Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
View Poll Results: Is the name of the new album "10,000 Days" as we were told?
Yes, I trust the band (win)/I was a blind sheep (lose) 192 58.01%
No, even God has trouble lying to me (win)/I'm a paranoid loser (lose) 139 41.99%
Voters: 331. You may not vote on this poll

ScarletLetterMan's Avatar ScarletLetterMan
03-15-2006, 08:14 PM

While somewhat skeptical regarding the album name & tracklisting, I really don't care what they call it. As long as it is Tool, I am happy. I would write more, but this is my first post, and I just wanted to get it out of the way. Great forum, thanks for being here and sharing in the Tool experience........... let us now hug and share a Butterfinger.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:14 PM   #41
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 3
Re: Official new album name poll

While somewhat skeptical regarding the album name & tracklisting, I really don't care what they call it. As long as it is Tool, I am happy. I would write more, but this is my first post, and I just wanted to get it out of the way. Great forum, thanks for being here and sharing in the Tool experience........... let us now hug and share a Butterfinger.
03-15-2006, 08:31 PM

i get the feeling that this 'official' tracklisting and album title may be leading up to our annual april fools joke. It just doesn't make total sense that a band such as Tool feel it necessary to release their track names prior to the release date; wouldn't they prefer to have it leaked out so that nobody is sure of the validity of the information, hence creating more of that mystique which the band prides in surrounding themselves with? Not saying that I understand in any way the manner of their (Tool's) thinking regarding this sort of thing but I just think that it's a little too close to April 1st to believe anything we here now.

or maybe i'm just a paranoid loser.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:31 PM   #42
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

i get the feeling that this 'official' tracklisting and album title may be leading up to our annual april fools joke. It just doesn't make total sense that a band such as Tool feel it necessary to release their track names prior to the release date; wouldn't they prefer to have it leaked out so that nobody is sure of the validity of the information, hence creating more of that mystique which the band prides in surrounding themselves with? Not saying that I understand in any way the manner of their (Tool's) thinking regarding this sort of thing but I just think that it's a little too close to April 1st to believe anything we here now.

or maybe i'm just a paranoid loser.
03-16-2006, 03:39 AM

31 Mar 05
"REMEMBER, DON”T KILL THE MESSENGER"

You know the old saying, “no news is good news”, well… that was the case as far as the recording process was going for the new Tool CD, but now things may have changed a bit. Yesterday, when I went to the studio to give Maynard a bottle of wine (a 1992 Maya) for winning the bet that I had with him involving his new film “Sleeping Dogs Lie” (I lost by default, not being able to attend the Sedona screening), not only wasn’t Maynard there, but, in what seems to be a case of enantiodromia (something becoming its opposite) if ever there was one (!), I was told the reason why he wasn’t there. I wish this post was dated April 1, but, unfortunately, it isn’t. Like a doctor giving a patient a straight, honest answer to a medical diagnosis, without sugar-coating the truth, here’s exactly what I was told: “Maynard has found Jesus.” This will come as a complete shock to most (but not all) of you, as it did to me. In fact, it just seemed like another MJK prank until I talked to the one person who I believe would know if all this was legit or not. After nearly an hour on the phone with this person, the answer I received was that Maynard has indeed “found Jesus” and that, for this reason, he’s abandoned the project for the time being, if not entirely. I don’t know what the f**k is in the water these days, but hopefully a black jelly belly will turn up in that golden bowl… that’s all I can think to say at this point. Before leaving the studio, I watched as Danny made arrangements to go play some golf, while Adam and Justin kept working on a particular song. So, in case you missed it (those who don’t read the whole post), here’s today's news: Maynard has found Jesus…"

before we follow like sheep in a herd lets remember the past........hmm....
Old 03-16-2006, 03:39 AM   #43
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

31 Mar 05
"REMEMBER, DON”T KILL THE MESSENGER"

You know the old saying, “no news is good news”, well… that was the case as far as the recording process was going for the new Tool CD, but now things may have changed a bit. Yesterday, when I went to the studio to give Maynard a bottle of wine (a 1992 Maya) for winning the bet that I had with him involving his new film “Sleeping Dogs Lie” (I lost by default, not being able to attend the Sedona screening), not only wasn’t Maynard there, but, in what seems to be a case of enantiodromia (something becoming its opposite) if ever there was one (!), I was told the reason why he wasn’t there. I wish this post was dated April 1, but, unfortunately, it isn’t. Like a doctor giving a patient a straight, honest answer to a medical diagnosis, without sugar-coating the truth, here’s exactly what I was told: “Maynard has found Jesus.” This will come as a complete shock to most (but not all) of you, as it did to me. In fact, it just seemed like another MJK prank until I talked to the one person who I believe would know if all this was legit or not. After nearly an hour on the phone with this person, the answer I received was that Maynard has indeed “found Jesus” and that, for this reason, he’s abandoned the project for the time being, if not entirely. I don’t know what the f**k is in the water these days, but hopefully a black jelly belly will turn up in that golden bowl… that’s all I can think to say at this point. Before leaving the studio, I watched as Danny made arrangements to go play some golf, while Adam and Justin kept working on a particular song. So, in case you missed it (those who don’t read the whole post), here’s today's news: Maynard has found Jesus…"

before we follow like sheep in a herd lets remember the past........hmm....
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Priapus's Avatar Priapus
03-16-2006, 07:36 AM

At this stage I would rather believe the information we have been given is real, as opposed to fake.

I have no problem with the name of track listings, and think it would be childish, not enlightening, if this has all been an elaborate hoax.

Andy Kings review matches, and Blair has announced it, and Adam has confirmed via myspace. If they come out in a few weeks/months and say "OMG LOLZ WE TRICKED YOU WE ARE TEH L33T!!!!" I will not be at all impressed.

As I said in Systolics thread, I do have appreciation for the lengths he has gone to but I think very little of his argument stands up.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:36 AM   #44
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 13

At this stage I would rather believe the information we have been given is real, as opposed to fake.

I have no problem with the name of track listings, and think it would be childish, not enlightening, if this has all been an elaborate hoax.

Andy Kings review matches, and Blair has announced it, and Adam has confirmed via myspace. If they come out in a few weeks/months and say "OMG LOLZ WE TRICKED YOU WE ARE TEH L33T!!!!" I will not be at all impressed.

As I said in Systolics thread, I do have appreciation for the lengths he has gone to but I think very little of his argument stands up.
eddie75's Avatar eddie75
03-16-2006, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priapus

I don't think their point is to trick you for fun. I think it's more about keeping as much information from leaking as possible before the release. They did the same thing before lateralus released. Learn from the past.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:38 AM   #45
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 1202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priapus

I don't think their point is to trick you for fun. I think it's more about keeping as much information from leaking as possible before the release. They did the same thing before lateralus released. Learn from the past.
5th Eye's Avatar 5th Eye
03-16-2006, 07:38 AM

The only name I like is "Wings for Marie" but I only sort of like the album name at the moment.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:38 AM   #46
Super Bat Kiss

Bincount™: 9554

The only name I like is "Wings for Marie" but I only sort of like the album name at the moment.
03-16-2006, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie75
I am still not understanding the reasoning...Now all media forms and some of us believe one thing, then in a few months they may change all the information, what is the difference as to knowing now and then?

Is the idea that the more people that know the real titles the more likely the music and albums are to get leaked?

I am not seeing how it makes a whole lot of difference, certainly not enough difference to justify these measures of fabrication
Old 03-16-2006, 07:58 AM   #47
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
I am still not understanding the reasoning...Now all media forms and some of us believe one thing, then in a few months they may change all the information, what is the difference as to knowing now and then?

Is the idea that the more people that know the real titles the more likely the music and albums are to get leaked?

I am not seeing how it makes a whole lot of difference, certainly not enough difference to justify these measures of fabrication
eddie75's Avatar eddie75
03-16-2006, 08:45 AM

Tool is hugely against the leaking of their material. The spreading of misinformation creates a ton of skeptics for everything tool related, as you can see in this forum. By doing that even the possible real leaks may be seen as fakes and not get the attention they normally would.

They did this exact same thing with the release of lateralus. They released a fake album name and a fake track list. It's not like tool really has to go to any length of work to do this. We're all doing it for them. On top of that it creates publicity. You get people talking about the album with the posting of a album name no matter if it's real or not. Remember the real lateralus entered the charts at #1, and the hype created by the false name helped get the word out, without leaking the real material.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:45 AM   #48
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Tool is hugely against the leaking of their material. The spreading of misinformation creates a ton of skeptics for everything tool related, as you can see in this forum. By doing that even the possible real leaks may be seen as fakes and not get the attention they normally would.

They did this exact same thing with the release of lateralus. They released a fake album name and a fake track list. It's not like tool really has to go to any length of work to do this. We're all doing it for them. On top of that it creates publicity. You get people talking about the album with the posting of a album name no matter if it's real or not. Remember the real lateralus entered the charts at #1, and the hype created by the false name helped get the word out, without leaking the real material.
Priapus's Avatar Priapus
03-16-2006, 09:20 AM

Quote:

I agree most with the "we are doing it for them" statement.

They have released a track list and album name, and it has been "confirmed" in a few different ways.

I can't help but feel if they were trying to bamboozle us with a myriad of alternative information, it would have been forthcoming by now.

One thing that still concerns me is that April Fools is just around the corner, so I DO expect a curveball then.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:20 AM   #49
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

I agree most with the "we are doing it for them" statement.

They have released a track list and album name, and it has been "confirmed" in a few different ways.

I can't help but feel if they were trying to bamboozle us with a myriad of alternative information, it would have been forthcoming by now.

One thing that still concerns me is that April Fools is just around the corner, so I DO expect a curveball then.
eddie75's Avatar eddie75
03-16-2006, 09:24 AM

We're still far enough from the actual release date that they don't have to really give out any more info. The big one that stands out to me is that is the fact that places like amazon have the title as TBA still. Screwing with their fans is easy, screwing with the retailer is a whole different matter.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:24 AM   #50
Level 12 - Scurrilous

We're still far enough from the actual release date that they don't have to really give out any more info. The big one that stands out to me is that is the fact that places like amazon have the title as TBA still. Screwing with their fans is easy, screwing with the retailer is a whole different matter.
Windir's Avatar Windir
03-16-2006, 09:38 AM

* starts campfire *

I think I'll stay a lil longer.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:38 AM   #51
Banned at user request

Bincount™: 4029

* starts campfire *

I think I'll stay a lil longer.
symbiosis's Avatar symbiosis
03-16-2006, 12:36 PM

It's fake, like a true tool fan I will question authority until I have it in my hands.

p.s. Not only will it be called something different, but it's going to be worse than 10,000 days.

People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:36 PM   #52
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1891

It's fake, like a true tool fan I will question authority until I have it in my hands.

p.s. Not only will it be called something different, but it's going to be worse than 10,000 days.

People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.
APT's Avatar APT
03-16-2006, 07:13 PM

Notice its mainly people who joined in the past few months that voted yes.
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, his greatest fulfillment of all he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.
-Vince Lombardi
Old 03-16-2006, 07:13 PM   #53
APT
Jörmungandr

Bincount™: 929

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, his greatest fulfillment of all he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.
-Vince Lombardi
Systolic
03-16-2006, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APT
Except Kabir...

:)
Old 03-16-2006, 07:16 PM   #54
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 862

Quote:
Originally Posted by APT
Except Kabir...

:)
03-16-2006, 08:26 PM

I demand another poll option.

....then God is not dead.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:26 PM   #55
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 4207

I demand another poll option.

flipmojo's Avatar flipmojo
03-17-2006, 12:10 AM

I really can't believe that 40% of the people on this forum think that 10,000 Days is not the album title. That just shows you how many sceptics and cynics visit this forum.

There is no reason to doubt that title unless you simply do not like to believe anything.
04/14/1994 Orlando, FL; 03/11/1997 San Antonio, TX; 08/07/1998 Austin, TX; 10/11/2001 Orlando, FL; 08/04/2002 Estero, FL; 08/05/2002 Daytona Beach, FL; 05/31/2007 Orlando; 06/01/07 Sunrise, FL; 06/02/07 Jacksonville, FL
Old 03-17-2006, 12:10 AM   #56
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 31

I really can't believe that 40% of the people on this forum think that 10,000 Days is not the album title. That just shows you how many sceptics and cynics visit this forum.

There is no reason to doubt that title unless you simply do not like to believe anything.
04/14/1994 Orlando, FL; 03/11/1997 San Antonio, TX; 08/07/1998 Austin, TX; 10/11/2001 Orlando, FL; 08/04/2002 Estero, FL; 08/05/2002 Daytona Beach, FL; 05/31/2007 Orlando; 06/01/07 Sunrise, FL; 06/02/07 Jacksonville, FL
Systolic
03-17-2006, 12:11 AM

The "No"s are catching up to the "yes"s. SLowly but surely.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:11 AM   #57
Level 9 - Obstreperous

03-17-2006, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systolic
Like I said... sceptics and cynics. You could even add paranoid to the list.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:19 AM   #58
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 31

Quote:
Like I said... sceptics and cynics. You could even add paranoid to the list.
eddie75's Avatar eddie75
03-17-2006, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipmojo

Or it shows how many of us have seen the band pull this prank before.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:10 AM   #59
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipmojo

Or it shows how many of us have seen the band pull this prank before.
paraflux
03-17-2006, 07:24 AM

I do not like to believe anything.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:24 AM   #60
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070

I do not like to believe anything.
eddie75's Avatar eddie75
03-17-2006, 07:58 AM

Especially when it comes to tool news
Old 03-17-2006, 07:58 AM   #61
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Especially when it comes to tool news
InertUniformity's Avatar InertUniformity
03-17-2006, 08:20 AM

It sucks cuz its been 5 years and as Systolic pointed out, thanks to the facelessness of the internet - we really dont know anything.

I once believed in 10,000 Days, but Ocelot and Systolic have done a marvelous job of changing my mind.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:20 AM   #62
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104

It sucks cuz its been 5 years and as Systolic pointed out, thanks to the facelessness of the internet - we really dont know anything.

I once believed in 10,000 Days, but Ocelot and Systolic have done a marvelous job of changing my mind.
03-17-2006, 10:26 AM

take a look at the thread about "triple j review of 10000 days" - triple j are a national radio station in australia, if they have quoted the name, im up for believing it...
d
Old 03-17-2006, 10:26 AM   #63
Level 2 - Poster

take a look at the thread about "triple j review of 10000 days" - triple j are a national radio station in australia, if they have quoted the name, im up for believing it...
d
solidabyss
03-17-2006, 10:52 AM

when lateralus was coming out and they posted the fake title and track listings did they ever get them published in mags?
Old 03-17-2006, 10:52 AM   #64
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

when lateralus was coming out and they posted the fake title and track listings did they ever get them published in mags?
03-17-2006, 11:19 AM

You know.. for the record... this poll has no bearing on whether or not the title is actually true. So even if 100% of the forum thought it was a false title and tracklist, it still doesn't mean they are fake. It just means we have a forum full of people who don't believe it.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:19 AM   #65
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 23

You know.. for the record... this poll has no bearing on whether or not the title is actually true. So even if 100% of the forum thought it was a false title and tracklist, it still doesn't mean they are fake. It just means we have a forum full of people who don't believe it.
gira's Avatar gira
03-17-2006, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRuleOfThree
yeh, i guess the fact that it was published on triple j should persuade quite a number of people that it is real
Old 03-17-2006, 11:34 AM   #66
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRuleOfThree
yeh, i guess the fact that it was published on triple j should persuade quite a number of people that it is real
tDoXoMl
03-17-2006, 01:32 PM

Quote:

this man knows what hes talking about
Old 03-17-2006, 01:32 PM   #67
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 70

Quote:

Metalgod666's Avatar Metalgod666
03-17-2006, 02:39 PM

I still think that the real title will be revealed at a later time. Which gets me to wonder, what will Tool think of this year for the April fools joke
Old 03-17-2006, 02:39 PM   #68
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11

I still think that the real title will be revealed at a later time. Which gets me to wonder, what will Tool think of this year for the April fools joke
gira's Avatar gira
03-17-2006, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tDoXoMl
i agree
1 because they mentioned this in the lateralus interviews stating that when they used to wait for the new pink floyd albums or whatever they would have no idea what the hell it was going to consist of and the element of suprise of going to the store and buying it was a lare portion of the reason of why they were so excited when they walked into the shop with enuff money to buy the things, even if it happened to be released a couple of weeks earlier...

2 they make alot more money than other bands that are careless with their releasing of previews etc. as bands can tend to make only 10% of all album sales, and these guys have more control as alot more people will buy the album and experience that same rush that they did as mentioned in point 1. Its a win/win situation. Tool probably make alot more of a percentage on their albums the way they have set up their production / distribution / intellectual property rights. they are smart business men as well. and so they should be!

d.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:46 PM   #69
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tDoXoMl
i agree
1 because they mentioned this in the lateralus interviews stating that when they used to wait for the new pink floyd albums or whatever they would have no idea what the hell it was going to consist of and the element of suprise of going to the store and buying it was a lare portion of the reason of why they were so excited when they walked into the shop with enuff money to buy the things, even if it happened to be released a couple of weeks earlier...

2 they make alot more money than other bands that are careless with their releasing of previews etc. as bands can tend to make only 10% of all album sales, and these guys have more control as alot more people will buy the album and experience that same rush that they did as mentioned in point 1. Its a win/win situation. Tool probably make alot more of a percentage on their albums the way they have set up their production / distribution / intellectual property rights. they are smart business men as well. and so they should be!

d.
Ocelot199's Avatar Ocelot199
03-17-2006, 03:53 PM

Or maybe they're just assholes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InertUniformity
::flexes muscles::

I actually voted yes. I don't care for the title, but I think its getting too close to the release date for them to go "LOL JUST KIDDING".

However, I have a bit of doubt. "10,000 Days" sounds so much more like a live DVD type thing, or a biography of the band, than an actual album title. I wouldn't be surprised at all if May 2nd rolls around and we get kicked in the face with someone no one was expecting (nudie shots of Blair)

Also, like I said before, no matter what we all believe, Tool is still going to call whatever it is they're doing whatever they've decided to call it. So all the threads that talk about it are pretty fucking pointless.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:53 PM   #70
On Probation

Bincount™: 8929

Or maybe they're just assholes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InertUniformity

I actually voted yes. I don't care for the title, but I think its getting too close to the release date for them to go "LOL JUST KIDDING".

However, I have a bit of doubt. "10,000 Days" sounds so much more like a live DVD type thing, or a biography of the band, than an actual album title. I wouldn't be surprised at all if May 2nd rolls around and we get kicked in the face with someone no one was expecting (nudie shots of Blair)

Also, like I said before, no matter what we all believe, Tool is still going to call whatever it is they're doing whatever they've decided to call it. So all the threads that talk about it are pretty fucking pointless.
5th Eye's Avatar 5th Eye
03-17-2006, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocelot199
I disagree; there hasn't been any hype about the new name at all in the media (except the JJJ review), so since it's been kept so quiet that may change. I doubt it will, but we'll see. (Though, on the other hand, that's not what happened with Systema Encéphale, but whatever.)
Quote:
However, I have a bit of doubt. "10,000 Days" sounds so much more like a live DVD type thing, or a biography of the band, than an actual album title. I wouldn't be surprised at all if May 2nd rolls around and we get kicked in the face with someone no one was expecting
Holy crap live DVD??????

Probably not...not a bad idea though...
Old 03-17-2006, 04:15 PM   #71
Super Bat Kiss

Bincount™: 9554

Quote:
I disagree; there hasn't been any hype about the new name at all in the media (except the JJJ review), so since it's been kept so quiet that may change. I doubt it will, but we'll see. (Though, on the other hand, that's not what happened with Systema Encéphale, but whatever.)
Quote:
However, I have a bit of doubt. "10,000 Days" sounds so much more like a live DVD type thing, or a biography of the band, than an actual album title. I wouldn't be surprised at all if May 2nd rolls around and we get kicked in the face with someone no one was expecting
Holy crap live DVD??????

Probably not...not a bad idea though...
03-17-2006, 04:19 PM

With regards to printing labels and stuff, it really is getting too late. The CDs are gonna be distributed to stores by the middle of April (last week of April if Tool really wanna push it and get a bunch of CD stores pissed that them), which is only a month away right now... I dunno how long it takes to press CDs, print the album art and package the whole thing, but seeing as most CDs are set to go on the shelves something like 2 months before their official release date, it seems unlikely that any major change is gonna happen.

Of course, we have yet to see any official artwork... so it is possible. The point stands, though... Unless Tool someone managed to keep any artwork from leaking off the printing line (which is pretty much totally impossible), they haven't begun printing it yet. Or something.

Edit: Thats actually a good reason not to believe in "10,000 Days" - no leaked artwork yet. Blair said it would leak, and it hasn't. That means that he probably lied... the artwork hasn't been printed yet.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:19 PM   #72
On Probation

With regards to printing labels and stuff, it really is getting too late. The CDs are gonna be distributed to stores by the middle of April (last week of April if Tool really wanna push it and get a bunch of CD stores pissed that them), which is only a month away right now... I dunno how long it takes to press CDs, print the album art and package the whole thing, but seeing as most CDs are set to go on the shelves something like 2 months before their official release date, it seems unlikely that any major change is gonna happen.

Of course, we have yet to see any official artwork... so it is possible. The point stands, though... Unless Tool someone managed to keep any artwork from leaking off the printing line (which is pretty much totally impossible), they haven't begun printing it yet. Or something.

Edit: Thats actually a good reason not to believe in "10,000 Days" - no leaked artwork yet. Blair said it would leak, and it hasn't. That means that he probably lied... the artwork hasn't been printed yet.
UtUmNo1's Avatar UtUmNo1
03-17-2006, 04:36 PM

Quote:
You have to be kidding??

Old 03-17-2006, 04:36 PM   #73
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
You have to be kidding??

Systolic
03-17-2006, 04:37 PM

Quote:

Well when I worked at Best Buy, we got CD 's in on the wekend BEFORE their release... usually gave employees about 2 days to reserve a copy (albeit illegally)... before customers could buy them, so I dont think this is the case (referring to your first paragraph). As far as the artwork thing... you ay be on to something.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:37 PM   #74
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

Well when I worked at Best Buy, we got CD 's in on the wekend BEFORE their release... usually gave employees about 2 days to reserve a copy (albeit illegally)... before customers could buy them, so I dont think this is the case (referring to your first paragraph). As far as the artwork thing... you ay be on to something.
03-17-2006, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtUmNo1
You have to be kidding??
Of course I was kidding.

Quote:
Only a week? We get DVDs into blockbuster usually between 2 and 3 weeks before they release. We've already got stuff in thats coming out sometime in April.

Haha, its illegal for you guys to buy that stuff? We get to take out whatever prestreets we want... its supersweet, especially when I come into work to check in something thats not coming out for a few weeks, and some stupid customer is all like OMG I WANT THAT and I get to rub it in their face.

Ahh, the power of working at a Blockbuster.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:53 PM   #75
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtUmNo1
You have to be kidding??
Of course I was kidding.

Quote:
Only a week? We get DVDs into blockbuster usually between 2 and 3 weeks before they release. We've already got stuff in thats coming out sometime in April.

Haha, its illegal for you guys to buy that stuff? We get to take out whatever prestreets we want... its supersweet, especially when I come into work to check in something thats not coming out for a few weeks, and some stupid customer is all like OMG I WANT THAT and I get to rub it in their face.

Systolic
03-17-2006, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Of course I was kidding.

nono its not illegal for us to buy it..
Its illegal for us to snag copies and hide them to ensure that we get one, etc.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:07 PM   #76
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Of course I was kidding.

nono its not illegal for us to buy it..
Its illegal for us to snag copies and hide them to ensure that we get one, etc.
03-17-2006, 05:08 PM

I meant buying stuff before its officially released.

And who the fuck cares. Thats the lamest thing to be illegal ever. Fucking corporate assholes :/
Old 03-17-2006, 05:08 PM   #77
On Probation

I meant buying stuff before its officially released.

And who the fuck cares. Thats the lamest thing to be illegal ever. Fucking corporate assholes :/
Skinshifter01's Avatar Skinshifter01
03-18-2006, 06:20 AM

I don't know, it just seems kind of redundant for tool to continue fucking with us in the same direction. Seems kind of childish to continually pull the same pranks--well... Yeah.
These guys are intelligent, and I . . . don't know--I respect Blair enough to trust him when he says that this is real. I just can't see him coming a few months later and saying, "Yeah, the whole thing was a lie just to test you." He said officiality would be stated on the site--it was stated on the site. No side bars, no giggling. He dropped it, now we should.

And I've given it a lot of thought--and what is "toolian" anyway? Who decides what "sounds" tool-like? tool does; and honestly, the name titles, I kind of like them--they don't mock the current trend of long-fucking song titles, they don't really seem to be . . . "Maynardian" (because, to me, the titles of all the other songs seemed to be heavily influenced by the lyrics). Or, maybe they are moreso; I don't know. The titles don't really have a "haha" feel to them, but they also seem to be smirking a little. "Swamp Song", you could tell what was coming at you, same with "Disposition/Reflection/Triad" just by reading the title. "Wings for Mary" and "Jambi", not so much.

And besides, they're on a different theme (this one being time) and there's mathematics laced through the titles; i don't know the math, but they feel very . . . transcendental--which is a feeling that I like getting from tool.

So whether I'm being redundant or not, I'll err on it's side. This is legit; whatever pranks tool is going to pull with this album, I highly doubt it has anything to do with the official stuff.

(Though the fact that radio stations seem to be completely unaware of the album title/track listings does make me a little nervous--I'm perfectly aware that I could be wrong, and I'm ready for it.)

A truly great mind is one that thinks for itself.
Old 03-18-2006, 06:20 AM   #78
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

I don't know, it just seems kind of redundant for tool to continue fucking with us in the same direction. Seems kind of childish to continually pull the same pranks--well... Yeah.
These guys are intelligent, and I . . . don't know--I respect Blair enough to trust him when he says that this is real. I just can't see him coming a few months later and saying, "Yeah, the whole thing was a lie just to test you." He said officiality would be stated on the site--it was stated on the site. No side bars, no giggling. He dropped it, now we should.

And I've given it a lot of thought--and what is "toolian" anyway? Who decides what "sounds" tool-like? tool does; and honestly, the name titles, I kind of like them--they don't mock the current trend of long-fucking song titles, they don't really seem to be . . . "Maynardian" (because, to me, the titles of all the other songs seemed to be heavily influenced by the lyrics). Or, maybe they are moreso; I don't know. The titles don't really have a "haha" feel to them, but they also seem to be smirking a little. "Swamp Song", you could tell what was coming at you, same with "Disposition/Reflection/Triad" just by reading the title. "Wings for Mary" and "Jambi", not so much.

And besides, they're on a different theme (this one being time) and there's mathematics laced through the titles; i don't know the math, but they feel very . . . transcendental--which is a feeling that I like getting from tool.

So whether I'm being redundant or not, I'll err on it's side. This is legit; whatever pranks tool is going to pull with this album, I highly doubt it has anything to do with the official stuff.

(Though the fact that radio stations seem to be completely unaware of the album title/track listings does make me a little nervous--I'm perfectly aware that I could be wrong, and I'm ready for it.)

A truly great mind is one that thinks for itself.
UtUmNo1's Avatar UtUmNo1
03-18-2006, 07:49 AM

Fuck off.

Old 03-18-2006, 07:49 AM   #79
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Fuck off.