Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 09. Intension
User Name
Password
mardukas
07-04-2006, 09:11 PM

I thought Intension was too much of a slow-down after Rosetta Stoned, so I moved The Pot in between RS and Intension. A much more gradual decompression, if you will.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:11 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Revised track order

I thought Intension was too much of a slow-down after Rosetta Stoned, so I moved The Pot in between RS and Intension. A much more gradual decompression, if you will.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Dolophane's Avatar Dolophane
07-05-2006, 10:40 PM

I agree it's a pretty drastic change between RS and Intension. My alternate version places Intension after Jambi, which I think works quite well.
"You see, for me [art]'s not one of life's ornaments, rococo relaxation to be greeted affably after a day of hard work; I'm inverted on this : for me it's my very breath, the one thing necessary, and all else is excretion and a latrine."

~Arno Schmidt
Old 07-05-2006, 10:40 PM   #2
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 95
Re: Revised track order

I agree it's a pretty drastic change between RS and Intension. My alternate version places Intension after Jambi, which I think works quite well.
"You see, for me [art]'s not one of life's ornaments, rococo relaxation to be greeted affably after a day of hard work; I'm inverted on this : for me it's my very breath, the one thing necessary, and all else is excretion and a latrine."

~Arno Schmidt
Matt8's Avatar Matt8
07-06-2006, 08:26 AM

i like it the way it is. rosetta stoned explodes and then its like intension is the aftermath in a sound sence. the album feels very good to me the way it flows.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:26 AM   #3
On Probation

Bincount™: 249

i like it the way it is. rosetta stoned explodes and then its like intension is the aftermath in a sound sence. the album feels very good to me the way it flows.
x3rdIx's Avatar x3rdIx
07-27-2006, 03:44 AM

Blah....

Last edited by x3rdIx; 07-27-2006 at 03:53 AM..
Old 07-27-2006, 03:44 AM   #4
Level 3 - Talker

Blah....

Last edited by x3rdIx; 07-27-2006 at 03:53 AM..
Ænimic4six1's Avatar Ænimic4six1
01-17-2007, 06:27 AM

its like Ticks and Leeches to Lateralus to D/R/T...burst,burst,chill out
Old 01-17-2007, 06:27 AM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

its like Ticks and Leeches to Lateralus to D/R/T...burst,burst,chill out
swampyfool's Avatar swampyfool
01-17-2007, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardukas View Post
This is so dumb.
But I'll pull through
Old 01-17-2007, 07:07 AM   #6
Ron Swampson

Bincount™: 5576

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardukas View Post
This is so dumb.
But I'll pull through
savoie2006
01-19-2007, 09:24 AM

If you move Intension then you would have to move Right In Two as well because they are connected in some strange way.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:24 AM   #7
Level 3 - Talker

If you move Intension then you would have to move Right In Two as well because they are connected in some strange way.
wearethestories's Avatar wearethestories
02-13-2007, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006 View Post
same thought.

let's just keep it the way they gave* it to us.

*sold?
Away with our explosives then! Away with our destroyers! They have no place within our better world... But let us raise a toast to all our bombers, all our bastards, most unlovely and most unforgivable.
Let's drink to their health, then meet with them no more.

9.30.2006 - Washington, D.C.
6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
Old 02-13-2007, 10:48 PM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006 View Post
same thought.

let's just keep it the way they gave* it to us.

*sold?
Away with our explosives then! Away with our destroyers! They have no place within our better world... But let us raise a toast to all our bombers, all our bastards, most unlovely and most unforgivable.
Let's drink to their health, then meet with them no more.

9.30.2006 - Washington, D.C.
6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
03-15-2007, 09:32 AM

I think it makes sense as it is....if anybody's experienced a hard trip, after the craziness and peeking hours later you finally start coming down and everything seems calm and peaceful and at least for me that's about the point I start thinking deeply about nature and thinking through ideas and feelings. The calm after the storm per sey. Maybe this is Dave's calm down period after getting out of the hospital and then Right In Two is him in deep thought about how pitiful and greedy humanity can be. Then comes Viginti Tres, when he finally falls asleep he has this vivid crazy ass dream of being abducted or whatever it's supposed to represent.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:32 AM   #9
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

I think it makes sense as it is....if anybody's experienced a hard trip, after the craziness and peeking hours later you finally start coming down and everything seems calm and peaceful and at least for me that's about the point I start thinking deeply about nature and thinking through ideas and feelings. The calm after the storm per sey. Maybe this is Dave's calm down period after getting out of the hospital and then Right In Two is him in deep thought about how pitiful and greedy humanity can be. Then comes Viginti Tres, when he finally falls asleep he has this vivid crazy ass dream of being abducted or whatever it's supposed to represent.
07-29-2007, 10:07 PM

listen to the non reversed words of this song, there's a line where it's like "Forge a blade and slay the stranger" or something, as in "forge a blade and where there's one they're bound to divide it... Right In Two." I have to admit I used to skip through this track, but now it's just as important as listening to Lost Keys and Rosetta Stoned together. or better yet, listening to the album all the way through.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:07 PM   #10
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

listen to the non reversed words of this song, there's a line where it's like "Forge a blade and slay the stranger" or something, as in "forge a blade and where there's one they're bound to divide it... Right In Two." I have to admit I used to skip through this track, but now it's just as important as listening to Lost Keys and Rosetta Stoned together. or better yet, listening to the album all the way through.
Ghostwriter's Avatar Ghostwriter
07-31-2007, 05:04 PM

I love the conversion from Rosetta Stoned to Intension because the noise in the beginning makes me think of debris falling from the sky and "white noise"... I think it is a great transition!
Old 07-31-2007, 05:04 PM   #11
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 30

I love the conversion from Rosetta Stoned to Intension because the noise in the beginning makes me think of debris falling from the sky and "white noise"... I think it is a great transition!

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply