Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 09. Intension
User Name
Password
ChaseNine's Avatar ChaseNine
08-02-2009, 02:49 PM

This is the best song on 10,000 Days. Do you agree with me? Do you disagree with me? Why?

I really want to see and evaluate all of the equipment that Danny Carey uses. It boggles me, the sounds that he can make. And that isn't even counting Justin or Adam. I just think that, the way technology is nowadays, more bands should be expanding and making cool sounds like Tool does, instead of keeping the traditional feel.

Although traditional is always amazing too.

Anyways, main thing I wanted to post here was my interpretation/opinion on this song. First of all, this is not a normal song. And I have definitely had my share of experiences with this song playing in the background. Many thoughts and visions, although many Tool songs are that way for me, this one gets me thinking a lot more. About life. The world. The end of the world. And heaven, life before this life, and people and actions that are made.

Do you think that when somebody does something, whether it be important or forgotten, sad or good, do you wonder if the actions we make in this life are recorded? Or pre-ordained?

Please don't bring God into this thread, I'm not trying to argue. I just wanted everyone to know that Intension is a lot deeper of a song that you probably think it is, and if you want to really get some thoughts running through your head, listen to this song, maybe followed by Right In Two, and if you still can't find a good time, then just grab the artwork for 10,000 Days and meditate for a while.

Also, does anybody find the puzzle in 10,000 Days artwork? This is the wrong thread,... I know... but check it out.

Last edited by ChaseNine; 08-02-2009 at 02:52 PM..
Old 08-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Epic Binding Pose

This is the best song on 10,000 Days. Do you agree with me? Do you disagree with me? Why?

I really want to see and evaluate all of the equipment that Danny Carey uses. It boggles me, the sounds that he can make. And that isn't even counting Justin or Adam. I just think that, the way technology is nowadays, more bands should be expanding and making cool sounds like Tool does, instead of keeping the traditional feel.

Although traditional is always amazing too.

Anyways, main thing I wanted to post here was my interpretation/opinion on this song. First of all, this is not a normal song. And I have definitely had my share of experiences with this song playing in the background. Many thoughts and visions, although many Tool songs are that way for me, this one gets me thinking a lot more. About life. The world. The end of the world. And heaven, life before this life, and people and actions that are made.

Do you think that when somebody does something, whether it be important or forgotten, sad or good, do you wonder if the actions we make in this life are recorded? Or pre-ordained?

Please don't bring God into this thread, I'm not trying to argue. I just wanted everyone to know that Intension is a lot deeper of a song that you probably think it is, and if you want to really get some thoughts running through your head, listen to this song, maybe followed by Right In Two, and if you still can't find a good time, then just grab the artwork for 10,000 Days and meditate for a while.

Also, does anybody find the puzzle in 10,000 Days artwork? This is the wrong thread,... I know... but check it out.

Last edited by ChaseNine; 08-02-2009 at 02:52 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
meriter
08-02-2009, 02:51 PM

I think midi trigger drum pads are far from amazing.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:51 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 488
Re: Epic Binding Pose

I think midi trigger drum pads are far from amazing.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
ChaseNine's Avatar ChaseNine
08-02-2009, 02:53 PM

You don't like them? Really.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:53 PM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: Epic Binding Pose

You don't like them? Really.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply