opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Vicarious
User Name
Password
Old 03-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1
newish idea seems to make sense to me

hokay. so. stay with me here. the bug is a metaphor for the band. the bug opened x's third eye but in doing so also gave birth to the huge destroyer thing (which is also an eye). the third eye represents knowing that there is a framework at play that we cannot describe behind our everyday life, or as i like to put it "the question." the video's saying you can use the question of why we are here to make you realize your time here something special or you can focus on the question and let it consume you. haha im not crazy i promise.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:19 PM   #2
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217
Re: newish idea seems to make sense to me

i like it.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:32 PM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

interesting. so does that kinda tie into rosetta stoned? was the narrator consumed by the question?
Old 03-06-2011, 04:29 AM   #4
On Probation

Bincount™: 7922

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnadd View Post
hokay. so. stay with me here. the bug is a metaphor for the band. the bug opened x's third eye but in doing so also gave birth to the huge destroyer thing (which is also an eye). the third eye represents knowing that there is a framework at play that we cannot describe behind our everyday life, or as i like to put it "the question." the video's saying you can use the question of why we are here to make you realize your time here something special or you can focus on the question and let it consume you. haha im not crazy i promise.
i like it too.

re-watching the video and thinking of the bug as the band made weird sense. (forgot what a good video it is). could you elaborate a bit more on how you come to the conclusion about the question and stuff? :)
Old 03-06-2011, 05:52 PM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

well i view the question is "why are we here? and howd we get here?," I spent a lot of time in the thread devoted to solving the puzzle to 10000 days and realized that a lot of people in that thread and in others, appear to be stuck in a place created by the band and what they do. not neccessarilly a bad thing, but i can see and feel in myself that pondering said above question, which is obviously motivated by the band, can drive a person to delusions. I think they realized this and designed the video around, be it consious or subconsiously, fixing the conflict that they the band have created, and i believe its working. crazy theory i know but it all seems to fit. there are parts of the video that im still not one hundred percent sure what they signify obviously, like the three clear rectangles, i was thinking they could be external stimuli be it information, drugs, ect, but idk. i think this video hasnt been really disected until now which seems odd to me
Old 03-06-2011, 06:05 PM   #6
Banned.

Bincount™: 269

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnadd View Post
i think this video hasnt been really disected until now which seems odd to me
probably cuz it's boring as hell
Old 03-09-2011, 03:05 AM   #7
On Probation

Bincount™: 7922

haha mosis

i agree with what you're saying, mcnadd. reminded me of metallica's "some kind of monster" in that they want the fans to be mroe aware of themselves as fans... ? idunno
Old 03-09-2011, 11:34 AM   #8
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 13

There are some extremely valid points being shared around here. first Self awareness is paramount, and has always been the subject of Tools art.. its also the purpose of education into the occult. or what is hidden from perception.

AS for neuroks comment, he cant be more correct, again what i have pointed out in the past, orders of the Tanric philosophy are focused on liberation from the conditioned mind, realizing we are already lost, and moving from there, we cant move on the spiritual planes if we are attached to some mental condition. In the state of realizing the void truth of all knowledge one can imediatly feel a sense of begin lost, this states opens us up to the infinite possibilities that arise from every moment. This strengthens intuition.

I want to pull us all back to the art work Ramiro Rodriguez released just before the album was released. TURN OFF YOUR TV. It depicts a Child siting a pile of books, watching a TV. Medusa is on the screen. to THE LEFT of the TV is a Devil encouraging the child to watch, While on THE RIGHT is a angel trying to pull the plug on the TV.
of coarse the child is growing a tail.

EYE on the TV cause tragedy thrills me.

there is a element of decay in this video. destruction... there is also a element of consciousness on different levels. FIrst we start out viewing the retina of the eye then the worm or snake,(im not sure what the red and blue things are). I believe that EYE with the 3 tentacle is The Chaos GOD, IN the hellBOY movie its called Ogdru Jahad, which seems like it may be taken from true occult lore, PERHAPS. Then we have the EYES on the Body of the observer of the crystal box. And Then the eye at the end representing global consciousness, or maybe consciousness of Malkuth.
All assertions to a phenomenon are projected, and are the result of the mind stream projecting them. All phenomenon are of a relative nature, there for all phenomenon are subjective. All phenomenon Inherently contain their own contradiction, therefore All phenomenon are Empty and void of inherent assertions.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:03 PM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

another thing i was thinking of was at the end, when the character seems possessed by energy, has it been asked if this was related to the kundalini awakening?
Old 03-25-2011, 08:52 AM   #10
Level 7 - Loquacious

got a link?
Old 05-22-2012, 05:48 AM   #11
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope!

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread