the floor. Thie setlist was great, and it was nice to get The Pot and Flood, but I kept having flashbacks to the '01 show when we got Eulogy and a few others they hadn't played at other venues. Maybe my expectations were too high, but this was a sold out show at the first real city they have played this month. There were easily 16K people there even without selling the entire area behind the stage. They stopped serving beer during Rosetta Stoned, and I'm not saying I need alcohol to have a good time, but the excuse I got was that the band thought the crowd was too unruly and requested alcohol sales be stopped. This crowd was appreciative, but anything but unruly. During Wings 1 and 2 the laser show was great, but it would have been nice to sip on a beer and enjoy the atmosphere. Also, Maynard needs to chill out when someone throws a cd on stage. This is a rock concert, not a broadway musical...just ignore it! Besides, he was so far away from the front of the stage, it wasn't like the cd came zooming in at his head or anything. It was a great show all in all, and the sound of the band was amazing. Extremely talented musicians.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:39 PM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

Overall, it was a decent show. Adam looked as excited to be on stage as the usher checking tickets for people accessing the floor. Thie setlist was great, and it was nice to get The Pot and Flood, but I kept having flashbacks to the '01 show when we got Eulogy and a few others they hadn't played at other venues. Maybe my expectations were too high, but this was a sold out show at the first real city they have played this month. There were easily 16K people there even without selling the entire area behind the stage. They stopped serving beer during Rosetta Stoned, and I'm not saying I need alcohol to have a good time, but the excuse I got was that the band thought the crowd was too unruly and requested alcohol sales be stopped. This crowd was appreciative, but anything but unruly. During Wings 1 and 2 the laser show was great, but it would have been nice to sip on a beer and enjoy the atmosphere. Also, Maynard needs to chill out when someone throws a cd on stage. This is a rock concert, not a broadway musical...just ignore it! Besides, he was so far away from the front of the stage, it wasn't like the cd came zooming in at his head or anything. It was a great show all in all, and the sound of the band was amazing. Extremely talented musicians.
OFFLINE |  
Kingme24
06-22-2007, 11:52 PM

WOW!

My first TOOL concert, and I couldn't be happier. The setlist that has been posted is correct. I thought everything sounded and looked great. The laser show is a real treat, I was really impressed. Adam did seem to mess around on Vicarious at one point, i'm not sure if this was intentional or not. Lateralus was definately the high point of the show. The crowd was really into it tonight as far as I could tell, but I wouldn't call them unruly. Someone did throw a CD on stage, but I thought Maynard took it rather well and managed to joke about it. "Hey hold on Justin... Someone just gave me this demo I have to check it out i'll be back in 10 minutes..*crowd boos* ..... ok nevermind." Atleast he didn't turn his back on us and miss vocals like other shows!

Awesome Show THANK YOU!
Old 06-22-2007, 11:52 PM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

WOW!

My first TOOL concert, and I couldn't be happier. The setlist that has been posted is correct. I thought everything sounded and looked great. The laser show is a real treat, I was really impressed. Adam did seem to mess around on Vicarious at one point, i'm not sure if this was intentional or not. Lateralus was definately the high point of the show. The crowd was really into it tonight as far as I could tell, but I wouldn't call them unruly. Someone did throw a CD on stage, but I thought Maynard took it rather well and managed to joke about it. "Hey hold on Justin... Someone just gave me this demo I have to check it out i'll be back in 10 minutes..*crowd boos* ..... ok nevermind." Atleast he didn't turn his back on us and miss vocals like other shows!

Awesome Show THANK YOU!
OFFLINE |  
cragusky
06-22-2007, 11:54 PM

tool -

thank you
Old 06-22-2007, 11:54 PM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

tool -

thank you
OFFLINE |  
jacob18
06-23-2007, 12:04 AM

Wondefull show! i saw them last week down in Cape and this blew it out of the water. i couldnt believe they played the pot, my friends been to 4 of their concerts this tour and hasn't heard it live. i still have chills and i wish the concert wouldn't have ended. Great to be able to see them in my home town. AWSOME SHOW!!!!
Old 06-23-2007, 12:04 AM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

Wondefull show! i saw them last week down in Cape and this blew it out of the water. i couldnt believe they played the pot, my friends been to 4 of their concerts this tour and hasn't heard it live. i still have chills and i wish the concert wouldn't have ended. Great to be able to see them in my home town. AWSOME SHOW!!!!
OFFLINE |  
Kingme24
06-23-2007, 12:07 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3zpX2S1W4s (Vicarious)

Includes the mistake around 1:08ish??
Old 06-23-2007, 12:07 AM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3zpX2S1W4s (Vicarious)

Includes the mistake around 1:08ish??
OFFLINE |  
dont_go_on_me
06-23-2007, 12:30 AM

Ok, 2 words can best describe this show.....FUCK PEORIA!!!!

This show was aboslutely incredible....the crowd was insanely LOUD!!! i was 5 rows off the floor, side stage right...i was sooo close to Justin, it was crazy.

I made a last minute decision to drive down to the Lou from Bloom/Normal, and soooo glad i did! escpecially after the debacle in Peoria.

anyways, i seriously think that was the loudest crowd i have ever been a part of.....at the beginning of the show and end the crowd went nuts and showed some serious LOVE to the boys! I walked out of the venue tonight soooo proud to be a TOOL fan!!

i honestly have no complaints about anything that went on tonight....the band was in top notch form and Maynard must've took his Midol since he was in great spirits!
Old 06-23-2007, 12:30 AM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

Ok, 2 words can best describe this show.....FUCK PEORIA!!!!

This show was aboslutely incredible....the crowd was insanely LOUD!!! i was 5 rows off the floor, side stage right...i was sooo close to Justin, it was crazy.

I made a last minute decision to drive down to the Lou from Bloom/Normal, and soooo glad i did! escpecially after the debacle in Peoria.

anyways, i seriously think that was the loudest crowd i have ever been a part of.....at the beginning of the show and end the crowd went nuts and showed some serious LOVE to the boys! I walked out of the venue tonight soooo proud to be a TOOL fan!!

i honestly have no complaints about anything that went on tonight....the band was in top notch form and Maynard must've took his Midol since he was in great spirits!
OFFLINE |  
jellis4148
06-23-2007, 04:38 AM

Second show for me. I thought vocals and all sounds were perfect. Only problem some jacka$$ whistling right in my ear during wings 2, but the good news was that him and his drunk bitch got kicked out for standing in chairs.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:38 AM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

Second show for me. I thought vocals and all sounds were perfect. Only problem some jacka$$ whistling right in my ear during wings 2, but the good news was that him and his drunk bitch got kicked out for standing in chairs.
OFFLINE |  
rll's Avatar rll
06-23-2007, 05:47 AM

Sec. C Row 31

Great show. Don't know what to add. I'll say the crowd was Okay.

Melt bannana was cool. Loud but cool. Pwople were fairly respectful. Some drunk ass behind me was yelling during melt bannana. He kept calling her a "female carrottop on acid". Whatever the hell that meant. I'd like to see them in a smaller club.

Now to tool. I saw them in Oklahoma city about a month ago so that is what I can compare to. Overall sound was better in okc, and I was sitting ten feet from the soundboard here in the lou. But It was not bad. I think they change Maynards vocal settings for different songs and sometimes They dont get it right at the begining of the next song(like at the begining of lat.).I think justin broke a string tword the end and danny and adam kind of improvised a bit. Maynard was into it. DANNY IS AMAZING. And Justin and Adam make sounds come out of their instruments you just dont think they can make. It is cool to listen to the cd and wonder how the sounds are made and then go see them and realized you were wrong. Great band.

Did anyone see the water bottle fly at Justin about a minute into Jambi? Luckiily Nard was facing the other way.

All in all it was a great show. I got to hear two songs I didn't hear in okc.(the pot, and vicarious.) They can do without vicarious as the closer. Aenima or lat. should be their closers. Although the lasers in vicarious were crazy. We didnt get them on that scale in okc.

Highlights- Right in two, Wings, 46&2, and the pot.

Lowlights- drunkards, security(turn the flashlight out if you don't need it), And falling on my ass trying to be a nice guy and climbing over two rows of seats instead of making people stand up.Who knew they folded? Damn that hurt, and the lights were on so I had quite the audience laughing. Oh well, like I said great show.

Oh what did maynard say right before lat.? I couldn't make it out but it seemed like a fairly long speach.

Last edited by rll; 06-23-2007 at 05:49 AM..
Old 06-23-2007, 05:47 AM   #18
rll
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 105

Sec. C Row 31

Great show. Don't know what to add. I'll say the crowd was Okay.

Melt bannana was cool. Loud but cool. Pwople were fairly respectful. Some drunk ass behind me was yelling during melt bannana. He kept calling her a "female carrottop on acid". Whatever the hell that meant. I'd like to see them in a smaller club.

Now to tool. I saw them in Oklahoma city about a month ago so that is what I can compare to. Overall sound was better in okc, and I was sitting ten feet from the soundboard here in the lou. But It was not bad. I think they change Maynards vocal settings for different songs and sometimes They dont get it right at the begining of the next song(like at the begining of lat.).I think justin broke a string tword the end and danny and adam kind of improvised a bit. Maynard was into it. DANNY IS AMAZING. And Justin and Adam make sounds come out of their instruments you just dont think they can make. It is cool to listen to the cd and wonder how the sounds are made and then go see them and realized you were wrong. Great band.

Did anyone see the water bottle fly at Justin about a minute into Jambi? Luckiily Nard was facing the other way.

All in all it was a great show. I got to hear two songs I didn't hear in okc.(the pot, and vicarious.) They can do without vicarious as the closer. Aenima or lat. should be their closers. Although the lasers in vicarious were crazy. We didnt get them on that scale in okc.

Highlights- Right in two, Wings, 46&2, and the pot.

Lowlights- drunkards, security(turn the flashlight out if you don't need it), And falling on my ass trying to be a nice guy and climbing over two rows of seats instead of making people stand up.Who knew they folded? Damn that hurt, and the lights were on so I had quite the audience laughing. Oh well, like I said great show.

Oh what did maynard say right before lat.? I couldn't make it out but it seemed like a fairly long speach.

Last edited by rll; 06-23-2007 at 05:49 AM..
OFFLINE |  
i love shelee
06-23-2007, 06:13 AM

great show I hate when fans post the setlist not knowing what your going to hear that night is halh the fun
Old 06-23-2007, 06:13 AM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

great show I hate when fans post the setlist not knowing what your going to hear that night is halh the fun
OFFLINE |  
josephad462
06-23-2007, 07:04 AM

My first Tool show, and I was not disappointed. Lights and lasers were crazy!! 46&2 was my personal favorite of the night. The only negative was that they did not play Aenima. It would have been the perfect closer.

Oh yeah, Danny Carey is mind blowing.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:04 AM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

My first Tool show, and I was not disappointed. Lights and lasers were crazy!! 46&2 was my personal favorite of the night. The only negative was that they did not play Aenima. It would have been the perfect closer.

Oh yeah, Danny Carey is mind blowing.
OFFLINE |  
Permanent Eden
06-23-2007, 07:40 AM

Ok here's a more coherent review.

Melt Banana - They had great energy and were really into their music. the problem was the instruments drowned out the lead singer. You could tell she was singing and could even hear her voice but we had no clue was she was saying. It just sounded like mumbling. The music itself was actually not half bad. I would've like to have been able to hear the lead better though.

Jambi - Wow, what else can you say about one of the more intense songs from 10,000 days. Maynard was really into it too. He did the famous hat dance and also was doing the "thrust" quite a bit.

Stinkfist - It was great, especially the extended part. It did sound like the crowd started to sing "I'll Keep..." but they stopped pretty quickly once they realized it wasn't at that point in the song yet. I think it's really interesting that Maynard leaves the stage during the extended solos.

The Pot - It sounded really good live. I didn't make out any straining of Maynard's voice so that was a major plus. I was so excited they were actually playing it I forgot what happened for the first couple minutes of the song. Good listen but nothing really spectacular (except for Danny's usual godlike performance).

46 & 2 - This was the song the crowd seemed to be the most into. For good reason. As someone said above it was one of the best songs of the night. Started out subdued and then kicked into a full on frenzy near the middle and end. The song rocked me and most everyone around me.

Schism - Somewhat like The Pot in terms of earth shattering. It was good and the extended portion again was incredible. But it just wasn't as crowd inducing as 46 & 2. Not sure why cuz I was beyond psyched for it.

Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned - Wow, I didn't know anyone could talk that fast. It was amazing how fast Maynard was going. It was better than I expected it to be. The "singing" parts were really good. I kind of wish we would have been able to hear Maynard a little more clearly. We could hear him going but couldn't make out the lyrics. Since he was going so fast it was kind of hard to tell where he was in the song. The visuals were really trippy as was expected.

Intension/Right In Two - I'm not sure if people knew what song this was at first (during Intension). I got the feeling by looking at the floor they were unsure what to do. They kind of just stood there and looked around. But once it kicked into Right in Two they got going. The beginning of the song was slow and almost soothing. Then the guys went off. The portion of the song "fight for the love..." was outstanding. All 4 of them blew it out of the water. I have a new appreciation for that song.

Wings For Marie/10,000 Days - The lasers were unbelievable. I was looking around a lot to see all the effects. I wasn't high or drunk but during that song I felt high. It was just an unreal experience. The two girls in front of me were trying to dance and couldn't find the rhythm. When I say dance I mean grind on each other.I thought that was kind of funny. When maynard sang "Give me my wings!" the lasers moved and the back screen dropped the 10,000 Days album artwork. I can't describe how amazing that part was.

Lateralus - My personal favorite song. I'm not sure why but the crowd seemed out of it for most of the song. The people next to me even left right as it was going on. I thought the Melt Banana drummer (I'm guessing) on the bongos was really cool. It added something to the song. Danny Carey is once again no mortal man. He was crazy during the extended part. It seemed nearly perfect to me. I couldn't have asked for a better rendition.

Vicarious - Right as Justin started to play Maynard told him "Justin hold on. Someone wants me to listen to this demo. I'll be back in 10 minutes after I listen to this fuckin demo....(crowd boos) ok nevermind." He hadn't been very talkative but it was nice to see he sort of shrugged that off. He held the mic out to the crowd to sing "Vicariously I Live While the Whole World Dies". The first half of that line was inaudible cuz I'm not sure the crowd knew what he was doing. Then it got louder and you could make out the lyrics from the crowd. He finished "Much Better You Than I" and it was great. He also sang the la-la-la-la-la-lie towards the end of that part of the song.

They finished and the crowd went crazy of course. It was really loud in there. I'm still trying to get my hearing back. This is when I wished I could've gotten floor seats. They start throwing anything and everything to the front rows. Danny's drum sticks, water bottles, and it looked like Danny took the covers (not sure what they're called) off his drums and frisbeed them into the crowd. Then they shared a group hug and applauded the crowd.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:40 AM   #21
Level 3 - Talker

Ok here's a more coherent review.

Melt Banana - They had great energy and were really into their music. the problem was the instruments drowned out the lead singer. You could tell she was singing and could even hear her voice but we had no clue was she was saying. It just sounded like mumbling. The music itself was actually not half bad. I would've like to have been able to hear the lead better though.

Jambi - Wow, what else can you say about one of the more intense songs from 10,000 days. Maynard was really into it too. He did the famous hat dance and also was doing the "thrust" quite a bit.

Stinkfist - It was great, especially the extended part. It did sound like the crowd started to sing "I'll Keep..." but they stopped pretty quickly once they realized it wasn't at that point in the song yet. I think it's really interesting that Maynard leaves the stage during the extended solos.

The Pot - It sounded really good live. I didn't make out any straining of Maynard's voice so that was a major plus. I was so excited they were actually playing it I forgot what happened for the first couple minutes of the song. Good listen but nothing really spectacular (except for Danny's usual godlike performance).

46 & 2 - This was the song the crowd seemed to be the most into. For good reason. As someone said above it was one of the best songs of the night. Started out subdued and then kicked into a full on frenzy near the middle and end. The song rocked me and most everyone around me.

Schism - Somewhat like The Pot in terms of earth shattering. It was good and the extended portion again was incredible. But it just wasn't as crowd inducing as 46 & 2. Not sure why cuz I was beyond psyched for it.

Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned - Wow, I didn't know anyone could talk that fast. It was amazing how fast Maynard was going. It was better than I expected it to be. The "singing" parts were really good. I kind of wish we would have been able to hear Maynard a little more clearly. We could hear him going but couldn't make out the lyrics. Since he was going so fast it was kind of hard to tell where he was in the song. The visuals were really trippy as was expected.

Intension/Right In Two - I'm not sure if people knew what song this was at first (during Intension). I got the feeling by looking at the floor they were unsure what to do. They kind of just stood there and looked around. But once it kicked into Right in Two they got going. The beginning of the song was slow and almost soothing. Then the guys went off. The portion of the song "fight for the love..." was outstanding. All 4 of them blew it out of the water. I have a new appreciation for that song.

Wings For Marie/10,000 Days - The lasers were unbelievable. I was looking around a lot to see all the effects. I wasn't high or drunk but during that song I felt high. It was just an unreal experience. The two girls in front of me were trying to dance and couldn't find the rhythm. When I say dance I mean grind on each other.I thought that was kind of funny. When maynard sang "Give me my wings!" the lasers moved and the back screen dropped the 10,000 Days album artwork. I can't describe how amazing that part was.

Lateralus - My personal favorite song. I'm not sure why but the crowd seemed out of it for most of the song. The people next to me even left right as it was going on. I thought the Melt Banana drummer (I'm guessing) on the bongos was really cool. It added something to the song. Danny Carey is once again no mortal man. He was crazy during the extended part. It seemed nearly perfect to me. I couldn't have asked for a better rendition.

Vicarious - Right as Justin started to play Maynard told him "Justin hold on. Someone wants me to listen to this demo. I'll be back in 10 minutes after I listen to this fuckin demo....(crowd boos) ok nevermind." He hadn't been very talkative but it was nice to see he sort of shrugged that off. He held the mic out to the crowd to sing "Vicariously I Live While the Whole World Dies". The first half of that line was inaudible cuz I'm not sure the crowd knew what he was doing. Then it got louder and you could make out the lyrics from the crowd. He finished "Much Better You Than I" and it was great. He also sang the la-la-la-la-la-lie towards the end of that part of the song.

They finished and the crowd went crazy of course. It was really loud in there. I'm still trying to get my hearing back. This is when I wished I could've gotten floor seats. They start throwing anything and everything to the front rows. Danny's drum sticks, water bottles, and it looked like Danny took the covers (not sure what they're called) off his drums and frisbeed them into the crowd. Then they shared a group hug and applauded the crowd.
OFFLINE |  
kungfool
06-23-2007, 08:37 AM

Amazing show...I was in the 4th row...and whoever above said that no one in the first 5 rows EVER stood up...I have to say that no one ever sat down and you need glasses.

Anyway, best show I've ever seen, best TOOL show out of 8 that I've seen...flawless. The other guy above who said Adam BLEW it...he was merely biding time as one of the techs fixed Danny's high hat. Actually very professional.

The set was great, nice that they played The Pot. Rosetta Stoned was fucking amazing, as was Stinkfist (love that extended jam where Danny plays the pads at the end right before they break back in, goosebumps every time).
Old 06-23-2007, 08:37 AM   #22
Level 3 - Talker

Amazing show...I was in the 4th row...and whoever above said that no one in the first 5 rows EVER stood up...I have to say that no one ever sat down and you need glasses.

Anyway, best show I've ever seen, best TOOL show out of 8 that I've seen...flawless. The other guy above who said Adam BLEW it...he was merely biding time as one of the techs fixed Danny's high hat. Actually very professional.

The set was great, nice that they played The Pot. Rosetta Stoned was fucking amazing, as was Stinkfist (love that extended jam where Danny plays the pads at the end right before they break back in, goosebumps every time).
OFFLINE |  
Lamb & Martyr^'s Avatar Lamb & Martyr^
06-23-2007, 08:50 AM

Amazing show. I was stoked when I heard them go into The Pot. Wish we could have had Pushit or Flood, but Right in Two sounded great. The band sounded amazing. Thanks to the guy that threw the tape on stage.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:50 AM   #23
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 6

Amazing show. I was stoked when I heard them go into The Pot. Wish we could have had Pushit or Flood, but Right in Two sounded great. The band sounded amazing. Thanks to the guy that threw the tape on stage.
06-23-2007, 09:47 AM

The show was awesome. I though the vocals were a little low most of the time. Actually, the guitars were a little hot, because alot of the intricate drumming was drowned out as well. This was more noticable in the quiet parts of songs to me, once everyone started rocking, the sound was dead on. I think they played the little snippet of Prison sex at 2 different times, and agree that Ions was in there a little as well, as posted above. The CD at the end was completely stupid, I kind of thought Maynard might end it there, but I don't think they were going to play Aenima anyway as Vicarious started well after 11pm. (I think there's got to be some law or Union thing b/c I have rarely seem ANY concert go past 11pm in STL.) Agree with other posts that a CD on stage is not cool, but come on, its a rock show, deal with it. They got a sold out arena of people paying $45-65 a ticket, they shouldn't let 1 or 2 idiots ruin it for everyone. Lasers during wings were fantastic, like shardes of glass rotating in the air with clouds projected onto them. Wicked awesome. My friend has seen lots of shows, including Rush with their own lasers and fire breathing dragon, and he said this Tool show blew anything he'd seen away. I'd buy a DVD of this tour anyday of the week if they ever put one out. I thought the crowd was loud, the band was loud, just a fantastic show. I could barely hear myself talk. Can't say I'd drive to another city to maybe see 1 or 2 different songs, but I'd see them again here if they came back later this year or next.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:47 AM   #24
Level 2 - Poster

The show was awesome. I though the vocals were a little low most of the time. Actually, the guitars were a little hot, because alot of the intricate drumming was drowned out as well. This was more noticable in the quiet parts of songs to me, once everyone started rocking, the sound was dead on. I think they played the little snippet of Prison sex at 2 different times, and agree that Ions was in there a little as well, as posted above. The CD at the end was completely stupid, I kind of thought Maynard might end it there, but I don't think they were going to play Aenima anyway as Vicarious started well after 11pm. (I think there's got to be some law or Union thing b/c I have rarely seem ANY concert go past 11pm in STL.) Agree with other posts that a CD on stage is not cool, but come on, its a rock show, deal with it. They got a sold out arena of people paying $45-65 a ticket, they shouldn't let 1 or 2 idiots ruin it for everyone. Lasers during wings were fantastic, like shardes of glass rotating in the air with clouds projected onto them. Wicked awesome. My friend has seen lots of shows, including Rush with their own lasers and fire breathing dragon, and he said this Tool show blew anything he'd seen away. I'd buy a DVD of this tour anyday of the week if they ever put one out. I thought the crowd was loud, the band was loud, just a fantastic show. I could barely hear myself talk. Can't say I'd drive to another city to maybe see 1 or 2 different songs, but I'd see them again here if they came back later this year or next.
OFFLINE |  
BadBrainz
06-23-2007, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey6719 View Post
Cool, my band is playing the Big Muddy (phatnoiz)--see you there!

Last night was huge for me as I FINALLY got to see these guys live. I've been a major fan since Undertow, but never got around to seeing them live. I'm still in utter shock. What a mind-blowing performance. The wall of sound, the stage show and lighting (LASERS!!!!!), and the whole Tool attitude (Maynard shunning the spotlight, the monstrous Danny Carey), were all intensely gratifying.

The set lists above are, indeed correct, and I agree that I heard the pickslides from "Prison Sex" prior to Vicarious.

And Tool played the same venue 6 years ago, I think, Mikey.

Easily the greatest rock show I've ever seen--bar none.

PS--the only unruliness I saw (from section 109, dead center from the stage, halfway up the wall seats) was a few asshats throwing shit from the upper level, including some wizard that flicked a few lit cigarettes down. I sincerely hope he was beaten with his own shoe for that shit.

W.

Last edited by BadBrainz; 06-23-2007 at 11:26 AM..
Old 06-23-2007, 11:18 AM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey6719 View Post
Cool, my band is playing the Big Muddy (phatnoiz)--see you there!

Last night was huge for me as I FINALLY got to see these guys live. I've been a major fan since Undertow, but never got around to seeing them live. I'm still in utter shock. What a mind-blowing performance. The wall of sound, the stage show and lighting (LASERS!!!!!), and the whole Tool attitude (Maynard shunning the spotlight, the monstrous Danny Carey), were all intensely gratifying.

The set lists above are, indeed correct, and I agree that I heard the pickslides from "Prison Sex" prior to Vicarious.

And Tool played the same venue 6 years ago, I think, Mikey.

Easily the greatest rock show I've ever seen--bar none.

PS--the only unruliness I saw (from section 109, dead center from the stage, halfway up the wall seats) was a few asshats throwing shit from the upper level, including some wizard that flicked a few lit cigarettes down. I sincerely hope he was beaten with his own shoe for that shit.

W.

Last edited by BadBrainz; 06-23-2007 at 11:26 AM..
OFFLINE |  
toolhead777
06-23-2007, 11:21 AM

Well another tool show my 16th and it was amazing! I thought the sound was a little off in the beginning but it was fixed later. The pot was a surprise and justin was awesome. What was up with that girl in the back of the floor with the podium and her back to the stage dancing around? I must say there was alot of hot ladies at this show almost as good as Vegas last year. Who was the guy on stage during rosetta that was standing in front of Danny? I love that song live. I'm happy to see another show and was praying they would play something different but I have come to realize that every show I see no matter what they play is special because it wont be long before tool disappears and no more live shows. I also enjoyed right in 2. I saw it at the warm up show in Chicago and in Ft Worth TX I was in the beer line during this song so it was nice to get the full affect again. Danny's part at the end of this song is the best. He can really beat the sh!t out of those cymbols. Lateralus was powerful and the best sond they played. Not sure why alot of people booed at the end. 2 more shows this tour and then thats it for me. Until next time...
7/19/98 WI, 9/8/01 IN, 9/9/01 IL, 10/20/01 IA, 7/19/02 NV, 8/29/02 IL, 9/1/02 WI, 9/7/02 IL, 10/18/02 MI, 11/24/02 CA, 5/13/06 IL, 9/1/06 NV, 9/16/06 MN, 9/18/06 IL, 5/16/07 TX, 6/22/07 MO, 6/27/07 IL, 7/4/07 WI

Last edited by toolhead777; 06-23-2007 at 04:34 PM..
Old 06-23-2007, 11:21 AM   #26
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Well another tool show my 16th and it was amazing! I thought the sound was a little off in the beginning but it was fixed later. The pot was a surprise and justin was awesome. What was up with that girl in the back of the floor with the podium and her back to the stage dancing around? I must say there was alot of hot ladies at this show almost as good as Vegas last year. Who was the guy on stage during rosetta that was standing in front of Danny? I love that song live. I'm happy to see another show and was praying they would play something different but I have come to realize that every show I see no matter what they play is special because it wont be long before tool disappears and no more live shows. I also enjoyed right in 2. I saw it at the warm up show in Chicago and in Ft Worth TX I was in the beer line during this song so it was nice to get the full affect again. Danny's part at the end of this song is the best. He can really beat the sh!t out of those cymbols. Lateralus was powerful and the best sond they played. Not sure why alot of people booed at the end. 2 more shows this tour and then thats it for me. Until next time...
7/19/98 WI, 9/8/01 IN, 9/9/01 IL, 10/20/01 IA, 7/19/02 NV, 8/29/02 IL, 9/1/02 WI, 9/7/02 IL, 10/18/02 MI, 11/24/02 CA, 5/13/06 IL, 9/1/06 NV, 9/16/06 MN, 9/18/06 IL, 5/16/07 TX, 6/22/07 MO, 6/27/07 IL, 7/4/07 WI

Last edited by toolhead777; 06-23-2007 at 04:34 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Torthlert's Avatar Torthlert
06-23-2007, 12:12 PM

Great Show, as is usually the case with this monsterous band.

4th Tool show.

Overall, great show.

However, three things occured which I've never seen at a TOOL show:

1. Danny lost the beat during one of the earlier songs, for a BRIEF moment (no one else I was with noticed).

2. Danny lost the beat during a few minutes through Vicarious (for about 2 measures).

3. Danny dropped his sticks during Vicarious, and actually looked a tad bit pathetic for a brief instant as he scrambled to grab two other sticks in the middle of the tune. It was nice to know that he's actually human for one show.

Danny also gave an "I dunno!?!?" face/shrug to Adam right after the Lateralus Breakdown w/ Melt Banana. I sort of felt the same way, after seeing danny's Multidimensional, Alien, Super-human Solo during Lateralus in Wichita on 05/11/2007.

Great show. I've just never seen Danny lose it, even ONCE. However, he still is the reigning champ of the current world of Rock drumming, FOR SURE.

This was the best Rosetta Stoned I've ever seen them do.

And to the guy/girl who threw the demo on stage: unneccesary.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:12 PM   #27
Level 4 - Thinker

Great Show, as is usually the case with this monsterous band.

4th Tool show.

Overall, great show.

However, three things occured which I've never seen at a TOOL show:

1. Danny lost the beat during one of the earlier songs, for a BRIEF moment (no one else I was with noticed).

2. Danny lost the beat during a few minutes through Vicarious (for about 2 measures).

3. Danny dropped his sticks during Vicarious, and actually looked a tad bit pathetic for a brief instant as he scrambled to grab two other sticks in the middle of the tune. It was nice to know that he's actually human for one show.

Danny also gave an "I dunno!?!?" face/shrug to Adam right after the Lateralus Breakdown w/ Melt Banana. I sort of felt the same way, after seeing danny's Multidimensional, Alien, Super-human Solo during Lateralus in Wichita on 05/11/2007.

Great show. I've just never seen Danny lose it, even ONCE. However, he still is the reigning champ of the current world of Rock drumming, FOR SURE.

This was the best Rosetta Stoned I've ever seen them do.

And to the guy/girl who threw the demo on stage: unneccesary.
06-23-2007, 12:22 PM

The lady in the back was for sign language. I liked the show, I'd watch them again if they came. I must be one of the few people who didn't like the way 46&2 sounded but it's still a great song and I'm glad I got to hear it.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:22 PM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

The lady in the back was for sign language. I liked the show, I'd watch them again if they came. I must be one of the few people who didn't like the way 46&2 sounded but it's still a great song and I'm glad I got to hear it.
OFFLINE |  
Ophelya
06-23-2007, 01:25 PM

Amazing show. I went to Cape to see them there, too. I was glad to hear The Pot live again [hadn't heard it since last year in KC].

I was disappointed when they played the very beginning of Prison Sex, but then went on into Vicarious. This tour was the first time I've seen them live and I'd love to see some of their older stuff before they retire for good. *knock on wood*

Other than that... zero complaints. I'd love to see them once more on this tour if I can afford a road trip...
Old 06-23-2007, 01:25 PM   #29
Level 3 - Talker

Amazing show. I went to Cape to see them there, too. I was glad to hear The Pot live again [hadn't heard it since last year in KC].

I was disappointed when they played the very beginning of Prison Sex, but then went on into Vicarious. This tour was the first time I've seen them live and I'd love to see some of their older stuff before they retire for good. *knock on wood*

Other than that... zero complaints. I'd love to see them once more on this tour if I can afford a road trip...
06-23-2007, 01:56 PM

are you guys sure the prison sex tease was before Vicarious? I could've sworn it was before Lateralus.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:56 PM   #30
Level 3 - Talker

are you guys sure the prison sex tease was before Vicarious? I could've sworn it was before Lateralus.
OFFLINE |  
julacious-p
06-23-2007, 03:21 PM

I agree with the guy that says fuck Peoria. That was the worst Tool show I've seen, so I'm glad that my friend forced me to go this one at the last minute. But yeah, awesome show. I loved the Pot. Does anyone remember Maynard saying something about "this one's for all the hippies" or something like that? Well, I do. ha But seriously, did anyone notice how Maynard was constantly looking over towards his left all night long? I swear he was looking right at me and my friend. It was like he singing with me and dancing with me rather than to me or for me. And I wasn't on drugs so I didn't imagine it. lol Seriously, we even asked people after the show if they noticed him looking over that way and they said yes. Craziest experience. And when he was thanking the crowd he turned towards us (section 126, next to the right screen) and says "and thank you people". He was looking right at me. WOW! I fucking love this band.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:21 PM   #31
Level 2 - Poster

I agree with the guy that says fuck Peoria. That was the worst Tool show I've seen, so I'm glad that my friend forced me to go this one at the last minute. But yeah, awesome show. I loved the Pot. Does anyone remember Maynard saying something about "this one's for all the hippies" or something like that? Well, I do. ha But seriously, did anyone notice how Maynard was constantly looking over towards his left all night long? I swear he was looking right at me and my friend. It was like he singing with me and dancing with me rather than to me or for me. And I wasn't on drugs so I didn't imagine it. lol Seriously, we even asked people after the show if they noticed him looking over that way and they said yes. Craziest experience. And when he was thanking the crowd he turned towards us (section 126, next to the right screen) and says "and thank you people". He was looking right at me. WOW! I fucking love this band.
OFFLINE |  
KJS955
06-23-2007, 03:32 PM

This was my second time seeing TOOL on the 10K Days tour.

Melt Banana was much better than I was expecting. They were at least extremely entertaining to watch... especially their guitarist. He was cracking me up. At one point, the singer said something like "You will all enjoy their show", talking about Tool. However, I think most of the crowd thought she said "our show" because there was a lack of enthusiasm from everyone. Then she put her hands up to her ears because I think she expected everyone to freak out when she mentioned Tool playing. A lot of people thought she was wanting them to cheer louder for Melt Banana and I was worried people would start booing. Luckily, people were respectful and clapped. I heard occasion boos throughout their set though. In my opinion, they were very fun to watch.

On to Tool...

Before Jambi started, Maynard got up on his riser and wiggled his fingers towards both sides of him and then in the center. I don't really know what he was doing, haha.

Jambi: I was afraid Jambi wouldn't be a very good opener but I was very wrong. They all sounded great and Maynard seemed to be enjoying himself. He came out with his neon orange Puscifer sweatshirt on but immediately removed it (as well as his cowboy hat) about 10 seconds into Jambi. Our seats were very close and I brought binoculars so I was able to see that he is sporting a mustache/goatee. He was doing his usual bull riding dance and the crowd seemed to really enjoy it. I don't know how he leans back that far without falling over. Justin was humping the air with his bass as soon as the song started. I laugh everytime I see him thrusting back and forth while he's playing. All in all, Jambi was very good.

Stinkfist: Before Stinkfist started, Maynard said something like "Good evening, St Louis". My boyfriend and I both thought that Stinkfist is the best opening song. They opened with Stinkfist when we saw them in KC last Fall and it was really good. However, Stinkfist was really great tonight too. It was really cool because we were so close and could see Danny counting off the beat. Maynard was watching him count and did a back kick when the song started. He kept kicking back on the downbeat for a little bit. The extended part of Stinkfist was really cool. However, my favorite part of the song was when Maynard did his normal "What?!" scream followed by a Lil Jon-styled "Okaaaay!". I don't think most of the crowd noticed it. However, instead of saying "I'll Keep Digging....", Maynard changed the words and I have NO idea what he said. If anyone was able to figure that out, please let me know!

Before The Pot, we were able to see Danny pull up his foot and show Maynard something. We don't know if he had a rock in his shoe or a blister or what? Maynard seemed to think it was quite funny though.

The Pot: I really wasn't expecting them to play this. Maynard started out the beginning on a much lower octave but his voice didn't sound strained. Justin was really enjoying the song. There wasn't much to say about The Pot. It sounded great and I had no idea Danny played so fast in the song.

46&2: The crowd got SUPER excited when this song started. It wasn't my favorite song of the night but it still sounded really good. Danny's drumming was really fun to watch.

Schism: I think the set list order should be rearranged because it felt weird to have those high energy songs and then go to Schism. It kinda shifts the mood a little bit. However, that doesn't mean I didn't love Schism. The extended part was great and I loved seeing Adam and Justin count to each other. The best part was seeing Adam semi-bob his head with his silly little pigtails.

Rosetta Stoned: Started out with Lost Keys which I enjoy. Rosetta Stoned was really fun and Maynard has sped up his lyrics A LOT. He goes super fast and then really slows down the "Hoooooly Fuuuuckiiiin Shiiiiiit" to stay on the beat with everyone else. I get the impression that Maynard speeds it up so much so he can kinda flub the lyrics. Really fun song though. At one point, Maynard started doing this robotic clap movement towards the audience so everyone was clapping with the beat. Watching Danny drum during the song was insane.

Intension/Right In Two: It took a long time for the crowd to realize what was being played. I knew Right In Two was coming because I had seen previous set lists and knew they played The Pot when they played RIT. Intension was nice and Right In Two was really great. The last few minutes of music during the song were amazing, especially the drumming.

After Right In Two, they all sat on the riser and Justin did his usual lighter thing. The whole Scottrade Center was lit up, it was insane. The lighter thing happened at the KC show I attended, but it wasn't nearly as light as last night's was. It was as if someone had turned on the lights in the room. Danny iced his arm and then threw the ice in the crowd. Then he swung his towel around his head.

Wings for Marie/10,000 Days: Everyone always seems to really enjoy this part of the show. While I agree that it is a good song(s) and the lasers are cool, I enjoy songs like Stinkfist more. However, I finally noticed the clouds in the lasers and that was definitely cool. I also enjoyed when the white curtain fell at the wings part of "Give me my WINGS" and revealed the Alex Grey art. Justin was sitting down during this song on a little stool and it had the word TOOL on the back of it.

Between these songs, there was the Prison Sex tease. I had read the reviews so I knew not to get my hopes up.

Lateralus: I think Lateralus is a GREAT song live. They sounded really good and at one point, Maynard said "Come on out here, Wes, you fuckin' hippie" and then some middle-aged guy came out there and played the bongos. Then Maynard introduced that fun guitarist from Melt Banana and he played over by Adam while Maynard left the stage. Danny started drumming really fast for a while while the guy named Wes was playing on the bongos. Justin was sitting on his knees watching them while he played his part. Adam took out his electric razor and was setting it on his strings every so often to make a cool noise. After a while though, Adam stopped doing his razor thing and just started watching the guitarist from Melt Banana play. Using my binoculars, I could see the expression on his face as he watched him and it was hilarious. He seemed absolutely fascinated and enthralled by the guitarist. He just stood and stared at him. Then Maynard came back out and they finished up the song.

After Lateralus, Maynard thanked Melt Banana, Wes, and then he thanked all of us for "taking a minute to come down there and watch them rock out". When he said that, Danny hit the drums as if Maynard had made a joke. Right before they started Vicarious, someone threw a CD up on stage. Maynard got down from his riser and picked it up. Justin was about to start Vicarious but Maynard said "No, Justin, wait. Someone doesn't want us to play, they want us to listen to their fuckin' demo. I'll be back in 10 minutes because I've gotta listen to this fuckin' demo". Then the crowd booed and Maynard said "...nevermind" and they started Vicarious.

Vicarious: I wish they would close with Lateralus instead of this. Surprisingly, the crowd got more pumped when this started than Lateralus. I do NOT think Danny dropped his sticks during this song. I had seats right by him and I saw him play during Vicarious. He took his sticks and threw each one in the air towards the crowd while he played. So perhaps that is why the person mentioned earlier that he/she saw him scramble for more sticks. Maynard did sing "La La La La La La Lie" but not "Vicariously I, live while the whole world dies". He did finish it thought with "Much better you than I".

After they finished that, they did a group hug, threw sticks/bottles/etc and thanked the crowd. Justin gave each part of the arena a "thumbs up" and Adam did a funny arm motion at one point. Maynard exited pretty quickly and Danny was the last one to leave. When it was only Danny on stage, the volume of the crowd went significantly higher and you could tell that Danny noticed it because he blew kisses to all of us as he walked off the stage.

I'm sorry this review is so long. When I read reviews from other shows, I always want as many details as possible so I tried to do that here for other people. Overall, I thought the show was GREAT and that they all sounded GREAT.

Now on the my personal favorite part of the show:

Before Melt Banana came on, my boyfriend and I were just sitting in our seats hanging out. We were in Section 101, which was on Danny/Justin's side. We were in row J and had a great view. When Justin was up on stage, I would say we were 20 feet from him. Anyway, so we were sitting there and it was about 7:20, and we saw some people on the floor walk past some security guards. We followed them with our eyes and saw ADAM standing right there by the side of the stage waiting for them. I was so excited that my boyfriend and I ran across our row toward him. I leaned over the railing and said "Hi, Adam!" and he looked up and gave his signature Adam Jones smile and said "Hi". It may not sound like a big deal but it totally made my night. The people around us had no idea that they just missed getting to speak to him. All I could think about all night was that Adam looked up at us specifically and said hi. Anyway, it was a great night!
Old 06-23-2007, 03:32 PM   #32
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my second time seeing TOOL on the 10K Days tour.

Melt Banana was much better than I was expecting. They were at least extremely entertaining to watch... especially their guitarist. He was cracking me up. At one point, the singer said something like "You will all enjoy their show", talking about Tool. However, I think most of the crowd thought she said "our show" because there was a lack of enthusiasm from everyone. Then she put her hands up to her ears because I think she expected everyone to freak out when she mentioned Tool playing. A lot of people thought she was wanting them to cheer louder for Melt Banana and I was worried people would start booing. Luckily, people were respectful and clapped. I heard occasion boos throughout their set though. In my opinion, they were very fun to watch.

On to Tool...

Before Jambi started, Maynard got up on his riser and wiggled his fingers towards both sides of him and then in the center. I don't really know what he was doing, haha.

Jambi: I was afraid Jambi wouldn't be a very good opener but I was very wrong. They all sounded great and Maynard seemed to be enjoying himself. He came out with his neon orange Puscifer sweatshirt on but immediately removed it (as well as his cowboy hat) about 10 seconds into Jambi. Our seats were very close and I brought binoculars so I was able to see that he is sporting a mustache/goatee. He was doing his usual bull riding dance and the crowd seemed to really enjoy it. I don't know how he leans back that far without falling over. Justin was humping the air with his bass as soon as the song started. I laugh everytime I see him thrusting back and forth while he's playing. All in all, Jambi was very good.

Stinkfist: Before Stinkfist started, Maynard said something like "Good evening, St Louis". My boyfriend and I both thought that Stinkfist is the best opening song. They opened with Stinkfist when we saw them in KC last Fall and it was really good. However, Stinkfist was really great tonight too. It was really cool because we were so close and could see Danny counting off the beat. Maynard was watching him count and did a back kick when the song started. He kept kicking back on the downbeat for a little bit. The extended part of Stinkfist was really cool. However, my favorite part of the song was when Maynard did his normal "What?!" scream followed by a Lil Jon-styled "Okaaaay!". I don't think most of the crowd noticed it. However, instead of saying "I'll Keep Digging....", Maynard changed the words and I have NO idea what he said. If anyone was able to figure that out, please let me know!

Before The Pot, we were able to see Danny pull up his foot and show Maynard something. We don't know if he had a rock in his shoe or a blister or what? Maynard seemed to think it was quite funny though.

The Pot: I really wasn't expecting them to play this. Maynard started out the beginning on a much lower octave but his voice didn't sound strained. Justin was really enjoying the song. There wasn't much to say about The Pot. It sounded great and I had no idea Danny played so fast in the song.

46&2: The crowd got SUPER excited when this song started. It wasn't my favorite song of the night but it still sounded really good. Danny's drumming was really fun to watch.

Schism: I think the set list order should be rearranged because it felt weird to have those high energy songs and then go to Schism. It kinda shifts the mood a little bit. However, that doesn't mean I didn't love Schism. The extended part was great and I loved seeing Adam and Justin count to each other. The best part was seeing Adam semi-bob his head with his silly little pigtails.

Rosetta Stoned: Started out with Lost Keys which I enjoy. Rosetta Stoned was really fun and Maynard has sped up his lyrics A LOT. He goes super fast and then really slows down the "Hoooooly Fuuuuckiiiin Shiiiiiit" to stay on the beat with everyone else. I get the impression that Maynard speeds it up so much so he can kinda flub the lyrics. Really fun song though. At one point, Maynard started doing this robotic clap movement towards the audience so everyone was clapping with the beat. Watching Danny drum during the song was insane.

Intension/Right In Two: It took a long time for the crowd to realize what was being played. I knew Right In Two was coming because I had seen previous set lists and knew they played The Pot when they played RIT. Intension was nice and Right In Two was really great. The last few minutes of music during the song were amazing, especially the drumming.

After Right In Two, they all sat on the riser and Justin did his usual lighter thing. The whole Scottrade Center was lit up, it was insane. The lighter thing happened at the KC show I attended, but it wasn't nearly as light as last night's was. It was as if someone had turned on the lights in the room. Danny iced his arm and then threw the ice in the crowd. Then he swung his towel around his head.

Wings for Marie/10,000 Days: Everyone always seems to really enjoy this part of the show. While I agree that it is a good song(s) and the lasers are cool, I enjoy songs like Stinkfist more. However, I finally noticed the clouds in the lasers and that was definitely cool. I also enjoyed when the white curtain fell at the wings part of "Give me my WINGS" and revealed the Alex Grey art. Justin was sitting down during this song on a little stool and it had the word TOOL on the back of it.

Between these songs, there was the Prison Sex tease. I had read the reviews so I knew not to get my hopes up.

Lateralus: I think Lateralus is a GREAT song live. They sounded really good and at one point, Maynard said "Come on out here, Wes, you fuckin' hippie" and then some middle-aged guy came out there and played the bongos. Then Maynard introduced that fun guitarist from Melt Banana and he played over by Adam while Maynard left the stage. Danny started drumming really fast for a while while the guy named Wes was playing on the bongos. Justin was sitting on his knees watching them while he played his part. Adam took out his electric razor and was setting it on his strings every so often to make a cool noise. After a while though, Adam stopped doing his razor thing and just started watching the guitarist from Melt Banana play. Using my binoculars, I could see the expression on his face as he watched him and it was hilarious. He seemed absolutely fascinated and enthralled by the guitarist. He just stood and stared at him. Then Maynard came back out and they finished up the song.

After Lateralus, Maynard thanked Melt Banana, Wes, and then he thanked all of us for "taking a minute to come down there and watch them rock out". When he said that, Danny hit the drums as if Maynard had made a joke. Right before they started Vicarious, someone threw a CD up on stage. Maynard got down from his riser and picked it up. Justin was about to start Vicarious but Maynard said "No, Justin, wait. Someone doesn't want us to play, they want us to listen to their fuckin' demo. I'll be back in 10 minutes because I've gotta listen to this fuckin' demo". Then the crowd booed and Maynard said "...nevermind" and they started Vicarious.

Vicarious: I wish they would close with Lateralus instead of this. Surprisingly, the crowd got more pumped when this started than Lateralus. I do NOT think Danny dropped his sticks during this song. I had seats right by him and I saw him play during Vicarious. He took his sticks and threw each one in the air towards the crowd while he played. So perhaps that is why the person mentioned earlier that he/she saw him scramble for more sticks. Maynard did sing "La La La La La La Lie" but not "Vicariously I, live while the whole world dies". He did finish it thought with "Much better you than I".

After they finished that, they did a group hug, threw sticks/bottles/etc and thanked the crowd. Justin gave each part of the arena a "thumbs up" and Adam did a funny arm motion at one point. Maynard exited pretty quickly and Danny was the last one to leave. When it was only Danny on stage, the volume of the crowd went significantly higher and you could tell that Danny noticed it because he blew kisses to all of us as he walked off the stage.

I'm sorry this review is so long. When I read reviews from other shows, I always want as many details as possible so I tried to do that here for other people. Overall, I thought the show was GREAT and that they all sounded GREAT.

Now on the my personal favorite part of the show:

Before Melt Banana came on, my boyfriend and I were just sitting in our seats hanging out. We were in Section 101, which was on Danny/Justin's side. We were in row J and had a great view. When Justin was up on stage, I would say we were 20 feet from him. Anyway, so we were sitting there and it was about 7:20, and we saw some people on the floor walk past some security guards. We followed them with our eyes and saw ADAM standing right there by the side of the stage waiting for them. I was so excited that my boyfriend and I ran across our row toward him. I leaned over the railing and said "Hi, Adam!" and he looked up and gave his signature Adam Jones smile and said "Hi". It may not sound like a big deal but it totally made my night. The people around us had no idea that they just missed getting to speak to him. All I could think about all night was that Adam looked up at us specifically and said hi. Anyway, it was a great night!
Toolfan#1's Avatar Toolfan#1
06-23-2007, 03:55 PM

This was my forth tool show that I have attended. It was just as good as the others but the crowd was superb at this show everybody was getting into it and The Pot was awesome live I have not heard that since September. My favorite is still Jambi I love that song as an opener and Rosetta Stoned.
Peace,
CB
Old 06-23-2007, 03:55 PM   #33
Level 4 - Thinker

This was my forth tool show that I have attended. It was just as good as the others but the crowd was superb at this show everybody was getting into it and The Pot was awesome live I have not heard that since September. My favorite is still Jambi I love that song as an opener and Rosetta Stoned.
Peace,
CB
06-23-2007, 07:06 PM

like always great show

There was a complication and my girlfriend couldn't go, but a friend from work bought her ticket and everything worked out great. Altough not a tool fan he may have become one after being blown away by the show.

We got there plenty early and were able to down a couple of those $9 24oz beers before melt banana came on.

on melt banana: I really had a hard time making up my mind about them. I really liked their guitar player a lot. The band was definetly doing their thing and were very tight all around. I singer sounded the same to me on every song and didn't make out one word she was saying, even when she was just talking. I'm trying to download some of their stuff to see how it sounds recorded. Some people were complaining about the guitar hurying their ears in previous posts i thought he kicked ass face mask and all.

downed another $9 24oz beer with a darvy between

-The whole crowd is always so amped when the band comes out it gives me chills.
-I am always impressed how the visuals have changed each time i've seen them on this tour.
-Really thought maynard was in a great mood last night. Adam seemed more into it than usual and danny and justin rocked on as always.
-What? the lyrics were changed in stinkfist, must not have heard over myself screaming the lyrics.
-Did anyone else notice the glow sticks being throw into the crowd from above? what was that about?
-Loved hearing the whole 10000 days album in one night (-lipan and viganti)
-A couple of complaints about the crowd
1. CD throwing guy don't do that even though i lead to a very funny moment Maynard:"let's take 10 min. and listen to this fuckin demo" Crowd: BOOOOOO! Maynard "....nevermind"
2 people fucking talking during and wings 1&2
-sound was bad where i was sitting (top of section 103) great view though
- who the fuck is wes? did not like his bongos, wish it would have just been a heart stoping danny carrey drum solo like i saw in southaven, ms
-would have much rather had no extended songs + aenima

Got lost trying to get back onto 64 east to go home and was dosing off the whole time home couldn't wait to get to bed.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:06 PM   #34
Level 3 - Talker

meltbanana/tool review

like always great show

There was a complication and my girlfriend couldn't go, but a friend from work bought her ticket and everything worked out great. Altough not a tool fan he may have become one after being blown away by the show.

We got there plenty early and were able to down a couple of those $9 24oz beers before melt banana came on.

on melt banana: I really had a hard time making up my mind about them. I really liked their guitar player a lot. The band was definetly doing their thing and were very tight all around. I singer sounded the same to me on every song and didn't make out one word she was saying, even when she was just talking. I'm trying to download some of their stuff to see how it sounds recorded. Some people were complaining about the guitar hurying their ears in previous posts i thought he kicked ass face mask and all.

downed another $9 24oz beer with a darvy between

-The whole crowd is always so amped when the band comes out it gives me chills.
-I am always impressed how the visuals have changed each time i've seen them on this tour.
-Really thought maynard was in a great mood last night. Adam seemed more into it than usual and danny and justin rocked on as always.
-What? the lyrics were changed in stinkfist, must not have heard over myself screaming the lyrics.
-Did anyone else notice the glow sticks being throw into the crowd from above? what was that about?
-Loved hearing the whole 10000 days album in one night (-lipan and viganti)
-A couple of complaints about the crowd
1. CD throwing guy don't do that even though i lead to a very funny moment Maynard:"let's take 10 min. and listen to this fuckin demo" Crowd: BOOOOOO! Maynard "....nevermind"
2 people fucking talking during and wings 1&2
-sound was bad where i was sitting (top of section 103) great view though
- who the fuck is wes? did not like his bongos, wish it would have just been a heart stoping danny carrey drum solo like i saw in southaven, ms
-would have much rather had no extended songs + aenima

Got lost trying to get back onto 64 east to go home and was dosing off the whole time home couldn't wait to get to bed.
06-23-2007, 07:11 PM

St. Louis I fucking Love You! Great show and what a wonderful way to wrap up my weeks vacation from work. Band was on fire, crowd was very respectful and I was very happy with the setlist. Nice to see The Pot again. I have to admit I'm pretty bummed to be back home again, wouldn't mind tagging along with the boys all summer, but I guess I have to pay the bills somehow, and although St. Louis is an awesome city, it's nice to be back in SD where I know where the fuck I'm going.

Anyway, the show, what else can I say, other than I had to chuckle at the end when the demo came on stage. to quote Maynard:

"Hey Justin, hold on, someone wants me to stop the show to listen to their fucking demo. Hold on, I'll be back in 10 minutes, I have to go listen to this demo."

Crowd: Boos

Maynard: "Never mind..."

Band jams back into vicarious.

Met some cool folks, saw an awesome fucking show, and made it home in one piece. The boys are still rockin' and hopefully this won't be the last show I see. Thanks to everyone at the venue who respected the band and rocked out with me.

Peace the fuck Out*

Wanted to add one thing, in Stinkfist where Maynard changed the Lyrics at the end, I didn't catch the first part, but the last line where he usually says "'Til I feel something," it sounded like he said "Cuz I feel it's Friday." Something like that. Anyway
Peace the fuck out, again*

Last edited by paraflux; 06-23-2007 at 07:28 PM..
Old 06-23-2007, 07:11 PM   #35
Level 4 - Thinker

St. Louis I fucking Love You! Great show and what a wonderful way to wrap up my weeks vacation from work. Band was on fire, crowd was very respectful and I was very happy with the setlist. Nice to see The Pot again. I have to admit I'm pretty bummed to be back home again, wouldn't mind tagging along with the boys all summer, but I guess I have to pay the bills somehow, and although St. Louis is an awesome city, it's nice to be back in SD where I know where the fuck I'm going.

Anyway, the show, what else can I say, other than I had to chuckle at the end when the demo came on stage. to quote Maynard:

"Hey Justin, hold on, someone wants me to stop the show to listen to their fucking demo. Hold on, I'll be back in 10 minutes, I have to go listen to this demo."

Crowd: Boos

Maynard: "Never mind..."

Band jams back into vicarious.

Met some cool folks, saw an awesome fucking show, and made it home in one piece. The boys are still rockin' and hopefully this won't be the last show I see. Thanks to everyone at the venue who respected the band and rocked out with me.

Peace the fuck Out*

Wanted to add one thing, in Stinkfist where Maynard changed the Lyrics at the end, I didn't catch the first part, but the last line where he usually says "'Til I feel something," it sounded like he said "Cuz I feel it's Friday." Something like that. Anyway
Peace the fuck out, again*

Last edited by paraflux; 06-23-2007 at 07:28 PM..
OFFLINE |  
hicksfan
06-24-2007, 07:47 AM

unbelievable show from the 3rd row. arguably the loudest concert i have ever attended. the band seemed to have a great time and i thought the well-behaved audience allowed for them to be in a good mood. right in two was absolutely fantastic live, just a wonderful show throughout. what a an excellent experience to be a part of.

thank you tool, thank you st. louis.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:47 AM   #36
Level 1 - Lurker

unbelievable show from the 3rd row. arguably the loudest concert i have ever attended. the band seemed to have a great time and i thought the well-behaved audience allowed for them to be in a good mood. right in two was absolutely fantastic live, just a wonderful show throughout. what a an excellent experience to be a part of.

thank you tool, thank you st. louis.
OFFLINE |  
Sum Fui Futurus
06-24-2007, 08:38 AM

This is a musicians review as a fan and critic. It was my first and will probably be my last Tool show. With that, I tried to appreciate the experiance in its entiredy. I did not buy a $40 dollar shirt or a $6 beer. I didn't have front row seats.

I figured MJK, Adam, Justin, & Danney would be tired by this point in the tour. At some points in the show they seemed a little fatuiged from the rigour of repetition, but it didn't seem to make any of the songs suck. I like how someone previously said "Maynard must have taken his Midol". I was thinking the same thing. Also, I was nervous Adam was gonna screw up or Maynardwas going to bust his ass while doing that Matrix crap. I guess it would be kind of funny, but self mutilating to see a few of your heroes show they too are just human. Justin basically laid on the floor most of the show. I thought about collecting the energy to try and appreciate Melt Banana, but took a piss instead. That guy who came out and played the Djembe sucked. Danny manipulated 16 thousand heartbeats with his tribal rhythm. All the while that guy on the Djembe made Melt Banana look even dumber. On a different note it was a complete positive experiance. Tool will have a place in my heart as long as it beats.

I was wondering if maybe Maynard wasn't comfortable singing because he wasn't signing very loud. Danny played every single fucking fucked up beat, time change, and lick I have ever aggressively recited and repeated through my head since my freshman year of high school. It feels so good to just close your eyes and feel the music live. To me, Tool has always seemed so "god-like". It fullfilling to have closure. My favorite song was schism. " Cold silence has a tendancy to atrophy any sence of compassion." Hearing him sing that, it felt like he was assuring me of something. Ok this isnt a review anymore sorry Im done. Good show!

Last edited by Sum Fui Futurus; 06-24-2007 at 08:45 AM..
Old 06-24-2007, 08:38 AM   #37
Level 1 - Lurker

This is a musicians review as a fan and critic. It was my first and will probably be my last Tool show. With that, I tried to appreciate the experiance in its entiredy. I did not buy a $40 dollar shirt or a $6 beer. I didn't have front row seats.

I figured MJK, Adam, Justin, & Danney would be tired by this point in the tour. At some points in the show they seemed a little fatuiged from the rigour of repetition, but it didn't seem to make any of the songs suck. I like how someone previously said "Maynard must have taken his Midol". I was thinking the same thing. Also, I was nervous Adam was gonna screw up or Maynardwas going to bust his ass while doing that Matrix crap. I guess it would be kind of funny, but self mutilating to see a few of your heroes show they too are just human. Justin basically laid on the floor most of the show. I thought about collecting the energy to try and appreciate Melt Banana, but took a piss instead. That guy who came out and played the Djembe sucked. Danny manipulated 16 thousand heartbeats with his tribal rhythm. All the while that guy on the Djembe made Melt Banana look even dumber. On a different note it was a complete positive experiance. Tool will have a place in my heart as long as it beats.

I was wondering if maybe Maynard wasn't comfortable singing because he wasn't signing very loud. Danny played every single fucking fucked up beat, time change, and lick I have ever aggressively recited and repeated through my head since my freshman year of high school. It feels so good to just close your eyes and feel the music live. To me, Tool has always seemed so "god-like". It fullfilling to have closure. My favorite song was schism. " Cold silence has a tendancy to atrophy any sence of compassion." Hearing him sing that, it felt like he was assuring me of something. Ok this isnt a review anymore sorry Im done. Good show!

Last edited by Sum Fui Futurus; 06-24-2007 at 08:45 AM..
OFFLINE |  
cantkeepmeaway's Avatar cantkeepmeaway
06-24-2007, 09:47 AM

Good show i was in sec 116 row k..the band was great but i guess i was just in a bad place cause nobody around me ever moved for the most part yeah a couple people here and their but from what i could see everybody was like stone not to mention the guy with binoculars in front of me the whole show which is cool but come on how interesting is maynards nose hair...anyways great show my 3rd and not the best Kc last year was better but still awesome except the crowd around me seemed bored but whatever i was movin the whole show..thanks st louis had a nice trip down to your city.

p.s. Lateralus is and will always be the highlight of the show
Old 06-24-2007, 09:47 AM   #38
On Probation

Bincount™: 55

Good show i was in sec 116 row k..the band was great but i guess i was just in a bad place cause nobody around me ever moved for the most part yeah a couple people here and their but from what i could see everybody was like stone not to mention the guy with binoculars in front of me the whole show which is cool but come on how interesting is maynards nose hair...anyways great show my 3rd and not the best Kc last year was better but still awesome except the crowd around me seemed bored but whatever i was movin the whole show..thanks st louis had a nice trip down to your city.

p.s. Lateralus is and will always be the highlight of the show
OFFLINE |  
donkeynorris
06-24-2007, 01:34 PM

That was my 7th tool show and I really enjoyed the entire show. I was sitting all the way up and back and the sound was still great back there. The sound was full and loud and well mixed. 46&2 completely rocked the whole place, along with stinkfist and lateralus.

I have no complaints at all about the show. I think this show was much better than when they played this arena last time. I'm glad the st. louis fans showed the band a well deserved long applause at the end of the show.

I think this was my favorite tool show that I've seen. I do miss the old days with a smaller venue and maynard front and center in his boxer shorts. But, the sound at this recent show was so loud and powerful and the sold out crowd helped make it a great experience.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:34 PM   #39
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 5

That was my 7th tool show and I really enjoyed the entire show. I was sitting all the way up and back and the sound was still great back there. The sound was full and loud and well mixed. 46&2 completely rocked the whole place, along with stinkfist and lateralus.

I have no complaints at all about the show. I think this show was much better than when they played this arena last time. I'm glad the st. louis fans showed the band a well deserved long applause at the end of the show.

I think this was my favorite tool show that I've seen. I do miss the old days with a smaller venue and maynard front and center in his boxer shorts. But, the sound at this recent show was so loud and powerful and the sold out crowd helped make it a great experience.
OFFLINE |  
dhughes53
06-24-2007, 01:44 PM

A very excellent show
I just got back to Atlanta, flew up to St. Louis to see this show after I was able to score a great seat released on TM a few days ago. I was not disappointed; this was an amazing performance, even better than the one I saw in Atlanta...if that's possible. The posted set list is accurate. The jam in Lateralus with the drummer and guitarists from Melt Banana was good, even though it seemed his guitar was down too low in the mix till close to the end; when he unleashed some great echoing shards on top of Danny's drums and the congas. Melt Banana's set was well received, no boos like I heard in Atlanta. They are an interesting band, but more conducive to a small club than a big arena. Since Tool didn't play The Pot or Right in Two in Atlanta, and was well pleased they did in St. Louis. The Pot is not a favorite of mine, but I have a new respect for it seeing it live. It's a great showcase for Danny and he was blazing away on it; Right in Two was simply beautiful. I am amazed that Tool continues to sound so incredibly good, night after night; they perform flawlessly with enormous passion and skill. I had a better view of Danny at this show, and he blew me away with the energy and drive, pounding the fuck out of the drums, with machine gun fills and his amazing timing. Maynard was clearly audible in the mix throughout and he never sounded better. In fact, the volume at this show was much louder than the Atlanta show, but still clean and overall gorgeous; Adam and Justin’s tones sounding huge and Danny‘s drums giant and meaty. I love this tour’s overall lighting effect, some are putting down the laser spectacle, preferring the backdrop used on the 2002 Lateralus tour. While that was great, (though I have only seen video of that), the combination of computer controlled lighting and films, timed expertly with the music makes for a powerful presentation. I saw plenty of laser shows in the 70’s and agree they are old technology, but a lot of younger Tool fans are seeing them for the first time. The guy sitting next to me from Kentucky was seeing Tool for the first time, and he was obviously a big fan, as he was singing all the words to a lot of the songs. He had no idea what to expect from the live performance, and I could tell he was blown away. It didn’t bother me that he was singing, he sang the right words at the right time and in key, which helped note to others, if you can't sing...don't). I enjoyed hearing his comments as the show progressed, like God damn!!!, and Wow. Don’t know how many concerts he’s seen to compare it too, but it clearly was one of the best of the 402 concerts I have logged since 1969. Wish I could see them again; maybe in 2012 on the next tour ;-)
Old 06-24-2007, 01:44 PM   #40
Level 1 - Lurker

A very excellent show
I just got back to Atlanta, flew up to St. Louis to see this show after I was able to score a great seat released on TM a few days ago. I was not disappointed; this was an amazing performance, even better than the one I saw in Atlanta...if that's possible. The posted set list is accurate. The jam in Lateralus with the drummer and guitarists from Melt Banana was good, even though it seemed his guitar was down too low in the mix till close to the end; when he unleashed some great echoing shards on top of Danny's drums and the congas. Melt Banana's set was well received, no boos like I heard in Atlanta. They are an interesting band, but more conducive to a small club than a big arena. Since Tool didn't play The Pot or Right in Two in Atlanta, and was well pleased they did in St. Louis. The Pot is not a favorite of mine, but I have a new respect for it seeing it live. It's a great showcase for Danny and he was blazing away on it; Right in Two was simply beautiful. I am amazed that Tool continues to sound so incredibly good, night after night; they perform flawlessly with enormous passion and skill. I had a better view of Danny at this show, and he blew me away with the energy and drive, pounding the fuck out of the drums, with machine gun fills and his amazing timing. Maynard was clearly audible in the mix throughout and he never sounded better. In fact, the volume at this show was much louder than the Atlanta show, but still clean and overall gorgeous; Adam and Justin’s tones sounding huge and Danny‘s drums giant and meaty. I love this tour’s overall lighting effect, some are putting down the laser spectacle, preferring the backdrop used on the 2002 Lateralus tour. While that was great, (though I have only seen video of that), the combination of computer controlled lighting and films, timed expertly with the music makes for a powerful presentation. I saw plenty of laser shows in the 70’s and agree they are old technology, but a lot of younger Tool fans are seeing them for the first time. The guy sitting next to me from Kentucky was seeing Tool for the first time, and he was obviously a big fan, as he was singing all the words to a lot of the songs. He had no idea what to expect from the live performance, and I could tell he was blown away. It didn’t bother me that he was singing, he sang the right words at the right time and in key, which helped note to others, if you can't sing...don't). I enjoyed hearing his comments as the show progressed, like God damn!!!, and Wow. Don’t know how many concerts he’s seen to compare it too, but it clearly was one of the best of the 402 concerts I have logged since 1969. Wish I could see them again; maybe in 2012 on the next tour ;-)
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply